Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Mirror Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Atk / 208 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Body Press
- Bulk Up
- Roost

My goal was to build a team where melmetal could essentially sweep the opponent with Dynamax, and after playing some test games I realized that I had succeeded. (I also realized that melmetal needs a suspect test really really badly) I included Incin and goth because they are an incredibly threatening pair, and do a great job of countering troom. Intimidate is extremely useful and lets melmetal shrug off any physical attacks that aren't super effective, and Incin gave me a great switch-in for dealing with opposing incineroar. It's running 16 speed so it can out prioritize the opponent's fakeout. Goth runs trick room to beat fast teams (or mess with opposing troom) and allows melmetal to move first. I chose ally switch over fakeout because the team already has two fakeout mons. Zeraora is a very nice support mon that works nicely with goth, and its high speed stat and electric typing help the team deal with pesky flying types. AV combined with snarl makes this mon a very effective special attacker counter. Braviary provides the team with speed control through twind or max airstream and serves as a good incin counter that helps the team deal with popular intimidate mons. Corviknight is just a standard setup set. I chose it for its typing and it greatly improves the team's sand mu. Finally, Melmetal set is designed so it can use dynamax to the maximum advantage. Since dynamaxing melmetal is usually the team's best option av makes more sense here than band and the buff to special defense is very useful. This team shows why melmetal is such a dominant mon (that needs to be banned). I encourage you to try it out!

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
:hatterene: :indeedee-f: :melmetal: :torkoal: :runerigus: :dusclops:

Hatterene-Gmax @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Mystical Fire
- Trick Room

Indeedee-F (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 232 HP / 244 Def / 32 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Psychic
- Follow Me
- Helping Hand
- Heal Pulse

Melmetal @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 1 Spe
- Double Iron Bash
- High Horsepower
- Thunder Punch
- Protect

Torkoal @ Charcoal
Ability: Drought
Quiet Nature
- Eruption
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Protect

Runerigus @ Kasib Berry
Ability: Wandering Spirit
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Bulldoze
- Trick Room
- Stealth Rock
- Body Press

Dusclops @ Eviolite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Night Shade
- Pain Split
- Trick Room

HattDeedee TR with a big nut on top. You do the typical TR thing, pick your setter, pick an abuser, and just start going to town. Runerigus is a neat pick here; it allows you to swap Intimidate off of Incineroar / Iron Fist off of opposing Melmetal and just mess around in general with abilities. Runerigus also gives you the ability to self proc WP for Melmetal, and lower its speed meaning you outspeed opposing Torkoal in TR.

:Gothitelle: :Torkoal: :Venusaur: :Melmetal: :Whimsicott: :Dracozolt:

Gothitelle @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 132 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Fake Out
- Trick Room
- Helping Hand
- Psychic

Torkoal @ Charcoal
Level: 99
Quiet Nature
- Eruption
- Solar Beam
- Heat Wave
- Protect

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Energy Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder
- Protect

Melmetal @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Double Iron Bash
- High Horsepower
- Substitute
- Protect

Whimsicott @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
Level: 1
EVs: 1 HP
- Tailwind
- Endeavor
- Trick Room
- Protect

Dracozolt @ Life Orb
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bolt Beak
- High Horsepower
- Dragon Claw
- Protect

I said on my VR post that I think Sun Semiroom is a strong archetype right now so I decided to build around that. Gothitelle is my Trick Room setter of choice because Shadow Tag is extremely good and helps you win any potential weather wars and lets you eliminate key threats with Helping Hand and a partner. Torkoal is pretty standard, even being level 99 is common these days. I went for Substitute Melmetal because it pairs well with Gothitelle's Shadow Tag, which lets you get a Sub off before being Intimidated. With Helping Hand Gothitelle and Fake Out immunity due to Substitute you can then OHKO Incineroar if it does decide to switch in (or if you trapped it before Melmetal came in). Venusaur adds some speed to the team and most teams are not well prepared for fast Sleep Powders right now. I tried a bunch of different things in the final 2 slots and I settled on a really fun duo. Level 1 Whimsicott puts heaps of pressure on opponents with the ability to drop any non Dynamaxed/Ghost type mon down to 1 HP as well as providing Tailwind for the fast members of the team. Protect on Whimsicott helps you take advantage of double targets and Fake Out, which Whimsicott is typically quite weak to. Level 1 Whimsicott actually makes for a powerful offensive combo when paired with Gothitelle due to the threat of Fake Out, Trick Room on both and being able to OHKO most of the meta with Endeavour + Psychic once Trick Room is up. Adding offensive presence to 2 mons that are usually quite passive changes matchups greatly. Dracozolt takes advantage of Whimsicott's Tailwind and kills Water/Flying mons that Torkoal or Venusaur might otherwise struggle with.

Replay vs Dawoblefet's new cancer team
Replay vs Purple Rain Lele in a roomtour final

Yellow Paint

working as intended
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
B101 Leader
:dragapult: :terrakion: :mew: :incineroar: :melmetal: :rotom-wash:
Lies (Dragapult) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Beat Up
- Will-O-Wisp
- Ally Switch

Violence (Terrakion) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- Aerial Ace
- Protect

Bait (Mew) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tailwind
- Imprison
- Trick Room
- Transform

Switch (Incineroar) @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 188 Atk / 72 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- Parting Shot

Assault (Melmetal) @ Choice Band
EVs: 56 HP / 200 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Double Iron Bash
- High Horsepower
- Superpower
- Self-Destruct

Battery (Rotom-Wash) @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 44 SpA / 100 Spe
Bold Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Dark Pulse
It looks like people haven't been posting the broken mons, so here are the broken mons. This was really built more around Beat Up than Melmetal, but I thought the turbo band set I ended up with was unique enough to deserve a post. Basically, Terrak + Drag do their nonsense, while Melmetal, Mew, and Incin are there to deal with all the stuff Beat Up doesn't dumpster outright. Wash pads out the team and is a backup max in case I screw up. The Melmetal set outspeeds Whimsi under twind and ohkos Toge and max def Indeedee, letting Incin bounce Parting off Hat. Self-Destruct is great for positioning and the surprise factor, makes it a lot easier to reset back to Terrak + Drag. Overall, this has been losing most of all to the Beat Up mirror, where the lack of Whimsi limits options other than the speed tie, but I think the improved matchup vs everything else was worth it.

It wasn't perfect quite fit for me as it was, but after making some minor adjustments, YoBuddy's team looked pretty good, so I vote for him, really looking forward to starting teambuilding tomorrow.

Alright, I'm not much of a builder but I made this team for discord premier league a couple weeks ago and I really liked the result, so here goes:

:dragapult: :primarina: :incineroar: :zeraora: :melmetal: :mew:

I find zeraora kinda awkward to fit on teams, offensively I almost always find myself valuing more rotom's additional stab coverage and as a support option there are clearly better alternatives. Its one niche is being faster than dragapult and offering some good support moves, so I decided to start with the pair dragapult-zeraora and to use the latter to activate pult's weakness policy with fling, allowing me to snipe opposing dragapult and to apply immense pressure from the start. Dragapult's set is pretty standard, fly>acrobatics becuase max airstream from fly is a guaranteed OHKO on venusaur. As for zeraora I went with plasma fists>volt switch beacuse I wanted a way to pressure opposing togekiss a bit more. The general idea of the team was to use boosted dragapult to break early and remove the opponent's answers to one of my setup mons, so I added two setup wincons in acid armor melmetal and CM primarina, inspired by a sub-CM set I had seen on ladder (sub became protect later in testing). Lastly I added incin to further support my wincons and jail mew because I needed a way to reliably stop trick room from going up with a single mon. Aside from the ability to win endgames by itself mew also offers the possibility to tranform into boosted melmetal/primarina, doubling the pressure on the opponent

Dragapult @ Weakness Policy
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Darts
- Phantom Force
- Fly
- Protect

Primarina @ Leftovers
Ability: Liquid Voice
EVs: 208 HP / 252 SpA / 48 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Protect

Incineroar @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 92 SpD / 12 Spe
Careful Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Parting Shot

Zeraora @ Salac Berry
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 172 HP / 84 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Snarl
- Fling
- Plasma Fists

Melmetal @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Double Iron Bash
- Body Press
- Acid Armor
- Protect

Mew @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fake Out
- Transform
- Imprison
- Trick Room

sawamura

Banned deucer.
Hey Dude Check This
:incineroar::Torkoal::Venusaur::Melmetal::Necrozma::Zeraora:
Simple Leaders with Zeraora and venusaur to finish sleeping and take Necrozma on a clean turn. Zeraora Cleans Dragapult and With life Orb can End Zard and Other Annoying Mons that are faster than Tr Setter, Necrozma-Melmetal and Torkoal Destroy Under Trick Room and Venusaur It is responsible for Sleeping next to his Hability that doubles his speed, and with the Grass Stab we can Check the Type Water and Ground Type
Incineroar @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Atk / 200 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Parting Shot
- U-turn
- Fake Out
- Flare Blitz

Torkoal @ Charcoal
Level: 99
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Solar Beam
- Protect
- Heat Wave
- Eruption

Venusaur @ Wide Lens
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Weather Ball
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb

Melmetal @ Assault Vest
EVs: 44 HP / 148 Atk / 84 Def / 12 SpD / 220 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Double Iron Bash
- Thunder Punch
- High Horsepower
- Body Press

Necrozma @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 40 SpA / 140 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Photon Geyser
- Earth Power
- Trick Room
- Stealth Rock

Zeraora @ Life Orb
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Plasma Fists
- Knock Off
- Close Combat

Last edited:

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
:milotic: :togekiss: :zeraora: :arcanine: :durant: :hydreigon:
Milotic @ Maranga Berry
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 56 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Muddy Water
- Coil
- Hypnosis
- Recover

Togekiss @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 36 SpD / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Air Slash
- Follow Me
- Tailwind
- Helping Hand

Zeraora @ Assault Vest
EVs: 180 HP / 64 Atk / 12 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Plasma Fists
- Knock Off
- Electroweb

Arcanine @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Snarl
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Durant @ Life Orb
Ability: Hustle
Jolly Nature
- First Impression
- Iron Head
- Stomping Tantrum
- Rock Slide

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Taunt
- Protect
I made this team for my SPL debut, which I think went pretty well even if I ended up losing the game. I saw an overreliance on Intimidating Fire-types, Melmetal, and Dynamax, so CoilHypno Milotic seemed to be a good way to exploit that. It also got Muddy Water this gen, so being able to deal spread damage after getting boosts from Max Wyrmwind / Intimidate / Snarl / Parting Shot makes it a bit less passive. Electroweb Zeraora gave free turns to set up through Fake Out and slowed things down enough that Milo could sleep them before taking a hit. This was made in a Beat Up meta and being able to slow down Terrakion was really useful for some of my other team members, but it's still a useful tech without that. Durant is an incredibly strong attacker that benefits greatly from Milotic's presence, dissuading Fires and Intimidate basically gives it free reign. Togekiss redirects for Durant, taking away status and generally powerful moves from things like Dragapult. The only real issue at this point was Rotom-Wash, so Hydreigon took that on really well and helped with how popular Gothitelle was at the time. At one point it was Nasty Plot but that turned out to be real bad, so Taunt seemed like a decent catch-all. Arcanine took the last spot over Incineroar, because I needed the added speed and the ability to take on Acid Armor Melmetal. I also already had Fake Out elsewhere, though losing the ability to pivot given by Incin was a bit unfortunate given that I also dropped Volt Switch on Zeraora.

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor

Milotic @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Muddy Water
- Icy Wind
- Life Dew
- Protect

Zeraora @ Assault Vest
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Play Rough
- Plasma Fists
- Volt Switch

Dragapult @ Spooky Plate
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Phantom Force
- Dragon Rush
- Protect

Incineroar @ Figy Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 56 Def / 156 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- Parting Shot

Whimsicott @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Tailwind
- Taunt
- Encore

Sirfetch'd @ Leek
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Atk / 80 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- Leaf Blade
- Protect

Here is one of the better teams I have built. The Sirfetch'd is my main Max user, I really like it for Max Airstream and Knuckle. Its super underrated because with Scrappy it cannot be intimated and can hit ghosts. Leaf Blade is also excellent coverage for a mon like this.
Milotic plays a support role with Icy Wind and Life Dew. Whimsicott and Incin also offer the standard support in the typical ways that they do.
Dragapult is just super good and fits on any team so there not much to say except I am running an interesting set, I think Adamant is really good considering how easy it is to get TW support with Whims. And Finally Zeraora gives me a 3rd pivot option which is nice considering how common goth is.

heres a replay from the room tour I won last night with this team. The person pretending to be me is actually dawoblefet
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublesou-1080298633

Last edited:
:zeraora: :toxtricity: :incineroar: :melmetal: :togekiss: :dragapult:
The core of the team is swift Zeraora+scarf Toxtricity lead (most of the time) who work well together as Zeraora can fake out immediate threads or combo it's plasma fists to execute a 140 STAB boombust which heals Zeraora. It helps a lot that melmetal has outclased excadrill to a level where you can actually afford running such a ground weak team. A Melmetal which is present in the team for some general dps and bulk, the later aided by Incineroar providing secundary fake out and a reliable way to stop trick room in taunt (and parting shot for hatt). The last two slots are used up by Togekiss and Dragapult who generally work together and can aid or take advantage of the other pokemon in the team respectively (not like Togekiss lacks damage under the right conditions, especially with weakness policy).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)