Project SS NU Teambuilding Lab v2.0 (CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oathkeeper

"Wait!" he says, do I look like a waiter?
is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
I want to request a offensive team with Flygon+Golisopod. i am not sure exactly what set I want them to be also because I'm not too familiar with nu. I do think that they can maybe like help support a dangerous attacker/sweeper (bring in with u-turn, defog , spikes, weakening/finishing with first impression).
JoJonaseh, I got your team for you!
:ss/copperajah::ss/golisopod::ss/flygon::ss/salazzle::ss/rotom-mow::ss/silvally-ghost:
Pokepaste

This team was kind of annoying to build around given the core you wanted in Flygon + Golisopod, but we made it work somehow lol. The idea around the team was set up Spikes and pivot around them with Flygon and Mowtom and don't give the opposing team any room to get rid of them. :copperajah: is your rocker, naturally. It originally was Curse to deal with Cresselia, but we had to change it to Heat Crash instead to help with Steels. :golisopod: is your Spiker and the set is pretty standard. We went with Scarf :flygon: for the team. Outrage can be replaced with Dragon Claw if you'd rather not be stuck and lose to Fairies and Steels. Stone Edge erases Talonflame. It originally was Throat Chop for Bronzong, but Flygon is normally going to be pivoting out on Bronzong anyway. :salazzle: is the quiet MVP of the team. Dual STABs hit hard while it can Toxic everything and Knock Off is there for support. NP :rotom-mow: is your answer for Waters that the previous 4 mons struggle with, and it also serves as your hazard control. Defog does seem counter-intuitive for Spikes, but you can replace it with Will-O-Wisp. :silvally:-Ghost is your best way to beat Cresselia. Standard moves on it. Other than that. I hope you enjoy!​

This team was kind of annoying to build around given the core you wanted in Flygon + Golisopod, but we made it work somehow lol.
I am sorry for requesting such a weird/difficult core to build around. the team looks really fun and I really appreciate some of the history of the team and the move changes.
NP :rotom-mow: is your answer for Waters that the previous 4 mons struggle with, and it also serves as your hazard control. Defog does seem counter-intuitive for Spikes, but you can replace it with Will-O-Wisp.
I did notice rotom-m didnt seem done. With this i mean it doesnt have a item and lacks 224 ev points. I would like to check which item and where the ev's where put into.

overall im really excited to play with the team and thank you so much for building it.

Corthius

diehard hockey fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
I am sorry for requesting such a weird/difficult core to build around. the team looks really fun and I really appreciate some of the history of the team and the move changes.

I did notice rotom-m didnt seem done. With this i mean it doesnt have a item and lacks 224 ev points. I would like to check which item and where the ev's where put into.

overall im really excited to play with the team and thank you so much for building it.
Hi, jumping in to answer you. Rotom is supposed to have 248 EVs in HP, that was prob an error in the pasting.
As for the lack of an item: The team struggles with opposing Poltergeist user, most notably Dhelmise and Golurk. Poltergeist doesn't work against pokemon with no item so you are safe from their Poltergeist + you resist/are immune to their secondary STAB (Grass for Dhelmise and Ground for Golurk).

Hi, jumping in to answer you. Rotom is supposed to have 248 EVs in HP, that was prob an error in the pasting.
As for the lack of an item: The team struggles with opposing Poltergeist user, most notably Dhelmise and Golurk. Poltergeist doesn't work against pokemon with no item so you are safe from their Poltergeist + you resist/are immune to their secondary STAB (Grass for Dhelmise and Ground for Golurk).
Cool i pasted in the ev's (pasting errors happen sometime). and thanks for explaining the reason for no item.

Corthius

diehard hockey fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
It's an honor to be here, thanks for having me :) (This feels like a podcast intro)
s/o to Oathkeepre, xerovis & your____bro, who helped with this!!

Without talking to much around it here is your team Lucario!

:ss/Exploud::ss/Talonflame::ss/Passimian::ss/Dragalge::ss/Copperajah::ss/Vaporeon:
<<pokepast-link>>
As requested, we've build around Choice Specs Exploud. With the recent ban of Bewear is Exploud able to run a Modest nature to max out its damage output. Boomburst + Scrappy are no-brainer as this combination is the main reason Exploud is so strong. The next two moves are coverage for the usual Exploud switchins in Overheat for Steel types and Surf for Rock types. The last move is really up to you and what you prefere. We chose to add a more powerful way of hitting Rock types in Hydro Pump which can be really useful if you happen to fight against a Gigalith where the added power is really helpful. For the second pokemon we decided to use Talonflame, as it provides a pivot against the most common Exploud answers in the current meta which are Copperajah and Escavalier. The dual STAB combination of Flareblitz and Brave Bird gives you a way of hitting the Steel types for actual damage and also makes it tougher to wall Talonflame with a defensive Water type. Roost is used for obvious reasons, keeping Talonflame healthy throughout the match. Talonflame also adds Defog to the team. The next member on the team is Choice Scarf Passimian which adds speed control for fast threats like Focus Energy Inteleon and also an offensive pivot with U-turn. Close Combat is your main STAB of choice, while Knock Off and Rock Slide add coverage against Ghost and Flying/Bug types. Defiant is a unique way of punishing Defog from your opponent, making a well times switchin a nightmare for your opponent. Dragalge is the Rotom-Mow check on the team and makes a good VolTurn-core with Passimian. Toxic Spikes are really helpful in wearing down Rock types for Exploud (and the rest of the opposing team). Draco Meteor & Sludge Bomb are the main STAB attacks. Copperajah is the Cresselia answer on the team and provides the team with Stealth Rock. Copperajah is also a much needed defensive backbone, checking a lot of threats e.g. opposing Exploud. Vaporeon has good defensive synergy with Copperajah, providing Wish support to keep it healthy and taking on Fire types. Flip Turn also adds another pivot to potentially get Exploud onto the battle field.

I hope you enjoy the team, have fun! :)

Lilo

formerly Test Techles
is a Tiering Contributor
Hello
With the rise of exploud, I'd like to get a soundproof bouffalant (AV perhaps) team.
Maybe a bit gimmicky but I think it could have a small niche atm.
Thanks in advance!!

Oathkeeper

"Wait!" he says, do I look like a waiter?
is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Hello
With the rise of exploud, I'd like to get a soundproof bouffalant (AV perhaps) team.
Maybe a bit gimmicky but I think it could have a small niche atm.
Thanks in advance!!
Hi there! While the request does sound neat enough as it is, we only take requests for mons that are on the current NU Viability Rankings and Bouffalant is sadly not :blobsad: If you would like to request a team around a mon that is on the list, by all means please do!

:ss/charizard:
Hello, I would like to request a Belly Drum Charizard team. I don't have a specific set mandate, but I think Flame Charge seems pretty cool on it since you don't have to worry about being outsped by Mienshao @+1 anymore. I really don't like using Screens so if its possible to make this without Screens it would be the best. Thanks!

Last edited:
Could i get a nice offensive arcanine team? Creativity is there but i am noob so not to complicated XD. plus it would be nice if the explanation of the team would be doing pokemon by pokemon to know what their roles is needing to be.

Thanks in advance

Looking for a fat offense team ft. Goodra preferably w/ specs or ebelt, not really looking for a vest set. Happy to take a banded set if the builder is ready to bring the heat. Prefer if the team is pretty pivot heavy to ease switching into the fat dragon breaker. Maybe something like Sneasel or Jask for cleanup crew?

Goodra @ Choice Specs
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Sludge Bomb

+

Sneasel @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Triple Axel

OR

Ninjask @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 100 Def / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Dual Wingbeat
- Protect
- U-turn

Last edited:

scorbunnys

Don't dream your life, but live your dream. #Bunny
Time to request something :D
:sylveon: (GOAT) + :talonflame: (SMOGON BIRDGOAT)
Talonflame @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 52 Def / 208 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp / U-Turn
- Defog
And for Sylveon, i'm fine with any set, but i would like a really, REALLY creative and heato set, because it has a decent movepool imo that might be enough to explore.
(Imma request more teams on the future w/other mons, i just started with those two :blobthumbsup: )

Corthius

diehard hockey fan
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp / U-Turn
- Defog
And for Sylveon, i'm fine with any set, but i would like a really, REALLY creative and heato set, because it has a decent movepool imo that might be enough to explore.
(Imma request more teams on the future w/other mons, i just started with those two :blobthumbsup: )
Reserved. :)

roxie

https://www.youtube.com/@noxiousroxie
is a Tutoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Looking for a fat offense team ft. Goodra preferably w/ specs or ebelt, not really looking for a vest set. Happy to take a banded set if the builder is ready to bring the heat. Prefer if the team is pretty pivot heavy to ease switching into the fat dragon breaker. Maybe something like Sneasel or Jask for cleanup crew?

Goodra @ Choice Specs
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Sludge Bomb

+

Sneasel @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Triple Axel

OR

Ninjask @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 100 Def / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Dual Wingbeat
- Protect
- U-turn
reserving

Corthius

diehard hockey fan
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp / U-Turn
- Defog
Hey Pokeseba, Im happy to tell you that your team is finished! Special thanks to xerovis (again) who suggested some good changes & the Teambuilding Lab Team!
:ss/Sylveon::ss/Talonflame::ss/Gastrodon::ss/Guzzlord::ss/Copperajah::ss/Rotom-Mow:
<<pokepast-link>>
The more heato Sylveon set I chose is Choice Specs Sylveon. This particular set pairs really well with the Talonflame you chose as your second mon, as that is able to pivot into the potential Steel types that come in on Sylveon's STAB attacks. Mystical Fire gives you coverage versus Steel types like Copperajah. Shadow Ball gives good neutral coverage overall, but you won't click that move that often anyway. It could also be Psyshock if you feel like you need that. Talonflames acts as defensive pivot which can switch into most of Copperajah's attacks and also pivots into Escavalier; both will try to switch into your Sylveon. Gastrodon is both a defensive Ground type to take on Tyrantrum and a Water immunity to help against Shell Smash Blastoise and Inteleon. Guzzlord is seeing a lot more usage lately and that is for good reasons. It is the Ghost and Grass resist for the team and is able to take on pokemon like Decidueye and Rotom-Mow. RestTalk also gives you a way to recover your HP and making this a solid answer against SubToxic Salazzle. It can also be very hard to take down if you play it right. Copperajah is pretty standard at the moment. It gives you Stealth Rock for the team and an answer to Cresselia with Curse. Lastly, Rotom-Mow gives the team some speed control and another Ground immunity. It also pairs nicely with Sylveon as most of the more safe answers to Rotom-Mow are Dragon types like Goodra and Guzzlord. Having a pivot is always great for your breaker.

Last edited:

scorbunnys

Don't dream your life, but live your dream. #Bunny
Hey Pokeseba, Im happy to tell you that your team is finished! Special thanks to xerovis (again) who suggested some good changes & the Teambuilding Lab Team!
:ss/Sylveon::ss/Talonflame::ss/Gastrodon::ss/Guzzlord::ss/Copperajah::ss/Rotom-Mow:
<<pokepast-link>>
The more heato Sylveon set I chose is Choice Specs Sylveon. This particular set pairs really well with the Talonflame you chose as your second mon, as that is able to pivot into the potential Steel types that come in on Sylveon's STAB attacks. Mystical Fire gives you coverage versus Steel types like Copperajah. Shadow Ball gives good neutral coverage overall, but you won't click that move that often anyway. It could also be Psyshock if you feel like you need that. Talonflames acts as defensive pivot which can switch into most of Copperajah's attacks and also pivots into Escavalier; both will try to switch into your Sylveon. Gastrodon is both a defensive Ground type to take on Tyrantrum and a Water immunity to help against Shell Smash Blastoise and Inteleon. Guzzlord is seeing a lot more usage lately and that is for good reasons. It is the Ghost and Grass resist for the team and is able to take on pokemon like Decidueye and Rotom-Mow. RestTalk also gives you a way to recover your HP and making this a solid answer against SubToxic Salazzle. It can also be very hard to take down if you play it right. Copperajah is pretty standard at the moment. It gives you Stealth Rock for the team and an answer to Cresselia with Curse. Lastly, Rotom-Mow gives the team some speed control and another Ground immunity. It also pairs nicely with Sylveon as most of the more safe answers to Rotom-Mow are Dragon types like Goodra and Guzzlord. Having a pivot is always great for your breaker.

Thank you bro, Specs Sylv is p heat yeah, also, do u think that Hyper Beam/Heal Bell over Shadow Ball is optimal?, like, Shadow Ball seems to be the best option specially for Talonflame and Arcanine, but HBeam is a literal nuke and Heal Bell helps for health status.

Could i get a nice offensive arcanine team? Creativity is there but i am noob so not to complicated XD. plus it would be nice if the explanation of the team would be doing pokemon by pokemon to know what their roles is needing to be.

Thanks in advance

Hello Eltigras, when tackling your request we came up with multiple teams and couldn't decide which to give you, so as a bonus we are giving you both teams using an Offensive Arcanine set I whipped up (Choice Band)

One is more offensive overall and the other is a bit more balanced/passive.

The first team is by our builder Corthius and is a more balanced team.

:Arcanine: :Xatu: :Sylveon: :Mudsdale: :Copperajah: :Heliolisk:
(Click the mons to see the pokepaste)

Kicking off the team with the star, you offensive Choice Band Arcanine; as requested. Flare Blitz is your main STAB of choice which is used to break past neutral walls like Mudsdale and even heavily dent (offensive) resists like Flygon and Dragalge. Close Combat is the best coverage option as it compliments Flare Blitz really well, hitting Rock types super effectively and being good neutral coverage versus most Water types too. Extreme Speed in combination with Choice Band makes Arcanine a potential endgame cleaner that is able to revengekill even pokemon like Choice Scarf Flygon with enough chip damage. Wild Charge allows you to really dent those defensive Water types like Mantine and Vaporeon.
The next member was a must have in my eyes; Xatu pairs really nicely with offensive Arcanine. It can bounce back entry hazard which Arcanine doesn't like since it isn't running Heavy-Duty Boots, it can come in on Ground types like Gastrodon and Mudsdale which can come in and check Arcanine and, my favorite part, it lures in Steel types due to its typing and can get a slow pivot with Teleport to get Arcanine safely onto the battlefield. Psychic + Heat Wave gives you decent overall coverage for the tier and Roost gives you some longevity. Teleport for the mentioned reasons. The speed is enough to outspeed Adamant Tyrantrum. I like to use no item as it lets Xatu act as a Golurk and Dhelmise check.
The rest of the team acts as a defensive back bone; Sylveon is a Fighting/Dark resist for the team and discourrages the use of Dragon moves due to its immunity. It also provides the team with Wish and Heal Bell support. Mudsdale is a good neutral physical wall that is able to outlast a lot of physical threats due to Stamina and Toxic. Copperajah brings a defensive Steel type to the table which is very appreciated in the current meta. Curse allows Copperajah to beat the standard Cresselia. Lastly Choice Scarf Heliolisk is the speed control for the team and is also needed to make the matchup versus Hail a lot better. You are immune to Water moves which makes it able to come in on Mantine rather free and Volt Switch to get in Arcanine on a potential Grass type.

The second team was built by me and is more of an offensive team
:Arcanine: :Escavalier: :Diancie: :Rotom-Mow: :Starmie: :Sirfetch

As stated in the prior description, Choice Band Arcanine is the offensive arcanine set used. Corthius' description of the set was perfect so I have included it here: "Flare Blitz is your main STAB of choice which is used to break past neutral walls like Mudsdale and even heavily dent (offensive) resists like Flygon and Dragalge. Close Combat is the best coverage option as it compliments Flare Blitz really well, hitting Rock types super effectively and being good neutral coverage versus most Water types too. Extreme Speed in combination with Choice Band makes Arcanine a potential endgame cleaner that is able to revengekill even pokemon like Choice Scarf Flygon with enough chip damage."
Swords Dance Escavalier was added as an obligatory Cresselia counter and offensive tank, as well as having good synergy with Arcanine potentially allowing K9 to get a flash fire boost. Starmie was added as a fast special attacker that can pressure opposing defensive Arcanines, which are something that give Choice Band arcanine some trouble. Using Flip Turn, Starmie can also pivot out on switch-ins, allowing you to bring in a different teammate to take advantage of the situation. Diancie was included as the rocker as the team needed something that doesn't totally mind being hit by knock-off, as well as Diancie can end up being quite offensive for a bulky rocker , by using diamond storm to get defense boosts and then using Body Press. A defogger was needed as was speed control, so I compressed those roles onto Rotom-Mow by giving it choice scarf and trick along with defog. Rotom can trick away its scarf to cripple fat opponents, and can defog in a pinch, while otherwise pivoting with volt-switch to maintain momentum, or damaging opponents with its powerful Leaf Storm. Finally, Sirfetch'd was added as a great wallbreaker to be brought in by the pivots, that can also use its priority FIrst Impression to dispatch faster foes such as Starmie, Rotom-Mow and Zoroark. Because Arcanine is using Choice Band, I opted for Leek as the item on sirfetch'd, however if you are feeling bold you can use choice band on it as well for extra power, keeping mind that prediction will become even more important.

We hope you enjoy these teams and have some fun using offensive Arcanine!

Pokeslice

Thanks for the Dance
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Thank you bro, Specs Sylv is p heat yeah, also, do u think that Hyper Beam/Heal Bell over Shadow Ball is optimal?, like, Shadow Ball seems to be the best option specially for Talonflame and Arcanine, but HBeam is a literal nuke and Heal Bell helps for health status.
Hey! I'm no builder, but I've been using Specsveon a bunch recently and I actually think dropping moonblast and shadow ball for Psyshock and Hyper Beam respectively are great ideas. You're barely pressing the last two slot anyways, especially not Shadow Ball, while Psyshock lets you destroy those pesky Salazzle that switch in thinking you're normal WishTect. As for Hyper Beam, as you said, it's a nuke and has come in clutch more than once, and since Throat Chop doesn't exist much rn HB>Moonblast at the moment is a great idea. You also might want to consider Timid if you find Jolly Golurk, Adamant Fetch'd, and Machamp turn into too big of a problem to pressure, especially Machamp who thinks you're a free Heavy Slam KO.

Aw
Hello Eltigras, when tackling your request we came up with multiple teams and couldn't decide which to give you, so as a bonus we are giving you both teams using an Offensive Arcanine set I whipped up (Choice Band)

One is more offensive overall and the other is a bit more balanced/passive.

The first team is by our builder Corthius and is a more balanced team.

:Arcanine: :Xatu: :Sylveon: :Mudsdale: :Copperajah: :Heliolisk:

Kicking off the team with the star, you offensive Choice Band Arcanine; as requested. Flare Blitz is your main STAB of choice which is used to break past neutral walls like Mudsdale and even heavily dent (offensive) resists like Flygon and Dragalge. Close Combat is the best coverage option as it compliments Flare Blitz really well, hitting Rock types super effectively and being good neutral coverage versus most Water types too. Extreme Speed in combination with Choice Band makes Arcanine a potential endgame cleaner that is able to revengekill even pokemon like Choice Scarf Flygon with enough chip damage. Wild Charge allows you to really dent those defensive Water types like Mantine and Vaporeon.
The next member was a must have in my eyes; Xatu pairs really nicely with offensive Arcanine. It can bounce back entry hazard which Arcanine doesn't like since it isn't running Heavy-Duty Boots, it can come in on Ground types like Gastrodon and Mudsdale which can come in and check Arcanine and, my favorite part, it lures in Steel types due to its typing and can get a slow pivot with Teleport to get Arcanine safely onto the battlefield. Psychic + Heat Wave gives you decent overall coverage for the tier and Roost gives you some longevity. Teleport for the mentioned reasons. The speed is enough to outspeed Adamant Tyrantrum. I like to use no item as it lets Xatu act as a Golurk and Dhelmise check.
The rest of the team acts as a defensive back bone; Sylveon is a Fighting/Dark resist for the team and discourrages the use of Dragon moves due to its immunity. It also provides the team with Wish and Heal Bell support. Mudsdale is a good neutral physical wall that is able to outlast a lot of physical threats due to Stamina and Toxic. Copperajah brings a defensive Steel type to the table which is very appreciated in the current meta. Curse allows Copperajah to beat the standard Cresselia. Lastly Choice Scarf Heliolisk is the speed control for the team and is also needed to make the matchup versus Hail a lot better. You are immune to Water moves which makes it able to come in on Mantine rather free and Volt Switch to get in Arcanine on a potential Grass type.

The second team was built by me and is more of an offensive team
:Arcanine: :Escavalier: :Diancie: :Rotom-Mow: :Starmie: :Sirfetch

As stated in the prior description, Choice Band Arcanine is the offensive arcanine set used. Corthius' description of the set was perfect so I have included it here: "Flare Blitz is your main STAB of choice which is used to break past neutral walls like Mudsdale and even heavily dent (offensive) resists like Flygon and Dragalge. Close Combat is the best coverage option as it compliments Flare Blitz really well, hitting Rock types super effectively and being good neutral coverage versus most Water types too. Extreme Speed in combination with Choice Band makes Arcanine a potential endgame cleaner that is able to revengekill even pokemon like Choice Scarf Flygon with enough chip damage."
Swords Dance Escavalier was added as an obligatory Cresselia counter and offensive tank, as well as having good synergy with Arcanine potentially allowing K9 to get a flash fire boost. Starmie was added as a fast special attacker that can pressure opposing defensive Arcanines, which are something that give Choice Band arcanine some trouble. Using Flip Turn, Starmie can also pivot out on switch-ins, allowing you to bring in a different teammate to take advantage of the situation. Diancie was included as the rocker as the team needed something that doesn't totally mind being hit by knock-off, as well as Diancie can end up being quite offensive for a bulky rocker , by using diamond storm to get defense boosts and then using Body Press. A defogger was needed as was speed control, so I compressed those roles onto Rotom-Mow by giving it choice scarf and trick along with defog. Rotom can trick away its scarf to cripple fat opponents, and can defog in a pinch, while otherwise pivoting with volt-switch to maintain momentum, or damaging opponents with its powerful Leaf Storm. Finally, Sirfetch'd was added as a great wallbreaker to be brought in by the pivots, that can also use its priority FIrst Impression to dispatch faster foes such as Starmie, Rotom-Mow and Zoroark. Because Arcanine is using Choice Band, I opted for Leek as the item on sirfetch'd, however if you are feeling bold you can use choice band on it as well for extra power, keeping mind that prediction will become even more important.

We hope you enjoy these teams and have some fun using offensive Arcanine!
Awesome thanks i will try them out tomorrow :)

Danny

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
ZU Circuit Champion
:ss/charizard:
Hello, I would like to request a Belly Drum Charizard team. I don't have a specific set mandate, but I think Flame Charge seems pretty cool on it since you don't have to worry about being outsped by Mienshao @+1 anymore. I really don't like using Screens so if its possible to make this without Screens it would be the best. Thanks!
skierdude101 I have had this team for the memes since before the Shao ban, and after testing a bit it is still viable. Be warned, BD zard is only usable if you plan your game out very well and manage to get an opponent who cannot see the obvious set up the team provides. Even so it is so satisfying getting a zard sweep. With that out of the way let me get into the team!
:ss/charizard: :ss/xatu: :ss/zoroark:
:ss/starmie::ss/Rotom-mow: :ss/gastrodon:

So the first mon is pretty obvious, it’s the requested mon, and the set is pretty straight forward, you sub up on a switch out or an unsuspecting defensive mon, and then hit that drum. The attacking moves chosen are just dual STAB and Acrobatics is your best physical flying move so that’s why it’s there. The next mon gives you a hazard deterrent and a way to pivot with Teleport. Zoroark is there to play more mons games with the opponent as well as potentially break the opponent’s defensive core for a Charizard sweep late game. Memento is chosen as a way to give Zard a free set up opportunity of Zoroark has outlived its usefulness. Starmie gives the team hazard removal and a secondary pivot, not much else to say there. Could opt for Scald over Flip Turn, Turn just gives the team a nice pivot core between Xatu, Starmie, and Mowtom. Speaking of Mowtom, Scarf Rotom-Mow is here to give the team some speed control outside of Salac Zard, and a way to further pressure opposing Gastrodons. It also gives trick in order to annoy fat cores and give Zard set up. The last mon, Gastrodon was placed there to give some semblance of a defensive backbone to the team, and it also KOs Scarf Flygon with Ice Beam, which is nice because Flygon speed ties with Zard at +1. Memento over toxic because you could get an opportunity to set up, and why use toxic on such an offensive team.

Hope you enjoy the team, don’t wanna claim that I built it but it’s been in my builder for some time and I think it fits your needs perfectly. Hope you enjoy it!

GW

I may be warrior
is a Tiering Contributor
Hello, I would like to request a team which focuses on sweeping with focus energy inteleon. I would prefer a balanced team with a strong breaker maybe sirfetch'd? But I wouldn't mind anything else. Gl.
Here's the team!
:Sirfetch :Inteleon: :Heliolisk: :Dragalge: :Bronzong: :Golurk:
Sirfetch'd + Inteleon is the main offense duo of the team. Sirfetch'd has no immunities switch in wise thanks to Scrappie and threatens out slower pokemon such as dhelmise or Copperajah. Inteleon is there to pray the opp doesnt have a Gastrodon/Vaporeon (or just flinch twice smh), maybe not the most solid Pokemon but can be fun to use. Scarf helioisk is the speed control of the team, being a nice water immune to scare Arctovish from spamming Fishious Rend and being faster than Passimain. Dragalgae helps against Rotom Mow and Salazzle while offering a nice momentum move in Flip Turn, similar to helioisk, to help get in Sirfetch'd for free. Bronzong is the main Ice/Dragon/Fairy resist and Rocker, as the team has little defensive utility up to this point and it helps tremendously against Tyrantrum. Lastly, Colburk Golurk is a nice Drapion lure and gives a nice Volt Switch immunity. Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)