A > B > C
C>B>A
A>everything
C>B>A
C>A>B
C>B>A
C > B > A
C > B > A
After putting in the votes, the winner for this week is boomfantastic! congrats, your submission will be added to the archive.
Week 45: Kartana
798[1].png

Kartana is a fearsome wallbreaker with a solid defensive typing, great speed, and good physical bulk, allowing it to attain setup fairly easily. With its great coverage in Knock Off and Sacred Sword, it can hit the entire tier for neutral damage at worst, and can easily boost its attacking stats further with Swords dance or Choice Band.

You have until Monday to submit teams built around Kartana.​

I have decided to be boring :psycry:

:kartana::magnezone::rillaboom::corviknight::dragapult::landorus-therian:

KartZone Grassy Terrain Offense
I decided to build a very standard archetype that Kart fits on with a few decently good surprises on it. Kart is Pads because relevant calcs with Life Orb matter less due to Zone's presence, and avoiding Static and similar is great for the origami man. Double Pivot Zone is really fun tech and a servicable midground, allowing you to position yourself optimally on switches that it might force without needing to risk a double switch. Dragapult is T-Wave+Hex to cripple things like Tornadus-Therian and Weavile (unboosted) which might otherwise be big threats to the squad. Lando creeps Timid Zone. Everything but Kart can pivot. Gaming is done. Make sure to play aggro vs Weav/Torn.
I’m open to feedback on this team!

Katy

Banned deucer.
Choice Band Terrakion feat. SD Kartana and SD Bisharp (basically overwhelm shared checks!)

:Landorus-therian: :tapu fini: :dragapult: :bisharp: :kartana: :terrakion:
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Toxic

Tapu Fini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Defog
- Trick

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Flamethrower

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Kartana @ Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Sacred Sword

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Megahorn
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

This team basically is there to overwhelm shared checks in Corviknight, Skarmory, Tangrowth, and Hippowdon. With Swords Dance Bisharp and Swords Dance Kartana, this team has powerful breakers for the lategame aspect, Choice Band Terraktion rounds it up with Megahorn to hit Tangrowth and to lure this Pokemon in. Landorus-T is the Rocker and Tapu Fini the Fogger. I've decided to go with Defog in Tapu Fini, as Bisharp and Kartana already provide Knock Off utility. Tapu Fini makes also for an interesting partner, due to Misty Terrain providing the physical attackers some protection from statusconditions. Dragapult rounds this team up with its Choice Specs set and helps bringin' its partners in with U-turn alongside Landorus-T. This team can swap the sets around even, like makin' CB Terrakion SD and Kartana CB instead. This team has alot of playground. It can also be Defog Kartana and setup Tapu Fini and the team can still work fine. have fun wit' it.

Kartana Scarf + Dragonite Band

:Dragonite: :Magnezone: :Landorus-Therian: :Toxapex: :Clefable: :Kartana:

I was thinking about not participating this time but as there are only two teams and the deadline is tomorrow, I will just repost my team from 2 weeks ago so maybe Gomi doesn't need to extend this time.

The team runs around Dragonite Band + Magnezone, with Kartana Scarf exerting speed control and potential endgame sweep.
Landorus-T + Clefable + Pex as defensive core.

Replay: Kartana vs Hail

You can check more details and replays on the RMT, or not.

Kartana Clean. This honestly works perfectly, I've been hoping to get some feedback with this team, and I figured I should submit it for the competition this week.

:corviknight: :kartana: :garchomp: :dragapult: :heatran: :tapu fini:

The whole basis of this team is to allow Scarf Kartana to clean after wearing down/removing checks and counters. I built the team around the dual-steel pairing of Kartana + Heatran. Heatran pressures ferrothorn and corv and more importantly, can be used to trap toxapex with magma storm and then remove with earth power (bar shed shell/misses). It also can trap Blissey with the same combination of moves which can be help open up a team for Specs shadow ball from pult. Pult offers a back up wincon and with u-turn it can safely pivot around checks. I opt to run flamethrower for corv/ferro here but honestly open to any suggestions. I have fini as a bulky water which offers misty terrain support which is excellent. More importantly it's my second trapper which is really useful for bulky steels that expect that heatran is the only steel removal. It's also an excellent dragapult check. Lastly I round out the team with Chomp+Corv. Corv offers extremely solid defog support, checks a wide variety of the tier and has u-turn to bring in our heavy hitters. Chomp is able to set up rocks and act as a wall. Chomp's set/spread is pretty plastic tbh, i'm using flamethrower and protect for kartana and hail match ups but i've run toxic, dragon tail, and sd in the past. lmk what you thnk!

TKK

:ss/Kartana: :ss/Tapu Koko: :ss/Slowking-Galar: :ss/Corviknight: :ss/Garchomp: :ss/Tapu Fini:
Kartana @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword

Tapu Koko @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Roost
- Dazzling Gleam

Slowking-Galar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Future Sight
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Body Press
- U-turn

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 140 Def / 120 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Endure
- Toxic

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 68 SpD / 192 Spe
Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Scald
- Draining Kiss
- Nature's Madness

This team is designed to pivot frequently while wearing down the opponent so Kartana can finish off its weakened checks. Tapu Koko deals with Torn-T, Corviknight, Skarmory, Zapdos, etc and helps Kartana pivot in against Ground-types. Galarian Slowking supports with Future Sight and generally serves as a nuisance with its good coverage. Corviknight defogs and checks Bisharp, Excadrill, Tyranitar, Rillaboom, etc. U-Turn provides helpful utility. Garchomp is a rocks-setting tank that's great at wearing down opponents. Tapu Fini improves the matchup against fat teams with Taunt + Nature's Madness and it is important for stopping Volcarona, Urshifu, and Heatran, as without it Garchomp would be stretched too thin and get overwhelmed. It is also the designated Dragapult check. Scarf Trick Fini is also a decent option on paper but I've yet to test that.

agslash23

Banned deucer.
Scarf Kart Grass Spam + Hazard Zone HO

This is a fun HO team I have made revolving around Mew setting dual Hazards (Spikes + Stealth Rocks) and Magnezone trapping the best defogger Corviknight as well as other setters like Skarmory and Ferrothon to ensure the team wins the Hazard war. From that point forward, Garchomp and Weavile pressure every other defogger like Zapdos, Tornadus-T, Mandibuzz etc.. as well as acting as wincons within themselves to further pressure the opponent. Rillaboom helps the team vs Rain, OHKOes Melmetal after SD and lures team enemy #1 Buzzwole with Acrobatics. Finally Kartana, the star of this week, uses Scarf to clean up whatever is left once the other mons do their job. It also like Chomp and Weavile weakening/removing Volcarona and birds, Zone eliminating/weakening steels, Mew's Hazards and Rilla's Grassy Terrain (as well as a successful lure and elimination of Buzzwole)

Knock-off from Weavile and Kartana is key to ensure Hazard Stack works the best. Also, sometimes opponent defog can't be avoided (coz RNG is real when using Stone Edge and Triple Axel). In that case, make sure to exploit the defog as a setup opportunity.

1) Rilla can OHKO Buzzwole with +2 Acro even while holding a LO. Also forgoing Knock is good for Kart, as it means Kart's Knocks hit harder

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Rillaboom Acrobatics (55 BP) vs. 252 HP / 144+ Def Buzzwole: 411-484 (98.3 - 115.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

2) While Stomping Tantrum reduces Chomp's main STABs BP, it can hit Fairies with a 150 BP Ground Move if they switch into Scale Shot. Also, Chomp barely clicks Ground STAB in this team, Stone Edge is usually the most clicked move.

Stomping Tantrum Garchomp (after a failed Scale Shot vs Fairies) :

252 Atk Life Orb Garchomp Stomping Tantrum vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 281-331 (71.3 - 84%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Garchomp Stomping Tantrum vs. 252 HP / 116+ Def Tapu Fini: 231-274 (67.1 - 79.6%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and 1 layer of Spikes

Last edited:
Sticky Web + Kartana offense

Kartana has often trouble closing games, because he gets revenge killed by many common threats (Dragapult, Zeraora, Tornadus-t, various scarfers).
My goal with this team is to enable a Kartana sweep as best as i can.

I figured that the easiest way to make Kartana faster then most opposing mons was to pair him with Sticky Web. I chose Ribombee over Shuckle mostly because of its speed, and because threats with multi-hit moves such as Melmetal and Urshifu are very common and make Shuckle's job much harder. Ribombee can also be very helpful against Tornadus-t, because it's faster and can paralyze it with Stun Spore.

Most fast threats are taken care of with Sticky Web, but there is one very notable exception: Zeraora is often used with Heavy Duty Boots, and can revenge kill a chipped Kartana with Close Combat. That's why i chose to give Chople Berry to my Kartana.

Without Life Orb, Kartana's durability increases, but its power is greatly diminished, and things like Corviknight and Skarmory can wall it. That's why i added the very obvious Iron Defense Magnezone. I gave it enough speed to outspeed max speed+ Heatran after Sticky Web.

At this point i already had something to cripple Tornadus-t, but i wasn't sure it was enough. So i added Coba Berry Tapu Bulu to lure the bird, survive Hurricane and KO with Stone Edge. It has enough speed to outspeed a paralyzed max speed+ Tornadus-t. It could definitely be worth trying different spreads and Wood Hammer > Horn Leech.

With these four mons in, i noticed a weakness to Heatran. I also had nothing to put pressure on Buzzwole and Tangrowth, which are two of the most reliable answers to Kartana. Adamant Choice Band Urshifu is here to solve these problems. Another interesting option could be Grassy Seed + Bulk Up and Acrobatics.

Scarf Lele looked like a great mon to complete the team, because it gives me speed control that does not depend on Sticky Web and because it benefits from the presence of Magnezone, making it a nice alternative win condition.

tapu bulu lures a flier and enables kartana: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1406610906
alternative win con in action: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1406620781

Gomi

yep
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Time to vote :kartana:

Reminder: the voting system used is the Ranked Pairs format (the same as CAP uses). To vote you basically order your options like this: C>B>A>D, like this A>B=C>D, or like this D>C, assuming there are 4 team options (A, B, C, and D). If you choose not to vote for all teams, the last team(s) will be assumed to be last and valued equally if more than one got left out. Additionally, don't vote for your own submission.

Team A by oofthequagsire
I have decided to be boring :psycry:

:kartana::magnezone::rillaboom::corviknight::dragapult::landorus-therian:

KartZone Grassy Terrain Offense
I decided to build a very standard archetype that Kart fits on with a few decently good surprises on it. Kart is Pads because relevant calcs with Life Orb matter less due to Zone's presence, and avoiding Static and similar is great for the origami man. Double Pivot Zone is really fun tech and a servicable midground, allowing you to position yourself optimally on switches that it might force without needing to risk a double switch. Dragapult is T-Wave+Hex to cripple things like Tornadus-Therian and Weavile (unboosted) which might otherwise be big threats to the squad. Lando creeps Timid Zone. Everything but Kart can pivot. Gaming is done. Make sure to play aggro vs Weav/Torn.
I’m open to feedback on this team!
Team B by Katy

Choice Band Terrakion feat. SD Kartana and SD Bisharp (basically overwhelm shared checks!)

:Landorus-therian: :tapu fini: :dragapult: :bisharp: :kartana: :terrakion:
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Toxic

Tapu Fini @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Defog
- Trick

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Flamethrower

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Kartana @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Sacred Sword

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Megahorn
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

This team basically is there to overwhelm shared checks in Corviknight, Skarmory, Tangrowth, and Hippowdon. With Swords Dance Bisharp and Swords Dance Kartana, this team has powerful breakers for the lategame aspect, Choice Band Terraktion rounds it up with Megahorn to hit Tangrowth and to lure this Pokemon in. Landorus-T is the Rocker and Tapu Fini the Fogger. I've decided to go with Defog in Tapu Fini, as Bisharp and Kartana already provide Knock Off utility. Tapu Fini makes also for an interesting partner, due to Misty Terrain providing the physical attackers some protection from statusconditions. Dragapult rounds this team up with its Choice Specs set and helps bringin' its partners in with U-turn alongside Landorus-T. This team can swap the sets around even, like makin' CB Terrakion SD and Kartana CB instead. This team has alot of playground. It can also be Defog Kartana and setup Tapu Fini and the team can still work fine. have fun wit' it.

Team C by Tio Chico
Kartana Scarf + Dragonite Band

:Dragonite: :Magnezone: :Landorus-Therian: :Toxapex: :Clefable: :Kartana:

I was thinking about not participating this time but as there are only two teams and the deadline is tomorrow, I will just repost my team from 2 weeks ago so maybe Gomi doesn't need to extend this time.

The team runs around Dragonite Band + Magnezone, with Kartana Scarf exerting speed control and potential endgame sweep.
Landorus-T + Clefable + Pex as defensive core.

Replay: Kartana vs Hail

You can check more details and replays on the RMT, or not.
Team D by TheKingKarp
Kartana Clean. This honestly works perfectly, I've been hoping to get some feedback with this team, and I figured I should submit it for the competition this week.

:corviknight: :kartana: :garchomp: :dragapult: :heatran: :tapu fini:

The whole basis of this team is to allow Scarf Kartana to clean after wearing down/removing checks and counters. I built the team around the dual-steel pairing of Kartana + Heatran. Heatran pressures ferrothorn and corv and more importantly, can be used to trap toxapex with magma storm and then remove with earth power (bar shed shell/misses). It also can trap Blissey with the same combination of moves which can be help open up a team for Specs shadow ball from pult. Pult offers a back up wincon and with u-turn it can safely pivot around checks. I opt to run flamethrower for corv/ferro here but honestly open to any suggestions. I have fini as a bulky water which offers misty terrain support which is excellent. More importantly it's my second trapper which is really useful for bulky steels that expect that heatran is the only steel removal. It's also an excellent dragapult check. Lastly I round out the team with Chomp+Corv. Corv offers extremely solid defog support, checks a wide variety of the tier and has u-turn to bring in our heavy hitters. Chomp is able to set up rocks and act as a wall. Chomp's set/spread is pretty plastic tbh, i'm using flamethrower and protect for kartana and hail match ups but i've run toxic, dragon tail, and sd in the past. lmk what you thnk!

TKK
Team E by JTD783
:ss/Kartana: :ss/Tapu Koko: :ss/Slowking-Galar: :ss/Corviknight: :ss/Garchomp: :ss/Tapu Fini:
Kartana @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword

Tapu Koko @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Roost
- Dazzling Gleam

Slowking-Galar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Future Sight
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Body Press
- U-turn

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 140 Def / 120 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Endure
- Toxic

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 68 SpD / 192 Spe
Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Scald
- Draining Kiss
- Nature's Madness

This team is designed to pivot frequently while wearing down the opponent so Kartana can finish off its weakened checks. Tapu Koko deals with Torn-T, Corviknight, Skarmory, Zapdos, etc and helps Kartana pivot in against Ground-types. Galarian Slowking supports with Future Sight and generally serves as a nuisance with its good coverage. Corviknight defogs and checks Bisharp, Excadrill, Tyranitar, Rillaboom, etc. U-Turn provides helpful utility. Garchomp is a rocks-setting tank that's great at wearing down opponents. Tapu Fini improves the matchup against fat teams with Taunt + Nature's Madness and it is important for stopping Volcarona, Urshifu, and Heatran, as without it Garchomp would be stretched too thin and get overwhelmed. It is also the designated Dragapult check. Scarf Trick Fini is also a decent option on paper but I've yet to test that.
Team F by agslash23

Scarf Kart Grass Spam + Hazard Zone HO

This is a fun HO team I have made revolving around Mew setting dual Hazards (Spikes + Stealth Rocks) and Magnezone trapping the best defogger Corviknight as well as other setters like Skarmory and Ferrothon to ensure the team wins the Hazard war. From that point forward, Garchomp and Weavile pressure every other defogger like Zapdos, Tornadus-T, Mandibuzz etc.. as well as acting as wincons within themselves to further pressure the opponent. Rillaboom helps the team vs Rain, OHKOes Melmetal after SD and lures team enemy #1 Buzzwole with Acrobatics. Finally Kartana, the star of this week, uses Scarf to clean up whatever is left once the other mons do their job. It also like Chomp and Weavile weakening/removing Volcarona and birds, Zone eliminating/weakening steels, Mew's Hazards and Rilla's Grassy Terrain (as well as a successful lure and elimination of Buzzwole)

Knock-off from Weavile and Kartana is key to ensure Hazard Stack works the best. Also, sometimes opponent defog can't be avoided (coz RNG is real when using Stone Edge and Triple Axel). In that case, make sure to exploit the defog as a setup opportunity.

1) Rilla can OHKO Buzzwole with +2 Acro even while holding a LO. Also forgoing Knock is good for Kart, as it means Kart's Knocks hit harder

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Rillaboom Acrobatics (55 BP) vs. 252 HP / 144+ Def Buzzwole: 411-484 (98.3 - 115.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

2) While Stomping Tantrum reduces Chomp's main STABs BP, it can hit Fairies with a 150 BP Ground Move if they switch into Scale Shot. Also, Chomp barely clicks Ground STAB in this team, Stone Edge is usually the most clicked move.

Stomping Tantrum Garchomp (after a failed Scale Shot vs Fairies) :

252 Atk Life Orb Garchomp Stomping Tantrum vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 281-331 (71.3 - 84%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Garchomp Stomping Tantrum vs. 252 HP / 116+ Def Tapu Fini: 231-274 (67.1 - 79.6%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and 1 layer of Spikes

Team G by neuro
Sticky Web + Kartana offense

Kartana has often trouble closing games, because he gets revenge killed by many common threats (Dragapult, Zeraora, Tornadus-t, various scarfers).
My goal with this team is to enable a Kartana sweep as best as i can.

I figured that the easiest way to make Kartana faster then most opposing mons was to pair him with Sticky Web. I chose Ribombee over Shuckle mostly because of its speed, and because threats with multi-hit moves such as Melmetal and Urshifu are very common and make Shuckle's job much harder. Ribombee can also be very helpful against Tornadus-t, because it's faster and can paralyze it with Stun Spore.

Most fast threats are taken care of with Sticky Web, but there is one very notable exception: Zeraora is often used with Heavy Duty Boots, and can revenge kill a chipped Kartana with Close Combat. That's why i chose to give Chople Berry to my Kartana.

Without Life Orb, Kartana's durability increases, but its power is greatly diminished, and things like Corviknight and Skarmory can wall it. That's why i added the very obvious Iron Defense Magnezone. I gave it enough speed to outspeed max speed+ Heatran after Sticky Web.

At this point i already had something to cripple Tornadus-t, but i wasn't sure it was enough. So i added Coba Berry Tapu Bulu to lure the bird, survive Hurricane and KO with Stone Edge. It has enough speed to outspeed a paralyzed max speed+ Tornadus-t. It could definitely be worth trying different spreads and Wood Hammer > Horn Leech.

With these four mons in, i noticed a weakness to Heatran. I also had nothing to put pressure on Buzzwole and Tangrowth, which are two of the most reliable answers to Kartana. Adamant Choice Band Urshifu is here to solve these problems. Another interesting option could be Grassy Seed + Bulk Up and Acrobatics.

Scarf Lele looked like a great mon to complete the team, because it gives me speed control that does not depend on Sticky Web and because it benefits from the presence of Magnezone, making it a nice alternative win condition.

tapu bulu lures a flier and enables kartana: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1406610906
alternative win con in action: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1406620781
You have 2 days to vote.

Last edited:
D > B > E > A > F = G

I played with all teams between 1800-1900, so here's some feedback even for those who didn't ask.

A = Good one, although the fire weakness is glaring and there is nothing to absorb Scald.
I would trade Magnezone for a set that removed Ferrothorn, it would make Rillaboom's day happier. BP/ID/Tbolt and the fourth move could keep Teleport for momentum or Occa Berry + Mirror Coat to surprise Heat Wave Zapdos or some Fire-type that doesn't hit as hard, sorry it doesn't give you more accurate EVs.
Fire weakness could be reduced by replacing Dragapult with ScarFini (offensively) or Toxapex Shed Shell + Light Screen (defensively).

B = It has great aesthetics and looks like fun until you start missing Stone Edge, and although the vulnerability to weather archetypes bothers me, I wouldn't change much of it, it's a very dynamic and enjoyable team to use.
Only Chople Berry > Black Glasses to withstand a Body Press of metallic birds and hit with another Knock Off, in addition to Kartana (meme) Timid, increasing the durability a little due to hazards, LO recoil and all kinds of BS that punish contact, the team already has 2 physical breakers but lacks some speed. 240HP/16Def/252Speed (19 IVs Atk) leaves 319 HP and decreases LO recoil by 1 point. I know you may already know this Katy, but other players might find it interesting so I've gone into more detail here, sorry.

C = It's mine, so next;

D= It really works great, I just comment that if you consider not sacrificing too much Special Bulk, you can use 52 Def / 200 SpD Chomp. It will allow you to enter Rocks and survive 2 Earthquake from Scarf Landorus-T (with the help of Protect), while still surviving an Ice Beam from GalarKing after Rocks.

E = RNG punished me a lot using this team so no big comments, just say I tested and preferred Tapu Fini with Scarf.

F = Good standart HO, but as a person who hates Tornadus-T I prefer Jolly > Adamant Weavile. Extra point for LO + Acrobatic lure.

G = I'm not a big fan of gen VIII Webs, Stealth Rock lacking (a little ironic on my part perhaps, as the same boots that ignore Webs ignore Rocks) and Ground-type, but the double berry lure is freaking hot so a lots of extra points for you.

Obviously I liked some teams more than others, but each one presents good proposals and construction, good work guys.
My feedback was the best of intentions I hope I haven't let any fellow builders down. Good day everyone.

G = I'm not a big fan of gen VIII Webs, Stealth Rock lacking (a little ironic on my part perhaps, as the same boots that ignore Webs ignore Rocks) and Ground-type, but the double berry lure is freaking hot so a lots of extra points for you.
thanks for the feedback
the lack of rocks makes me sad, that's why i started with shuckle > ribombee, but the latter performed better. maybe i could try scarf lando with rocks > lele.
the lack of a ground type has not been a problem in my experience, since the grassy dudes check electrics pretty well and stab rock attacks are close to non-existent.

btw, C > B > F > other

i didn't give proper respect to team C in the dnite round, but i tried it and it's great

i definitely agree with making Weavile jolly for team F, because you can definitely bluff but the rolls don't lie, and Tornadus-t becomes even more of a problem
i would also try mental herb + twave on mew to poop on tornadus-t with taunt
i appreciated the idea of acrobatics but i felt it's too narrow... ik buzzwole can be a pain, but using a 55 bp move for ONE pokémon (which isn't even super common) didn't feel right when i tried the team

Last edited:
D= It really works great, I just comment that if you consider not sacrificing too much Special Bulk, you can use 52 Def / 200 SpD Chomp. It will allow you to enter Rocks and survive 2 Earthquake from Scarf Landorus-T (with the help of Protect), while still surviving an Ice Beam from GalarKing after Rocks.
Glad you enjoyed the team man! Will definitely try that set on chomp and I can't wait to give your team a try on the ladder. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)