Project SS NU Matchmaking: Week 23 - Sirfetch'd

Oathkeeper

"Wait!" he says, do I look like a waiter?
is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Winners

♥:ss/salazzle:♥
:ss/cresselia:CM Cresselia by Socrates1O1 (8 votes)
:ss/decidueye:SD Trapper Decidueye (5 votes)

Cresselia - 8
Decidueye - 5
Flygon - 4
Gastrodon - 3
Braviary - 2
Dhelmise - 2
Bronzong - 1
Celebi - 1

Before I get ahead of myself, the next mon will be around the beginning of April (pending tier shifts at the time of course). Are you proud of me poh?

Oathkeeper

is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Alrighty, let's get this next week going with the next mon that needs some love which is.............

Week 19
:ss/tyrantrum:
Tyrantrum @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake / Close Combat
- Crunch

Voting will begin Wednesday night / Thursday morning

Corthius

diehard hockey fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
:ss/Zoroark:
Zoroark @ Choice Specs
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dark Pulse
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower
- Trick
A rather underused or underexplored pokemon that many seem to overlook or tend to dislike due to its unique playstyle and big brain requirement. Zoroark fits really well on VolTurn teams and bis best partners are pokemon that really enjoy their checks being weakened. Tyrantrum is my favorite partner as they synergize really well in having checks on the opposing side of the defensive spectrum.
Some examples would be Mudsdale and physically defensive Bronzong and nich pokemon like Palossand to check Tyrantrum which Zoroak just blows appart while pokemon like Diancie and Sylveon which would check Zoroark crumble to the power of Tyrantrums Head Smash.

I provide a team for you all to test this core yourself. I hope you enjoy!!
https://pokepast.es/c1a71029ae791917

Last edited:

Danny

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
ZU Circuit Champion
:ss/ninjask:
Ninjask @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 100 Def / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Dual Wingbeat
- Protect
- U-turn

U-Turn on copper and then make the opp play mind games ab whether or not u click CC. Brings in fat shit that Ttrum destroys vape/copper, and also wears down mudsdale for ttrum to go ham. Jask wears down fat mons that Ttrum doesn’t OHKO, and brings in the fat walls that Ttrum is used to wear down for a late game Jask sweep. Good pair.

Last edited:

Katy

Banned deucer.
Entei

:bw/entei:
Entei @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Jolly Nature
- Sacred Fire

- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge

- Toxic

:entei: and :tyrantrum: can profit from each other qwith putting a lot of offensive pressure on the opposing teams with their strong Choice Band-boosted STABs and their coverage options which are also very strong. Sacred Fire can also burn down the opponents while Extreme Speed is a great priority move whzereas Stone Edge can lure and remove Talonflame. Furthermore Toxic is to put pressure on Vaporeon, to make it use Heal Bell.
In overall this core aims to break through the opposing team with immense pressure and banded-boosted STABs to just outright demolish the opposition.

Last edited:

Pokeslice

Thanks for the Dance
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
TP Xatu

:xatu:

Xatu @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Defog
- Roost
- Teleport
CB Tyrantrum's two main drawbacks come from how hard it is to get in for free and how easy it can be to be revenge killed, especially by Fighting-types. Xatu is a fantastic partner to help cover both. With Teleport, you can now get in Tyrantrum easily without having to worry about random coverage options or Scald burns, all while appreciating the Fighting and Ground moves Xatu shrugs off. A cool partner and core to work around.

Last edited:
Bronzong
:ss/Bronzong:
Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 16 SpA / 40 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Body Press
- Psychic
- Toxic​

Bronzong can switch in to ground type and ice type moves. In turn, Tyrantrum can switch into most fire type moves. Stealth Rock helps to chip opposing Pokémon to help wear them down for Tyrantrum to OHKO easily. Body Press is for attacking and takes advantage of your defense. Psychic is STAB. Toxic is also used to help bring opposing Pokémon into range of Tyrantrum's attack.

Last edited:

Lucario

A side must always be chosen
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
reserving starmie

:ss/Starmie:
Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Wallbreaker Starmie is an excellent partner to pair with Tyrantrum as they help check eachother's weaknesses while hitting the rest of the metagame fairly strong. Starmie helps take out Ground-types like Flygon and Mudsdale that Tyrantrum has troubles with if it is locked into Head Smash. Starmie can also threaten Talonflame from burning Tyrantrum as well as threaten Vaporeon with Thunderbolt. Starmie's Fighting-type resistance also allows it to switch-in on Sirfetch'd, Passimian, and Machamp and can KO them the following turn. Tyrantrum covers Starmie's checks like Guzzlord, Ninjask, and Goodra.​

Last edited:

Oathkeeper

:ss/blastoise:
Blastoise @ White Herb
Ability: Torrent
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse

The 2 biggest switch-ins that Tyrantrum has going for it are Mudsdale and Bronzong. Shell Smash Blastoise deals with both. Mudsdale hates Water (simple), and Bronzong just gets hit hard by Dark Pulse and while they may not go down to 1 hit from either, it wears them down enough to the point where Tyrantrum can finish them off.

Potential Matches
:ss/zoroark:Specs Zoroark by Corthius
:ss/ninjask:SD Ninjask by daniYSB
:ss/entei:Band Entei by Katy
:ss/xatu:Defensive Xatu by Pokeslice
:ss/bronzong:Physically Bulky Bronzong by Zangoose5000
:ss/starmie:Wallbreaker Starmie by Lucario
:ss/blastoise:Shell Smash Blastoise by Oathkeepre

Voting ends on Sunday at midnight GMT-5

Starmie, Zoroark

Oathkeeper

Oathkeeper

Alright guys, it's time to round out this 10-week session with the following mon that needs a mate.........

:ss/rotom-mow:
Rotom-Mow @ Heavy-Duty Boots / Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Leaf Storm
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog

Have at it folks! Voting begins Wednesday night / Thursday morning

Lucario

A side must always be chosen
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
reserving Glastrier

:ss/Glastrier:
Glastrier @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Chilling Neigh
EVs: 252 Atk / 8 SpD / 248 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Icicle Crash
- High Horsepower
- Close Combat

Glastrier works as an amazing partner to Mowtom to help Mowtom's checks like Defensive Flygon, Dragalge, and Guzzlord. Mowtom also hurts Glastrier's foes like Mantine, Vaporeon, and Talonflame. Glastrier also appreciates being Volt Switched into from Mowtom to set up a Swords Dance on the following turn while the opponent switches (sorry that was worded weirdly). Due to both Pokemon's natural bulk, they can also stay in an extra turn to KO an opposing Pokemon without being OHKOd themselves.​

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)