Suspect SS NFE Suspect #3 - Pumped Up Kicks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jett

gn gobodachis
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
(Thanks uhuhuhu7 and Marjane for being normal and not suggesting Big Chungus unlike the rest of council)
:ss/raboot:
Hey frens, the SS NFE Council have decided to test Raboot.​

Suspect Test Reasoning:

Raboot has been consistently strong in the metagame ever since its Hidden Ability was released and the departure of the Electric Mouse (Pikachu) has allowed Raboot to further cement itself as one of the top threats. The combination of Libero and its solid coverage have allowed the Fire Rabbit to excel as an offensive menace. Its Flare Blitz can deal a significant damage to anything which doesn’t resist it, while moves such as Assurance and Double-Edge allow it to break past checks, such as Galarian Corsola and Mareanie respectively, in the right circumstances. Raboot also has access to a STAB boosted Sucker Punch which is able to remove Kadabra and provides its Bulk Up set with some more cleaning power. However its most defining move is U-turn, which lets it pivot and wear down its usual switch-ins and is the cornerstone of its notorious “hit and run” playstyle.

Despite its mediocre bulk, Raboot isn’t particularly difficult to switch in and can be a nuisance to knock out due to some of the tools it has access to. Heavy-Duty Boots is Raboot’s most common item and allows Raboot to spam U-turn and pivot in and out while ignoring its Stealth Rock weakness and avoiding other forms of entry hazards. Libero can also provide some defensive utility by changing Raboot’s typing in order to gain certain resistances. Whilst not necessary, the rise of slow pivots, such as Clefairy, Klang, and Slowpoke, has made it easier than ever to safely bring in offensive threats onto the field.

That being said, Raboot isn’t without its checks and counters. There are a plethora of defensive Water-types in the metagame, which can shrug off most of Raboot’s attacks with ease. In particular, Mareanie and Slowpoke are great defensive answers since they have access to both Recover and Regenerator, making them hard to wear down and avoids losing momentum. Physical walls such as Galarian Corsola and Koffing can comfortably take hits from Raboot so long as they haven’t been worn down and had their Eviolite removed. Knock Off is an extremely common move in NFE and is a massive threat to Raboot, as its ability to pivot becomes significantly more limited without Heavy-Duty Boots.

Raboot also has a few drawbacks with the moves it chooses to use and the set it chooses to run. Despite often having Heavy-Duty Boots, it still gets worn down due to moves such as Flare Blitz and Double-Edge having recoil, which reduces its longevity. Assurance is also a weak move if it doesn’t hit a target which took entry hazard damage that turn. Setup sets often forgo U-turn or lack certain coverage moves making them much easier to immediately answer and Choice Band provides a lot of extra firepower but is extremely vulnerable to hazards and is much easier to pivot around its attacks, once it has locked into a move. Lastly, some users believe that the Fire Rabbit being able to freely U-turn is only a problem because the breakers it allows to safely switch-in are the problem. With that all said, we ask the community whether they think Raboot should be banned.

So why not Machoke, Kadabra, or multiple Pokemon at the same time?

Simultaneous suspects are never ideal as they split the attention between the two (or possibly even more Pokemon). Since the suspected Pokemon are generally deemed to be the strongest in the metagame, they have a great impact on the other Pokemon including each other. To avoid unnecessarily banning multiple Pokemon, simultaneous suspects will never occur except for a few really extreme cases.

Machoke probably remains the most splashable Pokemon in the metagame but its lack of recovery leads it to being worn down pretty easily by the numerous offensive threats in the metagame. Dynamic Punch and confusion is often used as an argument to why Machoke is uncompetitive, but there have been very few scenarios where this has had a significant impact on games. By running this combination it gives up the power provided by Close Combat and makes Machoke a lot more vulnerable to status. Its defensive RestTalk set gives up important coverage moves and is far easier to switch into. Machoke’s lack of speed means it has ample offensive checks and even defensive checks which are able to outspeed it, while the same cannot be said about Raboot.

While Kadabra is undoubtedly one of, if not the best late game cleaner in the metagame, it does struggle to switch in without any specific support, making it difficult to fit onto teams and a lot more one dimensional when compared to Raboot. The Focus Sash set struggles to deal with most defensive threats, including failing to OHKO the Psychic-weak Roselia and Mareanie and needs a lot of team support in order to weaken other defensive Pokemon. On the otherhand, Life Orb is extremely susceptible to priority moves from common Pokemon like Raboot, Thwackey, and Piloswine and will most likely be OHKOed by anything it fails to KO first. Its poor bulk makes it difficult to switch in without pivots, for example, Raboot is able to lure in Mareanie and provide Kadabra a free switch. Kadabra’s potential becomes fully enabled by pivots like Raboot which is also far more splashable and consistent as an offensive threat which is why we chose to suspect Raboot over Kadabra.

Council’s opinions on Machoke, Kadabra, and Raboot can be found here.

Suspect Test Information:
The voting requirements are a minimum GXE of 75 with at least 25 games played.
For this suspect test, a new account starting with NFERAB, such as “NFERAB Quags” must be used to qualify, as we will be using the NFE Ladder. The suspect will end in around 2 weeks time, on the 3rd October 11:59pm EDT, and then we will put up the voting thread in the Blind Voting subforum.

This thread will also be used for posting your voter identification screenshot. Make sure when doing this, you show your alt has met these requirements, as well as proof that the alt belongs to you. When uploading large images, please use a HIDE tag.

When posting in this thread, please keep in mind these rules:
1. No one liners or uninformed posts, unless it is posting that you’ve met the requirements for voting on Raboot.
2. No discussion on other potential suspects or the suspect process
3. Be respectful
Your post will be deleted and possibly infracted if you fail to follow them.

If you have any questions about this suspect, feel free to ask any of the NFE council team. Have fun laddering!

Tagging The Immortal to setup the announcement on PS ladder games. Thanks in advance!

Jett

gn gobodachis
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
"whoops double posted" I mean confirming as NFE Rabiosa
nferab acc.png

I exclusively used a team which Rav3ndan made and won with in the semis of NFEPL, with the only edit I made being Boots Lamp instead of Evio since hazards a bitch even with multiple forms of hazard control on the team. This team has no Thwackey or Raboot present and whilst it does have arguably the most solid answers to both, it showcases that slapping a bunch of the best Pokemon in the metagame works worse than a cohesive team with arguably lesser threats. Raboot is obviously big threat, but it is by no means overwhelming and can be dealt with pretty easily. I feel as if the metagame is in a pretty balanced and competitive state at the moment but I understand the discontent because many people actively hate trying to explore different and even better (in some cases) options when thwackeyboot teams have proven to be very solid, I don't mind the current metagame and from a tiering presepctive, I don't believe that Raboot has proven itself broken except for the early stages of the new metagame and people have quickly adapted and found answers to it so I will be voting No Ban.

Last edited:

xavgb

:xavgb:
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender
1600636590593.png

Never doing this again... if you want the 25 teams I used then click here. Some are better than others and not quite all of them are mine. If you want a longer explanation for some of these teams you might find that in my nfepl teamdump post here.

Literally faced 20 NFERAB alts in this run... pain.

I'll probably edit in thoughts on Raboot later and I'll likely be discussing it in the NFE cord at some point during this test.

I'll probably be voting No Ban on Raboot. Originally in the post-Pikachu meta I did feel Raboot was often overwhelming due to being very fast, hard to chip, and having ways to break its answers with support and different coverage moves, but after building and playing a lot more I've been finding that Raboot is falling off a little in effectiveness. While Raboot is still capable of bypassing its checks in good conditions, I find it still leaves a lot to be desired in actually getting to a point where it can break teams down.

Firstly, Raboot is generally very reliant on its item to perform its intended role, whether that be its Choice Band or HDB. In a tier full of Knock Off, this significantly limits Raboot's opportunities to generate momentum and forces it to stay away from many early games entirely. Additionallly, the Boots variant has some power issues when it comes to being able to force things out - the likes of Vullaby, Corsola, Mareanie, and even Tangela are usually the defensive mons that will spend the most time on the field on most teams, and Boots Raboot struggles to actually generate momentum off them to work towards a meaningful outcome. Between that and Raboot not having especially strong matchups vs other offensive mons (and obviously not really being able to switch in on most of them either) it often just doesn't do much until later in the game. Raboot can still generate momentum off other mons like Klang, Ferroseed, and Hattrem - however it still generally needs to be doubled in on all of these mons as they can all cripple or pivot out of it on the switch. It's definitely not impossible to get Raboot into good positions, in fact with good teammates it's very doable, but getting it in is far from a trivial task, and the opponent will usually have options to keep it out of the game until the lategame.

Raboot also doesn't outright break its checks in the same way that something like Machoke does. Assurance needs hazards up before getting anywhere which is a task in itself, and things like Mareanie are generally super safe as long as they keep their Eviolite (and are paired with any Normal resist for Band Dedge). For the tougher to chip Boots sets, a much wider variety of mons can soft check Raboot if you end up in a bad spot (like Clefairy, Wartortle, bulky Machoke etc). Mons like that are also typically the same things that prevent more niche Raboot sets like Sub Work Up getting out of hand. While it can be difficult to consistently switch into Raboot safely, the same can be said for most of the top offensive threats in the meta, provided they get good support.

Finally, I wanted to talk about Raboot's impact on building in the meta. After building for a while I don't believe Raboot is truly a low cost option. It functions best with good offensive partners, ample Knock Off support, and things that can make progress early in the game where Raboot can't. However, if you want to fit all of these things you generally have to make various compromises when it comes to how you handle things defensively. While the likes of Cors and Vull are very good role compressors, they still have their issues in many matchups if you are overly relying on them, and most other defensive mons similarly need support to function consistently. On the other hand, if you try to use different defensive cores, you often sacrifice the offensive support that Raboot teams in order to break past fatter balances and stalls. Raboot is still probably the most useful catch-all speed control + offensive threat that you can have in the meta, but the lack of Knock Off and the general difficulty with getting momentum with it can make for some awkward matchups. In terms of Raboot partners, Thwackey, Kadabra, and Machoke are commonly brought up. However, of these mons, only Machoke's checks line up well with Raboot's checks, and as such it's generally the best offensive partner Raboot can have. The other two mons can form deadly offensive cores with Raboot in some situations, but they can also end up vulnerable to any opponent just repeatedly going to their switchins on both mons until they can make things happen themselves. Kadabra + Raboot also suffers from a general issue that neither mon really gets things going in that core - sure, if you get one of them in the core starts working, but at the same time neither of those mons like coming in on much in the meta and they still often struggle in 1v1 scenarios. On top of all the natural counterplay to Raboot and co, we have more dedicated answers to the general pivot bulky offenses that Raboot is most commonly seen on, like Fletchinder and Mienfoo. Either way, every team should be packing something to relieve pressure and either prevent excess pivoting or simply make it redundant - that's a part of the meta that goes way beyond Raboot. In general, I find that the better a team is overall, the better it is at dealing with Raboot, and I think that holds true when looking at other builds such as Rav's semi-finals team (one that was notably built around a specific person's scout that revealed no Assurance Raboots, and yet still has several soft-checks for the mon and usually handles most common teams in practice).

TL;DR I agree with Jett

Last edited:

S1nn0hC0nfirm3d

aka Ho3nConfirm3d
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
Screen Shot 2020-09-22 at 11.35.43 AM.png

^actual thread theme, don't listen to the lies above.

BIG CHUNGUS is dumb broke and I probs choked 6ish times till finally hitting 75. I switched from HO to a Fletchinder BO because you legit need a mon that counters BIG CHUNGUS if you aren't using it yourself. BIG CHUNGUS is way too good and inconsequential to punish without something like Flecthinder, but even that risks Double Edge 2HKOing if it lost its Eviolite to say switching into Thwackey earlier; or is just HDB. There's little to nothing that stands in BIG CHUNGUS's way when it has both pivoting and strong neutral coverage to chose from, AND can even boost with Bulk Up sets. I even ran into a couple Choice Scarf sets as speedy variants for the mirror, Kadabra, and stopping setup sweepers. I think that BIG CHUNGUS is a step above Thwackey and two steps above Kadabra when it comes to lacking limitations and checks, and that should be evidence enough to show that BIG CHUNGUS is broken.

TL;DR: I'm gonna vote ban on BIG CHUNGUS.

Team I used for the end haul: https://pokepast.es/e6ead8e2b282e25f

OranBerryBlissey10

is a Tiering Contributor
NUPL Champion
Didn't take me 25 alts this time pog.
1600816389086.png

Apologies to Marj, Ho3n, rav, Miyami, tlenit, Leo and probably 6 million other people I'm forgetting for haxing them during the struggles of nferab and thanks to everyone on ladder for the intense games.

team I used: :Hattrem: :Raboot: :Tangela: :Carkol: :Ferroseed: :Clefairy: https://pokepast.es/04c38fb1d26b7933
Carkol is Carcool

Will edit in my thoughts on Raboot later, which are mixed.

Could have gone undefeated, or at least 24-1 but no I had to try theorizing and that gave me the consequences :|
I wasn’t supposed to post my reqs as I just played to get these building ideas that are pestering my thoughts out(I’ve a personal problem aight), but Tack convinced me pretty well lol. Anyway, things went much more quiet IRL and I could try getting reqs as I have my own opinions on towards Raboot itself. I went almost undefeated with a team until the end, and ngl I’m not happy about my losses but that’s just my own fault. Teams n Thoughts on Raboot will be below there. Anyway just going wait for the voting process, and then leave again peace.

Almost undefeated team( Ty Risin for that based special Raboot wrecking my team)

Me and the boys hate Vullaby

Still trying to experiment Future Sight Duosion

Experimenting Teleport Clefairy with CB Raboot, and Rocks Pilo with Will-o Corsola

Tl;DR Ban the Rabbit.
Raboot is too overwhelming for the tier, very low risk/ mid-high reward and the limited check and people trying to counterplay him is not healthy enough so I’ll vote against him. Gonna miss using him if he gets banned regardless since he did keep some other mons in check and he was one of few good fire mons.

Raboot is going to be a ban for me. Every checks hates to lose their eviolite, which is easy to get rid of; noticeable Machoke that lures Corsola and Mareanie since they act as Knock Off absorbers at times. Even with Eviolite, most of them don't like to switch in assurance w/ rocks damage as assurance increases into a stab 120 bp on SR damage switching in. It doesn’t help where most NFEmons doesn’t like to deal with the Dark/Fire core.

It has a perfect speed tier that outspeeds majority of pokemon with Adamant. The only real noticeable faster pokemon is Kadabra and some degree Linoone(which the former has a hard time switching in, and the latter is very easy to switch in and worn out), and niche ones like Torracat, Seadra, Drakloak which struggles in the meta. Combine Sucker Punch and U turn, Raboot can basically revenge kill everyone and then pivot out on pokemon that’s slower with little consequences. Which reminds me that Heavy Duty Boots invalidates his SR weakness and makes it a pivot that can come in and out with ease, basically the best pivot in the game that won’t suffer any hazard damage. Basically makes it feel like a low risk, high reward in the meta.

There’s two ways I think how you play around Raboot is good.
Having defensive pokemons cored as it’s able to keep up such as Corsola/Mareanie or Mareanie/Tangela. However it gets very limited over what pokemon you can pick from, and you have to take account on the other threats Raboot synergize with that, so while good you don’t really have any good options.
The second is giving some pokemon more setup opportunities at endgame, noticeable Hakamo-O and sometimes Fraxure. An offensive counterplay then could reverse a team. But both of them I mentioned above are still almost-niche picks, and I find them sometimes hard to put into a team. There’s also a limited amount of pokemon you could pick out from, similar reasons with the first way.

I don’t like the direction the checks meta tries to adapt against Raboot. From using soft ones as Lampent, into seeing some people using pokemon with Flame Body as its purpose is to get a chance to get a burn on Raboot. Ugly as hell lmao. Also Resttalk is trash, don’t even try it. The Meta’s is way too offensive and momentum heavy to let Resttalk become a thing. Just seeing it to deal Raboot and his cores makes me feel disgusted.

Honestly I do like Raboot a lot though. Keeping Klang and Thwackey in check is always nice, and it was very neat to have a good offensive fast fire type. Sadly Libero proved it to be too overwhelming for the tier, and therefore I’ll be on the ban side.

Last edited:

SBPC

stranded on an island
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
confirming as NFERAB is bad
Screenshot_20200924-161007.png

lets go ban raboot (actually not saying thoughts is lame but ill edit later)

Throwing my teams in this edit too. The one I used for the bulk of my run utilized Infiltrator Drakloak to help break Raboot checks and opposing sub Raboot without having to give away its set. Otherwise the team is standard enough and speaks for itself.
https://pokepast.es/fb7a2a506eab60a7
Threatlist:
:Mareanie: :Ferroseed: this core is annoying to break but can be done

:Wartortle: its scary, but the team has the tools to deal with it so just dont let it chip you up super bad

:Roselia: this doesnt actually entirely own this team, but its very difficult to prevent it from getting a spike or two up, and you'll have to play smart in order to avoid it walling the bulk of the team.

and a jett team i stole when upper ladder (or what you can call that here, at least) started using more ferromare and i wanted a better, less annoying mu: https://pokepast.es/06c666226eb4df2e

Raboot has been a dominant and nearly oppressive mon since the release of Libero as an ability. It bottle necks the tier with its Heavy Duty Boots pivot, making it extremely unhealthy for the metagame with its ability to easily grab kills with its incredible coverage pool, while creating more than sustainable chip with u-turn on things it doesn't want to face directly. This in turn creates a lot of opportunity for metagame threats such as Kadabra and Thwackey who would otherwise be relatively easy to check. An addition to its already incredible potenial lies in the form of Substitute + Work Up sets, which sacrifices the convenience given from U-Turn, but in its place, you receive the most lethal threat in the entire tier, capable of making short work of everything not named Mareanie. This set can set free on good defensive pokemon in the tier such as Corsola-Galar, and break through its usual offensive checks like Lampent, due to its changing type. Typically, if raboot reaches +2 behind a sub, the game has already ended, unless you have a Mareanie alive. But Mareanie alone cannot justify saying this set is healthy, as a lot of checks to mare exist in the form of Kadabra, Piloswine, etc. Point here is, Raboot's Substitute + Work Up set completes breaks every check it has (especially in late game scenarios), and invalidates one of its counters by transforming it into setup fodder. Ban Raboot.

Last edited:
1601099474814.png

Confirming as NFERAB Holland, not the cleanest reqs by any stretch but I did it

Here was the team I used, just a slightly modified version of a team I built for PL. I started having issues with Tang so I swapped Evio for Grassy Seed on Thwackey and Knock for Acro, and the team worked a lot better this way. It gets 6-0ed by Sub Work Up Boot though.

Thoughts on Raboot + other general meta observations:

:raboot:
I think Raboot is broken, and during laddering I noticed a shift in Raboot sets that pushed Raboot further. Boots 4 attacks is still the best set, especially now that Assurance is getting used more to dunk on Corsola (2hkos after rocks!), simply because it forces very specific counterplay to it in the form of corsola/regen mon, which are pretty abusable since it can just pivot out with STAB U-Turn for Kadabra or something else that forces a switch. I actually think this set is banworthy enough on its own, given that it's so absolutely meta warping by itself that teams are often just Raboot, the things it enables, and physical + special blanket check, but over the suspect period we've seen innovations in Raboot's sets that allow it to break past certain common checks/counters. Sub/Work Up/Blaze Kick/Assurance turns Corsola, the most common answer to Raboot, into free setup fodder thanks to making itself immune to night shade, and that set can often severely dent teams with no Mareanie on them, as sub denies conventional revenge killers to Raboot and Corsola isn't taking that sub down by itself. Scarf + Electro Ball sounds like a meme but it reportedly 2hkos Mareanie and gets to run Assurance for cors since it'll be outspeeding everything regardless and can drop sucker. For scarf specifically it can also just click U-Turn and elect not to reveal its set until it has to, since it'll be doing the same amount of damage as HDB. We have seen adjustments for Raboot, such as the rise of Fletchinder and Carkol as soft checks that can sorta punish U-Turn with Flame Body, but I honestly don't think it's enough compared to the leaps Raboot has seen in terms of check-beating ability. Fletch and Carkol also both can lose to it if flame body doesn't activate, which isn't exactly the greatest quality in a check.

tldr, Raboot is both extremely centralizing and now extremely versatile, able to beat or scare out all of its checks and wraps the meta around itself. Voting Ban here.

And now for other mons/meta observations:

:machoke:
This mon is still incredibly unhealthy, and especially now as it's moved away from flame orb to just clicking DynamicPunch and Knock Off in an attempt to profit off of hax and soften up defensive mons by itself. Like Raboot, Machoke has the option to beat most of its checks by knocking off their evios and having one of the moves required in its two free slots. Knock + Toxic pretty permanently cripples Cors/Vull (and if it runs enough speed it can 1v1 Vull anyways), and it can always run something like Stomping Tantrum to get through Mareanie. Encore is also potentially deadly vs the slower walls it's trying to break, giving it more free turns to spread status, confusion, or remove items. Oh, and Confusion means it has a 33% chance to just beat all its non-Corsola checks with DPunch alone. The one knock I can even make against it is that it just isn't fast, and therefore has to be coming in on a defensive mon, but with things like Raboot that isn't hard, and it has enough bulk to get by for a time if needed.

:thwackey:
I've seen a bit of discussion on Thwackey also being broken and I'm still not really sure where I stand on it. SD + Glide + Pick coverage is very solid, but it struggles to fit everything it wants onto one set, and while Acrobatics is strong, it's telegraphed by grassy seed and the lack of bulk hurts setup opportunities both right away and if it has to switch out later. While it can sweep weakened teams, you usually have to save it to revenge kill things with Grassy Glide like Kadabra and Wartortle. While it's fearsome, I feel like it has to do too much to really sweep and is usually prepared for with blanket answers, so I can't help but feel like Thwackey's better on paper than it is in practice, even if it's still extremely good.

:vullaby:
This mon is lowkey bad but nobody's really ready for that discussion yet. It ends up on a lot of teams simply due to being a decent blanket special check to Kadabra/Tangela, but it just has to do way too much and doesn't have the longevity to pull it off, even with Roost. It doesn't check LO Kadabra well at all and can struggle with Sash if it switches into rocks and is forced to roost super often. Tangela is arguably even worse for it since that gets Knock Off and permanently cripples it if it poisons it with sludge bomb. It also can't really check Machoke either. Whenever Vull comes in on something you'd want it to check, it has to pick between removing hazards and (usually) dying or actually checking the things it needs by roosting until it can switch out. It'll end up on a lot of teams anyways, but I really don't think it's as good as its usage would suggest.

:clefairy:
Clef seems like it's come back into the meta a bit more recently. It has just enough bulk (with eviolite, anyways) to check Raboot and Machoke decently, although losing Eviolite means it's unable to do so consistently. Having Magic Guard is a godsend in this meta where hazard removers aren't really all that good at staying around for the long game, and wishport seems decent as well even if its main role is probably rocks. Neat mon again.

:wartortle:
Wartortle's really come back in the meta again, compared to right after DLC where it was just nowhere. Thwackey being extremely common still hurts it, but it also weirdly helps prevent a Thwackey sweep sometimes because you can't afford to risk your Thwackey when there's a Wartortle in the back that could just counter-sweep if your Thwackey ever dies. Being a special attacker that doesn't care at all about Vullaby is also really nice, and any team lacking Ferro/Mare has to be extremely careful around it if you don't want to lose to a turn of setup.

:gastly:
Okay, I played a lot of games for this suspect and I don't think I saw Gastly even once. Seriously, I saw Drakloak more. It's probably just a casualty of being checked by all the same things Kadabra does while not being nearly as fast or able to switch moves, so all it really has going for it is that it hits really hard. Maybe Scarf could be worth using, but I'm not sure. I'm mostly pointing it out since it's the highest-ranked mon that I just never saw.

I think that should cover it? Fletchinder and Carkol have also been seeing some usage as emergency Raboot checks, but I'm not familiar enough with either of them to really talk about them.

Last edited:
C61D5A73-9942-49BC-AB99-8A6AFD3716F1.jpeg

pain
this was an excruciating time trying to find games. I think raboot is great and borderline broken but it’s the tandem duo of boot/machoke or boot/kadabra that is what is problematic and seriously unhealthy for the meta. In all honesty I think kadabra is the biggest constraint on building but alas it’s not up for suspect here. I still need to consider how I’ll ban, HOWEVER if it was machoke: no ban, kadabra: ban, raboot: undecided, thwackey: no ban
Also people are misusing vull, it can’t serve as a kadabra check if it also has to check tang in the same mu. I think that’s the biggest issue with dab, that it 2hkos everything bar Klang and ferro if you can force the knocks
As for boot, I used a lot of fletch + cors teams for reqs, and as long as you have some semblance of luck, you can neutralise raboot fairly well with flame body and really stop the opponent grabbing momentum. Same goes for thwackey. Mare is also a great check (drop Tspikes and run scald for those sneaky sub setup boots), but it is raboot ability to not be chipped by hazards and continually bring in mons that threaten mare out that is problematic (kadabra and to a lesser extent hattrem and Roselia).
Raboot has definitely made machoke better as well, or vice versa I’m not sure. But the big armed bastard is seeing less use atm, so that’s a positive in some ways.

pce

Last edited:
I hate my life, I hate people who are banning this mon or any mon in this tier more :psyangry:. Ye it sucks to have top-heavy meta, but banning just cause you want change in tier cause it's boring is NOT what you should be doing. Personally, I don't think it's good enough to deserve a ban. But, of course, hatred towards the current state of meta would impact the decision and make people vote ban, but just pleading to vote ban only if you think it's broken and not for other reasons.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)