SS Doubles OU

https://pokepast.es/9c8fdf3e3e96844b - pokepaste to the team. I would like to know if there is anything I can do to improve my team. I have used this team and I have gone 1500-1600

Tapu Fini @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpA
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Nature's Madness
- Icy Wind
- Heal Pulse
This pokemon is one of my support pokemons. It does decent damage and give speed control and terrain control. I do not really use heal pulse a lot but when the time comes it can be very handy.
Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower
This is were most of the damage from my team comes and momentum. This does a lot of damage/can also switch out. With the choice scarf it almost always outspeeds most common threats and (ohko's)/(does massive damage) to the opponent.

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 120 HP / 136 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Fusion Bolt
- Dragon Dance
- Protect
This pokemon can tank common attacks and dragon dance. It outspeeds the unboosted metagame with one dragon dance making it a very potent sweeper. I gave it protect so that it can stall out trickroom a bit.
Incineroar @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Atk / 28 Def / 160 SpD
Careful Nature
- Fake Out
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- Parting Shot
This is my best pivot and momentum starter. It is good at shutting down physical attackers and can parting shot special and physical attackers. Knock off is good in general because it is a good source of damage and removing the opponents item is always good. Flare blitz is used to get damage on knocked off pokemon and grass/steel/bug/ice type pokeoms.
Rillaboom @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 112 Atk / 36 Def / 112 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Grassy Glide
- Wood Hammer
- U-turn
This pokemon is used for picking down weak threats. It can u turn out of bad matchups and can always fake out on the first turn it is in. That could be good for Kyurem as it could safely dragon dance. I gave it wood hammer just to do more damage or when it normally outspeeds.

Zeraora @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Plasma Fists
- Knock Off
- Play Rough
This pokemon is very good for doing damage and more damage. It can do more the 50% to Incineroar and it's knock off is always good. It's berry is also good in a pinch for some added longevity.

Last edited:
Hey so this is a real nice team, so there’s not gonna be many improvements I can suggest. You’ve done well with picking good Pokémon and generally sticking with their standard sets, and that’s obviously paying off as you’ve gotten high on the ladder.

The only Pokémon change I’d recommend is swapping out Zeraora, I don’t think it really fits what you’re trying to do. You mention CC does 50% to an incineroar, but I think you’d rather do 100% as this team has Pokémon that Incineroar can really disrupt like DD Kyu-b, Genesect, and Rillaboom. So I recommend swapping Zeraora out for a Landorus. Landorus is a great partner for Kyu-b as it can deal with the fires/steels/fairies that Kyu-b hates, and it can also beat fighting Pokémon like Urshifu with its powerful moves. I’d recommend the standard LO set, but with an option for either Substitute or Focus Blast as your third move.

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Bomb
- Substitute/Focus Blast
- Protect

Substitute would help protect Landorus as it doesn’t have much bulk, while focus blast can be used to hit Pokémon like P2 that may be harder for your team to damage, but just remember to factor in its chance of missing.

The last change I’d recommend is changing Fini to the standard cm set. Your team is really built to support it as you have a lot of pivots and answers to its counters, and cm fini + dd Kyu-b make a great set up core. So here would be the final team:
https://pokepast.es/1f478722abdf9af3

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)