Weavile @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Triple Axel
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard

Another hazard stacking core this time focusing around Calm Mind Tapu Koko and Victini setting up for the former in becoming an amazing wincondition. Hippowdon and Skarmory are amazing defensive core as well as hazard setters for these type of teams with Sand Strom making chip a lot easier to wear down stuff, and Hippowdon is even running Whirlwind to phase out set up attackers notably Volcarona and Clefable. Skarmory is running speed here lets it be faster than max Speed Magnezone can be helpful in hitting hard back after a boost and even picking it off on the switch. Scarf Tapu Fini fitted nice here since it help in dealing with Urshifu-R, Volcarona, and Weavile gave the team a lot better speed control in handling with Dragapult and friends. Defog seems redundant here cause of hazard stack, but it helps with Hippodown and Tapu Fini from getting overwhelmed by opposing hazard stack teams, and really would be click when you know you need to. Weavile concludes the team another great wincondition with spikes, and does Weavile things pretty self explanatory.

Tapu Koko + Mew Semi-Stall
:sm/tapu Koko: :sm/mew: I smol
:Tapu koko: :mew: :blissey: :Swampert: :Corviknight: :Toxapex:

I wanted to enter a submission for this thread. I started with the idea of building a semi stall with Tapu Koko + Block Imprison Mew. Tapu Koko functions as a late game cleaner and pivot for certain things (Almost all flyings, Slowking, Slowbro, Fini). Mew traps things and it allows the team to apply offensive pressure unlike other stalls. From there we have Blissey, Corviknight, Swampert, and Toxapex. Blissey is the team’s special wall and it absorbs special attacks. It has Toxic so it can put timers on Pokémon and it has status removal. Corviknight has Defog and Pressure removing hazards from your side and it deals with stuff like Kartana, Rilaboom, Landorous T, Hippowdown, other Corvs, Excadrill, SD Bisharp, and Dragonite (Iron Defense to catch up with attack boosts or get tanky). Swampert is on the team for Heatran and it has a copied set from another stall team in the Bazaar. It is also the rocker and it deals with Dracozolt which is a luxury for stall teams. The last mon on the team is Toxapex. It has constant recovery with Regenerator, and it fills in holes providing Haze for setup, Toxic for more constant damage, and Knock Off to remove items from things like Taunt CM Fini. Some Spdef EVs are added to not die from Dragapult so easily.

Weaknesses: :Tapu Lele::cloyster: (kings rock) :arctozolt: :garchomp:(lo fire blast) :tyranitar:(CB or something similar to garchomp)

HAX TO WORRY ABOUT SO ANNOYING - iron heads, ice beams, crits, MU Luck, air slash, icicle crash, paralysis

Edit: Thanks to Stockfish for giving me a replay! https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1362346814

Last edited:

airfare

is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OUPL Champion
It's time to vote!

Reminder: the voting system used is the Ranked Pairs format (the same as CAP uses). To vote you basically order your options like this: C>B>A>D, like this A>B=C>D, or like this D>C, assuming there are 4 team options (A, B, C, and D). If you choose not to vote for all teams, the last team(s) will be assumed to be last and valued equally if more than one got left out. Additionally, don't vote for your own submission. If you have any questions, by all means, contact me.

Team A by Katy
Bark Bark Imma Shark; Sharpedo and Seismitoad Rain Offense with Tapu Koko and Hawlucha-dore!
:ferrothorn: :pelipper: :seismitoad: :tapu Koko: :hawlucha: :sharpedo:
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- U-turn
- Defog

Seismitoad @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Substitute

Tapu Koko @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- U-turn
- Roost

Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 132 SpD / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Sharpedo @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Close Combat
- Protect

This is a rain team with Tapu Koko and Hawlucha as partners, as Hawlucha benefits from Unburden and Electric Seed, whereas Seismitoad benefits from Pelippers Drizzle to being able to clean up in the lategame. Ferrothorn is the entry hazard setter with the ability to check Kartana, Rillaboom, and Zeraora, alongside opposing Tapu Koko. Sharpedo can also act as a lategame cleaner thanks to its Speed Boost ability and its great coverage, it can also come in once on Dragapults Shadow Ball and uses Protect and get a Speed Boost and Crunch afterwards due to its higehr speed tier.
In overall this team profits from defensive backbones alongside offensive presence, and Sharpedo alongside Hawlucha are a fun core to use!
Team B by TotomonGang
KokoTini VoltTurn
:tapu-koko: :victini: :ferrothorn: :slowking: :buzzwole: :hydreigon:

I have wanted to build with the KokoTini core for a while now as they have some incredible breaking potential, momentum gaining abilities and incredible defensive utility, and that is excatly what they do in this team as spamming U-Turn is so free and sometimes just clicking the big V Create button takes kills. Ferrothorn and Slowking are the defnsive backbone of the team, Ferro provides crucial spikes so that trying to switch around Koko and Victini hurts even more while removing those annoying items and Slowking is the CEO of momentum which helps to reset the match on our favor. Buzzwole takes on Garchomp and Lando that trouble the rest of the team while being incredibly grateful to hit the field with all of the pivot support (even more with F Sight). And since Dragapult is fast af Hydreigon is here just to revenge kill it while also being a speed control faster than Zeraora, it also has U-Turn and you can't never have enough U-Turn on your life and lets be honest...Who needs defog when you have boots?!

https://pokepast.es/736df0c86d81ad74
Team C by zeno420
Cm Koko+Zone
:Tapu Koko: :Magnezone: :Clefable: :Garchomp: :Corviknight: :Dragapult:
click on sprite for paste^

After seeing my buddy SpookyZ bring a version of this cm koko team in wcup, I decided to make a version of my own. The whole idea is to provide support for cm koko so it can sweep late game with ease. Ferrothorn and glowking are by far the hardest checks against this set. So having magnezone as support for ferro was a must. SD chomp along with modest specs pult can pressure glowking a lot in late game situations. Zone focuses much more on physdef rather than spattack as metal birds are really no threat to this team. Fire fang chomp is also great at getting rid of unsuspecting scizors and zwole after enough chip. Corv as the defogger and spdef trick clef to soft check oppposing pult and kyurem. With this team it is perfectly ok if you trick your barb onto an opposing AV glowking. Although the focus is on cm koko, sd garchomp and specs pult can also easily win games if koko does wear down opposing clef/checks to a certain degree. This team has good MUs vs most teams but it does struggle vs Urshifu, modest specs Kyurem, and RillaZone.
Team D by Tysonslayer
:tapu koko: :victini: :skarmory: :hippowdon: :tapu fini: :weavile:
Tapu Koko @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Roost

Victini @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Glaciate
- U-turn

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 78 HP / 252 Def / 178 Spe
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Iron Defense
- Body Press
- Roost

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Atk / 248 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind
- Slack Off

Tapu Fini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Trick
- Defog

Weavile @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Triple Axel
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard

Another hazard stacking core this time focusing around Calm Mind Tapu Koko and Victini setting up for the former in becoming an amazing wincondition. Hippowdon and Skarmory are amazing defensive core as well as hazard setters for these type of teams with Sand Strom making chip a lot easier to wear down stuff, and Hippowdon is even running Whirlwind to phase out set up attackers notably Volcarona and Clefable. Skarmory is running speed here lets it be faster than max Speed Magnezone can be helpful in hitting hard back after a boost and even picking it off on the switch. Scarf Tapu Fini fitted nice here since it help in dealing with Urshifu-R, Volcarona, and Weavile gave the team a lot better speed control in handling with Dragapult and friends. Defog seems redundant here cause of hazard stack, but it helps with Hippodown and Tapu Fini from getting overwhelmed by opposing hazard stack teams, and really would be click when you know you need to. Weavile concludes the team another great wincondition with spikes, and does Weavile things pretty self explanatory.
Team E by Da stall masta 999
Tapu Koko + Mew Semi-Stall
:sm/tapu Koko: :sm/mew: I smol
:Tapu koko: :mew: :blissey: :Swampert: :Corviknight: :Toxapex:

I wanted to enter a submission for this thread. I started with the idea of building a semi stall with Tapu Koko + Block Imprison Mew. Tapu Koko functions as a late game cleaner and pivot for certain things (Almost all flyings, Slowking, Slowbro, Fini). Mew traps things and it allows the team to apply offensive pressure unlike other stalls. From there we have Blissey, Corviknight, Swampert, and Toxapex. Blissey is the team’s special wall and it absorbs special attacks. It has Toxic so it can put timers on Pokémon and it has status removal. Corviknight has Defog and Pressure removing hazards from your side and it deals with stuff like Kartana, Rilaboom, Landorous T, Hippowdown, other Corvs, Excadrill, SD Bisharp, and Dragonite (Iron Defense to catch up with attack boosts or get tanky). Swampert is on the team for Heatran and it has a copied set from another stall team in the Bazaar. It is also the rocker and it deals with Dracozolt which is a luxury for stall teams. The last mon on the team is Toxapex. It has constant recovery with Regenerator, and it fills in holes providing Haze for setup, Toxic for more constant damage, and Knock Off to remove items from things like Taunt CM Fini. Some Spdef EVs are added to not die from Dragapult so easily.

Weaknesses: :Tapu Lele::cloyster: (kings rock) :arctozolt: :garchomp:(lo fire blast) :tyranitar:(CB or something similar to garchomp)

HAX TO WORRY ABOUT SO ANNOYING - iron heads, ice beams, crits, MU Luck, air slash, icicle crash, paralysis

Edit: Thanks to Stockfish for giving me a replay! https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1362346814

You have 2 days to vote.

airfare

is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OUPL Champion

A: idk why u would use sharpedo over any other rain cleaner + not a huge fan of lucha rain when u can have a more consistent offensive slot... besides that, hawlucha as only bird mean sd kart and rilla become a huge pain in the long run, and special toad is bad when so many fat spdef walls are omnipresent

B: pult mu is kind of shaky, it can spam sball all game since u are no roost hydreigon. no ground present, even with ferro, means u will be incredibly weak to electrics which absolutely sucks. offenses r fine but i feel like you'd always want glaciate vic alongside koko to snipe grounds, feel like this could be fixed pretty easily with a rocks chomp > hydreigon or something like that

C: no real critique, most of the stuff ur weak to looks outplayable besides cm clef and u have multiple win routes w the cores youve chosen

D: scarf fini + vic sand feels awkward, no pressure user on hippo skarm spikestack feels awkward, theres a lot of defensive holes here that i dont really want to count - just feels like a lot of antisynergy and weird mashing of archetypes

E: interesting idea, could be executed better. this mew really sucks and having it as ur only method of forcing progress will fail vs any balance team - no counterplay to future sight here either means facing something like watershifu/weav + fs is an x

C > E > A > B > D
Thanks for voting this week! Weavile's phase is over - here are your votes, in addition to my vote above!
C>D>A>E
C>D>B=A>E
C>D>B=E>A
C>A>E>B>D
C > E > A > B > D
After entering the votes here, the winner for this week is zeno420! Congrats, your submission will be added to the archive.

Week 38: Tapu Fini

Tapu Fini has shone recently as a dangerous offensive win condition on offensive teams using Calm Mind and a form of speed control and lure with its Choice Scarf + Trick set!

You have until Monday to submit teams built around Tapu Fini.​

Zeno420

Banned deucer.
BandTar+Fsight BO

:tyranitar: :volcarona: :tapu-fini: :landorus-therian: :slowking-galar: :dragonite:

^click on sprite for paste^

BandTar is criminally underrated right now, with rocks up. Assurance can easily 2hko physdef skarmory with 10% chip, physdef corv, and pex. Landorus can switchin only once as well. Only buzzwole can comfortably switchin with stone edge just barely being an 2hko and tar having to switching out immediately afterwards. Volcarona heavily takes advantage of ttar being its partner as it can heavily chip or kill heatran and bulky water types such is pex, swampert, and gastro. Lando serves as the rocker while checking garchomp and zeraora. With fini being scarf, it can not switchin to urshifu more than a couple times so dragonite was picked up next to cover shifu and kart while being able to check tran. Flame thrower can be switched out for defog as fini can be unreliable at times. Heal bell can be used as well. Slowking as the last mon to provide future support and as the team is quite weak to tapu koko and clef, it fits right in. It has enough defense to live weavile knock and defensive lando equake from full. Weavile needs to be at 70% for flame thrower to ohko while ice beam ohkos lando from full.

Threat List:

1. :reuniclus: Cm reuniclus can blow pass this team if fini tricked someone else, tar can switchin and threaten it out but it’s often a 50/50 and u risk losing your tar very early.
2. :weavile: Scarf fini can easily be worn down and having that as the only weavile check is often unreliable. The slowking spread is optimized for it but it needs to be at full to tank a knock.​

Last edited:

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
https://pokepast.es/ebebddc2b4e2ebcd
:Ferrothorn::Tapu Fini::Garchomp::Tapu Koko::Tornadus-Therian::Heatran:

Made this team a lil while ago to capitalize on current meta trends. Namely, don't lose to Future Sight + Weavile and Urshifu. Tapu Fini + contact punishment and hazards is probably the best way to do this, in my opinion. I also feel like Ferrothorn is underutilized since it dissuades spamming U-Turn, Surging Strikes, and Triple Axel, is a hard stop to Fini and Koko, and sets up Spikes. My EV spread hits a jump point in defense, is never OHKOed by +2 Axel after SR + 1 Spike, and avoids the 2HKO from Pult Sball. Fini does Fini things and can sweep late game with CM. Outspeeds 0 speed Lando, which is very common rn given the SpDef trend, with taunt shutting down more passive mons. Misty terrain helps Ferro and chomp avoid Status as well. I went with garchomp>Lando to have a better matchup against Heatran, while also dissuading Surging Strikes from Shifu. Koko does koko things, keeping Torn/Skarm/Corv in line and pivoting with U-Turn. Torn gives the team defog and Knock Off support and ensures Grass spam doesn't maul the team. Finally, 3 attack heatran acts as a glue to keep clef in check, while also luring in Glowking and Blissey with Heavy Slam. Taunt > Toxic bcuz Misty terrain and prevents Blissey/Clef/etc from healing

Biggest threat to this team is probably EQ mons like Lando or chomp, but keeping fini and Ferro healthy keep them in line

:heatran: :tapu-fini: :kartana: :landorus-therian: :zeraora: :slowking-galar:
I made this team because I wanted to try flame body heatran and a good volc check to see how good it is. I found that CM Fini basically does the job, except against giga drain volc. So I had the wincon in mind as Fini and a good defensive pokemon with utility in heatran, I then added choice banded kartana to break. Landorus is the physically defensive pivot, zeraora is the speed control and slowking patches up holes against special attackers. CM Fini is often said to be a huge matchup fish and in a way it is, but with good support from heatran and kart dealing with its major checks in bulky water types, grass types, special walls and blissey. Due to how prone all 3 of these pokes are to residual I added a defog landorus, which can knock items and give good momentum while filling the purpose that it needs to, zeraora is here for speed control and giving momentum to kartana while knocking off leftovers and spreading status for kartana and Fini to do work while also providing a secondary wincon, Galarian slowking patches up the teams weakness against certain special attackers and also manages clear way for zeraora and kart by taking out their checks with its movepool.
Major things this team is weak to are and how to deal with them-
:bisharp: CB/SD(can be neutralised by pivoting with heatran fishing burns on iron heads)
:tapu-lele: Specs (pivoting around and prediction)
:kyurem: Specs :nidoking: Life Orb (same as above)
:garchomp: (keeping landorus at high health as well as not allowing a speed boost for kart revenge kill)
:dragapult: Specs/Dragon Dance (The best way to deal with specs is to revenge with zeraora and the best way to deal with DD is to keep lando and Fini healthy)
:rillaboom: Swords Dance (keeping kart healthy and chipping with lando)

Tapu Fini + Misty Seed Corviknight ft Dragapult Dual Screens

I have posted this team in "heat" couple weeks ago and I'm bring it back with small updates.

Dragapult is able to survive 1 Knock Off + another itemless Knock Off under Reflect by Zeraora, U-Turn for momentum if you are 50% + healthy and Curse is a suicidal move if you are 50% - health for momentum and still prevents Defog. Dragapult is fast and the last thing your opponent will think about doing is using Taunt against. Dragapult kills Shedinja under Protect with Curse makes my day better.

Lele is the wallbreaker and potential late game sweeper too.
Blunder Policy is trying to exploit the inconsistency of Focus Miss, Rillaboom isn't so spammy like weeks ago now so you can explorer a bit more, feel free to risk Focus Miss against a predictable Slowking Teleport, uping your speed in +2 and potentially win the game.

This Corv guy is bulky. +1 SpDef should not be underestimated.
The speed is just to be faster than Koko after Agility and lose the Flying-type with Roost before receiving a move. EVs in HP are the needed to survive a Jolly Band CC from Urshifu after Rocks as well +2 Life Orb Edge Chomp.
You can try Brave Bird > Power Trip because it defeat Urshifu after 1 Bulk Up without any Atk investiment.

Fini is standart bulk spread because bulk under screens is the ideal to setup imo. Support Terrain for Corv and potential wincon how you can see here.

Lando is suicide lead, but keep this far from first place in teambuild to don't reveal a more HO oriented team based and avoid Urshifu lead from opponent, Ditto is revenge kill.

Hard to play around Trick Room but this isn't a so commun thing, also play fast against Toxic Spikes before this become a trouble.

252 Atk Zeraora Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Dragapult: 240-284 (63.1 - 74.7%)
252 Atk Zeraora Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Dragapult through Reflect: 81-96 (21.3 - 25.2%)
252 Atk Choice Band Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Close Combat vs. 176 HP / 0 Def Corviknight: 282-333 (74 - 87.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 0 Atk Corviknight Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: 342-404 (100.2 - 118.4%)
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Garchomp Stone Edge vs. 176 HP / 0 Def Corviknight: 272-321 (71.3 - 84.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

airfare

OUPL Champion
It's time to vote!

Reminder: the voting system used is the Ranked Pairs format (the same as CAP uses). To vote you basically order your options like this: C>B>A>D, like this A>B=C>D, or like this D>C, assuming there are 4 team options (A, B, C, and D). If you choose not to vote for all teams, the last team(s) will be assumed to be last and valued equally if more than one got left out. Additionally, don't vote for your own submission. If you have any questions, by all means, contact me.

Team A by zeno420
BandTar+Fsight BO

:tyranitar: :volcarona: :tapu-fini: :landorus-therian: :slowking-galar: :dragonite:

BandTar is criminally underrated right now, with rocks up. Assurance can easily 2hko physdef skarmory with 10% chip, physdef corv, and pex. Landorus can switchin only once as well. Only buzzwole can comfortably switchin with stone edge just barely being an 2hko and tar having to switching out immediately afterwards. Volcarona heavily takes advantage of ttar being its partner as it can heavily chip or kill heatran and bulky water types such is pex, swampert, and gastro. Lando serves as the rocker while checking garchomp and zeraora. With fini being scarf, it can not switchin to urshifu more than a couple times so dragonite was picked up next to cover shifu and kart while being able to check tran. Flame thrower can be switched out for defog as fini can be unreliable at times. Heal bell can be used as well. Slowking as the last mon to provide future support and as the team is quite weak to tapu koko and clef, it fits right in. It has enough defense to live weavile knock and defensive lando equake from full. Weavile needs to be at 70% for flame thrower to ohko while ice beam ohkos lando from full.

Threat List:

1. :reuniclus: Cm reuniclus can blow pass this team if fini tricked someone else, tar can switchin and threaten it out but it’s often a 50/50 and u risk losing your tar very early.
2. :weavile: Scarf fini can easily be worn down and having that as the only weavile check is often unreliable. The slowking spread is optimized for it but it needs to be at full to tank a knock.​
Team B by Clone
https://pokepast.es/ebebddc2b4e2ebcd
:Ferrothorn::Tapu Fini::Garchomp::Tapu Koko::Tornadus-Therian::Heatran:

Made this team a lil while ago to capitalize on current meta trends. Namely, don't lose to Future Sight + Weavile and Urshifu. Tapu Fini + contact punishment and hazards is probably the best way to do this, in my opinion. I also feel like Ferrothorn is underutilized since it dissuades spamming U-Turn, Surging Strikes, and Triple Axel, is a hard stop to Fini and Koko, and sets up Spikes. My EV spread hits a jump point in defense, is never OHKOed by +2 Axel after SR + 1 Spike, and avoids the 2HKO from Pult Sball. Fini does Fini things and can sweep late game with CM. Outspeeds 0 speed Lando, which is very common rn given the SpDef trend, with taunt shutting down more passive mons. Misty terrain helps Ferro and chomp avoid Status as well. I went with garchomp>Lando to have a better matchup against Heatran, while also dissuading Surging Strikes from Shifu. Koko does koko things, keeping Torn/Skarm/Corv in line and pivoting with U-Turn. Torn gives the team defog and Knock Off support and ensures Grass spam doesn't maul the team. Finally, 3 attack heatran acts as a glue to keep clef in check, while also luring in Glowking and Blissey with Heavy Slam. Taunt > Toxic bcuz Misty terrain and prevents Blissey/Clef/etc from healing

Biggest threat to this team is probably EQ mons like Lando or chomp, but keeping fini and Ferro healthy keep them in line
Team C by Mr.Catch
:heatran: :tapu-fini: :kartana: :landorus-therian: :zeraora: :slowking-galar:
I made this team because I wanted to try flame body heatran and a good volc check to see how good it is. I found that CM Fini basically does the job, except against giga drain volc. So I had the wincon in mind as Fini and a good defensive pokemon with utility in heatran, I then added choice banded kartana to break. Landorus is the physically defensive pivot, zeraora is the speed control and slowking patches up holes against special attackers. CM Fini is often said to be a huge matchup fish and in a way it is, but with good support from heatran and kart dealing with its major checks in bulky water types, grass types, special walls and blissey. Due to how prone all 3 of these pokes are to residual I added a defog landorus, which can knock items and give good momentum while filling the purpose that it needs to, zeraora is here for speed control and giving momentum to kartana while knocking off leftovers and spreading status for kartana and Fini to do work while also providing a secondary wincon, Galarian slowking patches up the teams weakness against certain special attackers and also manages clear way for zeraora and kart by taking out their checks with its movepool.
Major things this team is weak to are and how to deal with them-
:bisharp: CB/SD(can be neutralised by pivoting with heatran fishing burns on iron heads)
:tapu-lele: Specs (pivoting around and prediction)
:kyurem: Specs :nidoking: Life Orb (same as above)
:garchomp: (keeping landorus at high health as well as not allowing a speed boost for kart revenge kill)
:dragapult: Specs/Dragon Dance (The best way to deal with specs is to revenge with zeraora and the best way to deal with DD is to keep lando and Fini healthy)
:rillaboom: Swords Dance (keeping kart healthy and chipping with lando)
Team D by Tio Chico
Tapu Fini + Misty Seed Corviknight ft Dragapult Dual Screens

I have posted this team in "heat" couple weeks ago and I'm bring it back with small updates.

Dragapult is able to survive 1 Knock Off + another itemless Knock Off under Reflect by Zeraora, U-Turn for momentum if you are 50% + healthy and Curse is a suicidal move if you are 50% - health for momentum and still prevents Defog. Dragapult is fast and the last thing your opponent will think about doing is using Taunt against. Dragapult kills Shedinja under Protect with Curse makes my day better.

Lele is the wallbreaker and potential late game sweeper too.
Blunder Policy is trying to exploit the inconsistency of Focus Miss, Rillaboom isn't so spammy like weeks ago now so you can explorer a bit more, feel free to risk Focus Miss against a predictable Slowking Teleport, uping your speed in +2 and potentially win the game.

This Corv guy is bulky. +1 SpDef should not be underestimated.
The speed is just to be faster than Koko after Agility and lose the Flying-type with Roost before receiving a move. EVs in HP are the needed to survive a Jolly Band CC from Urshifu after Rocks as well +2 Life Orb Edge Chomp.
You can try Brave Bird > Power Trip because it defeat Urshifu after 1 Bulk Up without any Atk investiment.

Fini is standart bulk spread because bulk under screens is the ideal to setup imo. Support Terrain for Corv and potential wincon how you can see here.

Lando is suicide lead, but keep this far from first place in teambuild to don't reveal a more HO oriented team based and avoid Urshifu lead from opponent, Ditto is revenge kill.

Hard to play around Trick Room but this isn't a so commun thing, also play fast against Toxic Spikes before this become a trouble.

252 Atk Zeraora Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Dragapult: 240-284 (63.1 - 74.7%)
252 Atk Zeraora Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Dragapult through Reflect: 81-96 (21.3 - 25.2%)
252 Atk Choice Band Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Close Combat vs. 176 HP / 0 Def Corviknight: 282-333 (74 - 87.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 0 Atk Corviknight Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: 342-404 (100.2 - 118.4%)
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Garchomp Stone Edge vs. 176 HP / 0 Def Corviknight: 272-321 (71.3 - 84.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
You have 2 days to vote.

Gomi

yep
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Thanks for voting this week! Tapu Fini's phase is over - here are your votes.
D>A>B=C
only one person voted so like, the winner is Tio Chico! Congrats, your submission will be added to the archive.

Week 39: Slowking Galar
199-g[1].png

Galarian Slowking has been a solid part of the metagame since its release and has recently shot up in usage in Wcop due to its incredibly useful defensive attributes with AV, alongside its difficult to switch into combination of Sludge Bomb and colorful coverage such as Ice Beam, Flamethrower, Scald, and Earthquake.

You have until Monday to submit teams built around Slowking-Galar.

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
:tapu fini::tapu koko::landorus-therian::buzzwole::slowking-galar::garchomp:

I made this team on an experiment. It's not great but it's not too bad either

The experiment I wanted to try was fire blast on Garchomp so that it can more easily deal with metal birds and add sd scale shot to still keep its ability to sweep

This team completely focuses on ruining lead Dragapults and Weavile. Slowking never dies to their stabs so by staying in and letting them eat a thunder wave, they're dead meat

Fini is to ruin cm Clef which is annoying because gen one mons get every bloody move in the bloody game for whatever bloody reason. Basically ruins everything in the tier. Since it still destroys Weavile and Urshifu with uninvested moonblast, I decided to skip the spa investment and focus more on bulk

Buzzwall is to wall stuff and is the actual mvp of the team in my recent testings. It is quite vulnerable due to lack of investment but it's still fucking Buzzwall

Since Chomp is life orb, I added spdef Lando to handle Heatran. That set was made by I think Katy in the sqsa thread. Forgot what it does but it handles Heatran. That's all that's needed

Finally, Koko is to have a more reliable answer to metal birds along with additional speed control

Trapper Fini Squad

https://pokepast.es/512732d06339db41
Glowking is the focus believe me

For this team I am making using of a Fini set that I feel doesnt get the recognizment it deserves, as the title implies trapper fini is the star of the team. With this set fini can lure and trap the likes of Blissey and Toxapex while keeping threats like Ferrothorn and Slowking at low health thanks to the chip damage it throws out, I am making use of a spread that always get 4HKO'd by pult's Shadow Ball while outspeeding Adamant Crawdaunt, the rest in defense to tank Urshifu's hits better. Weavile and Aegislash benefit incredibly from Ferro being at very low health and Toxapex being removed, Weavile is the cleaner of the team while Aegislash functions as a pseudo stall breaker and my main Corviknight counterplay, it is also very effective at scouting the opponent with King's Shield. To top off the team I am packing a defensive backbone of Corvi-Glowking-Hippo, Corvi+Glowking is a very known defensive core which can handle a majority of the tiers attackers, they also synergise incredibly well with Tapu Fini as they can't handle the likes of Urshifu and Weavile. For Corviknight's spread instead of going max defense or putting the 88 evs on SpDef I am putting them in Speed, this is neccessary as Corviknight is my only counterplay against Rillaboom and I can't afford to be trapped by Magnezone. The inclusion of Hippo might seem a little weird as other grounds are generally more versatile and less passive, but my Zeraora and Heatran counterplay was incredibly lacking and the reliable recovery that it brings is invaluable as using Lando would only result in me getting chipped to death. In general this teams speed control is very subpar, but the double priority and solid defensive backbone make up for it really well.

TailGlowVM

Now 100% more demonic
:slowking_galar: :heatran: :landorus_therian: :tapu_bulu: :corviknight: :dragapult:
(Click sprites for importable)

While I expect the other submissions this week will all be Assault Vest Galarian Slowking, I decided to do a team with the underrated Calm Mind set. I prefer Scald to Psychic STAB to threaten Steel-types, and because you can punish switches into stuff like Ground-types, Tyranitar, and Corviknight with burns. Colbur Berry lets you take Knock Off from Weavile and Bisharp and retaliate with a boosted attack. As these attacks leave you walled by Toxapex, I added Heatran to trap it, and it also forms part of the defensive core. Landorus-T is the mandatory Ground and Stealth Rock setter. Tapu Bulu is a great wallbreaker, and the Earthquake resist is great for Heatran and Slowking (I would usually use Shuca > Colbur on CM Glowking on teams without Grassy Terrain.) As the defensive core is weak to Urshifu, I used the given spread to outspeed Timid Magnezone, survive two CB Close Combats after Stealth Rock with Leftovers and Terrain all but 0.4% of the time, and dumped the rest in Attack to have a 94% chance to OHKO Urshifu from full health. (This isn't as reliable as a bulkier Bulu, but with Rocky Helmet Corviknight to deter Surging Strikes and Dragapult for a softcheck, it does the job without sacrificing too much power.) Corviknight is the best Defogger in the tier and is important to check Weavile and Grasses. Finally, Dragapult is a straightforward pick for speed control.

199-g.png 798.png 794.png 788.png 645-t.png 887.png
Click sprites to import^
I build this little squad around the combination of Galarian Slowking's future sight and the immense wallbreaking power of swords dance Kartana, and then started building from there, Landorus therian provided crucial ground typing for checking zeraora as well as lifting some pressure off slowking in checking heatran and tapu koko, lando is also this team's stealth rocks setter which helps the wallbreakers out, dragapult adds a special wallbreaker that compliments kartana nicely, as well as speed control, buzzwole is a good check to dark, grass, and ground types that can also act as a decent offensive threat which is much needed for this team, and finally tapu fini is a much needed backbone vs urshifu, as well as a backup switch in to dragapult and weavile

786.png

Tapu lele is possibly the biggest threat to this team, since no consistent counterplay exists, all this team can do against is trying to switch around its stabs+focus blast which a smart player can avoid
892.png

While this team does have Tapu Fini, it still has a difficult time against Urshifu, because of its lack of recovery making it hard for it to be able to handle urshifu in the face of hazards and its commonly paired future sight, buzzwole does help in this regard although it cant take more than one surging strikes so its only an emergency check
445.png

This pokemon is the bane of every team relying on buzzwole or corviknight as their ground check, as it can overwhelm them quickly into +2 fire fang range, although landorus can help in this matchup

Last edited:

Abhi

Professional Zoomer
is an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Helo,

I have a fun team,
:landorus-therian::tangrowth::Magnezone::tapu-fini::slowking-galar::weavile:
BANDorus (w Glowking ofc)
The teams basic idea is around the core of Banded Landorus-T with Galarian Slowking. Now Banded Landorus-T is an incredibly fun pokemon to use and it would be near unwallable if not for Corviknight and Skarmory. Thats why I went with Magnezone for the next slot, which opens up options for potential teammates as well. Now a thing i struggled with on this build was fitting a Zeraora check that wasnt a Ground-type since I didnt want to stack weaknesses in the team, which is why I went with Tangrowth, especially Eject Button Tangrowth which i stole from Serene Grace's SPL Sand team which not only offers free switch-ins for Lando-T but also offers Magnezone a switch in against Corviknight if it tries to pivot out. Then I went with Tapu Fini as a form of speed control and because it blanket checks things like Heatran and Dragapult that the team struggles against. Then Weavile because it pairs very well with Slowking, Magnezone and Tapu Fini and gives the team a solid Dark-resist which can pivot into Dragapult.

Some threats to this team would be Tapu Lele and to a certain but letter extent Kyurem, although both are playable match ups and I have been able to secure wins against them. The team also helped me get to 1670s on a fresh alt yesterday which is pretty cool. (I tried stall on it after to try and climb a bit and just fell ;_;). The EVs on Landorus-T let it survive a +1 Flamethrower from offensive Volc.

:ss/slowking-galar:

Zeno420

Banned deucer.
Trap Glowking+Weavile

:slowking-galar::weavile::buzzwole::landorus-
therian::dragapult::heatran:

:slowking-galar:
Mantra (Slowking-Galar) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 164 SpA / 44 SpD / 48 Spe
Calm Nature
- Psychic
- Whirlpool
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Bomb

Shoutouts to the homie sz for this slowking set, enough speed to outspeed pex with 4 speed investment. Not many people expect it and it works wonders on certain teams. Of course if you feel like it’s too gimmicky the normal fsight set would also suffice. The core focuses around weavile and pult helping get rid of the usual checks such as clef and pex. Buzzwole is also very underrated rn checking weavile and helping against shifu to an extent. Heatran is there acting as extra backup to trap both pex and blissey while checking volcarona. Personally I prefer spdef lando way over physdef right now. Even with physical investment your not checking any of the premier physical threats in weavile/shifu anyways. Spdef lando can easily tank 2 dracos/sballs from pult while 2hkoing back with equake. Zeraora is an no issue either. With weavile, pult, volcarona, and urshifu usage at an all time highthis teams deals against all 4 threats very well. This team completely destroys most balance cores and of course with pult+weavile, HO can also be handled easily. The stall matchup is questionable with the whirlpool set if your opponent plays smart, so it’s up to personal preference if you want to use fsight or whirlpool!​

Katy

Banned deucer.
Dual Weakness Policy Setup Horror feat. Kings Rock Cloyster and Encore Alola Ninetales.

:ninetales-alola: :cloyster: :garchomp: :volcarona: :slowking-galar: :corviknight:
Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Freeze-Dry
- Hail
- Encore

Cloyster @ King's Rock
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Ice Shard

Garchomp @ Leftovers
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Scale Shot

Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Flamethrower
- Psychic
- Giga Drain

Slowking-Galar @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off
- Stored Power
- Iron Defense

Corviknight @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 228 HP / 8 Atk / 240 SpD / 32 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Agility
- Bulk Up
- Power Trip
- Roost

Setup and Win, is absically the strategy here. Set your Aurora Veil with Alolan Ninetales, have it Encore opposing Pokemon, so the setup sweepers can abuse it appropiately. It is accompanied by Kings Rock Cloyster, which causes quite some trouble on the OLT ladder currently, and Swords Dance + Scale Shot Garchomp. The Other Pokemon on the team are offensive Quiver Dance Volcarona with Giga Drain to punch through Gastrodon and Swampert. The other two members are Weakness Policy + Calm Mind and Iron Defense Galarian Slowking with Slack Off and Stored Power, after a couple of boosts its able to tear easily through teams, but remove the Dark-types in Weavile, Hydreigon, and Bisharp first, this can be achieved with the help from Cloyster, Volcarona and also Corviknight. Lastly, Corviknight is the Weakness Policy, Agili-Trip variant, with the speed to outspeed Iron Defense Magnezone by 1 Point, which can be handy later in the game, when opposing Magnezone is weakened. This team is quite wild, have fun!​

agslash23

Banned deucer.
Glowking + Physical Offense Spam Team

:slowking_galar: :buzzwole: :weavile: :garchomp: :corviknight: :dragapult:

This team takes heavy advantage of Glowking pairing up well with top physical threats of SS OU, especially the fantastic special-physical tank core it forms with Buzzwole. Glowking switches into most special attackers with ease, after which it gets the chance to setup a Future Sight while the opponent special attacker switches out and physical attacker comes in. This gives Buzzwole an opportunity to switch into the physical attacker while enjoying Future Sight support to break would-be switchins to Buzzwole like Toxapex. Similarly, Glowking's Future Sight provides Weavile and Garchomp with setup opportunities against Glowking switchins like Dragapult and Heatran respectively. Corviknight checks threats like Tapu Lele while providing slow pivoting and defog support. Finally, Dragapult compresses necessary offensive roles such as Speed Control, immediate power and fast Pivot. It also enjoys its Hex powered up by Glowking's attempts to spread status Sludge Bomb and Scald.

While this team has the means to outplay most threats, it can get troubled by Special Attackers like opponent Dragapult and Heatran if Glowking gets to a low HP. Urshifu-R can also prove to be an issue, but Buzzwole with Rocky Helmet can punish Surging Strikes, while it takes any other attack with ease. Bulk up Zeroara can win if it gets to setup a lot, hence aggressive plays against it from Garchomp and Buzzwole should mitigate this issue.

Last edited:

airfare

OUPL Champion
Thank you for all the submissions this week! It's time to vote!

Team A by Red Raven
:tapu fini::tapu koko::landorus-therian::buzzwole::slowking-galar::garchomp:

I made this team on an experiment. It's not great but it's not too bad either

The experiment I wanted to try was fire blast on Garchomp so that it can more easily deal with metal birds and add sd scale shot to still keep its ability to sweep

This team completely focuses on ruining lead Dragapults and Weavile. Slowking never dies to their stabs so by staying in and letting them eat a thunder wave, they're dead meat

Fini is to ruin cm Clef which is annoying because gen one mons get every bloody move in the bloody game for whatever bloody reason. Basically ruins everything in the tier. Since it still destroys Weavile and Urshifu with uninvested moonblast, I decided to skip the spa investment and focus more on bulk

Buzzwall is to wall stuff and is the actual mvp of the team in my recent testings. It is quite vulnerable due to lack of investment but it's still fucking Buzzwall

Since Chomp is life orb, I added spdef Lando to handle Heatran. That set was made by I think Katy in the sqsa thread. Forgot what it does but it handles Heatran. That's all that's needed

Finally, Koko is to have a more reliable answer to metal birds along with additional speed control
Team B by TotomonGang
Trapper Fini Squad

https://pokepast.es/512732d06339db41
Glowking is the focus believe me

For this team I am making using of a Fini set that I feel doesnt get the recognizment it deserves, as the title implies trapper fini is the star of the team. With this set fini can lure and trap the likes of Blissey and Toxapex while keeping threats like Ferrothorn and Slowking at low health thanks to the chip damage it throws out, I am making use of a spread that always get 4HKO'd by pult's Shadow Ball while outspeeding Adamant Crawdaunt, the rest in defense to tank Urshifu's hits better. Weavile and Aegislash benefit incredibly from Ferro being at very low health and Toxapex being removed, Weavile is the cleaner of the team while Aegislash functions as a pseudo stall breaker and my main Corviknight counterplay, it is also very effective at scouting the opponent with King's Shield. To top off the team I am packing a defensive backbone of Corvi-Glowking-Hippo, Corvi+Glowking is a very known defensive core which can handle a majority of the tiers attackers, they also synergise incredibly well with Tapu Fini as they can't handle the likes of Urshifu and Weavile. For Corviknight's spread instead of going max defense or putting the 88 evs on SpDef I am putting them in Speed, this is neccessary as Corviknight is my only counterplay against Rillaboom and I can't afford to be trapped by Magnezone. The inclusion of Hippo might seem a little weird as other grounds are generally more versatile and less passive, but my Zeraora and Heatran counterplay was incredibly lacking and the reliable recovery that it brings is invaluable as using Lando would only result in me getting chipped to death. In general this teams speed control is very subpar, but the double priority and solid defensive backbone make up for it really well.
Team C by TailGlowVM
:slowking_galar: :heatran: :landorus_therian: :tapu_bulu: :corviknight: :dragapult:
(Click sprites for importable)

While I expect the other submissions this week will all be Assault Vest Galarian Slowking, I decided to do a team with the underrated Calm Mind set. I prefer Scald to Psychic STAB to threaten Steel-types, and because you can punish switches into stuff like Ground-types, Tyranitar, and Corviknight with burns. Colbur Berry lets you take Knock Off from Weavile and Bisharp and retaliate with a boosted attack. As these attacks leave you walled by Toxapex, I added Heatran to trap it, and it also forms part of the defensive core. Landorus-T is the mandatory Ground and Stealth Rock setter. Tapu Bulu is a great wallbreaker, and the Earthquake resist is great for Heatran and Slowking (I would usually use Shuca > Colbur on CM Glowking on teams without Grassy Terrain.) As the defensive core is weak to Urshifu, I used the given spread to outspeed Timid Magnezone, survive two CB Close Combats after Stealth Rock with Leftovers and Terrain all but 0.4% of the time, and dumped the rest in Attack to have a 94% chance to OHKO Urshifu from full health. (This isn't as reliable as a bulkier Bulu, but with Rocky Helmet Corviknight to deter Surging Strikes and Dragapult for a softcheck, it does the job without sacrificing too much power.) Corviknight is the best Defogger in the tier and is important to check Weavile and Grasses. Finally, Dragapult is a straightforward pick for speed control.
Team D by Shadesan
View attachment 357296 View attachment 357297 View attachment 357298 View attachment 357299 View attachment 357300 View attachment 357301
Click sprites to import^
I build this little squad around the combination of Galarian Slowking's future sight and the immense wallbreaking power of swords dance Kartana, and then started building from there, Landorus therian provided crucial ground typing for checking zeraora as well as lifting some pressure off slowking in checking heatran and tapu koko, lando is also this team's stealth rocks setter which helps the wallbreakers out, dragapult adds a special wallbreaker that compliments kartana nicely, as well as speed control, buzzwole is a good check to dark, grass, and ground types that can also act as a decent offensive threat which is much needed for this team, and finally tapu fini is a much needed backbone vs urshifu, as well as a backup switch in to dragapult and weavile

View attachment 357303
Tapu lele is possibly the biggest threat to this team, since no consistent counterplay exists, all this team can do against is trying to switch around its stabs+focus blast which a smart player can avoid
View attachment 357305
While this team does have Tapu Fini, it still has a difficult time against Urshifu, because of its lack of recovery making it hard for it to be able to handle urshifu in the face of hazards and its commonly paired future sight, buzzwole does help in this regard although it cant take more than one surging strikes so its only an emergency check
View attachment 357310
This pokemon is the bane of every team relying on buzzwole or corviknight as their ground check, as it can overwhelm them quickly into +2 fire fang range, although landorus can help in this matchup
Team E by Abhi
Helo,

I have a fun team,
:landorus-therian::tangrowth::Magnezone::tapu-fini::slowking-galar::weavile:
BANDorus (w Glowking ofc)
The teams basic idea is around the core of Banded Landorus-T with Galarian Slowking. Now Banded Landorus-T is an incredibly fun pokemon to use and it would be near unwallable if not for Corviknight and Skarmory. Thats why I went with Magnezone for the next slot, which opens up options for potential teammates as well. Now a thing i struggled with on this build was fitting a Zeraora check that wasnt a Ground-type since I didnt want to stack weaknesses in the team, which is why I went with Tangrowth, especially Eject Button Tangrowth which i stole from Serene Grace's SPL Sand team which not only offers free switch-ins for Lando-T but also offers Magnezone a switch in against Corviknight if it tries to pivot out. Then I went with Tapu Fini as a form of speed control and because it blanket checks things like Heatran and Dragapult that the team struggles against. Then Weavile because it pairs very well with Slowking, Magnezone and Tapu Fini and gives the team a solid Dark-resist which can pivot into Dragapult.

Some threats to this team would be Tapu Lele and to a certain but letter extent Kyurem, although both are playable match ups and I have been able to secure wins against them. The team also helped me get to 1670s on a fresh alt yesterday which is pretty cool. (I tried stall on it after to try and climb a bit and just fell ;_;). The EVs on Landorus-T let it survive a +1 Flamethrower from offensive Volc.

:ss/slowking-galar:

Team F by zeno420
Trap Glowking+Weavile

:slowking-galar::weavile::buzzwole::landorus-</a></p>
<p style="text-align: center"><a href="https://pokepast.es/5ccf9d60aec8f31c">therian::dragapult::heatran:

:slowking-galar:
Mantra (Slowking-Galar) (M) @ Assault Vest
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 164 SpA / 44 SpD / 48 Spe
Calm Nature
- Psychic
- Whirlpool
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Bomb

Shoutouts to the homie sz for this slowking set, enough speed to outspeed pex with 4 speed investment. Not many people expect it and it works wonders on certain teams. Of course if you feel like it’s too gimmicky the normal fsight set would also suffice. The core focuses around weavile and pult helping get rid of the usual checks such as clef and pex. Buzzwole is also very underrated rn checking weavile and helping against shifu to an extent. Heatran is there acting as extra backup to trap both pex and blissey while checking volcarona. Personally I prefer spdef lando way over physdef right now. Even with physical investment your not checking any of the premier physical threats in weavile/shifu anyways. Spdef lando can easily tank 2 dracos/sballs from pult while 2hkoing back with equake. Zeraora is an no issue either. With weavile, pult, volcarona, and urshifu usage at an all time highthis teams deals against all 4 threats very well. This team completely destroys most balance cores and of course with pult+weavile, HO can also be handled easily. The stall matchup is questionable with the whirlpool set if your opponent plays smart, so it’s up to personal preference if you want to use fsight or whirlpool!​
Team G by Katy
Dual Weakness Policy Setup Horror feat. Kings Rock Cloyster and Encore Alola Ninetales.

:ninetales-alola: :cloyster: :garchomp: :volcarona: :slowking-galar: :corviknight:
Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Freeze-Dry
- Hail
- Encore

Cloyster @ King's Rock
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Ice Shard

Garchomp @ Leftovers
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Scale Shot

Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Flamethrower
- Psychic
- Giga Drain

Slowking-Galar @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off
- Stored Power
- Iron Defense

Corviknight @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 228 HP / 8 Atk / 240 SpD / 32 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Agility
- Bulk Up
- Power Trip
- Roost

Setup and Win, is absically the strategy here. Set your Aurora Veil with Alolan Ninetales, have it Encore opposing Pokemon, so the setup sweepers can abuse it appropiately. It is accompanied by Kings Rock Cloyster, which causes quite some trouble on the OLT ladder currently, and Swords Dance + Scale Shot Garchomp. The Other Pokemon on the team are offensive Quiver Dance Volcarona with Giga Drain to punch through Gastrodon and Swampert. The other two members are Weakness Policy + Calm Mind and Iron Defense Galarian Slowking with Slack Off and Stored Power, after a couple of boosts its able to tear easily through teams, but remove the Dark-types in Weavile, Hydreigon, and Bisharp first, this can be achieved with the help from Cloyster, Volcarona and also Corviknight. Lastly, Corviknight is the Weakness Policy, Agili-Trip variant, with the speed to outspeed Iron Defense Magnezone by 1 Point, which can be handy later in the game, when opposing Magnezone is weakened. This team is quite wild, have fun!​
Team H by agslash23
Glowking + Physical Offense Spam Team

:slowking_galar: :buzzwole: :weavile: :garchomp: :corviknight: :dragapult:

This team takes heavy advantage of Glowking pairing up well with top physical threats of SS OU, especially the fantastic special-physical tank core it forms with Buzzwole. Glowking switches into most special attackers with ease, after which it gets the chance to setup a Future Sight while the opponent special attacker switches out and physical attacker comes in. This gives Buzzwole an opportunity to switch into the physical attacker while enjoying Future Sight support to break would-be switchins to Buzzwole like Toxapex. Similarly, Glowking's Future Sight provides Weavile and Garchomp with setup opportunities against Glowking switchins like Dragapult and Heatran respectively. Corviknight checks threats like Tapu Lele while providing slow pivoting and defog support. Finally, Dragapult compresses necessary offensive roles such as Speed Control, immediate power and fast Pivot. It also enjoys its Hex powered up by Glowking's attempts to spread status Sludge Bomb and Scald.

While this team has the means to outplay most threats, it can get troubled by Special Attackers like opponent Dragapult and Heatran if Glowking gets to a low HP. Urshifu-R can also prove to be an issue, but Buzzwole with Rocky Helmet can punish Surging Strikes, while it takes any other attack with ease. Bulk up Zeroara can win if it gets to setup a lot, hence aggressive plays against it from Garchomp and Buzzwole should mitigate this issue.

You have 2 days to vote.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)