DOU SS Doubles OU 2021 Winter Seasonal - Round 10 (TOP 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

emma

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
DPL Champion

art by lei
you can check our their art thread
here
SS Doubles OU 2021 Winter Seasonal :blobastonished:
[10:22:06] khaukdfbsjaf: NO
[10:22:09] khaukdfbsjaf: I LOST
[10:22:11] khaukdfbsjaf: BGBGBGBGBG

SPECIFIC RULES
  • This is a standard SS Doubles OU tournament
  • This tournament will be Double Elimination
  • Rounds will be Best of Three. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown! (Main or SmogTours)
  • To encourage the development of the metagame, and so that everyone is on an even playing field, replays are required for all matches. If neither player posts replays of the match, both players will suffer an automatic game loss. (If you were in losers' when you played, you are both out. If you were in winners', the winner is in losers' and the loser is out.)
  • Activity calls will be made by me, potentially with neutral assistance from a Doubles OU Forum Moderator. Coin flips will be done publicly on PS!
  • In the event that something is added to or removed from the Doubles OU metagame in the middle of a round, that change will be in effect starting the next round.
  • Do not cheat. Cheating will result in a disqualification. Additional punishments may be applied as necessary. Cheating includes, but is not limited to:
    • Signing up with more than one account
    • Ghosting or being ghosted by another player (e.g. while playing a set, asking for advice about what team to bring or what plays to make)
    • Manipulating match outcomes (e.g. throwing a match in exchange for Smogon likes)
  • Do not harass or insult your opponents. I reserve the right to disqualify anyone breaking this rule. Additional punishments may be applied as necessary.
Standard Rules and Clauses
  • Endless Battle Clause: Players cannot use any moveset on any Pokémon capable of intentionally causing an endless battle. Thus:
    • A Pokémon may not carry Recycle and hold a Leppa Berry in conjunction with Heal Pulse and Milk Drink, Moonlight, Morning Sun, Recover, Roost, Slack Off, Soft-Boiled, or Wish.
    • A Pokémon may not hold a Leppa Berry while carrying Recycle and Pain Split.
    • A Pokémon may not hold a Leppa Berry while carrying Recycle and Fling
  • Evasion Clause: Players cannot use the moves Double Team or Minimize.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use the moves Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, or Sheer Cold.
  • Species Clause: Players cannot have two Pokémon with the same Pokédex number on the same team.
  • Gravity Sleep Clause: Sleep moves with below one hundred percent accuracy may not be used in conjunction with Gravity.
  • Dynamax Clause: You cannot dynamax.
Pokémon Restrictions
Players can only use Pokemon that are currently either obtainable in Pokemon Sword and Shield or transferable to Pokemon Sword and Shield
Players cannot use the following Pokémon:
Players cannot use the following Pokémon:
  • Calyrex-Ice
  • Calyrex-Shadow
  • Dialga
  • Eternatus
  • Giratina
  • Giratina-Origin
  • Groudon
  • Ho-Oh
  • Jirachi
  • Kyogre
  • Kyurem-White
  • Lugia
  • Lunala
  • Magearna
  • Marshadow
  • Melmetal
  • Mewtwo
  • Necrozma-Dawn Wings
  • Necrozma-Dusk Mane
  • Palkia
  • Rayquaza
  • Reshiram
  • Solgaleo
  • Urshifu (Single Strike)
  • Xerneas
  • Yveltal
  • Zacian
  • Zacian-Crowned
  • Zamazenta
  • Zamazenta-Crowned
  • Zekrom
Players cannot use the following abilities:
  • Power Construct
  • Shadow Tag
Players cannot use the following moves:
  • Swagger

HOW TO SCHEDULE

Winner's Bracket
n1n1 vs. AuraRayquaza - G1 / G2 / G3
Grandmas Cookin vs. Nido-RusEXTENSION

Loser's Bracket
Shadowmonstr7
vs. JRL - G1 / G2
duckpond vs. emma - G1 / G2 / G3

Here is the bracket for transparency: https://challonge.com/douwinterssnl2021

A reminder that REPLAYS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL MATCHES!

The deadline for this round is Sunday March 21st at 11:59 PM GMT -4

If you have any questions, feel free to message me on Discord at emma ❤#4133!

Have fun :heart:

Last edited:

emma

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
DPL Champion
A reminder that REPLAYS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL MATCHES

Week 9 Roundup (Usage Stats and Highlight Matches Replays)

Usage Stats will return at the end of the tour, when I'll post usage from Rounds 10-14 and for the entire tour. Similarly, there will be no more highlight matches since every match is a highlight now. All replays will be edited into the OP.

Introducing the Seasonals Prediction Tour! For all the remaining matches, post your picks in the thread and earn points for every match guessed correctly. Rounds 10 and 11 (Top 8 and Top 6) correct predictions will count as 1 point, Rounds 12 and 13 (Winner's and Loser's Finals) will count as 2 points, and Top 14 (Grand Finals) will count as 3 points. I hosted a Predictions Tour for RBY SPL matches this year and I'll say it went very well. The winner will receive 1 Month of Discord Nitro!

Round 10:
(just copy paste the matchups and bold your predicted winner)
n1n1 vs. AuraRayquaza
Grandmas Cookin vs. Nido-Rus
Shadowmonstr7 vs. JRL
duckpond vs. emma

PLEASE POST YOUR MATCH TIMES (OR DM ME ON DISCORD) SO WE CAN ALL WATCH. I'll EDIT IN THE TIMES HERE AND MAKE SURE YOU TAG MATCHES IN THE DISCORD SERVER. WE ALL WANT TO SEE!!!!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)