Resource SS OU DLC2 Viability Ranking Thread [SEE: Page 105, Post 2618]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
The moment Finch said 'fuck it', I legit laughed. For whatever reason I somehow had a feeling of what was to come and I was not disappointed. We should ban Pex to ubers, maybe even ag. Pex has proven itself to be too much for ou and maybe it would be too much for the likes of Shadow Calyrex and Zekrom. It rivals Mega Ray in terms of impact

Rise
:shedinja: C- -> A+

Everyone's complaining about Toxapex being "too powerful", but I'm going to say that Toxapex isn't that great, and everyone's overlooking the true underdog, Shedinja, this corpse is a really broken mon, because it could cheese Toxapex using Final Gambit, "bUT iT oNLy hAs oNE hP", that 1 HP doesn't matter, since all gens except gen 7 (it has no pokedex entry in SM USUM) and gen 8 (it doesn't say so) talk about how it steals someone's soul, and it's not specified for people, so it could die in front of the Toxapex's soul, and then steal it, that means that Shedinja can easily OHKO it with no effort, and here's some situations where Toxapex would theorectically be able to beat it but it wouldn't work:

Toxic: doesn't make Shedinja faint immediately (DIE)

Baneful Bunker: Puts Shedinja in front of Toxapex (DIE)

Scald: is too slow to kill Shedinja (DIE)

Haze: clears all stat changes, and Toxapex (DIE)

The reason why Shedinja isn't S tier, is because Shedinja's back could face the wrong way, and make the Toxapex confused why it would pull off such a stupid move, but Shedinja is great regardless, and anyone who disagrees with me probably disagrees with me

Last edited:

SidTheShuckle

Everyday I’m Shucklin’
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
they say you need to make a Clef Corv Pex set in order to win, but as you see in this VR update, all you need is a Pex and ONLY PEX to become OU Top Ladder and win in every tour! Might as well unban the Species Clause since Pex is the only viable option, I'm ready to face a 6 v 6 Pex Team, BRING IT ON

ok my head hurts after playing the April 1st update of amogus now im seeing everything backwards and i need to sleep now so goodnight, and LET'S GO FINCHTOUR34 (im mentally drunk and i dont even drink)

With innumerable possible strategies ranging from tactical Regenerator loop switching to relentless Regenerator loop switching, it should be no shock that Toxapex has had such an impact on the competitive landscape, including raising the rates of childhood degeneracy by a whopping 33.3%. Even when you are able to seemingly pin down Toxapex with your offensive assault over countless turns of pressure, which is a rarity as is, Toxapex will end up near full health while your entire party will be burnt or poisoned before you know. And before you go ahead and write Toxapex off as just another pretty face with a strong ability that makes it challenging to kill like fellow Regenerator users Slowbro, Slowking, and Tangrowth, Toxapex is so much more than this! Ladder players may convince you Toxapex is just a stall demon or status spreader who will ruin your fun, but this is not true.

On contrary, Toxapex is a master of anything and everything competitive Pokemon. You will be scolding your opponent's into submission in no time if you add this metagame staple to your team. As the explanations for the drops below will show you, Toxapex has a wide array of possible sets that lets it function in just about every capacity one could recognize in competitive Pokemon. Wall? Yep, high base defenses. Breaker? It will make you shatter your screen out of anger, so you're breaking through the opposition with ease. Sweeper? Going to need a broom to clean up the remains of your opponent by the time you're done with them. Pivot? **Engages Regenerator loop** Lead? Get them Toxic Spikes up. You name it, Toxapex can do it comfortably and we will show how much of a metagame defining presence is by outlining the impact it has on drops below.
Surprised you don't even mention Pex's best set: Merciless Specs.

Granted, you need T-Spikes support, but that's not too hard to come by. Pex can either run T-Spikes on the last slot ala Ash-Greninja or have its pre-evo Mareanie set them up. And the payoff is massive. Between Hex and Venoshock, Pex has no safe switch-ins.
252+ SpA Choice Specs Toxapex Venoshock (130 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable on a critical hit: 650-768 (164.9 - 194.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Toxapex Venoshock (130 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey on a critical hit: 229-271 (32 - 37.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after poison damage
252+ SpA Choice Specs Toxapex Venoshock (130 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rillaboom on a critical hit: 804-948 (235.7 - 278%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Toxapex Hex (130 BP) vs. 212 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Slowbro-Galar on a critical hit: 358-422 (93.2 - 109.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Choice Specs Toxapex Hex (130 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Toxapex on a critical hit: 147-174 (48.3 - 57.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and toxic damage

Requesting Blissey be moved down to UR as well. Failing to wall the best special attacker in the tier makes it quite a fringe pick as a Special Wall.

Rise - Kadabra Unranked-S

It 1HKOes Toxapex

252 SpA Choice Specs Kadabra Psychic vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Toxapex: 306-362 (100.6 - 119%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Plus, with Magic Guard, it is immune to damage from Toxic and Scald burns, making it the perfect Toxapex counter
252 SpA Choice Specs Kadabra Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Toxapex: 236-278 (77.6 - 91.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery
LIES.
0 Atk Toxapex Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Kadabra: 234-276 (105.8 - 124.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Do not believe this Anti-Pex slander. One does not simply OHKO Lord Pex.

TailGlowVM

Now 100% more demonic
:reuniclus: to A+: Toxapex's one true counter, and it completely sets up on it unharmed, striking fear into even the most Merciless of Pex.

Do you have the next update scheduled yet?

252 SpA Choice Specs Kadabra Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Toxapex: 236-278 (77.6 - 91.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery
LIES.
0 Atk Toxapex Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Kadabra: 234-276 (105.8 - 124.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Do not believe this Anti-Pex slander. One does not simply OHKO Lord Pex.
cough cough

252+ SpA Choice Specs Kadabra Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Toxapex: 284-336 (93.4 - 110.5%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

I have some things to say about today's Zacian Crowned suspect. While it may have 170 attack and 148 speed, I believe it's only a C+ pokemon at most in this metagame. Why? Well,

+1 252+ Atk burned Zacian-Crowned Wild Charge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 106-125 (34.8 - 41.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Now, you may be asking, why is Zacian already burnt? Well, as we all know, Toxapex gets the move scald. It's common knowledge that scald has a 100% burn rate if the opponent's Toxapex uses it. This means Toxapex hard walls Zacian once it's burnt, and it can even haze any swords dance boosts. What an amazing pokemon Toxapex is, singlehandedly dropping the viability of a box legendary off a cliff.

TLDR: Pex good, doggo owned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)