DOU SS Doubles OU Winter Seasonal - Round 2

SPECIFIC RULES
  • This is a standard SS Doubles OU tournament
  • This tournament will be Double Elimination
  • Rounds will be Best of Three. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!
  • To encourage the development of the metagame, and so that everyone is on an even playing field, all matches must have replays recorded. If neither player posts replays of the match, both players will suffer an automatic game loss. (If you were in losers' when you played, you are both out. If you were in winners', the winner is in losers' and the loser is out.)
  • If you are found signing up under more than one alt, you will be banned from circuit events for life.
  • Activity calls will be made by me, potentially with neutral assistance from a TD. Coin flips will be done on PS!
  • In the event that something is added to or removed from the Doubles OU metagame in the middle of a round, that change will be in effect starting the next round.
Standard Rules and Clauses
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same PokeDex number on his team.
  • Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize are banned.
  • OHKO Clause: The moves Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, and Fissure are banned.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Anything capable of intentionally creating an endless battle is banned.
Pokémon Restrictions
Players can only use Pokemon that are currently either obtainable in Pokemon Sword and Shield or transferable to Pokemon Sword and Shield
Players cannot use the following Pokémon:
  • Mewtwo
  • Reshiram
  • Zekrom
  • Kyurem-W
  • Solgaleo
  • Lunala
  • Necrozma-Dusk Mane
  • Necrozma-Dawn Wings
  • Zacian
  • Zamazenta
  • Eternatus
How to schedule

Winners Bracket:
Nido-Rus vs Lord Death Man
Dr Gekko vs (Winner of calvonix vs DLT JRL BELL)
voltix31 vs Mack Knife
Yuichi vs Spurrific
Mr.GX vs Mishimono
YoBuddy vs Qwello Lee
zikam vs LightScreener
iKiQ vs Croven
Souw vs Asura Crimson
EternalSnowman vs (Winner of Mammaluu vs MetaRiolu7)
zugubu royale vs SMB
AuraRayquaza vs duckpond
Just Call Me 203 vs Elegy2019
(Winner of lazatron vs Stratos) vs (Winner of Namranan vs The Thunderbirds)
AmauraBorealis vs Memoric
Nexecutioner vs txitxas
Kiichikos vs Ezrael
umbreon098 vs robjr
miltankmilk vs mfhoundoom
Arcticblast vs Z strats
London13 vs MajorBowman
Bughouse vs tier
Mizuhime vs Shadowmonstr4
Havens vs GenOne
Human vs NintendoKenny
(Winner of Neblina vs SolarflareRo) vs (Winner of Reaper12 vs Akaru Kokuyo)
Paraplegic vs Void
Anime Sans vs fespy
Yuma_ vs talkingtree
Au Revoir vs DugZa
Frania vs FloristtheBudew
Monsareeasy vs tenzai

Losers Bracket
Grillo vs Bvrvkkv
tennisace vs (Loser of calvonix vs DLT JRL BELL)
MorganORNot vs (Loser of Mammaluu vs MetaRiolu7)
(Loser of lazatron vs Stratos) vs (Loser of Namranan vs The Thunderbirds)
(Loser of Neblina vs SolarflareRo) vs (Loser of Reaper12 vs Akaru Kokuyo)

The following users have byes:

Here is the bracket for transparency: https://challonge.com/2020winterssnl

Deadline for this round is Monday 3rd February at 11:59pm GMT.

Good Luck!

Last edited:

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
lazatron put way more effort into scheduling than i did, if anyone wants to sub in they can have my spot otherwise i'd just like to drop

Stratos vs The Thunderbirds
Namranan vs lazatron

also i made a bit of a mistake. Martin is supposed to be in losers bracket and monsareeasy is supposed to be in winners, i got the result mixed up. (DON'T make a lose post next time please...)

1) the tenzai vs martin match for r2 is void. Sorry tenzai this is my mistake but the new pairings are:
2) this is directed to you monsareeasy and martin. while i made a mistake, neither of you paid enough attention to your places this round either. monsareeasy i can give you a pass because you had a bye, but there are no byes in winners after round 1. Martin went so far as to play his set knowing he was in winners by mistake (this isnt an OST sized r2). I'm happy to chalk this up to my mistake but i wont be so forgiving next time. please read the thread properly.

the challonge and thread have been updated accordingly

Akaru Kokuyo

Discord: Akaruyo
is a Top Tiering Contributor
World Defender
I am so sorry, I forgot that I inned to this and never opened smogon again since Friday lmao. My opp seems to be the best person that exists and we still playing tomorrow/friday >_>

I'm gonna have to make an administrative decisions thread soon ._.

Bvrvkkv has been found to be an alt of user Pwndkthnx. In line with Smogon rules, the alt will be banned. It has been decided that pwndkthnx/bvrvkkv will also be banned from this seasonal, due to concerns about potential advantages being gained from opponents not knowing the real identity of who they are playing. This doesn't affect much thankfully, being so early in the tournament.

Grillo gets a bye into round 3 losers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)