Resource SS Monotype Sample Teams [Isle of Armor]

Status
Not open for further replies.

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
Preface: There were a lot of submissions for samples, so unless you submitted something that took only a few small edits we had made teams we wanted to use as samples instead. I will not be including descriptions in the DLC 1 samples, as they will soon be outdated with the release of DLC 2. We appreciate everyone's willingness to contribute and thoroughly looked through all the posts!

Fairy
:ss/klefki::ss/azumarill::ss/mimikyu::ss/hatterene::ss/togekiss:
These five are standard on Fairy teams and pretty much every Fairy team has them. Recently, Monotype players have started to drop Play Rough on Azumarill for Substitute to dodge status, because Hatterene beats everything that Play Rough hits. Overall everything else is fairly normal. Grimmsnarl is an impressive physical setup Pokemon that can overwhelm teams with its setup alongside its teammates and Galarian Weezing largely helped in the mirror matchup as well as against types like Normal. That is why we decided to go with two sample teams for the type!

:ss/weezing-galar::ss/grimmsnarl:
Fairy teams-
ft Grimmsnarl: https://pokepast.es/83bbcbb7bdfe0815
ft Galarian Weezing: https://pokepast.es/7e9011a054cc1ff9

Normal
:ss/heliolisk::ss/bewear::ss/ditto::ss/braviary::ss/diggersby::ss/blissey:
We decided to go on a different route for the Normal team. Since this was posted a few things about Normal have changed resulting in more success for the type. Braviary running a Defog Boots support set allows it to much better support the team, Indeedee isn't that impressive and teams would much rather have something like Heliolisk to take on Water teams with Keldeo, which are very present in the metagame, and finally, we decided Porygon2 is not that great and Bewear fits better on Normal teams being able to take on Pokemon such as Dracovish for the team as well as take on Steel teams much better.

Standard Normal: https://pokepast.es/81139313b248f872

Fire
:ss/torkoal::ss/charizard::ss/volcarona::ss/cinderace::ss/incineroar::ss/rotom-heat:
We decided to go with the team Harpp provided and tweaked it a bit. First off we made Cinderace into Bulk Up over U-turn, this allows it to better breakthrough types such as Normal and Dark. On Volcarona, since Fire Blast already mops through Psychic teams and Cinderace can take care of Tyranitar with High Jump Kick, we slashed Roost over Bug Buzz. This gives Volcarona more chances to set up in a variety of matchups. I also took the liberty of slashing Defog after Substitute on Rotom-H due to its role compression and changed Thunderbolt to Discharge due to its chance to paralyze.

Fire Team: https://pokepast.es/0dd074f34abdb44f

Dark
:ss/grimmsnarl::ss/tyranitar::ss/mandibuzz:
:ss/hydreigon::ss/bisharp:
We went with this Dark team because we felt support around Bulk Up Urshifu was the most widely viable version of Dark at the moment. Grimmsnarl sets screens so Bisharp and Urshifu-S can setup easier, Hydreigon acts as a revenge kill, and Mandibuzz + Tyranitar is the defensive glue of the team, alongside the hazard core.

Dark Team: https://pokepast.es/ddbbaa92ece47134

Psychic
:ss/slowbro::ss/jirachi::ss/celebi::ss/indeedee::ss/hatterene::ss/mew:
We again slightly tweaked something Harpp made for this sample team. We changed Slowbro into Heavy-Duty Boots, this is largely better than Leftovers for a Teleport pivot thanks to its ability to allow Slowbro to dodge hazards, especially Toxic Spikes. We changed the Hatterene set into Relaxed, allowing it to be even slower under Trick Room. Then we decided to get rid of Gardevoir cause its quite frankly just bad. The team felt very weak to Steel-type Pokemon and Chansey, so we made the Mew into Nasty Plot with Fire Blast + Psyshock. This somewhat alleviates both problems and can better take advantage of Slowbro's Teleport support.

Psychic Team: https://pokepast.es/0bcd0851febe6e14

Steel
:ss/ferrothorn::ss/aegislash::ss/duraludon::ss/cobalion::ss/bronzong::ss/corviknight:
We decided to go with this variation of offense for one of the reasons being, Cobalion's speed tier allows it to outpace many threats to Steel teams with a Choice Scarf such as +1 Volcarona, Choice Scarf Charizard, and Urshifu. This team also takes advantage of pivoting moves allowing it to readily bring in wallbreakers like Duraludon and setup sweepers such as Aegislash. While this team is offensive by nature, due to the abilities and typings of the Pokemon they can together take on a pretty large chunk of the metagame. This team was made by Decem.

Steel team: https://pokepast.es/886331394e58ccdb

Electric
:ss/pincurchin::ss/zeraora::ss/raichu-alola::ss/magnezone::ss/galvantula:
We decided to use Harpp's submission as a base for the sample, however we wanted to give both Rotom-H and Rotom-C a sample. Both teams have the same sets aside from the fact of what Rotom will hit, whether it is Steel- and Ice- or Ground- and Water-type Pokemon. We also edited the Pincurchin and Alolan Raichu sets to better work together and support the team.

:ss/rotom-heat::ss/rotom-mow:
Electric teams-
ft Rotom Mow: https://pokepast.es/db61578d9c93c213
ft Rotom Heat: https://pokepast.es/b0572d27c2707d48

Poison
:ss/amoonguss::ss/weezing-galar::ss/toxapex::ss/salazzle::ss/skuntank:
These five are fairly standard on Poison, Amoonguss, Galarian Weezing, and Toxapex form the defensive core. Salazzle can make matchups such as Water and Poison much easier, same as Steel. Skunktank is put there for a Psychic immunity as well as being able to revenge kill Alolan Raichu with Sucker Punch. We wanted to feature a sample with Scolipede and Gengar, the teams are virtually the same bar those two Pokemon.

:ss/gengar::ss/scolipede:
Poison teams-
ft Gengar: https://pokepast.es/929cc6ba4fcf8fbe
ft Scolipede: https://pokepast.es/663afc87c8de1d06

Rock
:ss/shuckle::ss/tyranitar::ss/terrakion::ss/rhyperior::ss/lycanroc-dusk::ss/coalossal:
We used Namranan's HO Rock team as a base, we replaced Lunatone with Coalossal, due to it being able to remove hazards as well as make the team entirely better against Steel teams. We also changed Rhyperior to the standard SD set, as well as making Lycanroc Swords Dance as it can better take advantage of its coverage while not being choice-locked.

Rock team: https://pokepast.es/5efd11ba575efbd8

Grass
We decided that the type deserved two archetypes, one balanced and one being Hyper Offensive Sun. For the Balanced we worked off of Harpp's submission.

:ss/ferrothorn::ss/appletun::ss/rillaboom::ss/celebi::ss/whimsicott::ss/rotom-mow:
We nearly used what Harpp had, the real only thing I did was make hazards less of a problem. This is because I gave Rotom-M Defog instead of Leaf Storm, the reason being that Rillaboom and Celebi thrash anything that Leaf Storm hit, while giving a team with no Heavy-Duty Boots a way to remove hazards, especially Sticky Webs and Toxic Spikes.

:ss/whimsicott::ss/shiftry::ss/rillaboom::ss/venusaur::ss/ferrothorn::ss/rotom-mow:
Shoutouts to ErPeris, I built this sun which is relatively standard in a tutoring session. The same reasoning in running no Grass STAB on Rotom-H was put into this team. Overall, Ferrothorn is there to spam hazards and Gyro Ball. Whimsicott has Encore to stop Pokemon like Volcarona from running rampant, Sunny Day to support the Sunny Day sweepers, and Memento or U-turn to bring them in safely.

Grass teams-
Balanced: https://pokepast.es/11bab861f9862f93
Sun HO: https://pokepast.es/aabbb401ba38b961

Ghost
:ss/aegislash::ss/jellicent::ss/corsola-galar::ss/dragapult::ss/mimikyu::ss/gengar:
I decided to update the Ghost team, as Dragon Dance Dragapult is starting to take over the tier and Ghost has many, many tools to help support its sweep. This is another team ErPeris took a hand in building. Jellicent is there to take on Pokemon like Keldeo and Dracovish, as well as spreading Will-O-Wisp, further giving opportunities for Dragapult and Mimikyu to setup. Corsola sets Stealth Rock, spreads burns, and can give Dragapult free turns to setup thanks to its ability Cursed Body. Mimikyu and Gengar can take care of Dark and Steel-type Pokemon for the team such as Tyranitar, Mandibuzz, Bisharp, and Ferrothorn. Gengar can also break past Pokemon like Corviknight allowing Dragapult to sweep. This team overall is what I believe a solid Ghost should look like.

Ghost team: https://pokepast.es/384d65ee0e264853

Water
:ss/primarina::ss/toxapex::ss/slowking::ss/rotom-wash::ss/keldeo::ss/gastrodon:
We decided to go with a balanced Water team as the first sample would be best and felt that this variation best fit the current metagame.

Water team: https://pokepast.es/298a10619a0906a7

Overall, I will add these to the sample teams very soon. After that, I will once again look at the sample teams we have, remove more outdated samples, and ask again for different archetypes and teams I want to be represented in samples. I also want to give a huge thanks to Decem for helping me update this time, as I will be updating the samples by myself from now on. Thanks again everyone for contributing!

Last edited:

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
Now I am looking for specifically these teams to add to the sample teams.

Bug:
- HO Bug ft. Swords Dance Scizor

Dragon:
- Dragon Dance Dragapult Dragon (one with Goodra, one with Dragalge)

Fighting:
- Bulk Up Urshifu-S Standard HO

Flying:
- Updated Balanced Flying

Water:
- Swift Swim or Hyper Offensive

You can submit other suggestions and I will consider adding them. However, I would for sure like to see these teams being added!

Harpp

No rain, no flowers.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Bulk Up Urshifu-S Standard HO

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Megahorn
- Earthquake

Keldeo @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Taunt

Hawlucha @ Power Herb
Ability: Unburden
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Close Combat
- Sky Attack

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Sucker Punch

Urshifu @ Black Glasses
Ability: Unseen Fist
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Wicked Blow
- Close Combat
- Sucker Punch

DD Dragapult with Goodra

Duraludon @ Leftovers
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 116 HP / 252 Def / 140 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Flash Cannon
- Draco Meteor

Kyurem @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Substitute
- Roost
- Earth Power

Dragapult @ Dragon Fang
Ability: Clear Body
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Darts
- Phantom Force
- Substitute / Sucker Punch

Goodra @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Rock Slide

Dracovish @ Choice Band
Ability: Strong Jaw
Adamant Nature
- Fishious Rend
- Outrage
- Psychic Fangs
- Leech Life

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

DD Dragapult with Dragalge

Duraludon @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Flash Cannon
- Draco Meteor
- Thunder Wave

Dragalge @ Black Sludge
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Flip Turn
- Toxic Spikes
- Protect

Dragapult @ Dragon Fang
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Darts
- Substitute
- Phantom Force

Hydreigon @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Substitute

Noivern @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Roost
- Taunt
- Defog

Dracovish @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fishious Rend
- Outrage
- Psychic Fangs
- Crunch

1598505964220.png
1598505988839.png
1598506002211.png
1598506034000.png
1598506079206.png
1598506091108.png

Duraludon (M) @ Leftovers
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Bold Nature
- Body Press
- Flash Cannon
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

Dracovish @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Fishious Rend
- Outrage
- Psychic Fangs
- Crunch

Kyurem @ Leftovers
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Freeze-Dry
- Roost
- Earth Power

Dragapult (M) @ Dragon Fang
Ability: Clear Body
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Darts
- Phantom Force
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance

Hydreigon (M) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Defog / U-Turn

Goodra @ Assault Vest
Ability: Gooey
EVs: 248 HP / 12 Atk / 248 SpA
Mild Nature
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Draco Meteor
- Rock Slide / Dragon Tail

Duraludon acts as a nice physdef tank for opposing Dracovish, Scizor and Bisharp while also being able to set rocks and cripple threats with t-wave. Dracovish is your wallbreaker that just OHKOs or 2HKOs anything neutral to it with Fishious Rend. Kyurem acts as your pressure staller, also giving the team answers to Toxapex and other fat water mons. Dragapult is your setup sweeper while dragon fang boosts its Dragon Darts. Since Dracovish isn't adequate speed control, scarf Hydreigon supports it while also being able to defog or pivot out with U-Turn. Goodra is a formidable Sp.Def wall and also your Volcarona check. 12 Atk EVs ensures you OHKO Volcarona with Rock Slide 100% of the time, but Dragon Tail is good for other setup sweepers.

damn it, Harpp beat me to this, but i'll still drop this here anyway since i have it typed up.
GOODRA GANG

VolcZor HO Bug
I noticed that there were zero Bug samples, which is interesting considering I've been using a Bug team quite a lot myself with decent success. So, here goes nothing:

Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Dual Wingbeat
- Roost
- Defog

Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Psychic
- Giga Drain

Heracross @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Galvantula @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Thunder
- Bug Buzz
- Energy Ball

Vikavolt @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Bug Buzz
- Energy Ball
- Air Slash

Golisopod @ Assault Vest
Ability: Emergency Exit
Adamant Nature
- First Impression
- Liquidation
- Leech Life
- Aqua Jet

Galvantula is primarily there as a Webs setter, though it has plenty of offensive merit on its own thanks to Compound Eyes Thunder, letting it serve as a backup should Vikavolt go down. Vikavolt serves to ease matchups against Flying and Water teams and hits incredibly hard with its Specs Thunderbolts, which are very difficult to switch into without a Ground-type. Golisopod is primarily there to assist against Fire teams, though it can be a threat to Rock teams if you play your cards right. I opted for Golisopod over Araquanid due to Golisopod's superior revenge-killing capabilities by virtue of First Impression and Aqua Jet, as well as Emergency Exit potentially allowing a teammate to pivot in safely. Heracross is primarily a cleaner, though can function as a revenge killer if needed and can pose a serious threat to Rock teams. Scizor is the team's sole Defogger, as well as yet another anti-Rock measure and an excellent revenge killer thanks to Bullet Punch. While I chose Roost to give Scizor longevity, I was very close to selecting Swords Dance instead. Volcarona is the team's real star. The coverage options were specifically chosen to allow Volcarona to handle just about every type that Bug may struggle against - Fiery Dance gains STAB and hits Steel and Flying extremely hard, Psychic causes Fightings and Poisons to crumble, and Giga Drain destroys Waters and Rocks that may attempt to survive a Fiery Dance or a Psychic.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8monotype-1176138351-4cbh7fh2i317u6q64rj2v1xd1albx23pw - Taking out a Steel team with limited use of Volcarona.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8monotype-1176135337-jp1b5724njk5ray6pdcc4mp6zd52yzrpw - Taking out a Fighting team.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8monotype-1175906793-1fs5wq84izi8i0me96wdw38xmgyrx65pw - A battle against a Poison team that really shows how powerful Volcarona (and plenty of RNG) can be.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8monotype-1176139588-cuqjnoc7uzpo82y1wt76mup9yfchrhspw - Taking out a Dark team (which admittedly isn't that impressive for a Bug team).

Perish Song

flaunt
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
:duraludon: :dragalge: :noivern: :hydreigon: :kyurem: :dragapult:

Dragalge @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 24 Spe
- Protect
- Toxic Spikes
- Sludge Wave
- Flip Turn

Hydreigon @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Substitute

Dragapult @ Dragon Fang / Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Darts
- Phantom Force
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute

Duraludon @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Flash Cannon
- Body Press

Kyurem @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 52 HP / 204 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Roost
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power

Noivern @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Defog
- Taunt
- Roost
- Pretty self-explanatory Dragalge. Toxic Spikes helps with Fairy and Psychic matchups drastically, Flip Turn allows it to pivot for stall breakers in Kyurem and Hydreigon. Protect lets you scout choice-locked foes such as Jirachi, Diggersby, Indeedee, etc. 24 Speed IVs were given to underspeed Toxapex, so Dragalge becomes the main absorber of bullshittery while using Flip Turn.

- Hydreigon runs its standard SubNp set to benefit best from Toxic Spikes, seek set up opportunities, and annoy Steels n Ghosts pretty effectively, as well as fat stuff such as Toxapex.

- Kyurem is the other stall breaker that puts Toxic Spikes to good use, while also abusing nearly every defensive Water-type Pokemon. 52 HP EVs were used to create 101 HP Subs, so it drains pp of Chansey/Blissey more effectively.

- Duraludon is the team's Stealth Rock user and provides Thunder Wave, most notably against foes like Choice Scarf Jirachi, as a form of speed control. 140 Speed is used to outpace neutral base 70 Pokemon such as Bisharp. Body Press helps Duraludon annoy Normal- and Steel-types, Flash Cannon is used to beat Fairies.

- Another pretty self-explanatory set in Dragapult. Substitute allows Dragapult to take advantage of Pokemon that would otherwise only status it, such as Mantine and Toxapex. Dragon Dance bolsters its offensive capabilities greatly, the remaining moves are its STAB moves. Dragon Fang / Life Orb is used so unboosted Dragon Darts can one-shot a Volcarona from full HP. (Dragon Fang is a roll, Life Orb is guaranteed)

- Noivern is the team's Defog user and with Taunt it can prevent all the aforementioned fat shit from functioning properly. U-turn makes it an excellent pivot while Hurricane is a strong stab to threaten Grass-types such as Appletun. Roost helps it stay healthy.

Last edited:

Thunder

Kingku ke charan pranam
HO Water

:ss/pelipper: :ss/Barraskewda: :ss/crawdaunt: :ss/toxapex: :ss/seismitoad: :ss/kingdra:

Pelipper @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- U-turn
- Hurricane
- Defog
- Roost

Barraskewda @ Choice Band
Ability: Swift Swim
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Flip Turn
- Psychic Fangs
- Close Combat

Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer
- Close Combat
- Aqua Jet

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Toxic
- Recover

Seismitoad @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Hydro Pump
- Focus Blast

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Hurricane
- Surf
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse

Fighting (Semi-Standard) Ft. Bulk Up Urshifu
Cobalion @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Calm Mind
- Taunt

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Earthquake

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
Jolly Nature
- Poison Jab
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Urshifu @ Black Glasses
Jolly Nature
- Wicked Blow
- Close Combat
- Sucker Punch
- Bulk Up

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Defog

Water (Swift Swim Hyper Offensive)
Pelipper @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Hurricane
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn

Dracovish @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Fishious Rend
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs
- Outrage

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

Toxapex @ Eject Button
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Def / 128 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Toxic Spikes
- Recover

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Draco Meteor
- Hurricane
- Dragon Pulse

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Ice Shard
- Shell Smash
- Spikes

Flying (Balanced)
Emolga @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Motor Drive
Timid Nature
- Nuzzle
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Volt Switch

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Roost
- Iron Head

Mantine @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Haze
- Roost

Noivern @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hurricane
- Flamethrower
- U-turn

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Nasty Plot
- Roost
- Substitute

Hawlucha @ Sitrus Berry
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 HP
- Close Combat
- Acrobatics
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

Last edited by a moderator:
dang yall really hate flying(given it is ass this gen) nvm yay pixel added a flying team :D
Balanced Flying
:ss/Mantine: :ss/Skarmory: :ss/Corviknight: :ss/Hawlucha: :ss/Togekiss: :ss/Charizard:
Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet/Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock/Spikes
- Brave Bird/Iron Head
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Mantine @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Haze
- Toxic

Corviknight @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Bulk Up
- Roost
- Taunt/Substitute

Hawlucha @ White Herb
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Taunt

Togekiss @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Roost
- Air Slash
- Fire Blast/Substitute/Thunder Wave

Charizard @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Air Slash
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast

Skarmory: With the metagame starting to revolve around powerful physical attackers that like to set up, such as DD pult, Shell Smash Cloyster, and a multitude of other menacing threats, Skarmory provides a nice Ice Neutrality for the team as well as immense physical bulk, hazards and much more. Both a Rocky Helmet or Leftovers work; Leftovers provides that extra recovery to negate rocks damage when you switch into things like u-turns and more, but the helmet allows you to further punish physical attackers that make contact, like rillaboom. Sturdy is nice for allowing Skarm to do things like set up another hazard or bring down a pokemon like Volcarona with it(skarm isnt a true volc check tho). Stealth Rock is the preferred hazard, but Spikes can also work really well, as Boots spam is really common now, and Skarm's overall longevity allows it to put up spikes multiple times. Brave Bird in general is the better stab, hitting pokemon like hawlucha and rillaboom but Iron Head does not have any recoil damage and can hit pesky ice types that would otherwise threaten your team. Roost is Skarmory's main form of recovery, and whirlwind is a great p/hazing move that can also rack up hazard damage.

Mantine: Mantine's amazing special bulk compliments Skarmory's physical bulk extremely well. Special attackers that give Skarmory trouble, like volcarona and Indeedee, and can Haze any stat changes they might try to use to break through this defensive core. Water absorb is nice for allowing Mantine to act as a amazing check to stuff like PerishPool Azumarill and rain abusers like Choice Specs Kingdra and Choice Specs Pelipper. Heavy Duty Boots are great, as it allows Mantine to bypass rocks damage that would otherwise let Mantine have a chance to be 2HKOd by threats like the aforementioned Specs Kingdra. HDB is also nice considering Mantine is the teams Hazard Removal. Scald is always a nice move to burn physical attackers and rack up chip damage. Toxic allows mantine to put offensive threats on a timer, for example, Volcarona.

Corviknight: Corv is pretty much a given on any flying team, its solid special bulk allows it to even avoid the 2hko from Pokemon like Gardevoir, and Its Bulk Up set becomes extremely deadly if given the chance to set up. Pressure allows it to roost stall things like Fire Blasts coming from Scarf Dragapult and much more. Leftovers + Roost gives corv some really nice recovery that allows it to continually set up Bulk-Ups. Brave Bird is honestly the best Stab for Corviknight, hitting the hardest and it lets skarm beat off pokemon that would otherwise threaten it if Corv was ihead/bodypress/Power trip, like taunt lucha. Taunt or Substitute can either be the last move, the former preventing pex from hazing all statchanges, and the latter being a great move to have when paired with corv's ability, pressure.

Charizard: Charizard acts as the teams speed control, and while it gets competition from Noivern as a scarf user, there were a few reasons why i went with zard. Zard has a greater special attack, allowing it to hit harder, as well as a fire-flying typing, which allows zard to hit ice types that give my team trouble. Scarf Zard still outspeeds pokemon like scarf darm, and while Noivern's greater speed allows it to outspeed and ohko pokemon like Cloyster and Virizion, Skarm serves as a solid check to both. The one thing noivern does have is a stronger dragon move and infiltrator. Dual Stabs as well as Focus Blast and Dragon Pulse pretty much lets zard hit everything it needs to, and they're pretty much the only solid moves zard gets lol.

Hawlucha: Hawlucha is one of the best clean up Pokemon in the meta right now, being able to set up Unburden+White Herb+CC, making Hawlucha one of the fastest and most threatening mons on the field. SD+taunt allows lucha to set up right in front of Pokemon like Mantine or Toxapex and avoid being hazed by both. CC+acrobatics have amazing power(acrobatics becomes base 110 after using the White Herb), and can easily broom through types like grass and bug.

Togekiss: Even with Taunt Lucha, this team was still a little pex weak, so i added Togekiss to the team. Togekiss is a great Nasty Plot user that can pretty much single-handedly run through types like poison. Serene grace+air slash is always a pain to deal with, and Togekiss has a nice toolkit to support that. Roost allows togekiss to stay on the field longer, which is key when its targets are defensive cores that cant be broken by brute force. Nasty Plot allows Toge to make each airslash to hit a bit harder, so it becomes less reliant on flinching. for Toge's last move, Fire blast allows togekiss to have an easier time against bulky steels like Ferrothorn and Corviknight, whereas T-wave works really well with Serene Grace+Air slash, and finally, Substitute is another great move when trying to break through Defensive walls that wont be able to break the sub. Sub also allows Togekiss to dodge status from Toxic and Twave users.

Last edited:
The Icy Drip
Bisgit's Not-So-Secret Sauce

Offensive Ice
ninetales-alola.gif
cloyster.gif
mamoswine.gif
kyurem.gif
darmanitan-galar.gif
avalugg.gif

Ninetales-Alola @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Snow Warning
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Grudge
- Freeze-Dry
- Aurora Veil

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
Jolly Nature
- Rock Blast
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Spear
- Shell Smash

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Ability: Thick Fat
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Endeavor
- Ice Shard
- Stealth Rock

Kyurem @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Freeze-Dry

Darmanitan-Galar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Gorilla Tactics
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Icicle Crash
- U-turn
- Superpower

Avalugg @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Mirror Coat
- Body Press
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

oh boy i sure hope i formatted that right

Anyway, you may notice some of these sets aren't exactly.. conventional. I'll do my best to talk through them.

NINETALES
Obviously, you'll have noticed the item choice and maybe a few people are wondering "why not just stick with the classic light clay w/encore>grudge?" That set is great, and definitely worth it, but after comparing the two, I like Scarf a lot more for various reasons.
Number 1, it's capable of helping against a lot of Fighting Types. Kommo-o, Urshifu, and even Terrakion (It can kill if sufficiently weakened, or soften it up for another team member to take care of).
Number 2, Jirachi, and other fast Steel types. Jirachi's Iron Head can be the bane of many an Ice team, but this Ninetales can help deal with it. After one of your team members dies to it, you can bring in Ninetales and use Grudge. Provided your opponent doesn't read the Grudge, you can completely wipe it's PP, meaning that Iron Head won't be bothering you anymore. It can also do the same to a lot of other fast Steel types, such as offensive threats like Excadrill which are capable of threatening the whole team.

CLOYSTER
This is, for the most part, your classic Sash Smash Cloyster. I elected to use Ice Shard over a Water STAB, but a move such as Liquidation or Hydro Pump would also work. Ice Shard helps against Sucker Punchers, which would otherwise be able to knock out Cloyster, which is why I use it. Ice Shard also has a 37.5% chance to OHKO Unburden Hawlucha from full, and as such can easily OHKO after Stealth Rock damage. My Cloyster is Jolly instead of Adamant, because this way it is capable of outspeeding a lot of offensive threats after a Shell Smash such as Scarf Terrakion and +1 Speed Volcarona, both of whom can terrorise Ice teams.

MAMOSWINE
Now, a lot of Ice teams tend to use Piloswine instead. This is not one of those teams, but if you wish to trade Mamo for Pilo, that is a perfectly valid choice. I personally prefer Mamo because of its higher damage output (this is an offense team, after all). Obviously, this set works best as a suicide lead. The Sash allows it to freely set up a layer of Rocks, or get off an Endeavor if taken down to Sash in one hit. This allows it to kill faster mons with Ice Shard next turn or bring a slower mon to 1% before dying, letting another team member get rid of it.

KYUREM
This is very much a standard Kyurem, except I choose not to run Draco Meteor. Freeze-Dry is capable of neutering Water mons and Ice Beam is for more solid damage outputs. There is also some very effective coverage in Earth Power (allowing it to hit slower Rock and Steel types) and Flash Cannon to hit Fairy types, which are some of the most common threats right now. Overall, rather standard, but Focus Blast is also an option over one of the coverage moves.

DARMANITAN
Very much a normal set, because there isn't much room to mess around with Darm, considering it's one of Ice's most reliable mons this gen and a standard, reliable set is very much needed. However, Earthquake is an option over U-turn if wanted.

AVALUGG
And finally, we reach this teams original source of sauce, the Avalugg. Most of what you see is fairly average, what with Body Press, Rapid Spin and Recover. However, you'll have noticed the Mirror Coat. This is by no means a necessary move, and could easily be switched out for something like Iron Defense to boost its Body Press, or Avalanche so it can hit Ghost types. But to me, this Mirror Coat is some tech which, while not completely necessary, can completely wipe a strong special attacker such as Raichu-A, Indeedee, Hatterene, or Keldeo off of your opponent's team if they're not expecting it. Considering Avalugg's pitiful Special Defense, any strong special attack will activate Sturdy, allowing it to hit back HARD with Mirror Coat. However, be sure that you only try to pull this tech off if hazards are not up, because for the most part, it will need to be removing hazards instead of dealing damage.

That wraps up my analysis of the Icy Drip Offense Ice team. I hope you enjoy the team if you end up using it, and I hope to god this analysis didn't come off as dickish, know-it-all or smug, because I really have no reason to be acting smug when I'm hot shit lmfao

Last edited:

maroon

free palestine
RMT & Mono Leader
Wow thanks everyone for submitting teams so quickly! To reward all of your hard work I decided to finish this update as quickly as I could. Lets get down to it!!

Bug
:ss/shuckle::ss/volcarona::ss/scizor::ss/heracross::ss/ribombee::ss/galvantula:
The team is made by Splash. This team pretty much covers everything that I wanted. The Shuckle is a standard suicide lead, Volcarona has Quiver Dance + Roost and Fire STAB + Psychic coverage. This allows Volcarona to take on Pokemon such as Keldeo and Toxapex, which would otherwise wall it. Galvantula covers the team's Water weakness through Agility + 3 Attacks, which if played right can blow through Water teams, bar priority users. Ribombee similarly to Galvantula covers the Dragon matchup after Dragalge or Goodra have been weakened or taken out. Swords Dance Scizor and Choice Scarf Heracross are fairly standard and compliment the team here.

HO Bug: https://pokepast.es/c6e0839bc32cd4b1

Dragon
:ss/duraludon::ss/dragalge::ss/dragapult::ss/hydreigon::ss/noivern::ss/dracovish:
I used the team Harpp submitted as a base but tweaked a few things. The first thing was to change some of Dragalge's EVs and IVs. The EVs now allow Dragalge to always secure an OHKO on Gardevoir after Stealth Rock chip with Sludge Wave. The IVs allow Dragalge to under-speed Toxapex, allowing it to safely Flip Turn into a different teammate. Secondly, I changed Dragapults Lonely nature into Adamant, because Lonely is bad unless its a mixed set, which this is not. I changed Hydreigon into Flash Cannon over Substitute, this is due to the increased usage in Fairy and between Hydreigon and Dracovish, Substitute should not be needed to deal with Steel teams. Then I made Noivern into the Choice Scarf set to give the team some Speed control because I made Dracovish into Choice Band.

Dragon Dance Dragapult ft Dragalge: https://pokepast.es/1e3bdc66e4c2dfcf

:ss/duraludon::ss/dracovish::ss/kyurem::ss/dragapult::ss/hydreigon::ss/goodra:
For this team I tweaked a version of what adjustments & Harpp submitted to better fit as a sample team. They both had parts of the Dragon I wanted, Harpp used the right Defensive Duraludon and Heavy-Duty Boots Kyurem, while Adjustments remembered to have Defog on Hydreigon, and the right Attack EVs on Goodra to OHKO Volcarona. Since Goodra is here and can take care of Volcarona I decided to make Dragapult into Leftovers, mostly due to what Splash said, the main use of Dragon Fang Dragapult is to OHKO Volcarona before a boost. However, that is not needed here to I went for longevity.

Dragon Dance Dragapult ft Goodra: https://pokepast.es/6d2d5c22472614cd

Fighting
:ss/cobalion::ss/terrakion::ss/keldeo::ss/hawlucha::ss/toxicroak:

Not much to say here, this team is fairly solid and standard. I like Toxicroak right now as Fairy is fairly dominant and this can take on Hatterene, which otherwise beats all the other Pokemon here. Thanks for the submission Harpp.

Bulk Up Urshifu-S Fighting: https://pokepast.es/2f8005e453edfbf6

Flying
:ss/mantine::ss/togekiss::ss/mandibuzz::ss/skarmory::ss/noivern::ss/corviknight:
This team was made by Attribute, it displays a solid defensive backbone in Mantine, Mandibuzz, Skarmory, and Corviknight. This allows the team to switch into a variety of attacks, being able to between them take on almost all types bar Electric. Togekiss and Noivern provide some offensive presence with Togekiss acting also as a stallbreaker, being able to beat down other teams defensive core such as Poison teams, while Noivern can take stuff like Kyurem and unboosted Dragapult out for the team. Only change I made was to give Noivern a Choice Scarf, giving the team a form of Speed control.

Balanced Flying: https://pokepast.es/38b2f43e5ea8113c

Water
:ss/pelipper::ss/seismitoad::ss/keldeo::ss/barraskewda::ss/cloyster::ss/toxapex:
This is another sample submitted by Splash. Choice Specs Pelipper is a fantastic wallbreaker especially in matchups such as Poison, where the rest of the team can struggle. It also can provide Defog in clutch, allowing Cloyster to keep its Focus Sash intact. Seismitoad can take on Electric Pokemon, provides an Electric immunity, and abuses Swift Swim. Keldeo can break down walls with CM + Taunt such as Toxapex and Mantine, as well as breakthrough Pokemon such as Chansey for the team. Barraskewda is an impressive attacker with the ability to gain momentum for the team with Flip Turn. Cloyster is much more consistent in taking on Dragon teams then Kingdra is, while also providing Speed outside of the rain. Finally, Toxapex serves as a Toxic Spikes absorber and it can pivot into attacks to activate Eject Button, allowing its teammates to better take advantage of the rain.

Swift Swim Offense: https://pokepast.es/7620c2b2b893f500

Other notes: Bisgit I ultimately decided not to use your Ice team because Choice Scarf Alolan Grudge Ninetales lost its surprise factor (at least amongst experienced monotype vets) and is not that good anymore. Also while I realize Splash and Attribute did not post in this thread, his teams were exactly what I was looking for. However, still please use this thread for future submissions, thanks in advance!

Thanks again everyone for submitting samples so fast. A few notes I have is that I took a Shuckle Bug team from Splash if you wanted to submit another Bug team that is fine, however, the Bug team must have Sticky Web Araquanid. I have looked through everything that was submitted. Thanks again for the submissions, I will look at other suggestions for samples after this. However, from now on I would like some justification as to why the archetype you submitted should be a sample.

Sticky Web Araquanid Bug
justification: I believe maroon asked for one I didn't know if you guys had already found one, I made this team with different sets such as band Scizor and Scolipede to give people trying out samples different options for mono bug

:ss/galvantula: :ss/scolipede: :ss/heracross: :ss/scizor: :ss/volcarona: :ss/araquanid:

Scolipede @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Protect/Swords dance
- Poison Jab/Earthquake
- Megahorn

Scizor @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Dual Wingbeat/Superpower
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch

Timid Nature
- Fiery Dance
- Psychic/Bug Buzz
- Roost/Gain Drian
- Quiver Dance

Heracross @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Knock Off/Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Galvantula @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Timid Nature
- Agility/Stick Webs
- Thunder
- Energy Ball
- Bug Buzz

Araquanid @ Focus Sash
Ability: Water Bubble
Jolly Nature
- Sticky Web
- Liquidation
- Magic Coat
- Leech Life/Mirror Coat

Volcarona functions as the primary late-game setup sweeper able to beat steel after webs are up along with poison, water, fighting, psychic, and electric depending on the set.

Scizor is the revenge killer of the team along with being able to destroy rock, fairy, and ice with its signature Technician boosted Bullet Punch. Scizor also has a super-strong stab u-turn that allows it to pivot out and gain momentum. Scizor also tasks advantage of sticky webs being able to be out speed mons it normally shouldn't and do a lot of damage with its other moves.

Heracross as bug's Scarf user allowing it to take full advantage of its ability moxie along with sticky webs form provided from Araquanid is able to outspeed most scarf users in the current meta.

Araquanid is the suicide lead for this team Magic Coat being able to block taunt and other hazard sets up while it haveing a super-strong attack, liquidation being able to hit very hard. Araquanid is also the main sticky webs setter of this team, the last move is more optional as mirror coat can do a lot of damage while leach life can help regain health.

Galvantula this is a set I have seen quite a bit of recently agility allows Galvantula to outspeed most of the meta and with webs up it is able to do a lot of damage to water if played correctly. Other items such as e belt or lif orb are other options for items if you want to extra damage but Heavy-Duty Boots are very useful. Galvantula can also run webs as a secondary webs setter but I think agility is more useful.

Scolipede is another late-game sweeper that significate helps with fire teams, sword dance is very useful to help boost is already good attack but protect is also super useful. This spot can also be swapped out for Ribombee to help with the dragon matchups and gives another setup sweeper to the team.

:ss/ribombee:

Ribombee @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Shield Dust
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Energy Ball
- Quiver Dance
- Psychic

Last edited:
dang idk how to do this right, but i guess i will fix it later. i put an export thingy i guess lol.

Drapee-on-u (Drapion) @ Scope Lens
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def
Adamant Nature
-Leech Life - Cross Poison - Night Slash - Substitute

Incinewhore (Incineroar) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 116 HP / 252 Atk / 140 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out - Iron Head - Knock Off - Flare Blitz

Sablaight (Sableye) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Calm Nature IVs: 0 Atk
- Encore - Hex - Recover - Toxic

Mandibrrrrt (Mandibuzz) (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Big Pecks
Impish Nature IVs: 0 Atk
- Defog - Roost - Toxic - Substitute

Urshitsfools (Urshifu) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Wicked Blow - Drain Punch - Sucker Punch - Iron Head

Umbrrrrt (Umbreon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Impish Nature
- Heal Bell - Wish - Protect - Foul Play

dang idk how to do this right, but i guess i will fix it later. i put an export thingy i guess lol.

Adamant Nature

Adamant Nature

Jolly Nature

Impish Nature
Here is the fixed format Severeelite97 also no nicknames, and I would also suggest you give the team a name such as balanced dark or so on and possibly a short description for each mon and the reason for their eves

:ss/drapion: :ss/incineroar: :ss/sableye: :ss/mandibuzz:
:ss/umbreon:

Drapion @ Scope Lens
Adamant Nature
-Leech Life
- Cross Poison
- Night Slash
- Substitute

Incineroar @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Flare Blitz

Sableye @ Leftovers
- Encore
- Hex
- Recover
- Toxic

Mandibuzz (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
- Defog
- Roost
- Toxic
- Substitute

Urshifu @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Wicked Blow
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect
- Foul Play

Last edited:
Balance Ghost Team
1599155034173.png
1599155058473.png
1599155064253.png
1599155070275.png
1599177178883.png
1599155104744.png

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 180 Atk / 180 Def / 148 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- King's Shield
- Gyro Ball
- Shadow Claw
- Sacred Sword

Dragapult @ Power Herb
Jolly Nature
- Phantom Force
- Dragon Darts
- Dragon Dance
- Psychic Fangs

Chandelure @ Life Orb
EVs: 128 HP / 128 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Ability: Disguise
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Play Rough
- Shadow Sneak

Sableye @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Knock Off
- Encore
- Recover

Polteageist @ White Herb
Ability: Weak Armor
Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Stored Power
- Shadow Ball
- Giga Drain

This is a really fun balance team, with some heavy-hitters, and some nice utility characters in Aegislash and Sableye.
I was messing around with this team and was finding a lot of success. The only mon I struggled with killing is Drapion. Ghost's weaknesses are Ghost and Dark, so mons like Mimikyu and Sacred Sword Aegislash are helpful.

Aegislash has a great ability in Stance change, with not switching to sword form until he's about to attack, making it so that faster opponent doesn't do as much damage if you used Kings Shield last turn. Shadow Claw and Gyro Ball are both good STAB moves, and Sacred Sword is to kill Dark types when Mimikyu is down.

Dragapult is just a powerhouse, 1 Dragon Dance and a Phantom Force will do massive damage, with the power herb Phantom Force will activate immediately, not giving your opponent time to switch out. Psychic Fangs is for Poison types teams.

Chandelure has great dmg, and an opportunity to set up Calm Mind behind a substitute, doing great dmg with his STAB moves. You can run Energy Ball instead of substitute to counter water types, but then you have to look for openings to use Calm Mind. I prefer Heat Wave over flamethrower for the extra power.

Mimikyu is just the simple use Swords Dance then rip everything tactic. SW off the bat isn't always the best however. Getting a kill first with Shadow Sneak can be more important, As a small part of damage does go through the Disguise, and a setup enemy can still do a chunk of damage you'd rather not have.

Sableye is extremely annoying for everyone, with all his move except Knock Off having extra priority from Prankster. I like using Encore for times when the enemy use moves that don't do damage or to lock a pokemon into a move that doesn't do much, forcing them to either switch or take the damage from burn and STAB Knock Off.

Polteageist is a little delicate, but when your opponent makes one slip up, you get the chance to Shell Smash and the do massive dmg. Stored Power goes up to a power of around 120 after 1 Shell Smash, and Giga Drain will increase the longevity of Polteagist, as well as doing solid dmg to water types.

This is my first team concept. Overall a really fun team to play. Wish Banette and Mega were still in gen 8 though, Prankster Mega Banette would be even more fun than Sableye.

Balance Dark Team
1600968243426.png
1599682580957.png
1599682654702.png
1599682685399.png
1599682705540.png

Zarude
Ability: Leaf Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Atk / 56 Def
Impish Nature
- Bulk Up
- Power Whip
- Acrobatics
- Jungle Healing

Grimmsnarl @ Light Clay
EVs: 128 HP / 128 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Spirit Break
- Leech Life

Weavile @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Low Kick
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Brave Bird
- Taunt
- Roost

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Dark Pulse

Urshifu @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Wicked Blow
- Close Combat
- Detect
- Poison Jab

I have been playing this team a lot, and its incredibly fun.

Bulk Up Zarude is great, being able to make himself a Physical Tank while also healing himself. I gave him no Item and Acrobatics, but this could be switched out for a Chople Berry and Darkest Lariat. Jungle Healing heals consistently as well as giving the added bonus of curing statuses, however Synthesis could be run instead for more healing, but losing the status curing ability.

Grimmsnarl has Reflect and Light Screen, along with his fantastic ability in Prankster, giving those two moves priority. I opted to go for Leech Life over Thunder Wave to increase his life span.

Weavile is pretty standard with Icicle Crash just being a great STAB move, along with Knock Off. Ice Shard gives a little priority, and Low Kick gives a bigger range of moves, as well as being great for ice teams, being super effective and doing lots of damage in itself as ice types are generally heavier.

Mandibuzz is pretty tanky, and a resistance to bug and fighting is nice as well. Defog helps get rid off Stealth Rock and other things. Brave Bird is dmg, taunt stops setup sweepers, and roost keeps him in good health.

Hydreigon has a massive SpA stat with the Choice specs, going up to the 500's. Dragon and Dark Pulse are for STAB, while flash cannon hits Fairy, his biggest weakness. Earth Power just gives variety, as well as the chance to lower the opponents SpD, making the opponent more susceptible to his attacks.

Urshifu is the Wallbreaker. Wicked Blow and Close Combat are good STAB, while Poison Jab hits his biggest weakness in Fairy. I run Life Orb for overall power maxing, but a Roseli Berry is also an option, making him a fairy type revenge-killer potentially. Detect just gives move-scouting, and the opportunity to take a powerful move that lowers the opponents stats like Close Combat or Draco Meteor. A really enjoyable dark team, and a little unorthodox. Got some of these suggestions from kakaks and Maki. Have fun!

Balanced Ground
Golurk @ Assault Vest
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Dynamic Punch
- Earthquake
- Poltergeist
- Fire Punch

Excadrill @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Rush
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake
- Shadow Claw

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk /252 Def
Impish Nature
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Yawn
- Iron Head

Sandaconda @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Spit
Careful Nature
- Iron Defense
- Body Press
- Rock Slide
- Glare

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
Impish Nature
- Megahorn
- Rock Slide
- Fire Punch
- Swords Dance

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Outrage

Ground is such a fun type. Unlike other types, there are so many options to use like Quagsire, Sandslash, Flygon, Mudsdale, Rhydon, Mamoswine, and Steelix to name a few. The mons I chose are more on preference than viability or skill, so bear with me. I really wanted to make a balanced team, as my other ones lean towards the offensive. Golurk is my SpD tank, and Hippodon is my Def tank. Excadrill and Krookodile are my Speed Control, and Rhyperior is a semi-wallbreaker.

Golurk. A personal favorite mon, having three immunities in Normal, Fighting, and Electric. Electric ard normal aren't that big of a deal but Fighting is very helpful so I can switch out of a super-effective Fighting attack from Drill, Rhyperior, or Krook. No Guard ensure Dynamic Punch always hits, which has a 100% chance of confusion, which has saved me a number of times. Poltergeist and Earthquake are STAB, and Fire Punch hits two of his weaknesses in grass and ice. I put as many points into SpD as I could, so he can take Scalds and Giga Drains aplenty. I even took a +2 Giga Drain from Volcarona. An alternative set can be run with Iron Fist and Drain Punch instead, but I prefer Dynamic over Drain.

Excadrill. Absolutely necessary on all Ground teams. I originally went for Scarf over Band, but my speed went over to a whopping 900 something in sand, and that seemed a little excessive. I gave him as many coverage moves as possible. Iron Head and Earthquake are STAB, and Poison jab and Shadow Claw are more coverage. Not very complicated, just send him out in sand and wreck.

Hippowdon. The main sand setter of the team. I've found that using SR turn one isn't always the best and that Yawn can be a better play at first. SR is helpful chip damage for the whole team that everyone appreciates. Slack of gives good recovery and Iron head is solid as well as having a flinch chance. I had originally used Heavy Slam, but this team struggles a bit with Ice types, which have a lot of heavy mons live Avalugg and Abomansnow.

Sandaconda. The second Def Tank. Iron Defense + Body Press makes it a terrifying Def wall and attacker. Rock Slide deals with Pesky flying type mons that will try take Body Presses. Glare cuts the opponents speed stat in half, allowing Sandaconda to outspeed some enemies. It also has a chance to prevent attacks from the opponent, giving Conda more time to setup.

Rhyperior. A very mixed mon. Great ability in Solid Rock makes it a bit easier with his two glaring weaknesses in grass and water. Swords Dance is setup, and you can usually get at least one off with his tankiness. Megahorn and Fire Punch are coverage, megahorn hitting Zarude and Indeedee, and Fire Punch hitting Skarmony and Ferrothorn. Rock Slide is his STAB move. I had tried Rock Wrecker for a bit, and while it does massive damage, it gives my opponent a free turn to do whatever, and you can’t switch while recharging.

Krookidile. This last spot was fought over by some other mons like Flygon and Sandslash, but in the end I went for the Dile. With Scarf he becomes my speed-control, and his wide array of coverage moves lets him hit almost everything at least neutrally. Try to send him out on Physical attacker so Intimidate gets used, Moxie could be viable, but a threatening mon could force you to switch and lose your boost.

This is just what I wanted to do with Ground. As I’ve said before Ground is one of those types with tons of viable mons, these are just the ones I wanted to use. Have fun and thanks for reading

Last edited:

mushamu

God jihyo
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Figured a Steel team with removal would be nice to have on samples so I made a fairly standard one:

Balance Steel
:ss/aegislash: :ss/cobalion: :ss/ferrothorn: :ss/corviknight: :ss/jirachi: :ss/excadrill:
Aegislash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Shadow Ball
- King's Shield

Cobalion @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch
- Close Combat

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Power Whip

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Substitute
- Brave Bird
- Roost

Jirachi @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Trick
- Moonblast

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
This is what I imagine standard Steel to look like right now. Cobalion is by far the best Choice Scarf user on the type, and Stealth Rock is compressed into it so that Ferrothorn can run Knock Off and Spikes on the same set (you need Power Whip and Leech Seed). Bisharp falling off on Steel teams generally means that they will have a harder time finding a feasible Knock Off user, although it is a valuable utility move to have so I tried fitting it on Ferrothorn and giving up Protect. Choice Specs Jirachi is the special wallbreaker on the team, and forms an offensive core with Cobalion that is great in many matchups, Dark, Dragon, and Normal to name a few. Cobalion scares things out and brings Jirachi in to wallbreak against Pokemon like Braviary and Mandibuzz, or even get off a Trick to make sure Blissey isn't completely free against Normal. SubRoost Corviknight is extremely obnoxious for PP stalling although U-turn or Taunt work in that slot too. Excadrill is Leftovers + Rapid Spin for setup and some sort of hazard removal, notably preventing Sticky Web against Bug and Spikes stack against Steel, Grass, and Fairy, as this team cannot punish the Spikers as the Steel team that is on samples right now. I figured you didn't really need Choice Specs Aegislash if you've already got Choice Specs Jirachi, so this team has SubToxic Aegislash to serve as the cornerstone and spread status. I don't have a lot of replays right now as I put it together at 12 AM but I can scrape some together against some standard teams if needed be.

Some games I played on ladder:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8monotype-1195496259
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8monotype-1195497020
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8monotype-1195495381

maroon

free palestine
RMT & Mono Leader
This will be the last wave of samples being added for quite a while. I am going to lock this thread for an indefinite amount of time in time for the Crown Tundra DLC. Anyway, let's get into it!
Sticky Web Araquanid Bug
justification: I believe maroon asked for one I didn't know if you guys had already found one, I made this team with different sets such as band Scizor and Scolipede to give people trying out samples different options for mono bug

:ss/galvantula: :ss/scolipede: :ss/heracross: :ss/scizor: :ss/volcarona: :ss/araquanid:

Scolipede @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Protect/Swords dance
- Poison Jab/Earthquake
- Megahorn

Scizor @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Dual Wingbeat/Superpower
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch

Timid Nature
- Fiery Dance
- Psychic/Bug Buzz
- Roost/Gain Drian
- Quiver Dance

Heracross @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Knock Off/Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Galvantula @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Timid Nature
- Agility/Stick Webs
- Thunder
- Energy Ball
- Bug Buzz

Araquanid @ Focus Sash
Ability: Water Bubble
Jolly Nature
- Sticky Web
- Liquidation
- Magic Coat
- Leech Life/Mirror Coat

Volcarona functions as the primary late-game setup sweeper able to beat steel after webs are up along with poison, water, fighting, psychic, and electric depending on the set.

Scizor is the revenge killer of the team along with being able to destroy rock, fairy, and ice with its signature Technician boosted Bullet Punch. Scizor also has a super-strong stab u-turn that allows it to pivot out and gain momentum. Scizor also tasks advantage of sticky webs being able to be out speed mons it normally shouldn't and do a lot of damage with its other moves.

Heracross as bug's Scarf user allowing it to take full advantage of its ability moxie along with sticky webs form provided from Araquanid is able to outspeed most scarf users in the current meta.

Araquanid is the suicide lead for this team Magic Coat being able to block taunt and other hazard sets up while it haveing a super-strong attack, liquidation being able to hit very hard. Araquanid is also the main sticky webs setter of this team, the last move is more optional as mirror coat can do a lot of damage while leach life can help regain health.

Galvantula this is a set I have seen quite a bit of recently agility allows Galvantula to outspeed most of the meta and with webs up it is able to do a lot of damage to water if played correctly. Other items such as e belt or lif orb are other options for items if you want to extra damage but Heavy-Duty Boots are very useful. Galvantula can also run webs as a secondary webs setter but I think agility is more useful.

Scolipede is another late-game sweeper that significate helps with fire teams, sword dance is very useful to help boost is already good attack but protect is also super useful. This spot can also be swapped out for Ribombee to help with the dragon matchups and gives another setup sweeper to the team.
:ss/ribombee:

Ribombee @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Shield Dust
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Energy Ball
- Quiver Dance
- Psychic
Hi, thanks for the suggestion, however this is not what I was looking for. Right off the bat I would prefer if sample teams did not have so many slashes on them. Secondly it has some weird sets and did not feature Swords Dance Scizor. I will be using a team I made instead thanks for the submission.

Araquanid Bug: https://pokepast.es/4c85ed178b3c936e

Adamant Nature

Adamant Nature

Jolly Nature

Impish Nature
As Attitude Adjuster said, this does not really fit how I want any sample submission to be formatted. Also picks like Umbreon and Hex Sableye are frankly just not good. I think the Dark team we have is good for now. I will not be using this sample.

Balance Ghost Team
1599155034173.png
1599155058473.png
1599155064253.png
1599155070275.png
1599177178883.png
1599155104744.png

Aegislash @ Leftovers
EVs: 180 Atk / 180 Def / 148 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- King's Shield
- Gyro Ball
- Shadow Claw
- Sacred Sword

Dragapult @ Power Herb
Jolly Nature
- Phantom Force
- Dragon Darts
- Dragon Dance
- Psychic Fangs

Chandelure @ Life Orb
EVs: 128 HP / 128 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Ability: Disguise
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Play Rough
- Shadow Sneak

Sableye @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Knock Off
- Encore
- Recover

Polteageist @ White Herb
Ability: Weak Armor
Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Stored Power
- Shadow Ball
- Giga Drain

This is a really fun balance team, with some heavy-hitters, and some nice utility characters in Aegislash and Sableye.
I was messing around with this team and was finding a lot of success. The only mon I struggled with killing is Drapion. Ghost's weaknesses are Ghost and Dark, so mons like Mimikyu and Sacred Sword Aegislash are helpful.

Aegislash has a great ability in Stance change, with not switching to sword form until he's about to attack, making it so that faster opponent doesn't do as much damage if you used Kings Shield last turn. Shadow Claw and Gyro Ball are both good STAB moves, and Sacred Sword is to kill Dark types when Mimikyu is down.

Dragapult is just a powerhouse, 1 Dragon Dance and a Phantom Force will do massive damage, with the power herb Phantom Force will activate immediately, not giving your opponent time to switch out. Psychic Fangs is for Poison types teams.

Chandelure has great dmg, and an opportunity to set up Calm Mind behind a substitute, doing great dmg with his STAB moves. You can run Energy Ball instead of substitute to counter water types, but then you have to look for openings to use Calm Mind. I prefer Heat Wave over flamethrower for the extra power.

Mimikyu is just the simple use Swords Dance then rip everything tactic. SW off the bat isn't always the best however. Getting a kill first with Shadow Sneak can be more important, As a small part of damage does go through the Disguise, and a setup enemy can still do a chunk of damage you'd rather not have.

Sableye is extremely annoying for everyone, with all his move except Knock Off having extra priority from Prankster. I like using Encore for times when the enemy use moves that don't do damage or to lock a pokemon into a move that doesn't do much, forcing them to either switch or take the damage from burn and STAB Knock Off.

Polteageist is a little delicate, but when your opponent makes one slip up, you get the chance to Shell Smash and the do massive dmg. Stored Power goes up to a power of around 120 after 1 Shell Smash, and Giga Drain will increase the longevity of Polteagist, as well as doing solid dmg to water types.

This is my first team concept. Overall a really fun team to play. Wish Banette and Mega were still in gen 8 though, Prankster Mega Banette would be even more fun than Sableye.

Balance Dark Team
View attachment 277717
1599682580957.png
1599682654702.png
1599682685399.png
1599682705540.png

Zarude
Ability: Leaf Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Atk / 56 Def
Impish Nature
- Bulk Up
- Power Whip
- Acrobatics
- Jungle Healing

Grimmsnarl @ Light Clay
EVs: 128 HP / 128 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Spirit Break
- Leech Life

Weavile @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Low Kick
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Brave Bird
- Taunt
- Roost

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Dark Pulse

Urshifu @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Wicked Blow
- Close Combat
- Detect
- Poison Jab

I have been playing this team a lot, and its incredibly fun.

Bulk Up Zarude is great, being able to make himself a Physical Tank while also healing himself. I gave him no Item and Acrobatics, but this could be switched out for a Chople Berry and Darkest Lariat. Jungle Healing heals consistently as well as giving the added bonus of curing statuses, however Synthesis could be run instead for more healing, but losing the status curing ability.

Grimmsnarl has Reflect and Light Screen, along with his fantastic ability in Prankster, giving those two moves priority. I opted to go for Leech Life over Thunder Wave to increase his life span.

Weavile is pretty standard with Icicle Crash just being a great STAB move, along with Knock Off. Ice Shard gives a little priority, and Low Kick gives a bigger range of moves, as well as being great for ice teams, being super effective and doing lots of damage in itself as ice types are generally heavier.

Mandibuzz is pretty tanky, and a resistance to bug and fighting is nice as well. Defog helps get rid off Stealth Rock and other things. Brave Bird is dmg, taunt stops setup sweepers, and roost keeps him in good health.

Hydreigon has a massive SpA stat with the Choice specs, going up to the 500's. Dragon and Dark Pulse are for STAB, while flash cannon hits Fairy, his biggest weakness. Earth Power just gives variety, as well as the chance to lower the opponents SpD, making the opponent more susceptible to his attacks.

Urshifu is the Wallbreaker. Wicked Blow and Close Combat are good STAB, while Poison Jab hits his biggest weakness in Fairy. I run Life Orb for overall power maxing, but a Roseli Berry is also an option, making him a fairy type revenge-killer potentially. Detect just gives move-scouting, and the opportunity to take a powerful move that lowers the opponents stats like Close Combat or Draco Meteor. A really enjoyable dark team, and a little unorthodox. Got some of these suggestions from kakaks and Maki. Have fun!

Balanced Ground
Golurk @ Assault Vest
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Dynamic Punch
- Earthquake
- Poltergeist
- Fire Punch

Excadrill @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Rush
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake
- Shadow Claw

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk /252 Def
Impish Nature
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Yawn
- Iron Head

Sandaconda @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Spit
Careful Nature
- Iron Defense
- Body Press
- Rock Slide
- Glare

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
Impish Nature
- Megahorn
- Rock Slide
- Fire Punch
- Swords Dance

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Outrage

Ground is such a fun type. Unlike other types, there are so many options to use like Quagsire, Sandslash, Flygon, Mudsdale, Rhydon, Mamoswine, and Steelix to name a few. The mons I chose are more on preference than viability or skill, so bear with me. I really wanted to make a balanced team, as my other ones lean towards the offensive. Golurk is my SpD tank, and Hippodon is my Def tank. Excadrill and Krookodile are my Speed Control, and Rhyperior is a semi-wallbreaker.

Golurk. A personal favorite mon, having three immunities in Normal, Fighting, and Electric. Electric ard normal aren't that big of a deal but Fighting is very helpful so I can switch out of a super-effective Fighting attack from Drill, Rhyperior, or Krook. No Guard ensure Dynamic Punch always hits, which has a 100% chance of confusion, which has saved me a number of times. Poltergeist and Earthquake are STAB, and Fire Punch hits two of his weaknesses in grass and ice. I put as many points into SpD as I could, so he can take Scalds and Giga Drains aplenty. I even took a +2 Giga Drain from Volcarona. An alternative set can be run with Iron Fist and Drain Punch instead, but I prefer Dynamic over Drain.

Excadrill. Absolutely necessary on all Ground teams. I originally went for Scarf over Band, but my speed went over to a whopping 900 something in sand, and that seemed a little excessive. I gave him as many coverage moves as possible. Iron Head and Earthquake are STAB, and Poison jab and Shadow Claw are more coverage. Not very complicated, just send him out in sand and wreck.

Hippowdon. The main sand setter of the team. I've found that using SR turn one isn't always the best and that Yawn can be a better play at first. SR is helpful chip damage for the whole team that everyone appreciates. Slack of gives good recovery and Iron head is solid as well as having a flinch chance. I had originally used Heavy Slam, but this team struggles a bit with Ice types, which have a lot of heavy mons live Avalugg and Abomansnow.

Sandaconda. The second Def Tank. Iron Defense + Body Press makes it a terrifying Def wall and attacker. Rock Slide deals with Pesky flying type mons that will try take Body Presses. Glare cuts the opponents speed stat in half, allowing Sandaconda to outspeed some enemies. It also has a chance to prevent attacks from the opponent, giving Conda more time to setup.

Rhyperior. A very mixed mon. Great ability in Solid Rock makes it a bit easier with his two glaring weaknesses in grass and water. Swords Dance is setup, and you can usually get at least one off with his tankiness. Megahorn and Fire Punch are coverage, megahorn hitting Zarude and Indeedee, and Fire Punch hitting Skarmony and Ferrothorn. Rock Slide is his STAB move. I had tried Rock Wrecker for a bit, and while it does massive damage, it gives my opponent a free turn to do whatever, and you can’t switch while recharging.

Krookidile. This last spot was fought over by some other mons like Flygon and Sandslash, but in the end I went for the Dile. With Scarf he becomes my speed-control, and his wide array of coverage moves lets him hit almost everything at least neutrally. Try to send him out on Physical attacker so Intimidate gets used, Moxie could be viable, but a threatening mon could force you to switch and lose your boost.

This is just what I wanted to do with Ground. As I’ve said before Ground is one of those types with tons of viable mons, these are just the ones I wanted to use. Have fun and thanks for reading
I am not going to use the Ground or Ghost team. The Ground team has many suboptimal Pokemon and sets while the Ghost team features Polteageist, which doesn't really need a sample. For the Dark team, I would not mind adding a Zarude team to Dark samples, however, I will not be using this one. PM me on Smogon or Discord (maroon#1999) if you want to build or have a better Zarude team and I will reconsider adding it to samples.

Figured a Steel team with removal would be nice to have on samples so I made a fairly standard one:

Balance Steel
:ss/aegislash: :ss/cobalion: :ss/ferrothorn: :ss/corviknight: :ss/jirachi: :ss/excadrill:
Aegislash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Shadow Ball
- King's Shield

Cobalion @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch
- Close Combat

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Power Whip

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Substitute
- Brave Bird
- Roost

Jirachi @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Trick
- Moonblast

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
This is what I imagine standard Steel to look like right now. Cobalion is by far the best Choice Scarf user on the type, and Stealth Rock is compressed into it so that Ferrothorn can run Knock Off and Spikes on the same set (you need Power Whip and Leech Seed). Its Choice Scarf and access to Stone Edge allows it to check and threaten Fire-type Pokemon such as +1 Volcarona and Choice Scarf Charizard. Bisharp falling off on Steel teams generally means that they will have a harder time finding a feasible Knock Off user, although it is a valuable utility move to have so I tried fitting it on Ferrothorn and giving up Protect. Choice Specs Jirachi is the special wallbreaker on the team and forms an offensive core with Cobalion that is great in many matchups, Dark, Dragon, and Normal to name a few. Cobalion scares things out and brings Jirachi into wallbreak against Pokemon like Braviary and Mandibuzz, or even get off a Trick to make sure Blissey isn't completely free against Normal. SubRoost Corviknight is extremely obnoxious for PP stalling although U-turn or Taunt work in that slot too. Excadrill is Leftovers + Rapid Spin for setup and some sort of hazard removal, notably preventing Sticky Web against Bug and Spikes stack against Steel, Grass, and Fairy, as this team cannot punish the Spikers as the Steel team that is on samples right now. I figured you didn't really need Choice Specs Aegislash if you've already got Choice Specs Jirachi, so this team has SubToxic Aegislash to serve as the cornerstone and spread status. I don't have a lot of replays right now as I put it together at 12 AM but I can scrape some together against some standard teams if need be.

Some games I played on ladder:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8monotype-1195496259
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8monotype-1195497020
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8monotype-1195495381
I added a line about Cobalion acting as a check to Choice Scarf Charizard and +1 Volcarona to your descriptions. Other than that nice team, will be adding this to the samples.

Tagging Decem to lock this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)