Project SS NU Team Building Competition (Quagsire)

GW

I may be warrior
is a Tiering Contributor
The Votes for this week are in!
Katy: 2
Roxiee: 4
ysb: 2
Corthius: 1

Congrats to Roxiee for winning this round! Your team will be added to the hall of fame momentarily.

The Pokemon for this week is...
Inteleon!!
inteleon.gif

Inteleon is a cool addition due to how insanely fast it is coupled with sniper and solid coverage, making it one of the scariest Pokemon without a Choice Scarf user to check it or if your bulky water gets flinched down :^).

THE DEADLINE FOR THIS ROUND IS SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 29 AT 11:59 PM EST (-5).

Get building everyone!!!

Katy

Banned deucer.
:inteleon: :toxicroak: :guzzlord: :whimsicott: :rotom: :dugtrio-alola:

Inteleon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- U-turn

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch

Guzzlord @ Choice Specs
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Bomb

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Moonblast
- U-turn
- Defog

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Trick

Dugtrio-Alola @ Leftovers
Ability: Tangling Hair
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
explanation: this team is built around a triple-momentum-core and 2 strong breakers in choice specs guzzlord and swords dance toxicroak.
this core should be known by now, but i also wanted to include it in this teambuilding session around inteleon and speaking of it, this inteleon has
choice specs as well, with hydro pump to hit as hard as possible, dark pulse as coverage for jellicent, ice beam as coverage for whimsicott, alola-exeggutor, and other dragons such as drampa and guzzlord. u-turn is there to give momentum. toxicroak is a physical wallbreaker with swords dance + 3 attacks, it can help inteleon to get rid of vaporeon because of its dry skin-ability, which enables it to use vaporeon as setup-fodder. guzzlord is the strong special breaker with choice specs as well, it has draco meteoer its strongest dragon stab, dark pulse its best dark stab and furthermore coverage in fire blast and sludge bomb where the former is for steel-types and the latter is for fairy-types. whimsicott is the defogger of this team and a strong answer to opposing water-types in general. rotom has choice scarf and is there for speed-control and has the strong dual-stab options in shadow ball, thunderbolt and volt switch. trick cripples walls, such as gastrodon, gurdurr, and regirock. alola-dugtrio is the rocker for this team and provides help with toxicing opposing pokemon, it can block volt switch from opposing teams, and it has iron head for pokemon, such as comfey and fairy-vally and earthquake as a strong ground-type stab attack.

Corthius

diehard hockey fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Dual Lizard - Balance
:Inteleon::Sceptile::Regirock::Porygon2::Rotom::Silvally:(fairy)
https://pokepast.es/687172fec2e1f774
The team is build around Choice Specs Inteleon (I chose Surf > Dark Pulse because when I tested I missed 4/5 Hydro Pumps when I could've gotten the kill with Surf) with AoA Sceptile (standard set with FBlast for steel types and Rock Slide mainly for Centi) to punish Vaporeon and Gastrodon, the two most common ways to stop Inteleon. The rest is standard meta stuff like P2 as my special wall against the likes of Exeggutor-Alola. Fairyvally is my Knock Off absorber and mixed wallbreaker + fighting resist. Escav kinda destroys everything so I opted for Colbur Berry on Defog Rotom.

Danny

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
ZU Circuit Champion
INTELEON SPIKESTACK
:ss/inteleon: :ss/sneasel: :ss/ferroseed: :ss/mudsdale: :ss/xatu: :ss/vaporeon:

Inteleon @ Scope Lens
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Hydro Pump
- Focus Energy
- Dark Pulse
The idea of this team is to wear down the checks to Inteleon and Sneasel with repeated switch ins on hazards and then overwhelm. Opted for the Criteleon set because it has the ability to break through its usual checks as shown by Aawin’s performance in Snake. Really good set, borderline broken tbh.

Sneasel @ Choice Band
Ability: Inner Focus
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Triple Axel
- Ice Shard
- Brick Break/Psycho Cut
The breaker of the team, CB Sneasel kinda just claims kills on most mons in the tier. It’s speed is unfortunately slower than Salazzle, but with the amount of pivots on this team, it can come in quite easily. The top 3 moves are standard, Brick Break for veil and Aggron, or Psycho Cut if you run into a Poliwrath.

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 148 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Toxic

The spiker of the team, ferro is an all around good wall, sitting on many mons in the tier. Careful to help the opposing Inteleon matchup. Gyro Ball always breaks Inteleon Sub, and Leech Seed and Toxic for passive damage and recovery.

Mudsdale @ Leftovers
Ability: Stamina
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rocks
- Earthquake
- Smack Down
- Toxic
The rocker, gets up rocks really easy at the moment, with Smack Down to make the Xatu easier to handle and toxic bc toxic op. The EVs are to live a +2 Salazzle Flamethrower.

Xatu @ Heavy Duty Boots
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Toxic/Defog/Grass Knot
- Roost
- U-turn
The “hazard removal” of the team, Xatu can prevent rocks most of the time. But even still, it acts as a defensive pivot which deters clicking rocks, while still maintaining momentum. The moves are standard, Toxic or Grass Knot for Gastro and Vape, Defog could be used if you’re really scared of the pointy rocks though. EVs are straight forward, 248 HP for if you get knocked and want to switch in on rocks, 16 Spe for Adamant Base 60s and the rest in Defense.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

The cleric of the team, Vape is an all around good wall in the tier, and can wish pass to Ferro and Muds relatively safely. Went with Bell because I felt like this team does not like to get burnt or toxic’d. Pretty straight forward.

Fun team, works well against most play styles and has the tools to break stall which is always a plus.

https://pokepast.es/5fbcf15a2fbe4004

Corthius

diehard hockey fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey folks, im helping out GW with this project as he is busy dying to lava in Minecraft in his streams and I want to get some teams for the community and the current meta.

:ss/Goodra:
The slug dragon Goodra!!
Goodra is one of the newer Dragon types to the NU meta game and established itself as a premier Choice Specs user that can check common Grass types like Rotom-Mow. We are looking forward to see how you guys combine this powerful breaker and how you are making use of it!
The deadline will be on Friday January, 15th. Get building everyone!!!​

Katy

Banned deucer.
specs goodra + bulk up talonflame bulky offense

:goodra: :mienshao: :mudsdale: :dhelmise: :talonflame: :silvally: (steel)
Goodra @ Choice Specs
Ability: Sap Sipper
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Sludge Wave

Mienshao @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab

Mudsdale @ Leftovers
Ability: Stamina
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Smack Down
- Toxic

Dhelmise
Ability: Steelworker
Adamant Nature
- Power Whip
- Poltergeist
- Earthquake
- Synthesis

Talonflame @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Bulk Up
- Roost

Silvally-Steel @ Steel Memory
Ability: RKS System
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Multi-Attack
- Flame Charge
- U-turn
description: this squad is built around specs goodra with its amazing coverage in fire blast, thunderbolt, and sludge wave and its premier stab in draco meteor. fire blast is for copperajah, thunderbolt for mantine, sludge wave for fairies like comfey and sylveon, whereas draco meteor is its hardest hitting stab. mieanshao is a no drawback mon and therefore the speed control with regenerator and u-turn, to bring its teampartners in safely. mudsdale is the bulky rocks-setter and helps to set hazards, moreover it has smack down to hit bronzong and then pressure it with earthquake. toxic is to wear down bulky foes. dhelmise has no item to act as a check to poltergeist spammers reliably, whereas dhelmise itself can spam poltergeists reliably just as well. it has power whip for grounds- and water-types such as vaporeon, gastrodon, and mudsdale. earthquake is its coverage of choice and synthesis is a form of longevity. talonflame is the setup pokemon on this team with flare blitz, brave bird, roost and bulk up, whereas steelvally is there to pivot and with great coverage in flame charge and u-turn it is a great pokemon and a check to sylveon and comfey as well as fairyvally and also the defogger on this squad.

Last edited:
Fantasy Core Balance
:goodra: :copperajah: :sylveon: :starmie: :cresselia: :pangoro:

Goodra @ Choice Specs
EVs: 176 HP / 252 SpA / 80 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Thunderbolt

Copperajah @ Leftovers
Ability: Heavy Metal
EVs: 140 HP / 44 Atk / 72 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Heat Crash
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

Starmie @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 160 HP / 96 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Pangoro @ Choice Band
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch

Cresselia (F) @ Kee Berry
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Def / 12 SpA / 148 Spe
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Moonlight
Never done these teambuilding competitions before but I'm trying to get more involved and better at the tier so here goes. With Goodra as the topic of discussion for this challenge I had two goals in mind: I wanted to use its Specs set and I wanted to support it with a good defensive backbone. Thus, the starting core was Goodra + Copper + Sylv. The latter two are fairly defensive and appreciate Goodra's breaking power as well its ability to provide a fire resist and a thorough check to Vileplume. Starmie was next considered for its ability to remove hazards while keeping our own rocks up. It also helps that it provides a bit of speed control for things like Sigilyph, Arcanine, and non scarfed Mienshao and Flygon. Pangoro was added next for a few reasons: I think it's absolutely essential to run a Dark-type right now, and I appreciate having a strong physical breaker to serve as a compliment to Goodra. I went with Drain Punch as my 4th move because Pangoro isn't exactly the easiest thing to WishPass to. CM Cress is added as the last because I felt like this team needed a dedicated win condition, and Cresselia is by far the best of these in the tier currently. For a quick round of EV Spread explanations: Goodra outspeeds adamant 252 Pangoro, Copperajah maximizes Sp.Def while also having a fair bit of defense and attacking power, Starmie hits 301 HP to take 3 Night Shades/Seismic Tosses should you encounter them, and Cresselia creeps 252 Jolly Bewear by a few points while maximizing defense. HP is 405 so it can make 4 Substitutes with 101 HP without needing to recover.

Last edited:
Specs Goodra + Curse Copperajah
:Goodra::Mienshao::Sylveon::Copperajah::Rotom-Fan::Golurk:
tell you everythin (Goodra) @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Focus Blast
- Surf
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Bomb

just you and me (Mienshao) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Regenerator
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide

know 'bout love? (Sylveon) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Cute Charm
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

I like what I see (Copperajah) @ Leftovers
Ability: Heavy Metal
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Curse
- Heat Crash
- Power Whip

what you need (Rotom-Fan) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog

every morning (Golurk) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: No Guard
Jolly Nature
- Trick
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Poltergeist

Goodra is best off as a Specs breaker because you want to immediately threaten mons like Salazzle and Vileplume. Goodra often finds itself getting status'd from Sludge Bomb poisons or Scald burns so you want to go with a hit-n-run strategy, which fits perfectly with Draco Meteor. There's a few issues when using Goodra; like its longevity, prediction reliance, and letting Cress setup. To support Goodra I wanted to have a solid defensive core, as shown by zeefable Copperajah and Sylveon form a nice balance backbone for Goodra to fall on. To circumvent the Cresselia weakness that Goodra bestows on teams, I'm using Curse Copperajah which can beat pretty much every variation of Cresselia. Golurk provides rocks and a Sigilyph check since it's Scarf. I went with Rotom-Fan for Defog because it can switch into Copperajah and threaten Vileplume more than Rotom-Mow. Also, having a fast fighting resist is nice for checking Bewear. To round off the team I have Scarf Mienshao for speed control, it creates a nice Volt-Turn core with Rotom-Fan that gives Goodra plenty of opportunities to break the opponent's team. I hope you guys enjoy the team, below are a few replays of ladder games so you can get an idea of how it plays.

Hello! i dont know how to add the "importable" button, so ill just copy my team here

https://pokepast.es/27fead66f144c400

:goodra: :dragalge: :vileplume: :pangoro: :copperajah: :comfey:

This team is using eject button goodra. Two dragons and a fairy... seems weird, but the idea is that goodra eject buttons out on a steel type, for pangoro to break. Gunk shot straight up OHKOS fairies, and since most steel types don't want to stay in, you usually have an 80% chance of killing a fairy type on their team. Dragalge also supports this by draco meteoring, then flip turning out on a steel. The idea is to pressure steel types so that one of your dragons or comfey can kill late game. Copperajah is there for a nice special sponge, as well as a stealth rock setter. Rocks to pressure the opponent. Plume soaks attacks from golurk, and can put an enemy pokemon to sleep. You can also use u-turn on comfey to try and gain more momentum to bring pangoro or a dragon in.

ps: im not good at teambuilding so any losses you accumulate are not my fault :blobthumbsup:

Corthius

diehard hockey fan
Thank you all for your submissions & congratulations Davon for winning this round of the Teambuilding Competition!

:ss/Golisopod:
Golisogod!!
Golisopod was prayed to be one of the best pokemon in the tier but recently there was some backfire saying it is the most overrated pokemon in the tier. Spikes are incredibly potent at the moment and shouldn't be to hard to build around (that doesn't mean you have to use Spikes-Golispod, maybe you find something other useful).
The deadline will be on Friday January, 22th. Get building everyone!!!​

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)