RoA GC logo by Alcor!
- This is a standard SS OU tournament.
- This tournament will be a Global Championship. (explained below!)
- You may switch teams in between battles for your Bo3 (Best of 3s).
- Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!.
- Replays will not be required until Top 8.
- Activity calls will be made by the hosts, potentially with neutral assistance from a RoA Forum Moderator. Coin flips will be done publicly on PS!
- In the event that something is added to or removed from the SS OU metagame in the middle of a round, that change will be in effect starting the next round.
- Do not cheat.Cheating will result in a disqualification; additional punishments may be applied as necessary. Cheating includes, but is not limited to:
- Signing up with more than one account
- Ghosting or being ghosted by another player
- Manipulating match outcomes
- Do not harass or insult your opponents. I reserve the right to disqualify anyone breaking this rule. Additional punishments may be applied as necessary.TOURNAMENT FORMATSS OU (OverUsed) Format
Each round will consist of 2 stages. The first stage each player will be given 2 sets of pairings, in which they play a Best of 3 vs both opponents. After the first stage is completed, players who win both their matches go through to the next round, while players who lost twice are eliminated. The players who went 1-1 battle it out in a tiebreaker Bo3 in stage 2 to join the two-time winners in the next round.
Example Breakdown (64 Players)
Round 1: Stage 1 - 2 sets of 32 Bo3 matches (64 unseeded players, subs period) & Stage 2
Round 2: Stage 1 - 2 sets of 16 Bo3 matches (32 unseeded players) & Stage 2
Round 3: Stage 1 - 2 sets of 8 Bo3 matches (16 unseeded players) & Stage 2
Round 4: Stage 1 - 2 sets of 4 Bo3 matches (8 unseeded players) & Stage 2
Round 5: Stage 1 - 2 sets of 2 Bo3 matches (4 unseeded players) & Stage 2
Finals: Stage 1 - 2 sets of Bo3 matches (2 unseeded players) & Stage 2
Stage 1 End: Players with 2 match wins go through, and those with 2 losses are eliminated.
Stage 2: Players with a 1-1 record play each other in a Bo3 match to see who progresses (or wins the final)
You play two Bo3s each round against two different opponents:
If you win both Bo3s in Round: Advance to Next Round
If you lose both Bo3s in Round: Eliminated from Tournament
If you go 1-1, meaning you win one Bo3 and lose the other: Play in a final Bo3 in Stage 2 - winner of the set moves on while loser is eliminated
What are we playing for?
- Banned Pokémon
- All Pokémon in the "Uber" tier.
- Banned Moves
- Baton Pass
- Banned Abilities
- Arena Trap, Shadow Tag, Power Construct
- Sleep Clause, Species Clause, OKHO Clause, Evasion Clause, Moody Clause, Endless Battle Clause, Dynamax Clause
This tournament will award points towards the 2023 SS Circuit (check it out here!), which awards a ribbon to the winner of the entire circuit.
Links and utilities:
- SS OU Sample Teams
- Sword & Shield Forum
- Tournament Rules and General Guidelines
- Tournament Scheduling Guidelines
- Activity Win GuidelinesTo sign up, simply post "in" in this thread!
Signups will close Sunday, April 2nd at 11:59 PM (GMT -4).
If you have any question, feel free to contact the hosts through Smogon PM/VMs, or on Discord!