Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Protect

This is the main pokemon that I wanted to build around. I usually lead with it if there are no other obvious choices. It has both leech seed and stealth rocks, to punish pokemon both for staying in and switching out, with protect to stall for leech seed and leftover procs and gyro ball to deal some damage while stalling, as well as to punishing trying to switch in to a fast sweeper.

:toxapex:
Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Recover
- Haze
- Toxic Spikes

Another mainly defensive pokemon, and its types pairs well with Ferrothorn. Haze stops setup as it is happening, and although quagsire is usually the switch in for set-up pokemon because unaware, having a duplicate effect is good. Fecover helps stall. Scald can burn, and is also a good source of damage. toxic spikes are another way to punish switch ins

:mandibuzz:
Mandibuzz @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 144 SpD / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Defog
- Foul Play
- Roost

This is a good type complement on type to the other two, as well has acting mostly as utility. It acts as the main spinner for the team with defog. Knockoff is nice utility, roost for healing, and foul play for damage, especially on high attackers

:quagsire:
Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
- Earthquake
- Haze
- Recover
- Scald

The team so far seemed to have 2 main weaknesses, a weakness to electricity, and the inability to handle set-up pokemon. Quagsire handles both these cases very well. Unaware keeps it from taking to much damage from the buffed pokemon, and haze can then knock out the buffs so the rest of the team can switch back in. Earthquake helps kill the electric types, and recover are both useful to keep stalling. Scald is just another good damage move for some coverage

:blissey:
Blissey (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Natural Cure
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flamethrower
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic
- Teleport

This pokemon just works well for the stall. it is supremely bulky, and often a good switchin, as it can survive most hits. It can heal itself from damage with recover. Toxic is there so I can actually kill while stailling. Flamethrower was chosen over seismic toss just because it deals more damage against grass types that the team struggles with, especially kartana and ferrothorn. Teleport to get the switch onto the next best pokemon.

:clefable:
Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled
- Knock Off
- Moonblast

Fairy type is useful type coverage, and moonbeam ended up being one of the best damaging moves on the team. Although its not most damage, it is usually the best switch-in when opponenets are trying to counter-stall me, as the rest of the pokemon can't really out damage revcover type moves Having a second knockoff and stealth rocks is good, as both are important for the team, so having a backup of both is good. And soft-boil, just to last as long as possible.

Huh, I don't get it, there are only 2 mons in common in Blissey and Toxapex, else is all different..?
I said "had become". Meaning I was making changes to the team, but I ended up with the exact same set of Skarmory/Corviknight/Blissey/Toxapex/Gastrodon/Reuniclus. There's no point in typing it all out when I can simply link the finished product.

The general structure of the team sounds pretty sound, I would just like to add some small moveset changes

1. you have rocks twice and no spikes, and spikes is almost the only reason to run ferro on stall, I would definitely change SR to spikes on ferro
2. flamethrower on blissey is quite weak, as it runs of blissey's below average uninvested special attack stat, and can't really threaten much outside of something like kartana, which will probably KO it first. seismic toss is blissey's most reliable attacking option by far, and ice beam has niche use to hit dragapult, and mandi should be able to handle the grass types quite well unless they set up too much, as well as ferro if you dont run into fighting coverage. against opposing ferro you should be just able to knock it off, burn it and outlast it, remember stall is not about straight up killing your opponent, but grinding them down
3. knock off on ferro can be a viable alternative to protect, as it allows you to knock off some items you might not be able to with clef, but it's a judgement call between that and protect, as it's also good

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)