Project SS DOU Teambuilding Competition - Week 15: New Kids on the Block

Status
Not open for further replies.

GenOne

DOU main. GMT-7. PS!: GenOne
is a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Durant @ Life Orb
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- X-Scissor
- Stomping Tantrum
- Rock Slide

Dragapult @ Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- Protect

Arcanine @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 64 SpA / 148 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Snarl
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Hitmontop (M) @ Lum Berry
EVs: 152 HP / 172 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Sucker Punch
- Brick Break

Rotom-Mow @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 212 HP / 44 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Leaf Storm
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Grimmsnarl @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 144 SpD / 12 Spe
Careful Nature
- Fake Out
- Thunder Wave
- Foul Play
- Light Screen
Durant and Hitmontop aside, most of this team is just standard goodstuff mons. Rotom-M is max Spe+ and 44 to outpace Gyrados and ohko it with Volt Switch, assuming no dmax. Durant forgoes protect to ensure it can beat all the Fire-types it otherwise can't square up against, included but not limited to Arcanine and Charizard. Fire Blast Dragapult and Babari + fire move Togekiss are problems for ant so deal with those. Hitmontop outpaces Adamant TTar, uses Sucker Punch to pressure Dragapult, and Brick Break for utility vs screens but run Mach Punch if you want.

Kenpwnchi

formerly Pwndkthnx
durant.png
dragapult.png
indeedee-f.png
whimsicott.png
gastrodon.png
gothitelle.png

Hey, DOU! Pwndkthnx here. I started this team off with Durant and Gothitelle. I chose Durant because it's the mon of the week, and Gothitelle because it provides exceptional support. I gave Durant Choice Band so that it could be as strong as possible. Choice Band also works really well with Hustle; Durant's most useful ability right now. Durant's EVs allow it to outspeed and OHKO max SPE Charizard with Rock Slide. I gave Durant Superpower so that it could get ATK boosts from Max Knuckle. As you can see, Gothitelle has a very different set. With it, Gothitelle is able to disable or reverse TR, and keep the TR setter locked in to be defeated. Gothitelle gets a boost from Indeedee-F's Psychic Surge, and it doesn't have to worry about Fake Out or Sucker Punch. Gothitelle's EVs allow it to survive a max ATK Crunch from Tyranitar after Sandstorm damage. The third mon I added was Gastrodon. Gastrodon is the team's Fire type resist and Torkoal counter. With min SPE, Room Service, and one Curse, Gastrodon is able to outspeed and OHKO Torkoal with Earth Power (Trick Room must be up). The fourth mon I added was Whimsicott. I felt the team needed speed control, and Whimsicott is that best at that with priority Tailwind. I opted out of giving Whimsicott max SPE because it will always set Tailwind before any battling begins. Whimsicott's EVs allow it to survive a max SPA Heat Wave from Chandelure. The fifth mon I added was Dragapult. I gave Dragapult Choice Scarf so that it could outspeed and OHKO max SPE Dragapult. Dragapult can provide a free switch with U-Turn. Lastly, the sixth mon I chose was Indeedee-F. I wanted to give the team redirection so that its top hitters, Durant and Dragapult, can do massive damage. Indeedee-F, like Gothitelle, also has EVs that allow it to survive a max ATK Crunch from Tyranitar after Sandstorm damage. I hope y'all enjoy! :)
Durant @ Choice Band
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bug Bite
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Superpower

Dragapult @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- U-turn
- Shadow Ball
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower

Indeedee-F (F) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Def / 136 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Follow Me
- Protect

Whimsicott @ Focus Sash
EVs: 192 HP / 252 SpD / 64 Spe
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Safeguard
- Taunt
- Tailwind

Gastrodon @ Room Service
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 212 HP / 148 Def / 8 SpA / 140 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Earth Power
- Muddy Water
- Recover
- Curse

Gothitelle @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Def / 240 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Psychic
- Imprison
- Trick Room
- Protect

Last edited:
:durant: :torkoal: :vileplume: :gothitelle: :braviary: :rhyperior:

Durant @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- X-Scissor
- Stomping Tantrum
- Rock Slide

Torkoal @ Charcoal
Ability: Drought
Level: 99
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Eruption
- Solar Beam
- Heat Wave
- Protect

Vileplume @ Focus Sash
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Energy Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder
- After You

EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 132 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Fake Out
- Helping Hand
- Heal Pulse
- Trick Room

Braviary (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- Tailwind
- Protect

Rhyperior @ Lum Berry
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Rock Slide
- High Horsepower
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

I wanted to go with an offensive build to maintain the pressure that Dynamax Durant exerts. I was inspired by Paraplegic's Lapras sun team that was able to pressure Trick Room teams without running Duraludon or something passive, like Jail Mew. Durant dies to every fire attack anyway so sun isn't really an issue for it. Gothitelle + Durant is a really strong lead that lets you KO opposing mons with Helping Hand + Durant's strong Max moves or switch out if the opponent leads with Intimidate. Fake Out + Shadow Tag allows you to remove opposing Whimsicott before it can set Tailwind, which Durant really appreciates. After You + Trick Room allows you to set Trick Room at +0 priority, which is occasionally pivotal in securing a late game Torkoal sweep. Braviary is my Tailwind mon of choice, and combined with Gothitelle helps Durant to avoid wasting Dynamax turns getting Intimidated. I often prefer bulky Braviary but Jolly is nice to outspeed Dragapult at +1, which can threaten this team. Rhyperior rounds out the Trick Room side of the team and has Stealth Rock to also help deal with Intimidate cycling in case Gothitelle gets KO'd or Taunted. I used Lum Berry over Weakness Policy because I don't have any good ways to activate it myself. Overall its a really solid team that has a variety of ways to deal damage quickly with Durant and Torkoal and After You Vileplume.

Here's a ladder game vs stax featuring this team

Here's a fun bonus team also featuring Durant that I've wanted to share somewhere. Vote based on the other team.
Flapple-Gmax @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Grav Apple
- Dragon Rush
- Sucker Punch
- Protect

Dracozolt @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Bolt Beak
- High Horsepower
- Dragon Claw
- Protect

Durant @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- First Impression
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Stomping Tantrum

Whimsicott @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Tailwind
- Moonblast
- Worry Seed
- Safeguard

Mew @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Imprison
- Transform
- Trick Room
- Will-O-Wisp

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 176 HP / 252 SpA / 80 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Mystical Fire
- Hyper Beam
- Moonblast

I've been looking for an opportunity to share this team. The idea was that with triple Hustle you get three times as many opportunities to land a Hustle boosted attack. GMax Flapple's Max Tartness lowers opponent's evasiveness so your other Hustle mons don't miss. Don't take this team to a serious game but it can be fun to ladder with.

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor

Durant @ Focus Sash
Ability: Swarm
Jolly Nature
- Screech
- Thunder Wave
- Iron Head
- X-Scissor

Whimsicott @ Babiri Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Tailwind
- Taunt
- Safeguard

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Atk / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch
- Fire Punch
- Payback

Tyranitar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Atk / 4 Def / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Fire Punch
- Heavy Slam
- Crunch

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- High Horsepower
- Brick Break
- Protect

Lapras-Gmax @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 220 SpA / 36 Spe
Modest Nature
- Brine
- Freeze-Dry
- Thunderbolt
- Life Dew

Here is a different Durant. This Durant uses some nice utility moves to assist my teammates.
  1. Screech - Lowers the target's Defense by 2.
  2. Thunderwave - Paralyzes the target.
The other 2 moves are its main stabs. Iron Head+Twave gives a good chance to stop the foe from moving.

I chose Sand and Conk to take advantage of Screech. Conk and TTar are strong physical attackers with good coverage. The speed control I have with TW and Twave along with Screech makes them very powerful.

My 4 main attackers are physical so Safeguard on Whimsicott is valuable to prevent burns. Also it means I dont need to run Guts on Conk, I use Iron Fist to boost its Fire and Mach Punch.

I finish out the team with Lapras who enhances the bulk and adds some important coverage

:durant: :grimmsnarl: :chandelure: :rotom-wash: :tyranitar: :conkeldurr:

Durant @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Stomping Tantrum
- X-Scissor

Grimmsnarl (M) @ Light Clay
EVs: 228 HP / 164 Def / 100 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Fake Out
- Thunder Wave
- Light Screen
- Foul Play

Chandelure @ Focus Sash
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Heat Wave
- Trick Room
- Imprison

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 44 SpA / 212 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Protect

Tyranitar @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Rock Slide
- Taunt
- Protect

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch

Began by going with the 4 attack Durant set. This set lives and dies by the three Dmax turns, and really wants to have the most coverage possible. Started off with picking a Fake Out support for Durant, since Durant has a hard time if the other team gets Tailwind up. Went with Grimm because Prankster Twave is obnoxious and an almost-reliable form of speed control. The EVs guarantee Jolly Exca Iron Head is 2HKO after sand, for what it's worth.
Picking Grimm vs Goth makes dealing with TR harder, so I need a way to deal with a hard TR lead. Imprison-TR Lamp helps a bit in that regard. I hadn't used Chandelure before, but having fire/fighting immunity in the back is nice. With those three I'm real weak to water, and not great against Rhyperior/Horse, so Rotom-W. At this point I needed fat mons. Durant is status bait, and so far my team isn't especially bulky on the special side. Having Guts-AV Conk helped a lot, TTar is there to help deal with sun and because Butterfree makes me sad. The last two being slow and fat lets me have a bit of a TR mode, which is nice for if the game has gone terribly wrong against Tailwind HO, for example. I run Taunt on TTar but Rocks is probably better tbh.

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
Voting time! Ya'll know the drill.

Test Bots
GenOne
Pwndkthnx
YoBuddy
n1n1
hey_nicky

Deadline of voting will be on Tuesday 2 AM EST!

Also, to get suggestions for the project, I've prepared a form for you guys to answer in this link: http://spo.ink/doutc1. In this form, you can also suggest what we're going to build around for the following week!

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
Plot twist: YoBuddy wins again! Can this man be stopped? He'll have his team posted in the OP a$ap.

This week, we'll be building with a Pokemon based on community suggestion! It'll be...

Flapple???? I'm gonna level with you guys, I don't know what this guy does, but it must always be said that Memoric is a man of the people. He has Hustle, I suppose; the same principle with Durant applies when it comes to Dynamax. Access to Dragon Dance can make for some interesting stuff; I also heard the Grav Apple becomes really brazy when used with Gravity active. How heat can y'all go? That's the task for week 5!

Requirements: A team must have Flapple I guess :psysly:

Week 5 submissions close on Saturday 11:59 PM EST.

Last edited:

GenOne

DOU main. GMT-7. PS!: GenOne
is a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Isaac Newton (Flapple) @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Grav Apple
- Dragon Rush
- U-turn
- Fly

Togekiss @ Babiri Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 244 HP / 92 Def / 112 SpD / 60 Spe
Calm Nature
- Air Slash
- Yawn
- Follow Me
- Protect

Dragapult @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- Protect

Arcanine @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 160 HP / 164 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Snarl
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- High Horsepower
- Earthquake
- Protect

Tyranitar @ Weakness Policy
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
Flapple. Whew. Ok so, this Pokemon is pretty akward to build around but I figured whatever team I put it on probably wants to let it be the designated Dynamaxer to bypass Hustle's accuracy drops. I opted for regular Flapple > Flapple-Gmax because getting Grassy Terrain up makes Flapple an absolute wrecking ball, whereas dropping evasion is only mildly helpful if you plan on dropping Grav Apples after your Dmax turns run out. Flapple shouldn't be protecting since it just wants to rage out for 3 Dmax turns, so I gave it STABS + U-turn + Fly. U-turn + Dragon Rush give Flapple a somewhat rare ability to drop either Atk or SpD for both opponents on the battlefield, and un-Dmaxed U-turn lets it pivot out of bad matchups in a pinch (80% of the time). Fly is a good filler move that lets you boost your Spe up to usable levels if one of your targets is within range of an easy KO.

Unlike Durant, which moves fast enough to flex on most targets not named Dragapult, Flapple has a really middling speed tier and not great defensive typing. I figured pairing it with Togekiss helps, as you can redirect attacks and most importantly prevent Dragapult from spamming Max Wyrminds.

The last four are just sand + goodstuffs, but the team composition overall would struggle vs Gastrodon without a grass-type, so Flapple is actually a justified pick here.

Flapple @ Life Orb
EVs: 180 HP / 252 Atk / 72 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Grav Apple
- Sucker Punch
- U-turn
- Protect

Gyarados @ Lum Berry
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Power Whip
- Protect

EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 144 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Fake Out
- Helping Hand
- Heal Pulse
- Psychic

Arcanine @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 48 SpA / 104 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Snarl
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- High Horsepower
- Swords Dance
- Protect

Braviary (M) @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Atk / 104 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- Tailwind
- Protect

I tried building with many different approaches to Flapple and realised that is truly awful. If GravSleep was still legal it could have a niche role on those teams but until then Flapple should never be seriously considered for a team. GenOne decided to devote his resources to help Flapple be good (if Flapple can ever be considered good). I went for the opposite approach. In the end I decided that Flapple would be best used as a sac pivot to get a better pokemon on the field. Flapple's EV spread gives it max attack and the maximum bulk possible while also always being KO'd by +0 Gyarados' Bounce so you can get a Moxie boost by killing your own Flapple(this doesn't come into play that often but Flapple sucks so much that I wanted the option). A slowish U-Turn lets you get in a viable pokemon for free. The rest of the team is as serious as I could make given that it had to have Flapple.

Moxie Gyarados is a set that I feel is being slept on a bit right now. When it Dynamaxes it can threaten to run away with the game quite quickly (unlike Flapple). Gothitelle is a great partner for Gyarados, enabling you to take the first KO to get Gyarados rolling. Gyarados + Gothitelle is quite strong against opposing Intimidate . Gyarados can OHKO Arcanine, Hitmontop and Scrafty, negating Intimidate with another Moxie boost, while Gothitelle prevents them switching to cycle Intimidate. Gyara + Goth is quite strong against Whimsicott leads due to the threat of Fake Out + Max Airstream, which often lets you have the speed control advantage in the early game. Arcanine, Excadrill and Braviary round out the team in a fairly standard manner. I decided to go with Swords Dance Excadrill to better take advantage of Gothitelle's Shadow Tag. Braviary gives the team some extra speed control and provides another option to prevent Gyarados from being Intimidated. Shadow Tag allows the team to take advantage of Flapple's death U-Turn to the fullest. Flapple conveniently quad resists Electric so it can switch in and U-Turn out if Gyarados is threatened with a KO. Sucker Punch is a nice move that can OHKO Dragapult, although in practice it usually misses.

I think that this game really shows Flapple's worth.

After seeing just how bad Flapple is I decided to update the Hustle Gang team I made last week. I realised that Galarian Darumaka would be a nice upgrade to Flapple that keeps with the Hustle theme, narrowly beating Rufflet and Hustle Togekiss for the role. This replay shows Hustle Gang 2.0 vs Hustle Gang 1.

Darumaka > Flapple (Darumaka-Galar) @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Ice Punch
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- U-turn

Dracozolt @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Bolt Beak
- High Horsepower
- Dragon Claw
- Protect

Durant @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- First Impression
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Stomping Tantrum

Whimsicott @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Tailwind
- Moonblast
- Worry Seed
- Safeguard

Mew @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Imprison
- Transform
- Trick Room
- Will-O-Wisp

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
EVs: 176 HP / 252 SpA / 80 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Mystical Fire
- Hyper Beam
- Moonblast

Yellow Paint

working as intended
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
B101 Leader

Flapple @ Weakness Policy
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Grav Apple
- Outrage
- Protect

Dragapult @ Weakness Policy
Jolly Nature
- Phantom Force
- Dragon Darts
- Steel Wing
- Protect

Sylveon @ Throat Spray
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Quick Attack
- Helping Hand
- Protect

Whimsicott @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Energy Ball
- Tailwind
- U-turn

Arcanine @ Aguav Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Snarl
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- High Horsepower
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Protect
WP + Dynamax is broken, so let's have two! I really wanted to use Quick Attack Sylv, and this seemed like a perfect opportunity. WP Flapple kills practically everything, and Acro fits nicely for Airstream boosts, high bp after WP, and hitting Whimsi. Flapple's biggest issue is that it sometimes just dies before it can do anything, so Whimsi's a natural addition to help it move first. U-Turn's there for extra WP cheese, though it's also useful vs Goth or just pivoting after a Twind. Arc and Exca round out the team, really can't go wrong using em. Overall, the team is kinda reliant on Flap/Drag maxing and racking up kills, but I've found it's surprisingly flexible between Whimsi and Sylv.

Shadowmonstr7

MUDA MUDA MUDA
:flapple: :gothitelle: :arcanine: :duraludon: :braviary: :rhyperior:
Flapple @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Grav Apple
- Dragon Rush
- Dragon Dance
- Protect
Gothitelle @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 SpD
Bold Nature
- Fake Out
- Trick Room
- Protect
- Psychic
Duraludon @ Life Orb
Ability: Stalwart
EVs: 156 HP / 252 SpA / 100 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Protect
Braviary (M) @ Aguav Berry
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Tailwind
- Close Combat
- Protect
Arcanine @ Sitrus Berry
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Snarl
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect
Rhyperior @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Atk / 104 SpD
Brave Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Hammer Arm
- Protect
Due to flapple's mediocre speed I opted for a balance team that wields both trick room and tailwind. This way my team has the adaptability to counter a variety of teams. I chose Gothitelle because it could function as the troom setter I was looking for and also wielded fake out which has often helped me give flapple a free ddannce. Arcanine was included because it's a great mon, and it's also useful to help with flapple's frailness. Duraludon allows the team to dominate full troom teams and it also acts as a nice flying resist. Braviary was chosen because it can set twind or provide speed control with max airstream. It also makes opponent's think twice before they switch in an arcanine or scrafty on flapple or rhyperior. Finally, rhyperior was included because its typing fit nicely, and it's very useful after goth sets troom.

Yuichi

umu!
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
:flapple: :rotom-wash: :gothitelle: :arcanine: :hitmontop: :dragapult:

Flapple-Gmax @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
IVs: 20 Spe
- Outrage
- Grav Apple
- Heavy Slam
- Protect

Rotom-Wash @ Blunder Policy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Nasty Plot
- Protect

Gothitelle @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Trick Room
- Helping Hand
- Heal Pulse
- Hypnosis

Arcanine @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 8 SpA / 88 SpD
Calm Nature
- Flamethrower
- Snarl
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Hitmontop (M) @ Eject Button
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch
- Fake Out
- Protect

Dragapult @ Eject Pack
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect
GMax Flapple lowers evasiveness which helps Flapple land its moves even after the 3 turns of Gmaxing. I threw Heavy Slam onto Flapple for Max Steelspike which OHKOs Dmax Togekiss with a boost from Helping Hand. On top of that Gmax Tartness also helps Goth land hypnos so thats cool as well. NP Blunder Policy Rotom-W is a rather spicy set ive been using recently and helps punch holes into fatter Arc balance builds that likes snarling/burning their foes as a form of damage control. It also acts as a really nice Togekiss check when coupled with Goth since Togekiss just invalidates Flapple out of Trick Room. Hitmontop, Arc and Dragapult basically act as pivots to help with positioning and Intim shuffling as well as some of Flapples less ideal matchups.

Edit: made Flapple slower than Goth so that Gmax Tartness reduces evasiveness before Goth hypnos

Last edited:

Idyll

xD
RBTT Champion
man ya'll need to calm down on the ladder, anyway voting time

GenOne
YoBuddy
Yellow Paint
Shadowmonstr4
Yuichi

Deadline of voting will be on Tuesday 2 AM EST! :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)