Social Media Head
Alolan Marowak has been an overarching threat in Godly Gift for a while, boasting an extremely high Attack stat with Thick Club, powerful STAB moves in Poltergeist and Flare Blitz, the ability to boost its sky-high Attack even further with Swords Dance, and defensive utility with Normal- and Fighting-type type immunities and an ability immunity in Lightning Rod.
Its extremely threatening offensive presence is most notably seen in its flexibility to now inherit a high base Speed from a fast God, such as Eternatus or Mewtwo, essentially nullifying its main problem of slow Speed in OU and now allowing it to threaten both the defensive and offensive metagame.
Alolan Marowak's primary Swords Dance set is insanely flexible, thus making it nearly uncheckable. Swords Dance and good coverage allow Alolan Marowak to 2HKO and OHKO even the strongest of walls, such as Necrozma-DM and Shuckle Defense inheritors, with relative ease.
- +2 252 Atk Thick Club Marowak-Alola Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Snorlax: 460-542 (87.7 - 103.4%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
- +2 252 Atk Thick Club Marowak-Alola Poltergeist (110 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Vaporeon: 315-372 (67.8 - 80.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
- +2 252 Atk Thick Club Marowak-Alola Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Snorlax: 292-344 (55.7 - 65.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Some of Alolan Marowak's most effective checks, like Shuckle Defense Water-types and Unaware Water-types, can still be broken. With the lack of reliable recovery on Pokemon like Vaporeon and Snorlax as well, Alolan Marowak can endlessly pressure them until they're in range of a guaranteed kill.
Quagsire and Pyukumuku--Pokemon only viable on stall teams due to their vulnerability to status and chip damage--can avoid the 2HKO due to Recover, Unaware, and the intentional lack of an item, but these Pokemon are vulnerable to Alolan Marowak's alternative stat inheritance, Attack, generally from Calyrex-I on Trick Room teams. Attack slot Alolan Marowak has the ability to break almost every wall with a Thick-Club-boosted base 165 Attack, and it has access to another Ghost-type STAB in Shadow Bone, allowing it to hit the itemless Water-types.
- 252+ Atk Thick Club Marowak-Alola Shadow Bone vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 231-273 (58.6 - 69.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
- 252+ Atk Thick Club Marowak-Alola Shadow Bone vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Pyukumuku: 219-258 (43.4 - 51.1%) -- 98.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
Suspect details: During a Suspect, each player must climb the ladder until they've acquired the GXE necessary to participate in the voting. Primarily, everyone that participates needs to make an alt account following these guidelines:
- Every game must be played on the official Pokemon Showdown site and on a new account (creation date no earlier than today, September 5th, 2021) with "GGAM [Nick]"--for example, I could create one called "GGAMOGUS" to ladder with.
- To qualify for voting, your alt must play a minimum of 25 games, and you must have a minimum GXE of 75.
- SUSPECTS will be allowed on the ladder during the suspect.
- The suspect test will end on September 19th, 2021 at 11:59 PM GMT-4.
- When posting proof of meeting reqs, feel free to use this thread as a means to civilly elucidate any topical opinions regarding whether or not Alolan Marowak should be banned (Optional).
- It is mandatory to provide proof of ownership of the alt account as well. (Post a picture of your reqs with your smogon name featured).