Other Metagames SS DUbers Magearna team

This team was built to support Magearna for a possible sweep with soul heart, but it couldnt be the only attackers of the team, especially since its only attacking moves are its stabs, which means fire and steel types wall hard without boosts. I peaked around 1500 but I think the team needs some improvements. I'll explain how the team works within the descriptions of each set.

:zacian-crowned:
Zacian-Crowned @ Rusted Sword
Ability: Intrepid Sword
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Behemoth Blade
- Protect
- Play Rough
- Close Combat
One of, if not the best, pokemon in DUbers imo (but definetely the best in singles ubers). Pretty straightforward set both with moves and evs, and the fighting type coverage really helps against steel types. May seem redundant because it shares its typing with magearna, but the united assault from both the physical and special side really pays off, and zacian also hits hard right off the bat without any need to setup, making it a strong backup cleaner.

:ninetales-alola:
Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Aurora Veil
- Icy Wind
- Encore
- Freeze-Dry
The main support of the team, max hp and speed because there doesnt seem to be a better fit. Hail disrupts opposing weather beautifully, seeing that most people who opt to use weather use sand, sun or rain. Aurora veil is there for obvious reasons, icy wind offers speed control, encore forces a switch on a setup move, although encoring protect or other harmless moves is just as good. Freeze dry is the least used move, but can deal a good amount of damage on a super effective hit. I usually lead ninetales + magearna if there isnt opposing weather since that means I can setup aurora veil for free.

:ditto:
Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Transform
Ditto is there doing what ditto does best, impostering opposing sweepers who are already setup. Impostering zacian makes intrepid sword activate again so ditto is essencially stronger, and switching in front of a substitute allows me to transform into my ally if I desire, but that is suboptimal. The given spread is standard, max hp because its the only stat ditto keeps when transforming, and minimum speed lets him transform after opposing ditto in the rare mirror match, which lets them die to struggle first.

:magearna:
Magearna @ Leftovers
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 240 HP / 56 SpA / 4 SpD / 208 Spe
Modest Nature
- Protect
- Shift Gear
- Flash Cannon
- Dazzling Gleam
The star of the team, dazzling gleam deals spread damage, flash cannon is a good single target move and protect is protect. 208 speed evs let it outspeed jolly zacian after a single shift gear, and it also outspeeds anything speed creeping that as a bonus. Leftovers let it heal off the damage from hail, and since it usually stays on the field for more than 4 turns, its better than sitrus berry. It originally had 252 hp and 48 spatk, but 56 spatk lets it reach a jump point, so I reduced to 240 hp to keep it an odd number and added 4 spdef just because.

:amoonguss:
Amoonguss @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Pollen Puff
- Protect
- Rage Powder
Another great support with simple moves and a bad ev spread that I dont know how to fix. Spore puts opposing pokemon to sleep, polen puff can heal my allies, which is really good for my sweepers especially behind an aurora veil, protect is protect and rage powder is a life saver for my ally. Even if it dies using it, it protected the ally, and if that ally was magearna, boosts its spatk. I usually lead with it if there is opposing weather because ninetales is very fast and will lose the weather war turn 0.

:kyurem-white:
Kyurem-White @ Life Orb
Ability: Turboblaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power
- Fusion Flare
I originally had kyurem as a scarfer before I added ditto to the team, which opened up the possibility of running LO. Blizzard works well with ninetales' support, and kyurem competes with magearna for my dynamax choice. Earth power and fusion flare deal with most fire and steel types the team struggles against and draco meteor is a simple stab nuke. Now that kyurem is not choiced anymore I may swap out fusion flare for protect, but this change has proven unecessary so far.

Zacian-Crowned @ Rusted Sword
Ability: Intrepid Sword
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Behemoth Blade
- Protect
- Play Rough
- Close Combat

Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Icy Wind
- Encore
- Freeze-Dry

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Transform

Magearna @ Leftovers
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 240 HP / 56 SpA / 4 SpD / 208 Spe
Modest Nature
- Protect
- Shift Gear
- Flash Cannon
- Dazzling Gleam

Amoonguss @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Pollen Puff
- Protect
- Rage Powder

Kyurem-White @ Life Orb
Ability: Turboblaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power
- Fusion Flare

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)