Project SS OU Lure That Threat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Centiskorch fire blast
Before this thread gets too flooded, I'd just like to say that you should try to familiarize yourself with competitive Pokemon before jumping straight into the events. Try to learn what the metagame is like, how to deal common threats, and also the common terminology used in both Pokemon Showdown and the Smogon forums. No one can just magically become good at something without practice or improvement and that improvement is usually a slow process. I suggest building teams in Pokemon Showdown and going in the ladder with them. Even if your first teams won't be that good, it will still help you find your playstyle and ultimately improve as a player. Once you've gotten a better understanding on Pokemon Showdown, you can come back here with more knowledge on how to create sets for these kinds of events. Anyways, I hope the conversation ends here because the last thing I want is to flood the thread and make it harder to read other people's submissions. If you have any questions about competitive pokemon, here is a good place.

also make sure read a thread's rules before posting in said thread for obvious reasons

Last edited:
Whoops. Changed from Hydreigon because it doesn't count as a lure in this case.

:clefable:
Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Mystical Fire
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled

While this moveset is designed to annoy Special Attackers with Calm Mind + Mystical Fire, the latter OHKOes Kartana even without a boost! If you predict a switch to Kartana, click Mystical Fire, and... wait, what happened to their Kartana? Oh, looks like it got incinerated...

If you want, you can also run Heavy-Duty Boots + Unaware, but you'd be giving up an item slot.

Idk, I'm the tired equivalent of drunk, and I'm a noob.

:clefable: 252+ SpA Clefable Mystical Fire vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Kartana: 688-812 (265.6 - 313.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO :kartana:

:Kartana: 2 252 Atk Life Orb Kartana Leaf Blade vs. 0 HP / 252 Def Clefable: 238-281 (71.9 - 84.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery :clefable:

Last edited:

Milo

I'm Your Man
is a Community Contributor
Voting is up! Ends Sunday!

:bw/Slowbro:
Slowbro @ Rindo Berry :Rindo Berry:
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Fire Blast
- Slack Off
- Teleport

Slowbro is quite weak to Kartana and Rillaboom despite being physically bulky but that can be solved with the Rindo Berry! Rindo Berry halves the damage of incoming Grass-type attacks and allows Slowbro to hit Kartana and Rillaboom to the face with Flamethrower or Fire Blast.

:Kartana: -> :Slowbro:
252 Atk Kartana Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Rindo Berry Slowbro: 127-151 (32.2 - 38.3%) -- 96.7% chance to 3HKO

252 Atk Kartana Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 184-218 (46.7 - 55.3%) -- 71.1% chance to 2HKO

:Slowbro: -> :Kartana:
0 SpA Slowbro Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Kartana: 616-728 (237.8 - 281%) -- guaranteed OHKO

0 SpA Slowbro Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Kartana: 752-888 (290.3 - 342.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
/SPOILER]
a cat fucking burns down an orphanage

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Psychic Fangs
- Close Combat

cat dies to knock off
252 Atk Life Orb Kartana Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 354-419 (103.8 - 122.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
kart comes in thinking its safe vs a spiker
dd on the switch and then the fucking grass ass paper dies
+1 252 Atk Mew Fire Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kartana: 324-384 (125 - 148.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

KILL IT WITH FIRE
Reserving flamethrower Blissey (nvm it's a chansey now)

Chansey commits arson and Kartana fucking dies

:ss/chansey:

:chansey:Chansey (F) @ Eviolite:eviolite:
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Seismic Toss
- Flamethrower
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic / Stealth Rock

I originally was gonna submit Blissey instead of Chansey but I found out that Chansey is a much better lure since banded Kartana is still able to OHKO Blissey. Chansey is able to take a hit from every Kartana set and OHKO it back with Flamethrower. The standard Blissey and Chansey sets can't even touch Kartana. If a team has Kartana in it, they'll probably use it as their main Blissey / Chansey switch in (especially in the hyper offense teams swords dance kartana is normally used in).
What makes Chansey even better as a Kartana lure is that it has more than enough hp to spare that you can still tank a few more special attacks before dying. Use soft boiled once or twice and you're good as new. You don't even have to lose a team member.

:chansey:->:kartana::choice-band::choice-scarf::life-orb:0 SpA Chansey Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Kartana: 276-328 (106.5 - 126.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
:chansey:->:kartana::protective-pads:0 SpA Chansey Flamethrower vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Kartana: 172-204 (66.1 - 78.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
:kartana::choice-band: ->:chansey:252 Atk Choice Band Kartana Sacred Sword vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 500-590 (71.1 - 83.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
:kartana::choice-scarf: ->:chansey:252 Atk Kartana Sacred Sword vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 334-394 (47.5 - 56%) -- 82.4% chance to 2HKO
:kartana::life-orb: ->:chansey:252 Atk Life Orb Kartana Sacred Sword vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 434-512 (61.7 - 72.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
:kartana::protective-pads: ->:chansey:0- Atk Kartana Sacred Sword vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 252-298 (35.8 - 42.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
:kartana::protective-pads: ->:chansey:+2 0- Atk Kartana Sacred Sword vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 502-592 (71.4 - 84.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Whoops. Changed from Hydreigon because it doesn't count as a lure in this case.

:clefable:
Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Mystical Fire
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled

While this moveset is designed to annoy Special Attackers with Calm Mind + Mystical Fire, the latter OHKOes Kartana even without a boost! If you predict a switch to Kartana, click Mystical Fire, and... wait, what happened to their Kartana? Oh, looks like it got incinerated...

If you want, you can also run Heavy-Duty Boots + Unaware, but you'd be giving up an item slot.

Idk, I'm the tired equivalent of drunk, and I'm a noob.

:clefable: 252+ SpA Clefable Mystical Fire vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Kartana: 688-812 (265.6 - 313.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO :kartana:

:Kartana: 2 252 Atk Life Orb Kartana Leaf Blade vs. 0 HP / 252 Def Clefable: 238-281 (71.9 - 84.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery :clefable:

Orphan Slayer:mew:

The slowbro set is eh because it sacrifices future sight in order to work

And it's not uncommon for Clefable to run flamethrower so Kartana would never risk switching in. They also fear the 22% of clefables that run thunder wave. Also mystical fire is dumb since flamethrower is right there

Mew is kinda flawed in this meta but at least it's an actual lure that doesn't sacrifice that much to work

And I can't vote for myself lol

Last edited:

Milo

I'm Your Man
is a Community Contributor
Congratulations to Bluecliqse for winning this week of Lure that Threat!

Our new threat will be...
:ss/urshifu-rapid-strike:
Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Choice Band
Ability: Unseen Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Surging Strikes

- Close Combat
- Aqua Jet
- U-turn

How will YOU lure this threat? Submissions end Friday!​

Giyu

Love is the most twisted curse of them all
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
:bw/Ferrothorn:
Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry :Chople Berry:
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Power Whip
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed / Thunder Wave
- Spikes / Stealth Rock

CB Urshifu-Rapid-Strike usually OHKOs Ferrothorn with Close Combat and is able to bypass Protect so it's impossible to scout what Urshifu will do. Chople Berry allows Ferrothorn to survive a Close Combat and OHKO with Power Whip after Urshifu gets it's defenses dropped. You can Thunder Wave as well but it doesn't immediately disable Urshifu as a threat since it hits things just as hard when paralysed.

:Ferrothorn: -> :Urshifu-Rapid-Strike:
0 Atk Ferrothorn Power Whip vs. -1 0 HP / 4 Def Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: 366-432 (107.3 - 126.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

0 Atk Ferrothorn Power Whip vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: 246-290 (72.1 - 85%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

:Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: -> :Ferrothorn:
252 Atk Choice Band Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chople Berry Ferrothorn: 175-207 (49.7 - 58.8%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO

252 Atk Choice Band Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 350-414 (99.4 - 117.6%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

Last edited:
Reserving Explosion Landorus

Explosion Landorus

:ss/landorus-therian:

:landorus-therian:Landorus-Therian (M) @ Normal Gem:normal-gem:
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Stone Edge / Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

Rapid Strike Urshifu is the textbook example of an offensive switch in to Landorus. Surging strikes doesn't care about intimidate, it outspeeds and OHKOs Landorus easily, and the most the standard Landorus set can do is set up rocks or u turn out. It could knock off, but even without choice band, Urshifu still OHKOs spdef Lando and leaves physically defensive Lando with just a slither of hp. So Urshifu comes into Landorus while you set up a rock polish. The opponent just assumes it's a random gimmick before you retaliate with a normal gem boosted explosion. This lure works best in hyper offense teams that don't care about Landorus' defensive utility and just want a hard hitter to remove walls and priority users that would ruin your sweep.

Not including urshifu's surging strikes damage because you'd rock polish on the switch anyways + we all know surging strikes OHKOs
:landorus-therian:->:urshifu-rapid-strike:252 Atk Normal Gem Landorus-Therian Explosion vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: 382-450 (112 - 131.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
:urshifu-rapid-strike:->:landorus-therian:252 Atk Choice Band Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Landorus-Therian: 216-254 (67.7 - 79.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Last edited:
28EAADAF-6DEE-4F2E-8601-A960BE8B7796.gif

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Triple Axel
- Low Kick​

Wanted to go Psycho Cut, but Low Kick is more useful outside of OHKOing Shifu. TL;DR, if they go into Shifu as you SD, it’ll eat a +2 LO boosted Low Kick and just die after rocks. 50/50 chance tho but wearing down Shifu slightly shouldn’t be too hard.

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Weavile Low Kick (100 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: 292-344 (85.6 - 100.8%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Last edited:

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
:ss/volcarona:
Volcarona @ Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 48 Def / 228 SpA / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Flamethrower
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain / Bug Buzz

252 Atk Choice Band Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 48 Def Volcarona: 260-308 (83.6 - 99%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Most Urshifus are gonna cut short Volcarona's sweep because of aqua jet. Not anymore

"Why do you stay in against Urshifu?"

"To give him hope."

"Hope?"

"So I could rip it away from him."

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Weavile Low Kick (100 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: 292-344 (85.6 - 100.8%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
Idk what to feel about a lure that requires rngesus to take pity on you in order to actually work tbh
:weavile:+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Weavile Low Kick (100 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: 292-344 (85.6 - 100.8%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)