Project SS OU Community Create-A-Team - Not hosted anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abhi

Professional Zoomer
is an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
oops srry im late
Volcarona: 4
Tapu Fini: 3
Crawdaunt: 6
Weavile: 5
Bisharp: 3
Galarian Zapdos: 2
Kyurem: 7

Congratulations to TailGlowVM!!
You have 3 days to submit a good partner for Kyurem!!
Happy Posting

Send me drumroll gifs pls i ran out of good ones ;_;

:ss/rotom-wash:
Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 168 SpD / 88 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Defog / Pain Split

Rotom-W pairs really nice with Kyurem being able to bring it in safely thanks to Volt Switch making it a lot easier for Kyurem to be brought into the field in order to be able to break through teams a lot better. Thunder Wave is a nice move on Rotom-W as it helps Kyurem make up its middling speed tier as Rotom-W makes faster threats get crippled by it such as opposing Kyurem, Dragapult, Volcarona, and Kartana. Rotom-W is able to check Heatran, Scizor, Tornadus-T, and Volcarona for Kyurem while also possibly be able to run Defog for Kyurem in being able to remove Stealth Rocks that annoy it. Kyurem in return is able to remove Electric-type immunities while also being able to pressure Gastrodon, Tangrowth, and Ferrothorn as wel that can switch into Rotom-W attacks.

Last edited:
Hello there! Kyurem is a monster that nothing can switch into bar predicts, and I think :Electivire: is a nice partner for it.
1624089858248.png

Zeraora @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Volt Switch
- Close Combat
- Knock Off

Standard physical pivot Zera works fine here. Its main role is to lure in defensive grasses like :Tangela:, :Ferroseed: etc, volt on them, and bring in :Kyurem-Black:. If it's up vs a ground type, you can always count on the opponent to go into something like :Landorus: , and you can double to kyurem. Zera also provides us with an electric immunity and knock user.The title of the fastest viable non scarfer in the metagame is also nice, since it can revenge kill :Drakloak: , which is trouble for Kyurem. Idt there's too much more to be said, these two just synergize really well together, forming an offensive BoltBeam core.

What? The sprites are wrong? Nooo wayyyy

Last edited:

Rae

valiance and vigor
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
:ss/Tapu Koko:

Tapu Koko @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- U-turn
- Roost

Tapu Koko pairs excellently with Kyurem thanks to it's ability to get it in safely with U-turn against the Grass and Ground-types like Landorus-T, Garchomp, Ferrothorn and Tangrowth switching into it which gives Kyurem a great opportunity to fire off a powerful blow. This also makes the general build of the team lean towards Bulky Offense, which Specs Kyurem fits well on

Abhi

Professional Zoomer
is an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
ooops forgot about this, thanks Magnum for reminding me :>
:rotom-wash: by Tysonslayer
Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 168 SpD / 88 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Defog / Pain Split
:Zeraora: by Dr Ya Yeet
Zeraora @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Volt Switch
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
:tapu-koko: by Magnum
Tapu Koko @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- U-turn
- Roost

You have 2 Days to vote,
Have fun!

Rae

valiance and vigor
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
:ss/heatran:

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 136 SpD / 120 Spe
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic

Together with Kyurem, you are unstoppable. Heatran traps in Blissey and Steel-types that may find switching into Kyurem easier like Scizor and pretty much 1v1's them, which gives Kyurem pretty much no switch-ins and lets in break so much easier. It also pairs quite well with Rotom-W, able to together check a good majority of the metagame and spread status if Thunder Wave is being ran

Last edited:
Tbh I didn't have to think too much about this one, it's one of those things that automatically pops into your head. Like if you say Skarm, I'll say bliss, if you say Bolt, I'll say beam, you say Volt, I say turn, and if you say dumb, I'll say Abhi. I might or might not have meant the last one.
:ss/Scizor:
Scizor (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 244 HP / 60 Def / 204 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Swords Dance/Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

This forms an amazing Volt-turn core with :Lanturn:. Wash lures in grasses, scizor quad resists grass as well as can just click stab u turn. These both together check threats, can heal, can cripple, and most importantly can pivot, which is kinda instrumental for :Kyurem-White: to succeed.
The spread is for checking :Gardevoir: as well as opposing :Kyurem-White: , along with :Sneasel: and :Pawniard: too. The moves are fairly obvious, sd can be replaced by knock, depending on the team.
Let's make this Talah Sample 2.0

Last edited:

Corviknight @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 244 HP / 176 Def / 88 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Body Press
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn

I really don't want to be that guy bringing the boring picks but Corviknight fits so well here. It sinergyzes well with Rotom-Wash as the VolTurn core pf the team with Corvi taking on offensive Grass types while Rotom takes on Heatran. Also, Corvi deals with a lot ot troublesome foes to Kyurem, like Weavile, Kartana and Tapu Lele. Lastly, every respectable Specs Kyurem team needs a reliable Defogger and who's better than then the premier Defogger of the tier? Well technically no-one but if you've got some heat coming it might sway my opinion around.

STOP RUNNING 252 HP ON STUFF WITHOUT A THOUGHT. 252 hp corviknight reaches a quite beautiful clean 400 HP, but that's trash for a defogger really, because it is divisible by 8 (400 : 8 = 50 of course) which means stealth rock would deal exactly 50 HP of damage since corvi's neutral to rocks and thus take 1/8 hp of damage.
If you keep in mind that every fraction is rounded down in pokèmon, if you just drop 8 evs from HP you still get an even number which means roost recovers exactly 50% but you actually take 1 less hp from stealth rock: (398 : 8 = 49.75, which means 49 because Pokémon don't want any of this .75 bs when calculating damage). This little tweak changes nothing with the Tapu Lele Psychic calc and even adds a bit more power into body press, however meaningless.
Also, if you really want it to, placing those 8 evs from HP to special defense, you actually get to live 2 shadowballs from specs pult from full hp. it aint happening since corvi is your defogger, but it still there and actually shows that those 252 hp evs are actually completely pointless because you improve rolls on whatever side of defense you choose to place thos 8 evs, you won't lose anything relevant on the other side and you take less damage from rocks.

:dragapult:
252 SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Shadow Ball vs. 244 HP / 96 SpD Corviknight: 168-198 (42.2 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 88 SpD Corviknight: 169-201 (42.2 - 50.2%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO

:tapu lele:
252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Psychic vs. 252 HP / 88 SpD Corviknight in Psychic Terrain: 148-174 (37 - 43.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Psychic vs. 244 HP / 96 SpD Corviknight in Psychic Terrain: 147-173 (36.9 - 43.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Katy

Banned deucer.
Hello everyone, let's get this rolling now, with the Voting Stage, remember the previous Pokemon are Kyurem and Rotom-W, so what do you guys think will fit well with these two Pokemon? Here are our submissions:

A. :Heatran: by Magnum
Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 136 SpD / 120 Spe
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic

B. :Scizor: by Dr Ya Yeet
Scizor (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 244 HP / 60 Def / 204 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Swords Dance/Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

C. :Melmetal: by Shadesan
Melmetal @ Protective Pads
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 124 SpD / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Double Iron Bash
- Thunder Punch
- Superpower
- Thunder Wave
D. :corviknight: by SLDR
Corviknight @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 244 HP / 176 Def / 88 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Body Press
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn

Lets vote, voting ends in 2 days! Happy Voting!
:blobthumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)