Project SS NU Boss of the Sauce: Season 2: The Revival and Rebrand @ #264

Abejas

Yo where Ken at
is a Top Tiering Contributor
Hey, so this was my first week playing bots and it was pretty fun (except that one dude who just spammed ninjask and always haxed me). I played 2 games today and idk if that was allowed so i am going to post my score before today and then my score today.

Score before today:
Screenshot_1.png

Score today:
Screenshot_3.png

The team: :miltank: :kangaskhan: :eldegoss: :tangela: :mareanie: :qwilfish:

This week was pretty fun, I tried to have a more defensive approach and try triple regen spikes and normal spam. The idea was to overwhelm normal type resists with miltank and kangaskhan and to still check the vast majority of the metagame. The team really struggled with ninjask (lol) and rotom fan and frost since having 4 pokemon weak to either ice or electric and no resist was a really bad idea.

My creative set for this week was:

:Miltank: (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Milk Drink
- Earthquake
- Double-Edge
- Stealth Rock

Offensive rocks miltank was something I always wanted to try out and it was surprisingly good. This set lets it outspeed stuff like toxicroak and rotoms while also doing massive damage to the aforementioned mons. Offensive Miltank also has enough bulk to check offensive threats such as skuntank, togedemaru and some silvallies. Scrappy is a unique ability that lets it lure in pokemon like Silvally-Ghost, Decidueye and Gourgeist-Small that would like to come in and pressure defensive Miltanks. This ability also lets it ignore intimidate which is fun niche for qwilfish.

Here are some calcs of offensive miltank:
252+ Atk Miltank Double-Edge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Silvally: 162-192 (48.9 - 58%) -- 96.9% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Miltank Double-Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Decidueye: 196-232 (65.9 - 78.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Miltank Double-Edge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Toxicroak: 220-259 (71.6 - 84.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Miltank Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Toxicroak: 244-288 (79.4 - 93.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Miltank Double-Edge vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Fan: 147-174 (48.5 - 57.4%) -- 93.4% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Miltank Double-Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Frost: 147-174 (60.9 - 72.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Miltank Double-Edge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Skuntank: 214-253 (61.6 - 72.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery
252+ Atk Miltank Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Skuntank: 238-282 (68.5 - 81.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery
252+ Atk Miltank Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 116+ Def Qwilfish: 142-168 (42.5 - 50.2%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Miltank Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 116+ Def Qwilfish: 158-188 (47.3 - 56.2%) -- 82.4% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Miltank Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Stunfisk-Galar: 174-206 (41.2 - 48.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

And some replays of the team:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nu-1167566962
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nu-1168448221 here offensive miltank goes nuts.

1597416035044.png

Got busy this week again and only played 6 matches. RIP. Gotta stop letting the week get ahead of me, I always think there is more time and then Aawin rings the bell. Or I should just ladder right at the start and not wait lol.

I used the team that I gave to Aawin for example use:

:wishiwashi-school: :politoed: :miltank: :kangaskhan: :decidueye: :gourgeist-small:

Wishiwashi-School @ Leftovers
Ability: Schooling
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- U-turn
- Scald
- Protect
- Earthquake

Politoed @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Earth Power
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Miltank (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 Spe
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Milk Drink

Kangaskhan (F) @ Silk Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake

Decidueye @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Overgrow
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Shadow Ball
- Leaf Storm
- Nasty Plot

Gourgeist-Small @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Frisk
Jolly Nature
- Power Whip
- Trick
- Poltergeist
- Fire Blast

Creative set for the week wasn't super creative, but it was still neat: Scarf Gourgeist-Small
:ss/gourgeist-small:

Gourgeist-Small @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Power Whip
- Trick
- Poltergeist
- Fire Blast

Allows Gourg to outspeed even scarf Basculin at 489 speed - a great speed control who can still deal a fair bit of damage, as well as ruin a defensive mon like Miltank by tricking scarf.

Last edited:
[
1597426638645.png

Didn't really ladder this week because I was trying freshen up my play and teambuilding for NUL

Rotom-Frost @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Nasty Plot

Stunfisk-Galar @ Leftovers
Ability: Mimicry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb

Meowstic (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Torment
- Protect
- Toxic

Arctozolt @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Volt Absorb
Jolly Nature
- Bolt Beak
- Substitute
- Icicle Crash
- Stomping Tantrum

Dugtrio-Alola @ Leftovers
Ability: Tangling Hair
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Iron Head

Musharna @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Moonlight
- Psychic
- Moonblast

Tried to make the team revolve around speed control and gimmicks. Didn't play much to understand the big problems with the team but I can say it was mainly things like Dark types and some scarfers.

Creative Set:

1597427048261.png

Meowstic (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Torment
- Protect
- Toxic

Though it would be cool to use as a status user and late game win con for scarfers.

Aawin

whole lotta vibes in the city
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
NUPL Champion
Alright yall, after short hiatus, please vote for the creative set!

Rubicon's Arctozolt
Stepbro's Politoed
Ski's Weezing
YoshiBlaze's Maractus
Mari's Hitmontop
Abejas' Miltank
Xero's Gourgeist
Parpar's Meowstic

Reactions: GW

Aawin

NUPL Champion
Off of hiatus now! Congrats to Abejas for winning the creative set with the sick Miltank set! As for the winner of the week, it was a bit odd bc the top two already qualified for the tour, so the third place will be the boss for this week! Congrats to skierdude101 for winning this week! Points are below, bear with me, its a mess.

Boss* / 3rd place - Ski - 1336 Elo- 18 pts*
1st - your____bro - 1371 Elo- 15 pts
2nd - Mariannabelle - 1339 Elo - 13 pts
4th - Abejas - 1330 Elo (I realize you posted two Elos, but laddered after deadline) - 14 pts (11 from placement, 3 for creative set)
5th - Aawin - 1235 Elo - 9 pts
6th - zbird - 1225 Elo - 7 pts
7th - Rubicon - 1212 Elo - 5 pts
8th - Forum banned Cata - 1194 Elo - 3 pts
9th - xerovis - 1162 Elo - 2 pts
10th - Kiyo - 1147 Elo - 1 pt
Everyone else - 1 pt
No participation - schleeby

Week 6 is gonna be up soon, apologies for the delay

*- Ski was boss in 3rd place, therefore the 18 pts are awarded, stepbro and mari have already qualified, so they get points for 2nd and 3rd, while their placement is still first and second

Last edited:

Aawin

NUPL Champion
Welcome to week six everyone! This week is going to be slightly more lax than weeks past, due to how close it is to September shifts. Regardless, here it is

Week 6- Bed, Bath, and Not Fully Evolved

This week, the theme is centered around the mons that are yet to reach their full potential- NFEs.

Your goal- be the best while using two mons labeled "NFE not in a higher tier." As a result of the theme, certain NFEs will not count towards the criteria. These are:

Clefairy
Ferroseed
Gurdurr
Magneton
Piloswine
Thwackey
Hattrem
Kadabra
Mareanie
Mr Mime - Galar
Pawniard
Raboot
Roselia
Tangela
Type: Null

This week will run until August 30th (8/30) at the normal 11:59 PM GMT -4. Please be aware of the time you have to ladder, and do not ladder after the deadline. Points will be deducted and you will potentially be disqualified from the week

Also, I'm trying a new way to sign up for this project to keep the clutter down. For the next three weeks (6-8), you will use the Google Form I will attach to sign up. Once you are on the form, please put in your Smogon name, as well as the name of your BOTS alt. Please do not sign up as a reply to this post.

If this method is not well received, I will revert to the old way.

The link for week 6 signups- https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...lBOOd0yM4PHqqK0s4Xq1cmUA/viewform?usp=sf_link

edit 1- adding Mr. Mime Galar to the list of mons not counting towards criteria

Last edited:
Got DQed for using Gmime as one of my NFEs, but I'll post my heat set anyway:

:ss/flapple:
Flapple @ Liechi Berry
Ability: Ripen
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Endure
- Sucker Punch
- Acrobatics
- Grav Apple

Ripen is cool on Flapple, eating a Liechi Berry basically gives you the equivalent of a free Swords Dance. You won't hit as hard as Hustle DD but you won't have to worry about accuracy, and the lack of speed can be circumvented by running it on Webs like i did.

My team was full of odd sets, I ran Stored Power Alcremie, TrickScarf Orbeetle, itemless Froslass to counter Poltergeist... and Pikachu. Honestly, I think I would've gotten pretty far had I used a different NFE over Gmime (not like Gmime did much anyways).
1598393330892.png

Here's my final ELO, not great but decent for my first BOTS run.

:pikachu::orbeetle::mr-mime-galar::flapple::froslass::alcremie:
Pikachu @ Light Ball
Ability: Static
Naughty Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Knock Off
- Volt Switch

Orbeetle @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Sticky Web
- U-turn
- Body Press

Mr. Mime-Galar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Screen Cleaner
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Freeze-Dry
- Focus Blast
- Rapid Spin

Flapple @ Liechi Berry
Jolly Nature
- Endure
- Sucker Punch
- Acrobatics
- Grav Apple

Froslass (F)
Ability: Snow Cloak
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Triple Axel
- Poltergeist
- Destiny Bond

Alcremie (F) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sweet Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Stored Power
- Draining Kiss
- Calm Mind
- Acid Armor

Aawin

NUPL Champion
Got DQed for using Gmime as one of my NFEs, but I'll post my heat set anyway:

:ss/flapple:
Flapple @ Liechi Berry
Jolly Nature
- Endure
- Sucker Punch
- Acrobatics
- Grav Apple

Ripen is cool on Flapple, eating a Liechi Berry basically gives you the equivalent of a free Swords Dance. You won't hit as hard as Hustle DD but you won't have to worry about accuracy, and the lack of speed can be circumvented by running it on Webs like i did.

My team was full of odd sets, I ran Stored Power Alcremie, TrickScarf Orbeetle, itemless Froslass to counter Poltergeist... and Pikachu. Honestly, I think I would've gotten pretty far had I used a different NFE over Gmime (not like Gmime did much anyways).
View attachment 271572
Here's my final ELO, not great but decent for my first BOTS run.

:pikachu::orbeetle::mr-mime-galar::flapple::froslass::alcremie:
Pikachu @ Light Ball
Naughty Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Knock Off
- Volt Switch

Orbeetle @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Sticky Web
- U-turn
- Body Press

Mr. Mime-Galar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Screen Cleaner
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Freeze-Dry
- Focus Blast
- Rapid Spin

Flapple @ Liechi Berry
Jolly Nature
- Endure
- Sucker Punch
- Acrobatics
- Grav Apple

Froslass (F)
Ability: Snow Cloak
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Triple Axel
- Poltergeist
- Destiny Bond

Alcremie (F) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sweet Veil
Modest Nature
- Stored Power
- Draining Kiss
- Calm Mind
- Acid Armor

brother you aren’t dq’d, just switch your team up, dq’s are only serious infractions

Luck O' the Irish

banned in dc
is a Tiering Contributor
might keep laddering but im at 1400 for now.
1598474883628.png

https://pokepast.es/4bb7a40213caec40

so the plan was just to abuse the brokens (specs croak and decid) and use nfe mons that could get them in for free. vullaby is a discount persian-a that provides defog and a ground resist. all things considered, its a pretty bad defogger bc rocks damage keeps it from checking what it wants to. it also has bad 4mss, it very badly wants tox and foul play as well. its still a fantastic check to golurk and the grass-ghosts, and it does a good job keeping up momentum w uturn. slowpoke does what its older siblings do in higher tiers. keeps up momentum w regen teleport. its fantastic for keeping croak and decid healthy, as it can pivot in on most physical mons in the tier and passive shit to keep croak and decid from getting worn down w chip and status. slowpoke is honestly an usable mon in the tier, if not viable.

croak and decid do what they do, just getting free turns from the nfe's and punching holes in everything. decid's running knock here cause i got 6-0d by teddeh running mareanie stall and figured i'd be better off just uturning into croak on miltank switchins. fisk-g gives rocks, generic thing to throw in front of special attackers, ninjask resist, and volt switch immune. the last slot is the most expendable, just wanted a fast mon to clean. enter throat spray accelgor, its ok. i tried out other fast mons, ditto, and other accel sets but this is the best for the team.

here are some replays of the team in action:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nu-1175899859
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nu-1175810238

enjoyed this week, theres a lot of nfe's that have potential, even if they shouldnt really be used on serious teams

edit: teleport slowpoke for sauce

Last edited:
So this time I used an actually legal team, but didn't get very far with it:

1598578165281.png

Charjabug @ Eviolite
Ability: Battery
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Sticky Web
- Volt Switch
- Toxic
- X-Scissor

Pikachu @ Light Ball
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Knock Off
- Volt Switch

Eldegoss @ Eject Pack
Ability: Regenerator
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Rapid Spin
- Giga Drain
- Pollen Puff

Rotom-Frost @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Volt Switch
- Blizzard
- Pain Split

Silvally-Water @ Water Memory
Ability: RKS System
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Multi-Attack
- Psychic Fangs
- U-turn

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Stomping Tantrum
- Spikes
- Explosion
This time I have Charjabug as my Webber, Eldegoss as my spinner (using a nifty Eject Pack Leaf Storm tech I came up with), Garbodor as a Spiker and Poison check, and Silvally-Water and Rotom-F as breakers. I know, 3 Electric types, but at least they all fulfill different roles and each have different weaknesses (actually, Rotom-F and Charjabug are both weak to Fire and Rock. Oops).

I probably should have kept Froslass as my Spiker from the original team tbh, I just thought denying the opponent Defog opportunities by blowing up in their face was pretty cool. I probably could have kept Alcremie over Rotom-F as well and maybe used a different Silvally forme, but I liked the offensive synergy that the two have and VoltTurn cores are always fun to play around with.

Flapple is still my heat set for this week, I thought that was a really cool and creative set.

Sinistea @ Focus Sash
Ability: Weak Armor
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Stored Power
- Giga Drain
- Shadow Ball

Basculin @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Liquidation
- Flip Turn
- Head Smash

Golurk
Ability: Iron Fist
Jolly Nature
- Poltergeist
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Self-Destruct
I fooled around with Sinistea for a while but it rarely ever got the opportunity to sweep, so I went back to using Pikachu. Basculin was a good wallbreaker with priority, and honestly could've stayed on the team if I felt like it. Being choice locked sucks though, so I swapped it out for Silvally. I tried using Golurk as a rocker, but ended up going back to Garbodor because it never seemed to get its rocks up fast enough. Looking back though, I think having a Normal immunity would have helped a bit more.

Danny

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
ZU Circuit Champion
So after peaking around #6 on the ladder and then resulting to tilt to like 1470, I've decided to cash in for this week. Although we kind of got thrown into the loop by some conflicting messages, we still had a blast with this week and i loved this weeks rule.

Screenshot 2020-08-29 at 11.02.16 PM.png

The Team:
So to piss off Aawin and because this week's rule kind of lent itself to fatter teams, I decided to run stall again. Hate it or love it, stall is an effective method of play, and it was no exception this week. I decided to go with my typical Licky, Quag, Weezing core, and I tested with a few options for defogger/rocker. I tried both Vibrava and Vullaby, and both have their perks but one is obviously superior to the other. I like running a trapper on my stall teams, because they ease the opposing stall matchup, and having tested Politoed last week, I went with the GOAT Marill.

Vibrava @ Eviolite
Careful Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail/U-turn
Finding ways to beat toxicroak/skuntank is kind of like my obsession right now, and I've used Vibrava in PU to some success, so I decided to try it out. The set is pretty basic, just a Spdef Defogger which is kind of underwhelming. It takes 70 from Magneton Flash Cannon and got flinched down by a Skuntank, so I kind of gave up on trying this mon. It has a bad match up against most hazard setters, and is overall dissapointing. If it had just 15 more base Attack it would be decent so it was pretty much a letdown

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Recover
- Curse
The staple, quag beats most physical set up mons 1v1 and always puts in work on stall. I decided to use Curse after Davon sent me a team with Curse Quagsire. The idea is to Curse up in front of Malamar, thus winning the exchange which you would lose with just Toxic. Pretty cool set, I generally use Haze just because it has more PP, but Curse is a cool win condition.

Lickilicky @ Leftovers
Ability: Oblivious
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Knock Off
- Heal Bell
Always a beast on stall, this dude carries the team. It blanket checks most special attackers and gets its wishes/heal bells off for free thanks to Oblivious. It really should be ranked, but we might be getting an even better with passer soon(Aromatisse), which will make him pretty irrelevant. Overall a great mon that does not get enough recognition.

Marill @ Eviolite
Calm Nature
- Whirlpool
- Perish Song
- Toxic
- Rest
Pretty straight forward set, catches walls off guard, and traps them, with Rest to rinse and repeat. Also a great Abomasnow check, that catches those pesky grass types off guard with its Sap Sipper ability. It is also a surprising basculin check, taking around 28 from Hydro Pump and forcing it out with the threat of Toxic. Unfortunately, it does not have coverage for Croak/Skuntank like Politoed, which is the only reason why Politoed would work better. It is very good though and provides the team with two useful immunities to Dragon and Grass.

Weezing @ Black Sludge
Ability: Neutralizing Gas
Bold Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic Spikes
- Rest
This guy always helps on stall as my Tspikes absorber and blanket fighting check. I opted for Neutralizing gas so I didn't lose to Hitmontop on preview, and to get my Toxic Spikes up for free. Overall a staple on my stall teams, it always provides the team with a lot of utility versus offense teams that want to get in for free with will-o-wisp and Tspikes. EVs are straight forward for my defensive utility, 248 to maximize black sludge recovery.

Clefairy @ Eviolite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled
- Knock Off
- Moonblast
SR setter. I think rocks clef sucks, but I needed another fighting check, and a way to knock off items

Only difference with this one is Vullaby and Stunfisk over Clef+Vibrava. A better pair that check more mons. See the sets for more details on them

Vullaby (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Overcoat
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Foul Play
Ok this mon confuses me. It is the best Golurk check at the moment, because it is immune to both STAB and takes around 24 from DPunch and 35 from Stone edge. A great Silvally Check as well, as it live +2 easily and can kill with Foul Play. It puts in work against the right teams, and would be a great defogger... if it wasn't weak to rocks. Taking 25 every time it enters makes it much less useful, also the fact that it needs its eviolite, but that can't be helped. Overall a better mon than Vibrava, and maybe not a better defogger, but still great in this meta. I used this guy's team more than the Vibrava team because with Vullaby I don't lose a mon every time Golurk is in.
Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Recover
- Curse

Lickilicky @ Leftovers
Ability: Oblivious
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Knock Off
- Heal Bell

Marill @ Eviolite
Calm Nature
- Whirlpool
- Perish Song
- Toxic
- Rest

Weezing @ Black Sludge
Ability: Neutralizing Gas
Bold Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic Spikes
- Rest

Stunfisk @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Rest
The Champ. A good rocker in the meta, this set allows to live +2 Focus Blast with ease and kill Toxicroak in return with EP. Also a better Volt immune than Quag, because it does not lose to the Rotom Formes(Barring Frost). Toxic for those non-grounded mons, and Rest for recovery. A decent mon in this tier.It has very good matchups versus a few SpAttackers and a pretty anti-meta to beat Corak/Skuntank. Watch out for flinches from Skunk though.

Marill @ Eviolite
Calm Nature
- Whirlpool
- Perish Song
- Toxic
- Rest
Read above for reasons why this mon is good. So long as its not a physicla attacker/poison type it does well ag it. Very good for surprising those grass types and gives me two immunities, must I say more?

Fun week, unfortunate that I tilted, wanted to top the ladder but alas, everyone caught on to my stall shenanigans and counter teamed me for like 4 games straight. Had a great time and can't wait for next week!

Mariannabelle

chill guy
bots6.png

I wouldn't be Mari if I didn't run Ninjask.
I had Abomasnow on my first rendition of this, but then I realized I could just be more true to the bird theme by adding Decidueye instead.
Days ago, I decided 50 games was a nice, low-stress place to let it sit.

ninjago (birb*1) (Ninjask)
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 100 Def / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- U-turn
- Protect
- Swords Dance
You love it, it loves you. It's Ninjask, it's here to screw with you.

Mask On (Birb2) (Unfezant) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Super Luck
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Night Slash
- Quick Attack
The only thing more threatening than one flying attacker is two flying attackers. Also, this one has a Band and Super Luck. Good luck walling Ninjask after forcing your wall to take hits from THIS multiple times. (Or, go down the faster route and just blow up under the raw power.)

Smack? (birb3) (Farfetch’d-Galar) @ Leek
EVs: 252 Atk / 120 SpD / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Defog
Look, before you call me a madman (which I definitely am), you should check and make sure that Cofagrigus of yours is still intact... Hardly able to take a hit, this guy often will get to Defog once before he goes down. But, whenever he's not sacrificing himself to Defog, he's making you regret your decisions.
L E E K.

Robin (Birb4) (Decidueye) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Overgrow
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Leaf Storm
- Defog
- U-turn
The birdspam is complete with my other defogger. Nice STABs, nice Defog, nice U-turn. Very basic guy, but he gets the job done.

Voltfish V3 (Lanturn) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 140 Def / 208 SpD / 160 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Toxic
- Heal Bell
Faithfully supporting Ninjask from day 1, it's Lanturn. Good luck taking momentum with Volt-Switch, because it's not happening as long as the VOLTFISH has something to say about it. Also supporting with Toxic and cleaning up messes with Heal Bell. Such a bro.

Wertertle (Wartortle) @ Eviolite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 SpA / 8 SpD / 248 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Aura Sphere
Incoming offensive water pick. Before I committed to birdspam and replaced Abomasnow with Decidueye, I was running a utility set with Rapid Spin/Yawn/Flip-turn. After Decidueye took up Defogging, Wertertle decided it was time to just go all in on the offense, and offend it did. Take no prisoners, destroy your enemies. Shell Smash is dumb.

My creative mon pick:
Smack? (birb3) (Farfetch’d-Galar) @ Leek
EVs: 252 Atk / 120 SpD / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Defog

A little more about this guy, I guess. Hey, as far as defoggers go, he isn't terrible. Close Combat lets him threaten the likes of Stunfisk-G, Miltank, Piloswine, Ferroseed... you know, the uglies that throw rocks down. Knock Off is the optimal coverage move. Defog raised some eyebrows for sure, but it got the job done well enough. The real sauce here is the goddamn L E E K, though. Farfetch'd-G has a solid 95 Atk, and when you start throwing Scrappy Close Combats around with a 50% chance to crit, anything that isn't Weezing or Garbodor will be sad. Even COFAGRIGUS, the behemoth, doesn't like switching in; L E E K crits can easily chunk it for half its HP as it comes in, and a L E E K crit on +2 Knock Off has a high chance to just murder it outright. Silvallies that thought they could set up on me find themselves instantly flopping to a L E E K Close Combat. etc.

Damn, this duck is nuts. Also, did I mention L E E K?

1598825691921.png

Fun theme. One of the only few that actually followed it btw.

Gloom @ Eviolite
Ability: Stench
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Strength Sap
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed

Persian-Alola @ Leftovers
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Parting Shot
- Toxic
- Foul Play

Togedemaru @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Lightning Rod
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Zing Zap
- Iron Head
- Nuzzle

in. (Lampent) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Flame Charge

Hitmontop (M) @ Coba Berry
Ability: Technician
EVs: 108 HP / 252 Atk / 148 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Rapid Spin
- Triple Axel
- Close Combat

Clefairy @ Eviolite
Ability: Magic Guard
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Team is straightfoward. Standard stuff plus Lampent and Gloom. Lampent was meant to be a sweeper/wallbreaker while gloom was my phys wall. Lampent really only was just my Weezing switchin and used surprise factor with flame charge. Gloom did great. Coba Berry on Top was for NInjask but I never played any. Croak was really the only thing that gave me problems.

Gloom @ Eviolite
Ability: Stench
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Strength Sap
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed

Vileplume is one annoying mon to deal with due to it's bulk and had great success back in ORAS NU so I tried using Gloom to see if can repeat the magic in this tier. Eviolite is the only thing that hinders it. It can handle every rocker (outside like Cursola). Keeps Phys attackers at bay thanks to sap. Tspike absorber. Due to the lack of steels it's dual stabs are always gonna hit something for decent damage. Alright mon. Hopefully we'll be united with plume again with the September drops tho.
Bonus Replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nu-1175944958

Aawin

NUPL Champion
bots6.png

wanted to ladder more, forgot to hop on

https://pokepast.es/f04b7d4d67d81cae the team, built around big kanga + lampent. fraxure was nice because it has first impression. adopted a skierdude101 classic of mixed cramorant for hazard removal + consistent chip. stunfisk provided rocks, and shiinotic provided epic role compression, giving me a sleep immune, water res, another fighting res, dark res, and secondary electric res + spore and broken strength sap. def the team player. the set I used for creative set is something I like to call "clean cake"

Alcremie (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Safeguard
- Recover
- Dazzling Gleam
- Mystical Fire

same aawinized spread as before, but this was over shiinotic in the initial build. safeguard is sick because it allowed me to play safer around shit like wisp weezing, glare conda, and toxic wishiwashi. also providing itself a neat way to invalidate a turn of lanturn going for toxic.

1599020202094.png

Didn't have too much time to ladder this week so just whipped up a quick kangaspikes team and went to town a few hours before the end. If I had more time would have tried some other stuff cuz the theme left some room for cool innovations!

Whirlipede @ Eviolite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Endeavor
- Protect

Hakamo-o @ Eviolite
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Dragon Tail
- Bulk Up

Cofagrigus @ Kasib Berry
Ability: Mummy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Iron Defense
- Body Press
- Shadow Ball
- Rest

Toxicroak @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dry Skin
Jolly Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Kangaskhan (F) @ Silk Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch

Piloswine @ Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard

Creative Set:
Hakamo-o @ Eviolite
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Dragon Tail
- Bulk Up

I wanted a rest/talk phaser and Hakamo-o has a useful typing. Pretty good at taking a few hits and forcing stuff out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)