Project SS OU Lure That Threat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeno420

Banned deucer.
Welcome to Lure That Threat!

We had a tie between Blaziken and Clefable last around. Even after an extension it resulted in a tie. So, as the co-host for this week I have decided to break the tie by voting for Soft Sand Blaziken! Congrats julian113! Your submission will be added to the HoF soon.

This week’s threat is … Dragapult!

:ss/dragapult:

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn

- Flamethrower

Dragapult made its debut this gen and has solidly remained on top of the meta game in part thanks to the removal of pursuit. Being the 3rd fastest mon in the meta outside of scarfers with access to one of the most spam-able moves had made pult extremely hard to deal with. Although it’s measly 100 spattack stat often leaves more to be desired. But it’s great speed and insane move pool more than makes up for it. How would you lure this demon?

You have 5 days to post a dragapult lure! Good luck and enjoy.​

Last edited:
"KasiBro"

:ss/slowbro::kasib berry:
Slowbro @ Kasib Berry

Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 184 Def / 76 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Teleport
- Future Sight

- Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave

the customization that slowbro allows is vastly underexplored, as people tend to follow the usual trends of rocky helmet or colburpress as they are tried and trusted. however, I actively fight against the idea of mindlessly sticking to what's the "main set" and always try to instead focus on what is the best set for the specific team. in all honesty, a lot of times what fits the team is what fits the meta anyway (which is why a certain set is indeed the most popular/recommended), but slowbro allows for quite the tweaking to its flagship sets since it has a huge movepool and fits many archetypes due to the role compression it provides. this set right here fits those team that are in need of something to thwart demons such as specs pult and specs blacephalon, but can't fit weavile in it. most importantly, as it is the point of this thread, this set allows you to lure and cripple both pult and blacephalon with thunder wave and, in the former's case, a supereffective ice beam. ice beam also nicely complements slowbro's positive matchup vs certain threats such as garchomp, dragonite and landorus-t. it also works well alongside thunder wave, as no ground type wants smoke with slowbro in the first place and mostly ice beam takes care of those that dare. on more offensive teams, slack off is usually just there to occupy space since slowbro is usually staying in to click teleport or future sight + teleport. this slowbro is meant for those type of teams.
very specific, but luring itself requires a specific attention in the first place, but also you'd be surprise from how much you can actually achieve if you give slowbro another moveslot.

:dragapult:
252 SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Shadow Ball vs. 248 HP / 76 SpD Kasib Berry Slowbro: 180-213 (45.8 - 54.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 76 SpD Slowbro: 291-343 (74 - 87.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
i felt like living a draco after rocks was important to allow more safety when facing pult.

0 SpA Slowbro Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Dragapult: 164-194 (51.7 - 61.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

bonus :blacephalon: calc
252 SpA Choice Specs Blacephalon Shadow Ball vs. 248 HP / 76 SpD Kasib Berry Slowbro: 240-283 (61 - 72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock​

Last edited:
I've been waiting for this.
My power is unmeasureable and my favourite form of sinning, cp mew is the mon + set id like to talk about. i'll show you the permanent brain damage and "fun" wreaked by this monster.
Mew @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Cosmic Power
- Stored Power
- Roost
- Body Press
Now this might seem like a simple or random spread but is expertly calced by the well this isnt heat just torture lord me.

252 SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Shadow Ball vs. +1 252 HP / 4+ SpD Mew: 200-236 (49.5 - 58.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and 3 layers of Spikes

calced to make sure this doesnt happen if i play like a dumbass

+2 0 SpA Mew Stored Power (140 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Dragapult: 379-447 (119.5 - 141%) -- guaranteed OHKO Even if that guy gets a spdef drop its a guaranteed kill

+2 0 SpA Mew Stored Power (120 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Dragapult: 325-384 (102.5 - 121.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

you dont need a boost to live.

252 SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 4+ SpD Mew: 296-350 (73.2 - 86.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

and in return you got a pretty good chance of killing.

+2 0 SpA Mew Stored Power (100 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Dragapult: 271-321 (85.4 - 101.2%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
Anyways have a great afternoon/morning/evening/night and feel free to use the spread :)

New to this thread, so just tell me if I'm doing anything wrong.

BuzzWhat?
:Expert-Belt: :ss/Buzzwole: :Expert-Belt:
Buzzwole @ Expert Belt
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 40 HP / 216 Atk / 252 Def
Adamant Nature
- Darkest Lariat
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Roost

Overview:
Despite being an OU Pokemon, Buzzwole is not as prominent or popular as others from its tier - I mean, the Showdown Calculator isn't even updated on the Smogon Sample Set (try saying that five times, fast!) However, it's still good! Let's exploit our favorite mosquito with a set I made myself, capable of luring and OHKOing Dragapult while still maintaining Buzzwole's role as an Offensive Tank/Physical Wall.

Why is he a good lure?
  • Buzzwole's STABs only tickle Dragapult.​
  • Buzzwole has an alarmingly low Sp. Def.​
  • Dragapult has access to Flamethrower. (While it sounds good in practice, it actually does less damage than Draco Meteor.)​
Calcs:
216+ Atk Expert Belt Buzzwole Darkest Lariat vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Dragapult: 317-374 (100 - 117.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Buzzwole Close Combat vs. Dragapult: 0-0 (0 - 0%) -- possibly the worst move ever
216+ Atk Buzzwole Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Dragapult: 124-147 (39.1 - 46.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Shadow Ball vs. 40 HP / 0 SpD Buzzwole: 271-321 (74.2 - 87.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Draco Meteor vs. 40 HP / 0 SpD Buzzwole: 441-519 (120.8 - 142.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0- Atk Dragapult U-turn vs. 40 HP / 252 Def Buzzwole: 17-20 (4.6 - 5.4%) -- possibly the worst move ever
252 SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Flamethrower vs. 40 HP / 0 SpD Buzzwole: 408-480 (111.7 - 131.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Final Notes:
Some Dragapults will be wary and anticipate the lure, because Ice Punch is a well-known staple on Buzzwole.
Well, thinking about it now, Buzzwole probably wasn't the best idea. I can't say I didn't have fun though! Good luck to you guys, have fun posting and I hope our time here will be the very best, like nothing ever was.
I'm sorry, I know it's cringy.

Last edited:

agslash23

Banned deucer.
:ss/Alakazam:

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

A Dragapult-like Fast Breaker of the Yesteryears, Alakazam can lure and paralyze Dragapult, completely ruining its niche as a Fast, Strong Pokemon. Later on in the game, after a few Stealth Rock chips, Alakazam can proceed to RK Dragapult.

KasibMew (SD 3A)
:ss/mew:

Mew @ Kasib Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Triple Axel
- Sucker Punch
- Psychic Fangs

Mew is highly unpredictable, possessing the utility to bait just about anything it wants to-- including Dragapult (and the occasional unsuspecting Blacephalon). The bait is very simple, use Kasib Berry to tank a Shadow Ball and get the jump on Dragapult. This set has trouble with a healthy Dragapult, but it is easy to wear down with Hazards or U-Turn punishing. Be weary of clicking into U-Turn sequences from Dragapult, and make sure bulky Steel-types are removed as they can jeopardize the bait.

This set fits onto offensive builds, doing particularly well as a Dragapult bait on HO.

:mew:Mew​

252 Atk Mew Triple Axel (40 BP) (3 hits) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Dragapult: 276-330 (87 - 104.1%) -- approx. 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Mew Triple Axel (40 BP) (3 hits) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Dragapult: 276-330 (87 - 104.1%) -- approx. 6.3% chance to OHKO

252 Atk Mew Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Dragapult: 162-192 (51.1 - 60.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252 Atk Mew Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Dragapult: 322-380 (101.5 - 119.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Mew Psychic Fangs vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Dragapult: 147-174 (46.3 - 54.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 Atk Mew Psychic Fangs vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Dragapult: 292-345 (92.1 - 108.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Mew Psychic Fangs vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Dragapult: 147-174 (46.3 - 54.8%) -- 60.5% chance to 2HKO
+2 252 Atk Mew Psychic Fangs vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Dragapult: 292-345 (92.1 - 108.8%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

:dragapult:Dragapult​

252 SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mew: 264-312 (77.4 - 91.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mew: 264-312 (77.4 - 91.4%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Kasib Berry Mew: 163-193 (47.8 - 56.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

:Blacephalon: Blacephalon (related calcs)​

252 Atk Mew Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Blacephalon: 212-250 (85.8 - 101.2%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Mew Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Blacephalon: 212-250 (85.8 - 101.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Choice Specs Blacephalon Overheat vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mew: 354-417 (103.8 - 122.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Blacephalon Overheat vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mew: 237-279 (69.5 - 81.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Last edited:

Raptor

is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Welcome to Lure That Threat!

We have a tie between kasib mew and kasib slowbro for the last round. I personally liked the kasib slowbro so I will give it my vote, so the winner is SLDR congratz!! Soon I will add you to the hall of fame.

This week's threat is ... Landorus-Therian!

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 164 SpD / 92 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

- Toxic

- U-turn

Landorus, a pokemon introduced in the 5th generation and is the second member of the legendary trio of the forces of nature. This pokemon has always proven to be a threat in ou and can fill many roles on your team and they will all be useful. How would you lure this amazing ground type pokemon?

You have until Sunday 23:50 PM GMT-5 to post a Landorus lure, enjoy posting! :)

Last edited:
Reserving Toxic Zeraora

Toxic Zeraora
:ss/Zeraora:
Zeraora @ Heavy-Duty Boots :Heavy-duty boots:
Ability: Volt Absorb
Jolly Nature
- Toxic
- Plasma Fists
- Knock Off
- Close Combat

Toxic Zeraora is a great bait for Landorus, as it loves to prevent Zeraora from making progress. While Zeraora often relies on partners to make progress for it, Toxic Zeraora can create its own and slowly whittle away at Landorus. This is particularly successful as its most common set, Bulk Up, struggles to get past Landorus and Toxic is unexpected.

Landorus, being linear and splashable in nature, means that most things are better off selecting common methods of counterplay. Zeraora is one of the few things that doesn't lose much by changing its coverage, being a natural lure.

Last edited:

agslash23

Banned deucer.
:ss/Heatran:

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Modest Nature
Ability: Flash Fire
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Eruption
- Stealth Rock/Taunt

In SS OU, SpDef Lando is often a team's dedicated Heatran switch-in, as it avoids 3KHO from SpDef Tran's Mamga Storm. However, Heatran turns the table on its head by using a max offensive set, as now it can outspeed and 2HKO Lando easily. By holding Air Balloon, it avoids EQs in a pinch, which means that Lando is forced to use Knock-off or U-Turn on Heatran initially, which doesn't do a lot of damage.

252+ SpA Heatran Eruption (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 164+ SpD Landorus-Therian: 244-288 (63.8 - 75.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Last edited:
Aqua Tail Garchomp
:SS/garchomp:
Garchomp @ Leftovers
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Scale Shot
- Earthquake
- Aqua Tail

While lando isn't usually one's team answer to chomp, it is commonly used to pivot into its earthquakes to get an intimidate drop and safely grab momentum with u-turn on either chomp switching out or clicking something that isn't earthquake. usually, that something is either fire fang, which does no damage, or scale shot, which does unreliable damage and drops garchomp's defense.

Now, if garchomp is teammate of other sweepers such as bulk up zeraora or quiver dance volcarona that need/appreciate landorus being weakened and don't care about steel birds, then aqua tail is the perfect move to smack landorus-t with:

+1 252 Atk Garchomp Aqua Tail vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Landorus-Therian: 322-380 (84.2 - 99.4%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

with lando being also a prominent defogger and prone to be knocked off, it isn't hard to force some small chip into it, but even then it's not really needed. aqua tail chomp will leave landorus-t unable to fulfill any of the job it's supposed to.

how it happens is that a lando trying to pivot around an earthquake aimed at heatran will find itself smoked by +1 aqua tail instead. this can happen if chomp has already boosted or if chomp boosts on the switch to lando.

NOTE: this lure is effective only if garchomp is played on anything other than rain because chomp will almost always run fire fang or stone edge instead. that being said, you should definitely expect aqua tail on every garchomp you see on a rain team.

Last edited:
Mixed Attacker Jirachi

:ss/jirachi:
Jirachi @ Expert Belt
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 132 Atk / 160 SpA / 216 Spe
Rash Nature
- Iron Head
- Icy Wind
- Thunderbolt / Grass Knot
- Aura Sphere

The goal of Mixed Jirachi is to lure in typical switchins, then hit them with a super-effective coverage move. With Icy Wind, it can take on Ground-types that could otherwise comfortably tank an Iron Head, a category which includes Landorus-Therian. It's normally a 2HKO, but if Stealth Rock is up, the chip damage from switching in on Iron Head may be enough to put it in KO range if the damage rolls are in your favor.

Expert Belt boosts the damage of Jirachi's super-effective attacks without revealing its item, allowing it to bluff a Choice Scarf. Alternatively, Jirachi can use a Shuca Berry to take an Earthquake, but it does result in a noticeable drop in power.

160+ SpA Expert Belt Jirachi Icy Wind vs. 252 HP / 164+ SpD Landorus-Therian: 221-264 (57.8 - 69.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
160+ SpA Expert Belt Jirachi Icy Wind vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Landorus-Therian: 206-245 (53.9 - 64.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Last edited:

Daki

❄️
is a Social Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Ice beam Clefable

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Stealth Rock​

In my opinion Clefable is the best bait for Landorus. Clefable is a naturally bulky mon that can absorb all kind of damage depending its set.
It is not only able to set the rocks, but he can also neutralize OU's most famous rock poser: Landorus.
Due to its talent, the choice of possibilities for Landorus is very limited: it can only set rocks, earthquake or u-turn which will give Clefable the opportunity to land an Ice beam and setting the rocks.

You can find some calcs to consolidate my choice:
0 SpA Clefable Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 164 SpD Landorus-Therian: 248-296 (64.9 - 77.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
While
0 Atk Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 200 Def Clefable: 153-180 (38.8 - 45.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)