Project SS DOU Teambuilding Competition v.2 - Week 15: Diancie (Voting Phase)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toxigen

get numb to it
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
DPL Champion
Aaaand we're back! A lot has happened this week between the SCL draft and the Kartana suspect, and it's the latter that will affect this week's subject, which is gonna be...

:SS/tapu-fini:

Kartana is banned, and one of the many Pokemon thats gonna take advantage of this decision is Tapu-Fini. Like Nido said in his interview, Tapu-Fini gets a lot better since its checks can now be intimidated, while Kartana could just simply crit 50% of the time and simply not care about attack drops. The Calm Mind set could once again thrive, giving it the role of win condition it lost in the past months. Other sets like Heal Pulse support or even Choice Scarf could have their use on the right team. Let's see who can come up with the best Tapu-Fini build!

The building phase will end on 09/03 at 11:59 PM. EST

Noelle

Trying my best
is a Community Contributor
Once again, i couldn't think of a good intro, it's almost MADDENING how bad i am at coming up with these, but anyway, here's the team:

Importable: https://pokepast.es/163cc8e58ff87f35

Why I Chose This Team:
I think my calm mind fini team is one of my best and most consistent teams (see: my team bazaar post) but i kinda already posted it. it's technically different because i changed the sets and zap is no longer on the team, but its still more or less the same so i won't post that one, especially when you can just go to the team bazaar and grab it there. This team uses an aspect of fini i feel is underexplored in swsh dou, and that's it's defensive utility. fini has an amazing movepool for both offensive and defensive play, but i think people arent using defensive fini to its fullest potential. im not saying this is the perfect defensive fini team, as that doesn't exist, but i tried.

Team Overview:

:Ribombee: Ribombee: This was originally diancie but setting trick room with no fake out users was quite a chore so i settled on sticky webs for this team. Ribombee is the best webs setter outside of psychic terrain so i chose it. pretty standard set here. tailwind and webs for speed control, moonblast for chip on stuff like zygarde and kyube, and pollen puff to heal up heatran so it can get back to doing heatran things. max special atk and speed and shield dust for the ability because being immune to fake out is huge for a tailwind/webs setter

:Tapu Fini: Tapu Fini: The main event. Support fini is an interesting build and i think it fits well on this team. moonblast and muddy water for stabs, madness is probably what youre gonna be clicking most because being able to just rip away 50% of someone's hp is usually much better than what moonblast and muddy water are doing outside of supereffective hits. Taunt is to stop trick room and keep opposing fini from setting up because this team doesnt have the best matchup into opposing fini. the evs are just the sample, but if you really wanted to be optimal you could take away some hp or special atk evs and put them into speed to outspeed zera in tailwind, but you have webs so you outspeed it in tailwind regardless so i didnt really see that as nesessary

:Tsareena: Tsareena: As you may have already noticed, nothing on this team has protect. This is offense, who has time to protect? But seriously, Tsareena is here to help our matchup against opposing fini and deal with priority like fake out and glide. power whip for fini, triple axel to hit zygarde, hjk for incin and heatran and u turn because pivot moves are broken. There are a number of moves you can run over u turn if pivoting isnt your style but we'll get to that. assault vest also helps you sponge hits from fini better.

:Heatran: Heatran: Specs heatran is here to blitz everything under tailwind and fire off insanely powerful eruptions. Charcoal is more flexible and gives you a protect mon, but flash cannon can help with diancie if it gets out of hand and allow heatran to act as a pseudo fini check because stab flash cannon does a decent chunk to unboosted fini, and i like the extra power, so specs it is

:Genesect: Genesect: Scarf genesect is really only here to have synergy with zygarde but it helps deal with opposing fini and zygarde as well as unboosted diancies outside of trick room. This is a pretty standard set as well. Iron head and u turn for stabs (you can run flash cannon over iron head if you want, iron head is just personal preference) and then bolt beam coverage on the special side.

:Zygarde: Zygarde: Zygarde is another pokemon that work great with tailwind and webs and helps against opposing heatran because we have 3 fire weaks on this team. Waves and Arrows are the moves you actually click, superpower comes in handy every million games to hit kyube if its been chipped and you arent already locked into an actual move, and extreme speed to pick off low hp targets. I am a firm believer in jolly zygarde, but you could make an argument for adamant on this team

Strengths: tailwind in the early game makes it really easy to gain momentum and taunt + madness on fini helps you keep it. If you're not prepared to deal with a team like this you kinda just autolose on matchup alone, and even when you have a good matchup such as semiroom a suprise taunt from fini can easily turn a game around. This team has mad snowball potential and its super fun and easy to use. I'm garbage at piloting offense and I can still use this team to decent success, so if i can do it, you can too

Weaknesses: While this team can easily overpower a lot of stuff in the current meta, it still has some problems. Not having protect on anything can end up being a problem depending on your positioning and ability to think ahead about what you lock into on your choiced mons, and if your opponent manages to get trick room up the game is practically over. This team also doesnt have fake out or redirection, so if your opponent has a lot of mons that are immune to webs and they match tailwind it can be difficult to generate free turns for your hard hitters to put in work, but luckily not many flying types/levitaters are seeing usage rn, and boots is hilariously bad in doubles

Other Options: I'll take this time to go over how you can change this team to fit your personal preferences and what you want to do with it. Bee is pretty solid, Tapu fini can run a ton of different moves, like icy wind and heal pulse, but i feel this combination of moves was the most effective, Tsareena can run stuff like feint, knock off, or even taunt if you change the item, but i felt u turn was the best out of these options and in testing i just prefered being able to u turn out on stuff like rillaboom. Though feint is definitely satisfying to pull off. Heatran could be modest but i dont really see a point to it, it's already hitting hard enough and the extra speed can end up mattering sometimes. charcoal is more flexible, i just think specs is more fun, so that's definitely a personal preference thing. Genesect i can't see you changing in any meaningful way that would be better than this set other than flash cannon over iron head for diancie if you do end up removing specs tran. same thing with zygarde. Those are just the things i thought of while writing this, you can obviously take this team and change it however you want, but i just wanted to give some alternatives and explain some of my move choices in greater detail.

Conclusion: I feel like i did a pretty good job with this and i hope you enjoy using it. Thanks to the people in doucord that helped me with this and some of the other teams i've built recently, you guys (and gals) are great. Ok bye-

EDIT: For some reason there are 2 spoiler marks, i have no idea why and i cant get rid of the first one, so im just gonna leave it

Last edited:

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Def / 132 SpA / 24 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Muddy Water
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Protect

Zapdos @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tailwind
- Heat Wave
- Volt Switch
- Roost

Kyurem-Black @ Chople Berry
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 128 HP / 128 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Icicle Spear
- Fusion Bolt
- Protect

Diancie @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Atk / 116 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Diamond Storm
- Body Press
- Trick Room
- Protect

Heatran @ Charcoal
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Eruption
- Earth Power
- Protect

Rillaboom @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Atk / 192 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Fake Out
- Grassy Glide
- High Horsepower
- U-turn

I think it is a fairly basic but functional team. The purpose of creating the team has been to take advantage of the average speed of fini to abuse it in TailRoom. That's why I put zapdos + diancie as users of tw and tr. In addition, zapdos diance core serves as check 2 to the current threats of fini, rillaboom and naganadel. Having this initial core of these 3 pokes, I decided to add a poke that takes advantage of the tw and that serves as another check of fini's threats, that's why kyu also serves as another wincon in addition to dianci and fini. And to finish I introduced mon that could take advantage of tr since if not, the idea of the tail room would not make sense, which combines perfectly with fini and allows us to have more checks of rillaboom and nagadel, which is Heatran. Finally rilla as the last pokemon, which acts as the glue of the team

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
:regieleki: :tapu fini: :kyurem-black: :tsareena: :nihilego: :metagross:
Regieleki @ Choice Specs
Ability: Transistor
EVs: 236 HP / 252 SpA / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Electroweb
- Hyper Beam

Tapu Fini @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 112 HP / 144 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Muddy Water
- Soak
- Trick

Kyurem-Black @ Expert Belt
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 120 HP / 136 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Fusion Bolt
- Dragon Dance
- Protect

Tsareena (F) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Queenly Majesty
EVs: 220 HP / 96 Atk / 16 Def / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Power Whip
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Taunt

Nihilego @ Power Herb
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Meteor Beam
- Power Gem
- Sludge Bomb
- Protect

Metagross @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Atk / 40 SpD / 40 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Steel Roller
- Zen Headbutt
- Stomping Tantrum
- Bullet Punch
I figure a lot of people are going to be keeping their builders secret during SCL preseason, so why not post a fun team? Scarf Soak + bulky Regieleki was the starting point here; Regi has to drop down to only 20 Speed EVs in order for max speed Scarf Fini to outrun it, so you can actually invest in bulk. It definitely misses out on a few things -- Scarf Genesect, Scarf Urshifu-R, and Scarf Zapdos-G being the main three -- but for the most part it still does Regieleki things by outspeeding things like +1 Kyurem-B. Tsareena was the next pick to block priority for Regi and have a second ally for Soak appreciation, and then DD Kyurem-B seemed to fit. Priority blocking, Soak to power up Fusion Bolt, Misty Terrain to weaken Draco Meteor, (some) speed control from Electroweb, and plenty of Fini checks is a pretty sweet list. I didn't put a ton of thought into the last two, but Nihilego punishes Rillaboom, Zapdos, and opposing Kyurem-B; meanwhile, Metagross helps out with the weak Diancie matchup. I wouldn't recommend bringing this to any high-stakes games, but it can be fun to use Soak + Specs Regieleki Tbolt and watch things like Amoonguss drop.

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
:Dusclops: :Indeedee-F: :Necrozma: :Diancie::Incineroar:

Dusclops @ Eviolite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 15 SpA / 0 Spe
- Pain Split
- Trick Room
- Shadow Punch
- Mud-Slap

Indeedee-F (F) @ Eject Button
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Expanding Force
- Follow Me
- Protect
- Heal Pulse

Necrozma @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Expanding Force
- Earth Power
- Trick Room
- Protect

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Body Press
- Trick Room
- Protect

Incineroar @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Atk / 28 Def / 160 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Parting Shot

Tapu Fini @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Moonblast
- Muddy Water
- Dazzling Gleam
- Ice Beam

I created this as a personal challenge to make a full Trick Room team that could compete in the highly offensive metagame prior to Kartana's ban. With Kartana's ban, it, if anything, has become stronger.

I started with a bulky TR settler that could survive both CB Zygarde and Eruption Tran i.e. powerful spread users that didn't care about Follow Me. That is Dusclops. Other candidates included Porygon2, Cresselia, and Seed Necrozma. However, none of them had sufficient power to be a TR sweeper, so I had decided that the TR settler needed to enable other TR attackers to sweep instead, which could only be feasibly done with self-Weakness Policy proc (or spamming Helping Hand all the time, but that is much less efficient). Dusclops had the best movepool for self-procing Weakness Policy, as well as having the best defensive typing of them all, not being weak to TR-settler killer Urisfhu, and is naturally immune to Fake Out (which ruled out Cress since even with Psychic Terrain, it could be Faked Out). TR is obvious and Pain Split doubles as both your main damage source and as healing. It is very useful after setting up TR against two spread users, where it may have received heavy damage that I can then mostly heal off and inflict simultaneously. Shadow Punch is STAB that can self-proc Necrozma. I wasn't sure if I should use 0 Atk IVs to deal less self-damage and then make its main STAB even weaker, so I balanced it out by using 31 Atk IV Shadow Punch instead of Shadow Ball which hits Necrozma's weaker Def stat (Shadow Sneak was not an option since it gets blocked by Psychic Terrain). Mud Slap procs Diancie for minimal damage (15 SpA IVs deals no more damage than 0 SpA IV) without lowering its Accuracy thanks to Clear Body. It could also be used to fish for Accuracy drops which could potentially net a win in otherwise losable scenarios, though I've never found myself needing to do so yet. Though I considered Bulldoze, I felt it was counterproductive with Diancie on a full TR team by lowering opposing Speed but not Diancie's. I focus more in bulk since the metagame is primarily physical, at least before Kartana's ban (not sure now).

Next is Indeedee-F. Her two prime roles are to guarantee a first turn TR and set up Psychic Terrain for Necrozma. Eject Button is mandatory. Often I lead with Indeedee and Dusclops for a guaranteed TR where I click Follow Me and TR. Eject Button gets Indeedee out so I can send in one of my 3 sweepers reasonably safely (Necrozma, Diancie, Fini) whilst each of those sweepers and Dusclops has the bulk to take a hit. Indeedee can also come back later in the game to reset Psychic Terrain and further support with Follow Me or Heal Pulse. Heal Pulse I found to be the ideal 4th move for taking advantage of opposing passive play and capitalising on this team's reasonably high bulk. Expanding Force is damage, and Protect is often helpful against a double spread lead. Thankfully most of the Taunt users in this metagame are fast, so they often don't move before their teammate - this means it's rare to come into a scenario where Indeedee gets ejected and Dusclops gets Taunted on the same turn which would otherwise be problematic.

Necrozma and Diancie are both TR sweepers and secondary TR users, designed to pose an immediate offensive threat without the need to set up themselves (that's Dusclop's job). Simple EV spreads for max damage with TR + Protect + main move + coverage. FYI with Diancie, I avoid Sassy since Brave is needed to guarantee the OHKO on Volcanion with Diamond Storm, which I feel avoids the need for Sassy altogether (which is to avoid the OHKO from Steam Eruption - now I can KO it in TR before it can use Steam Eruption!). Diancie and Necrozma also have varied typing and coverage; togegther they cover much of the metagame. Perhaps with Kartana gone, Moonblast could be used instead of Body Press, though Body Press has superior coverage and doesn't leave Diancie walled by Steel-types.

Incineroar is glue. It is very useful for helping set up TR a second time with Fake Out + Intimidate, and its typing covers many of the Pokemon that the rest of the team dislikes like Grass-types and as a Ghost/Dark switch-in.

Fini was added to this team out of necessity. Without it, the team folds to Amoonguss and Sleep in general. This was the only way to adequately check it; only Incineroar can fit Safety Googles without significantly weakening the team, and that is neither ideal nor sufficient for addressing sleep. Fini also has additional roles to more than justify its spot on the team. With Specs, it has sufficent power to be a third TR sweeper, with a good movepool to abuse, a low enough base Speed to underspeed most of the metagame and strong bulk and defensive typing to pivot in. It provides a secondary terrain user to stop Rillaboom from getting priority on Grassy Glide, counters Dark-types which the first three members of the team dislike, and is often a safe option for Indeedee to Eject to in the face of double spread attacks like Zygarde + Heatran. Ice Beam 2HKOs AV Rillaboom and provides good coverage, whereas the rest are STAB options. You do need careful positioning with Fini so that you don't remove Psychic Terrain at the wrong time, but I do not find this to be overly burdensome.

General gameplan: usually lead Dusclops and Indeedee. TR and Follow Me, eject to one of Necrozma or Diancie, or Fini if you need to play more cautiously. Try to self-proc WP with Dusclops and sweeper. Use the other two TR sweepers to close the game. Use Incineroar to set up TR a second time. Rebring Indeedee as appropriate to reactivate Psychi Terrain or Follow Me. You generally don't switch much with this team, but you need long-term planning and good team preview reading skills. For example, against a HO Z Strats team with Zapdos, I needed to think ahead. Such descisions included conserving Indeedee for Psychic Terrain, bringing in Fini and using Ice Beam to cover both a Grass-type switchin or Zygarde staying in, and switch in an Incineroar against a Zygarde for Intimidate so that Necrozma could set up TR. This meant I never activated a single WP, but it still worked out.

Last edited:
:tapu-fini: :incineroar: :porygon2: :metagross: :rillaboom: :dragapult:

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpA
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Muddy Water
- Calm Mind
- Protect

Incineroar (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Atk / 32 Def / 160 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- Parting Shot
- Fake Out

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 136 SpA / 64 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 1 Spe
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Trick Room
- Recover

Metagross @ Occa Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SpD
Brave Nature
- Steel Roller
- Ice Punch
- Stomping Tantrum
- Toxic

Rillaboom (M) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 220 HP / 84 Atk / 4 Def / 8 SpD / 192 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Grassy Glide
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Fake Out

Dragapult (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn

This was a bulky offense team that I came up with in the middle of Spring Seasonal, which I used in several games. It performed very well against Kartana Tailwind teams. Although I haven't used it since Kartana's ban, I'm sure it's still viable. (Some of the sets are different from when I used it in-tournament.)

Tapu Fini is literally just the standard sample set. Incineroar, Porygon2, and Metagross are -Spe to function more effectively under Trick Room. Metagross has Occa Berry and knows Toxic, which is a change I made over running Assault Vest to play more defensively with the team. Rillabom is on the faster side and knows Superpower, so as to threaten Heatran out of Trick Room. Choice Specs Dragapult rounds the team out as a fast attacker/pivot.

Toxigen

get numb to it
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
DPL Champion
Sorry for the delay this week, looks like we got a tie! Picking a winner isn't always easy for me, but i love the idea behind Talkingtree's team, so he wins this week! As for the next subject, i'm gonna be very predictable and choose Diancie lol

:SS/diancie:

Another beneficiary of the Kartana ban, Diancie is a great Trick Room setter with amazing sweeping potential. Diamond Storm chunks a good portion of the metagame and can boost Diancie's defense by 2 stages, making it even harder to kill thanks to its amazing natural bulk. The third slot is usually either one of Moonblast or Body Press, whether you need to hit Zygarde and Urshifu, or just want to hit Steel-types with the latter. As far as the items, it can range from Weakness Policy to Safety Goggles, depending on the team's needs

Deadline for the building phase is on 09/10 at 11:59 PM. EST

Diancie @ Hard Stone
EVs: 248 HP / 224 Atk / 36 SpD
Brave Nature
- Trick Room
- Diamond Storm
- Body Press
- Protect

Dracovish @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 104 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fishious Rend
- Sleep Talk

Tsareena (F) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Queenly Majesty
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Atk / 4 Def / 128 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Triple Axel
- Power Whip
- Taunt
- U-turn

Hippowdon @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Atk / 76 Def / 180 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Toxic
- Stomping Tantrum

Zapdos-Galar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Brave Bird
- Coaching
- U-turn

Naganadel @ Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tailwind
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Bomb
- Protect
The team is based on diancie tr + a sand abuser, which is dracovish. As it is a sand and we are going to take advantage of the sand we can allow an offensive Diance with Hard Stone to hit as much as possible. Tsareena acts as a glue for the team protecting the team from fake outs, plus tsareena gets damages in major team threats like fini, rilla and zygarde. Then Zap G scarf to have a way to win outside of tr and with coaching that serves to give more attack to diance or dracovish. Naga serves to get another way to kill fini and rilla in addition to giving a tw to the team that fell a little short in speed control only with the sand and the tr. And finally hippo as a sand setter.

Last edited:

Mack Knife

Future 50th President
The Breakfast Squad
1631155175064.png 1631155206312.png 1631155303226.png 1631155347974.png 1631155370430.png 1631155391336.png

The most important meal of the day.

1631157287700.png
Waffles are always good nice and fluffy. Take good care of them. Try not to drop them on the ground lol. Keep them hot to avoid moisture and try serving with eggs for some extra umpf. If you have to, slow the entire breakfast down to properly make your many waffles. Best thing about waffles is that it can hold it's syrup unlike pancakes.

1631157298365.png
Sausage keeps everything spicy. Make sure to keep in protective casing. Likes to clear the table, stat. A needed niche nowadays I think. Has extra style points with waffles due to slow cook rate.

1631157310466.png
Spinach is an odd choice at breakfast but I find it works fast with the zest from sausage. It does tend to put my guests asleep but hey them are the brakes.

1631157318319.png
Eggs are a no brainer when making breakfast imo. Some people even think they are bad!! Do not let them intimidate you or even bluff you!! They like to keep the rest of the team together and can even make individual members stronger. Try biting into them really hard.

1631157326966.png
Speaking of things that taste good with eggs!! This is bacon. He works well in almost any team I have found. While I am usually a fan of the immediate effect of crispy bacon sometimes taking your time to set up chewy bacon can help too. Especially since bears can't hit as hard bc sausage and eggs have a great synergy with chewy bacon.

1631157354970.png
To glue the team together and help a few problems throughout the day comes coffee. Coffee give you that immediate boost to go pivot into your day. It helps you fight like crazy ice dragons and stuff. Gunk shot hits fini and stuff hard and I like it on this team over things like flame and such. Oh I mean uh... yum?

Overall the team is great and truly shows imo that waffles is a better breakfast food than pancakes.

Paraplegic

relax...
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
:ss/Diancie: :ss/Zeraora: :ss/tapu fini: :ss/landorus-therian: :ss/genesect: :ss/amoonguss:
This team was predominately built by KyleCole's building bot, with a bit of editing to the composition and sets filled in by myself. Bot originally spit out diancie/zera/tapu fini/lando-i/genesect/tsareena, but I changed to lando-t+amoong>lando-i+tsar because I thought it lead to an overall more cohesive team than the bot composition.

Diancie+Tapu Fini are the main pieces of the team, serving as dual fairy wincons with one one of them being the main goal you're working towards winning with in any given game. The Zeraora set is just standard sitrus taunt, but with the cool addition of helping hand in the slot where knock off usually is. The rationale behind it being that 1. Knock isn't entirely necessary offensively since I already have pult covered by double fairy and 2. it allows it to abuse the whole "fastest fake out" thing to help diancie set and then actually allow it to have something to click once room is set up without sapping momentum. Landorus-t+genesect+amoong is basically a trio of pivots to round the team off, allowing it to switch around a lot more freely and supporting the two fairies to do their thing. Lando-t is here over lando-i to give a midground vs zygarde and make it much less of an issue than it would otherwise be, and amoong over tsar to better enable the fairies and threaten sleep. On paper one might assume that amoong+fini is kind of wack, but in practice I don't believe it to be a huge deal because rilla is more than common enough where you can reliably count on misty terrain not always being up.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublesou-1410862576-rv3y928z3aiubo4q31qbfqeute14zxtpw -- Here is the team in action in seasonals. I think its a fun and pretty effective take on a bulkier semiroom build, and also a cool showcase of the bots ability to make pretty good compositions for teams.

Noelle

Trying my best
is a Community Contributor
Holy shit, i almost missed this one! I’ve been super busy lately, but here’s the team:

Importable: https://pokepast.es/fdc16fb5574aa06c

Sorry, no essay this time, like i said, im short on time. I wanted to use scarf lele because aqq beat me with it on ladder. Lele provides priority blocking for diancie and just generally hits really fucking hard. It also serves as a pult check because this team is quite pult weak. Speaking of pult, its also on this team. I just think dragapult is fucking insane and its good on semiroom so i slapped it on here. Rillaboom because its on every team, bulky min speed heatran because i got tired of volcanion and bulk on heatran works well with eruption, diancie because duh, and necrozma to abuse psychic terrain. Make the necrozma calm mind if you really wanna be based. Ok, thats the team, again, sorry for the short description, i just kinda wanted to post something to continue my streak of posting something every week (and losing every time lol). Ok bye-

:diancie: :volcanion: :rillaboom: :genesect: :latias: :zeraora:

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 1 Spe
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Trick Room
- Protect

Volcanion @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Spe
- Steam Eruption
- Heat Wave
- Substitute
- Protect

Rillaboom (M) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 220 HP / 84 Atk / 4 Def / 8 SpD / 192 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Grassy Glide
- High Horsepower
- U-turn
- Fake Out

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
EVs: 104 Atk / 152 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower

Latias (F) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 76 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Icy Wind
- Heal Pulse

Zeraora @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Snarl
- Taunt
- Fake Out

This team has some similarities to the semiroom teams that were popular earlier in the meta, but with some unique adjustments. Diancie is pretty standard but with Moonblast over Body Press to fare better against the likes of Zygarde and Urshifu. Rillaboom is faster than Heatran and can threaten it with High Horsepower. Volcanion can function well both in and out of Trick Room. Genesect is the old Scarf set to be a fast pivot. Latias is a pick that stand out, especially since it isn't running Tailwind. It has a lot of bulk (making +1 Zygarde's Thousand Arrows a likely 3HKO) with enough SpA investment to Usually OHKO Zygarde and Urshifu with Draco Meteor and Psychic, respectively. Icy Wind serves as an alternate form of speed control and can punish switch-ins. Heal Pulse support is particularly enjoyed by Diancie and Volcanion. Zeraora offers a lot of support in with Fake Out, Snarl, and Taunt. (This used to be Scrafty but I wanted something that could better threaten Waters.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)