Project SS OU Teambuilding Competition - Not hosted anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

airfare

is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OUPL Champion
reuniclus + shedinja stall
:reuniclus::shedinja::toxapex::skarmory::clefable::blissey:

Reuniclus is a great win condition for stall teams at the moment - most teams are completely unprepared and it can 6-0 from lead in many matchups. It also has defensive utility, helping vs stuff like Zeraora defensively as well as providing an offensive check to Toxapex and Ferrothorn that stall appreciates a lot. It can check Tauntless Heatran in a pinch as well. Next, Shedinja adds a whole lot of role compression that stall needs right now - it checks Future-Sight based offensive breaking, almost all forms of Magearna, Kyurem, Tapu Lele, rain, and provides as a great electric immunity - at the cost of being almost useless in matchups vs sand. Shed Shell Knock Off Toxapex + Blissey is my Heatran counterplay - I had Slowking-Galar over Blissey in a previous iteration of the team but with this setup my matchups vs Nidoking and Dragapult are improved. The rest of the team is mostly intuitive - Skarmory helps vs physical ground and grass types as well as Defogging. Clefable helps as a Unaware catch-all vs things like Nasty Plot Tornadus-Therian, and other setup sweepers like Hawlucha, Dragonite, and Volcarona.

I've really enjoyed using this team. It has amazing matchups vs most offensive teams, but I've noticed that fatter sand teams can be annoying because they render Shed useless and can pressure the rest of my team with Knock Off + good hazards support.

Egor

нет, товарищ генерал, это вы даёте
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RoAPL Champion

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Thunder

Hippowdon @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Atk / 248 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Zapdos-Galar @ Choice Band
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Stomping Tantrum

Slowking-Galar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 176 SpA / 80 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Future Sight
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower
- Earthquake

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip

Mandibuzz (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 144 SpD / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Foul Play
- Knock Off
- Toxic
First of all, s/o Nazip - he's a co-creator of the team. This squad is mostly a generic fat stuff, where Reuniclus is supported by Spikes, sand, and Toxic from Ferrothorn, Hippowdon, and Mandibuzz, but with an interesting twist - Zapdos-G. Zapdos-G makes the team less passive and further contributes to weakening the opponent's team for Reuniclus. Slowking-G, alongside being a general special sponge here, provides Zapdos-G with a Future Sight support and is able to land a good hit itself - this opens up the offensive progress-making toolkit a lot, and combined with all the residual damage the team can spread, gives a powerful way to prepare the opposition for Reuniclus.

Le Don

La Déchéance d'un homme
is a Community Contributor
RoAPL Champion
https://pokepast.es/dba07a8a7b489fe0
reu.png
sticky bard.png

Yeah Reuniclus with trick and sticky barb... First s/o eeveeto, fire set ( Snake W7, DLC 1 ). Idk if the team is optimal at all but I wanted to share it so here we go.
So we have a fat team with reuniclus as "darkbreaker" and dragapult as wincond, gp is : trick mandibuzz / hydreigon / ttar / bliss, status spam then click hex with dragapult. Sticky barb helps pult to break the ghost resist / immunity.
Koff on clef is ok because mandi / hydrei / ttar are not going to switch on clef. ( maybe CM is better than aromatherapy ? )
Mandi for race ( which is banned now ), kart ...
Hippo spD ( my favorite mon in this meta ) with boots ( for spikes matchup but leftos are sometimes better than boots ) for koko ( pls no gknot on the switch ^^), pult specs, glowking... 36 EV in attack to OHKO full life nidoking ( in situation where opp leads with nido ).

252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoking Ice Beam vs. 248 HP / 224+ SpD Hippowdon: 229-270 (54.6 - 64.4%)
36 Atk Hippowdon Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Nidoking: 306-360 (100.9 - 118.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO ( you can run only 28 if you don't care about nido with 4 def EV ).
252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Koko Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 248 HP / 224+ SpD Hippowdon: 288-340 (68.7 - 81.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery ----> lives gknot and OHKO it in return.
252 SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Shadow Ball vs. 248 HP / 224+ SpD Hippowdon: 150-177 (35.7 - 42.2%)

252+ SpA Choice Specs Magearna Fleur Cannon vs. 248 HP / 224+ SpD Hippowdon: 319-376 (76.1 - 89.7%)
36 Atk Hippowdon Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Magearna: 218-258 (72.4 - 85.7%)
+2 252+ SpA Magearna Stored Power (160 BP) vs. 248 HP / 224+ SpD Hippowdon: 348-410 (83 - 97.8%) ---> after activating weakness policy and shift gear

Toxapex for status support with tspikes and ofc HAZE ...
And dragapult with hex + wow ( hitting corv, mandi, hydrei... twave is good too but you can struggle vs corv in late game ) as wincond.
The team is maybe outdated now but I really really enjoyed playing it.
Thx for reading.

Last edited:

ausma

token smogon furry
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Forum Leader
We tap into the truest potential of our world and society through embracing truth.

Technic Nymphs - AV Reuniclus Offense
:ss/reuniclus::ss/tornadus-therian::ss/latios::ss/urshifu-rapid-strike::ss/rillaboom::ss/heatran:
This team is incredibly unconventional, taking some extremely strange routes in order to optimize Rillaboom and Tornadus-T's damage output. This team went through a lot of change as I was working on it, originally being a bulkier balance consisting of a Regenerator core; however, I abandoned this route because it didn't really let Reuniclus's more interesting caveats shine, and, bluntly, it was boring.

Reuniclus has a lot going for it, and due to its great options and movepool, there's a lot of potential for mixing and matching different kinds of sets. AV + Regenerator, however, was one that was fairly popular in the early stages of SS UU, and I wanted to bring it to life here, as the set is able to provide a useful special sponge that can take on the onslaught of Tapu Lele and Latios, while also boasting a spammable Knock Off, punishing Dark-type switch-ins like Hydreigon, Tyranitar, and Mandibuzz by stripping them of their item. What made this team take a much more offensive approach, however, was my discovery of its access to Explosion, a move that provides the user with suicidal momentum. Given that Reuniclus can use Knock Off, hazards from an ally, and invite in things like the aforementioned Dark-types, I wanted to take full advantage of that and provide set-up opportunities to two incredibly powerful setup sweepers in the form of Tornadus-T and Rillaboom. Exploding isn't necessarily an autoloss to Psychic-spam, either, as Heatran is also able to alleviate a lot of pressure from Reuniclus regardless. For reference, Reuniclus's investment is to creep common Melmetal variants that, conveniently, creep for Toxapex.

I wanted this team to be able to take on different "modes", similar to VGC teams, depending on the matchup. Since Reuniclus can deal out immediate pressure with Psychic, for example, I have a Latios here with a one-time momentum nuke in Draco Meteor, which can take advantage of bulky special walls and provide powerful setup opportunities for Rillaboom, or give a wallbreaking opportunity to Urshifu against special walls or Steel-types. Likewise, Reuniclus and Urshifu themselves can provide momentum too and give Tornadus-T a setup opportunity on a bulkier target that it can more reliably set up against, and thanks to Regenerator of its own, it can do this several times throughout the course of the game. Heatran can even trap things thanks to its access to Magma Storm, and remove/pressure annoying walls like Ferrothorn and Corviknight. For comparison's sake, I feel as though this team sort of takes a Gen 5 offense approach, where it's more about responding to the matchup and playing in certain ways to accommodate it.

Although it's pretty hard to get a hold of, and it has a couple notable flaws, it's a lot of fun, and I really encourage giving it a shot!

Ruft

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Leader
Voting time!

Reminder: the voting system used is the Ranked Pairs format (the same as CAP uses). To vote you basically order your options like this: C>B>A>D, like this A>B=C>D, or like this D>C, assuming there are 4 team options (A, B, C, and D). If you choose not to vote for all teams, the last team(s) will be assumed to be last and valued equally if more than one got left out. Additionally, don't vote for your own submission. If you have any questions, by all means, contact me.

Team A by Katy
reuniclus + toxic spikes toxapex + healing wish latias balance
:reuniclus: :blissey: :toxapex: :latias: :corviknight: :garchomp:
Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Focus Blast

Blissey (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Teleport

Toxapex @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Knock Off
- Toxic Spikes

Latias (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Aura Sphere
- Healing Wish
- Roost

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn
- Iron Head

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Scale Shot
description: this team is built around calm mind reuniclus with recover, psyshock and focus blast, psyshock hits blissey and galarian slowking harder than psychic does. coupled with magic guard and life orb it can be a deadly late-game cleaner. its other teammate is blissey to have a switch into strong special attackers such as nidoking, tapu koko, and dragapult. its moveset is stealth rocks and teleport to support reuniclus and its other teamate garchomp to bring them in safely. toxapex rounds the core up with rocky helmet to punish cinderace with u-turn; it has recover, knock off and toxic spikes, toxic spikes are a nice tool to help reuniclus in the late-game aspect and to wear down the opposing team properly with it and blisseys stealth rocks. latias has healing wish to help reuniclus and garchomp. corviknight checks tapu lele which is really threatening to that team and has iron head to threaten it whereas garchomp acts also like a nice late-game cleaner with the team spreaing hazards and slowly whittling down the opposing team over the course of the game.
Team B by 658Greninja
View attachment 316602View attachment 316603View attachment 316604View attachment 316605View attachment 316606View attachment 316608
https://pokepast.es/eac69b92c92e110d

Dual Magic Guard Reuniclus Balance

The team revolves around the two fat blobs with Magic Guard. Reun and Clef go ham and ham. Reuniclus provides the team with a solid wincon, Clef is our Pult, Hydrei check and cleric. Tran is the rocker, SG Mag check, and breaker. Pult is for checking Ace, Hydrei, NP Torn, and SD Chomp. I wanted a volt switch immunity but I didn’t want to be weak to rain, so I went with Gastro which doubles as a Specs Mag check, among other special attackers in the tier. Corv is the defogger meant to deal with Kart, Drill, Rilla, Chomp, and Lando. The main goal is to wear stuff down with status, rocks, and Tran trapping shenanigans, then letting Reuniclus sweep late game.
Team C by IPF
:reuniclus::toxapex::magnezone::skarmory::tyranitar::excadrill:

Team I built a few months ago but takes advantage of current metagame trends pretty well imo, double dance Reuniclus gives you great matchup against teams that rely on U-turning around to chip it down and eventually kill it, and also benefits greatly from several teams dropping dark types now that Spectrier has been banned. Stored Power allows you to break stall once the dark has been removed at the expense of losing to Toxapex 1v1, up to you. Magnezone removes Skarmory which would otherwise whirlwind reuni out, which also synergises well with the Tyranitar+Excadrill combination. Excadrill runs Toxic for mons like Mandibuzz but can also function as a wincon with the opposing steel removed, Toxapex is TSpikes which aids with the HO matchup while also hitting Tapu Fini (CM Taunt 6-0s otherwise).
Team D by ashwins72
reuniclus + shedinja stall
:reuniclus::shedinja::toxapex::skarmory::clefable::blissey:

Reuniclus is a great win condition for stall teams at the moment - most teams are completely unprepared and it can 6-0 from lead in many matchups. It also has defensive utility, helping vs stuff like Zeraora defensively as well as providing an offensive check to Toxapex and Ferrothorn that stall appreciates a lot. It can check Tauntless Heatran in a pinch as well. Next, Shedinja adds a whole lot of role compression that stall needs right now - it checks Future-Sight based offensive breaking, almost all forms of Magearna, Kyurem, Tapu Lele, rain, and provides as a great electric immunity - at the cost of being almost useless in matchups vs sand. Shed Shell Knock Off Toxapex + Blissey is my Heatran counterplay - I had Slowking-Galar over Blissey in a previous iteration of the team but with this setup my matchups vs Nidoking and Dragapult are improved. The rest of the team is mostly intuitive - Skarmory helps vs physical ground and grass types as well as Defogging. Clefable helps as a Unaware catch-all vs things like Nasty Plot Tornadus-Therian, and other setup sweepers like Hawlucha, Dragonite, and Volcarona.

I've really enjoyed using this team. It has amazing matchups vs most offensive teams, but I've noticed that fatter sand teams can be annoying because they render Shed useless and can pressure the rest of my team with Knock Off + good hazards support.
Team E by Egor

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Thunder

Hippowdon @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Atk / 248 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Zapdos-Galar @ Choice Band
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Stomping Tantrum

Slowking-Galar @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 176 SpA / 80 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Future Sight
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower
- Earthquake

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip

Mandibuzz (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 144 SpD / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Foul Play
- Knock Off
- Toxic
First of all, s/o Nazip - he's a co-creator of the team. This squad is mostly a generic fat stuff, where Reuniclus is supported by Spikes, sand, and Toxic from Ferrothorn, Hippowdon, and Mandibuzz, but with an interesting twist - Zapdos-G. Zapdos-G makes the team less passive and further contributes to weakening the opponent's team for Reuniclus. Slowking-G, alongside being a general special sponge here, provides Zapdos-G with a Future Sight support and is able to land a good hit itself - this opens up the offensive progress-making toolkit a lot, and combined with all the residual damage the team can spread, gives a powerful way to prepare the opposition for Reuniclus.
Team F by D_C_T_D
https://pokepast.es/dba07a8a7b489fe0
View attachment 318008View attachment 318007
Yeah Reuniclus with trick and sticky barb... First s/o eeveeto, fire set ( Snake W7, DLC 1 ). Idk if the team is optimal at all but I wanted to share it so here we go.
So we have a fat team with reuniclus as "darkbreaker" and dragapult as wincond, gp is : trick mandibuzz / hydreigon / ttar / bliss, status spam then click hex with dragapult. Sticky barb helps pult to break the ghost resist / immunity.
Koff on clef is ok because mandi / hydrei / ttar are not going to switch on clef. ( maybe CM is better than aromatherapy ? )
Mandi for race ( which is banned now ), kart ...
Hippo spD ( my favorite mon in this meta ) with boots ( for spikes matchup but leftos are sometimes better than boots ) for koko ( pls no gknot on the switch ^^), pult specs, glowking... 36 EV in attack to OHKO full life nidoking ( in situation where opp leads with nido ).

252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoking Ice Beam vs. 248 HP / 224+ SpD Hippowdon: 229-270 (54.6 - 64.4%)
36 Atk Hippowdon Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Nidoking: 306-360 (100.9 - 118.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO ( you can run only 28 if you don't care about nido with 4 def EV ).
252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Koko Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 248 HP / 224+ SpD Hippowdon: 288-340 (68.7 - 81.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery ----> lives gknot and OHKO it in return.
252 SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Shadow Ball vs. 248 HP / 224+ SpD Hippowdon: 150-177 (35.7 - 42.2%)

252+ SpA Choice Specs Magearna Fleur Cannon vs. 248 HP / 224+ SpD Hippowdon: 319-376 (76.1 - 89.7%)
36 Atk Hippowdon Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Magearna: 218-258 (72.4 - 85.7%)
+2 252+ SpA Magearna Stored Power (160 BP) vs. 248 HP / 224+ SpD Hippowdon: 348-410 (83 - 97.8%) ---> after activating weakness policy and shift gear

Toxapex for status support with tspikes and ofc HAZE ...
And dragapult with hex + wow ( hitting corv, mandi, hydrei... twave is good too but you can struggle vs corv in late game ) as wincond.
The team is maybe outdated now but I really really enjoyed playing it.
Thx for reading.
Team G by ausma
We tap into the truest potential of our world and society through embracing truth.

Technic Nymphs - AV Reuniclus Offense
:ss/reuniclus::ss/tornadus-therian::ss/latios::ss/urshifu-rapid-strike::ss/rillaboom::ss/heatran:
This team is incredibly unconventional, taking some extremely strange routes in order to optimize Rillaboom and Tornadus-T's damage output. This team went through a lot of change as I was working on it, originally being a bulkier balance consisting of a Regenerator core; however, I abandoned this route because it didn't really let Reuniclus's more interesting caveats shine, and, bluntly, it was boring.

Reuniclus has a lot going for it, and due to its great options and movepool, there's a lot of potential for mixing and matching different kinds of sets. AV + Regenerator, however, was one that was fairly popular in the early stages of SS UU, and I wanted to bring it to life here, as the set is able to provide a useful special sponge that can take on the onslaught of Tapu Lele and Latios, while also boasting a spammable Knock Off, punishing Dark-type switch-ins like Hydreigon, Tyranitar, and Mandibuzz by stripping them of their item. What made this team take a much more offensive approach, however, was my discovery of its access to Explosion, a move that provides the user with suicidal momentum. Given that Reuniclus can use Knock Off, hazards from an ally, and invite in things like the aforementioned Dark-types, I wanted to take full advantage of that and provide set-up opportunities to two incredibly powerful setup sweepers in the form of Tornadus-T and Rillaboom. Exploding isn't necessarily an autoloss to Psychic-spam, either, as Heatran is also able to alleviate a lot of pressure from Reuniclus regardless. For reference, Reuniclus's investment is to creep common Melmetal variants that, conveniently, creep for Toxapex.

I wanted this team to be able to take on different "modes", similar to VGC teams, depending on the matchup. Since Reuniclus can deal out immediate pressure with Psychic, for example, I have a Latios here with a one-time momentum nuke in Draco Meteor, which can take advantage of bulky special walls and provide powerful setup opportunities for Rillaboom, or give a wallbreaking opportunity to Urshifu against special walls or Steel-types. Likewise, Reuniclus and Urshifu themselves can provide momentum too and give Tornadus-T a setup opportunity on a bulkier target that it can more reliably set up against, and thanks to Regenerator of its own, it can do this several times throughout the course of the game. Heatran can even trap things thanks to its access to Magma Storm, and remove/pressure annoying walls like Ferrothorn and Corviknight. For comparison's sake, I feel as though this team sort of takes a Gen 5 offense approach, where it's more about responding to the matchup and playing in certain ways to accommodate it.

Although it's pretty hard to get a hold of, and it has a couple notable flaws, it's a lot of fun, and I really encourage giving it a shot!
You have 2 days to vote.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
C>B>A=G=E>F>D

I had to really sit down and analyze these for a bit there's some cool concepts but some things need to be fleshed out before I'm completely sold on some of them. Cool stuff though.

Ruft

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Leader
The voting phase is over, my apologies for the delay! These are the votes:
D>G>E>A>C>F>B
C>B>A=E=G>F>D
E>F>C>A>B>D>G
G>E>C>D>F>B
If we input this here, the winner is team G by ausma!
Congratulations! Your submission will be added to the archive.

Week 26: Kyurem

Kyurem has seen a significant resurgence recently, both on the ladder and in SPL. Between Choice Specs, Sub 2 attacks, and Sub Dragon Dance (and more?), there are a lot of ways to go about building a team around it.
You have one week to submit a team featuring Kyurem. Good luck!​

Katy

Banned deucer.
Back To Ice Age! feat. Kyurem and Alolan Ninetales

:landorus-therian: :ninetales-alola: :kyurem: :zeraora: :volcarona: :dragapult:
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance

Ninetales-Alola @ Icy Rock
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Freeze-Dry
- Hail
- Hypnosis

Kyurem @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power
- Draco Meteor

Zeraora @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Volt Absorb
Jolly Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Volt Switch
- Close Combat
- Knock Off

Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Flamethrower
- Psychic
- Bug Buzz

Dragapult @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Infiltrator
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Phantom Force
- Dragon Darts
- Sucker Punch

this team is with choice specs blizzard kyurem which is the highlight on it, but lets kick it off with landorus-t, as it is one of the best suicide leads in the tier and it can lay down entry hazards in forme of stealth rocks. with swords dance + explosion it is able to pressure a lot of defoggers. ninetales alola is the aurora veil setter and has icy rock to extent kyurems turns with blizzard, so kyurem is enabled to hit as hard as possible over a long period of time. the other pokemon are zeraora with the physical pivot set and knock off longaide close combat, plasma fist, and volt switch to pressure teams. volcarona is a dangerous setup sweeper with quiver dance and 3 attacks. dragapult round up the team and is a dragon dance-user with weakness policy and phantom force, dragon darts, and sucker punch, as the last move gives it some forme of priority and therefore pressures opposing pokemon further.

A Long Walk One Windy Afternoon:
My best Kyurem team sadly took a big hit after Cinderace's ban, and while I'm still experimenting with restoring it post-ban, it was still just a standard FuturePort BO squad just featuring Kyurem and SpecyEleki which is fun but a bit stale to share. Instead, I'm gonna submit this Kyurem Stall focused on stacking hazards with Scarm and Hippo and spamming Whirlwind to rack up chip. Haze Pex supports vs set-up breakers and Knock support for Boots removal, Heal Bell Bliss supports as cleric (though Protect was, and still can be used to support vs FuturePort spam) and Toxic to catch Birds unaffected by Spikes. Zapdos is hazard control and 1v1 support vs mons unaffected by Spikes and/or Toxic such as Corv and Ferro who Kyu doesn't like facing. Kyu is here as offensive support vs opposing fat and snacks on ground down cores after the long-term wear. I'm not the best Stall builder in the world, I generally prefer to build and play more offensively, but this squad's done me fair and they cover for eachother quite well. They also don't look too ugly together either, surprisingly.
Hippowdon (F) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Atk / 244 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind
- Slack Off

Skarmory (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Spikes
- Body Press

Toxapex (F) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 148 Def / 112 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Knock Off
- Haze
- Recover

Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Heal Bell
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss

Zapdos @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 220 Def / 40 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Discharge
- Heat Wave

Kyurem @ Metronome
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power
- Roost
- Substitute

A lil' help to my boy Excadrill ft Specs Kyurem

:ss/excadrill: :ss/hippowdon: :ss/slowbro: :ss/corviknight: :ss/tapu koko: :ss/kyurem:

I'm a big sand player, and also I was looking for a breaker for my team to help Excadrill to sweep late-game and it was like "oh, Kyurem breaks a lot of Excadrill answers with its Specs sets, why not giving it a chance?". So, the team starts with a classic core of Excadrill and SpDef Hippowdon as a Heatran and Tapu Koko check, then as Water-type resist, Slowbro with FuturePort to bring in Kyurem as much as possible against Grass-types; after that, the team was weak to Lele and Garchomp, so, I decided to add a mixed defense Corviknight, with enough SpDef just to tank Specs Lele's Focus Blast and the rest dumped in defense to tackle Rillaboom. Koko was added as a mean of lure in Grass-types and Ground-types for Kyurem while also providing a speedy threat to deal with Tornadus-T, Latios, Kartana, to not rely that much in Excadrill in sand to revenge killing things, and giving me terrain control to prevent Rillaboom going bonkers. Also Koko serves to weaken certain mons like Landorus-T and to take out every bird in OU, which is great news for Excadrill even if it is packing Rock Slide.
The team is a bit weak to DD Pult, i'm sure Hippo's spread can be tailored to survive a Dragon Darts and Whirlwind it out.

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind

Slowbro @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Future Sight
- Teleport

Corviknight (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 140 Def / 116 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn
- Brave Bird

Tapu Koko @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- U-turn
- Roost

Kyurem @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Freeze-Dry
- Draco Meteor
- Focus Blast

airfare

is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OUPL Champion
kyurem + heatran bo
:kyurem::heatran::tapu fini::landorus-therian::tornadus-therian::toxapex:

Sub + Roost Kyurem has very little counterplay in the tier at the moment and can 6-0 many teams from preview. Most of its (limited) counterplay, most notably Blissey, Slowking-G, and other Steel-types that check Kyurem, can be trapped or pressured heavily by Heatran. Misty Terrain lets Kyurem come in for free vs Toxapex, Heatran, Lando-T and more while serving as a niche, unpredictable form of speed control. It often serves as a Dragapult check lategame and can clean up unprepared teams. Tricking a Blissey or Slowking-G can often turn the tides in the game for a easy win with Kyurem. Mixed Lando-T and Toxapex are super important to this defensive core with Heatran and help support Kyurem through Knock Off and Toxic support. Nasty Plot Torn-T helps with breaking through teams and offers defensive utility vs Grass-types that would otherwise rip through this. This team has a unique balance of offense and defense that makes it easy to shred through opposing teams through trapping and Trick/Knock while holding your own vs common offensive threats in the tier.

replay showcasing kyurem bein broken

COVID Vaccine how I Kyurem

Sub + Roost is probably the only Kyurem set I've had success with, I guess those Specs aren't my prescription. Seeing as how the primary concern for that 'mon is Blissey, the immediate go-to in my mind was Superpower Nidoking. These two provide a lot of immediate breaking power, so my next concerns were about creating a generally strong foundation to go against the current OU meta. After a couple of iterations, I found that I really did enjoy Magnezone + Rillaboom, with Zone trapping Steel types, it also takes a lot of pressure off Kyurem and Nidoking to beat things like Melmetal and Ferrothorn. I then wanted a defensive backbone to fit my playstyle, Mandibuzz is obviously still extremely strong with Dragapult and Rillaboom in the meta, and Slowbro is just great as a pivot with Teleport. Future Sight is definitely an unplanned facet of this that works well, with being able to Teleport into Rillaboom, then U-turn into Zone to trap the Steel that takes the Future Sight and Grass STAB.

Kyurem@Weakness Policy.
:ss/kyurem: :ss/heatran: :ss/tapu koko: :ss/ferrothorn: :ss/regieleki: :ss/blissey:
Kyurem @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Freeze-Dry
- Icicle Spear
- Earth Power

Heatran (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Overheat

Tapu Koko @ Light Clay
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- U-turn
- Thunderbolt

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Thunder Wave

Regieleki @ Magnet
Ability: Transistor
EVs: 252 SpA / 180 SpD / 76 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Rising Voltage
- Rapid Spin
- Ancient Power

Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Wish
- Seismic Toss
- Aromatherapy

Here, kyurem is played with a set which at a glance might seem to be normal, but this set is played with the Weakness Policy which totally surprises the opponent who generally thinks of the classic set with the SubRoost.
Tapu Koko is mainly there to lay the Screens to facilitate the placement of Kyurem and allow the WP to activate properly. Here I allowed myself not to have a defoger for the simple reason that Regieleki could very well take advantage of the Electric Surge of Tapu Koko, Rapid Spin and which in return brings the switch'in of the latter which in return is managed by Kyurem.
Heatran is there to calm the Steel Types who would like to take advantage of it.
Ferrothorn as a Stealth Rock setter and Blissey as a Wish Passer, a Special Wall and to heal Kyurem from potential toxics or Burns.
However, it would first be necessary to get rid of Kyurem Checks before attempting to place it and so as not to waste its object which is for single use.

Abhi

Professional Zoomer
is an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hey there :afrostar:

This team is brought to you by da bois ( DKM and I )

Droppin' Dracos with da bois

:kyurem::heatran::dragapult::slowking::mandibuzz::landorus-therian:

Hello. This team was built around the dragon spam core of Kyurem and Dragapult. Because these two are commonly walled by pokemon like Blissey and Tyranitar we chose Heatran, this is because it is well known for its ability to cripple its defensive switch ins like Slowking and Tyranitar or Trap and KO Blissey. This greatly opens up a cleaning opportunity by either Kyurem or Dragapult. Slowking is there for bringing in Kyurem safely as it can often be useful for it and help with pokemon such as Heatran, Tapu Lele and Nidoking. Mandibuzz acts as a ghost resist and Defog user on the team. It also helps check Pokemon like Kartana, Rillaboom and Excadrill. Landorus-T is the teams Stealth Rock user and pivot and check to Garchomp, Excadrill and Zeraora. The team performs pretty good in our experience hopefully you'll like it too!​

kyurem + heatran bo

Sub + Roost Kyurem has very little counterplay in the tier at the moment and can 6-0 many teams from preview. Most of its (limited) counterplay, most notably Blissey, Slowking-G, and other Steel-types that check Kyurem, can be trapped or pressured heavily by Heatran. Misty Terrain lets Kyurem come in for free vs Toxapex, Heatran, Lando-T and more while serving as a niche, unpredictable form of speed control. It often serves as a Dragapult check lategame and can clean up unprepared teams. Tricking a Blissey or Slowking-G can often turn the tides in the game for a easy win with Kyurem. Mixed Lando-T and Toxapex are super important to this defensive core with Heatran and help support Kyurem through Knock Off and Toxic support. Nasty Plot Torn-T helps with breaking through teams and offers defensive utility vs Grass-types that would otherwise rip through this. This team has a unique balance of offense and defense that makes it easy to shred through opposing teams through trapping and Trick/Knock while holding your own vs common offensive threats in the tier.

Question - I see your Heatran has Heavy Slam. Mind explaining why that is used instead of Flash Cannon or even Taunt

airfare

OUPL Champion
Question - I see your Heatran has Heavy Slam. Mind explaining why that is used instead of Flash Cannon or even Taunt
good question - it guarantees trap on gking, ensures i don't lose to cm clef, gives consistent damage to some other checks like ttar fini. can trap blissey reliably if u go taunt > toxic too. it's seen use in spl recently which is why i wanted to try it out

0 Atk Heatran Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Slowking-Galar: 144-169 (36.5 - 42.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
0 Atk Heatran Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 206-246 (52.2 - 62.4%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 Atk Heatran Heavy Slam (60 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 110-132 (27.2 - 32.6%) -- 55.5% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 Atk Heatran Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 192+ Def Tapu Fini: 82-97 (23.8 - 28.1%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 Atk Heatran Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 214-253 (29.9 - 35.4%) -- 27% chance to 3HKO

KyuRain Offense

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Scald
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Kyurem @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast

Barraskewda @ Choice Band
Ability: Swift Swim
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Close Combat
- Psychic Fangs
- Flip Turn

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Scale Shot
- Earthquake
- Aqua Tail

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
A pretty standard rain offense team for the most part, but with an unconventional member in Specs Kyurem. Its powerful Freeze Dry blows through bulky Waters and Grasses that often cause rain teams trouble such as Toxapex, the Slowtwins, Gastrodon, Swampert, Rotom-W, Tangrowth and Rillaboom, while also putting a lot of pressure on enemy Ferrothorn. Kyurem has great offensive synergy with Barraskewda, which can Flip Turn out of the things that can withstand its blows, pretty much all of which are threatened by Kyurem. Furthermore, Kyurem provides valuable resistances to Water, Grass and Electric, and is reasonable bulky even without investment. NP Taunt Tornadus-T is the main stallbreaker of the team, and can act as an additional offensive check to Rillaboom alongside Kyurem (Rillaboom is perhaps the biggest threat to rain teams overall, so being prepared is definitely good). Garchomp is an ever useful Ground immunity and secondary win-con, utilising SD and rain-boosted Aqua Tails to severely weaken or KO physical tanks such as Corviknight, Skarmory, Mandibuzz and Zapdos, which can pave the way for a lategame Barraskewda clean up. Finally, Ferrothorn rounds off the team by providing a plethora of useful resistances and Stealth Rock support.

AEE660CC-4615-4354-A26B-D326B3F98694.png
CB894977-B39B-4C22-87A0-361F42B36E9B.png
7982626C-85AC-46FB-8F42-9ADA54B6FF37.png
610E2EB7-5211-4E48-A2CC-0C2AD583D33F.png
63DD25BD-4425-4D0D-A241-8BFE1D436E55.png
33E43C22-C11C-4F09-B1A0-A37CACFE0708.png

Scarf Kyurem + Zone BO

Scarf Kyurem is underrated imo, being able to check a plethora of strong offensive threats while still having solid bulk and kill power. Scarf Kyu is not as good as it’s standard sets but it does it’s job well. I found out that Zone is an amazing partner for this set as it traps problematic mons like the steel birbs and Ferro. Also traps choice locked Melm while warding off Koko. Hence, why I wanted to build a team around the core.

Team building process

So firstly after building the Scarf Kyu + Zone core, I needed a check for Tran, and something to switch into Pult/Hydrei/Weavile etc, so I went with Fini. CM Fini absolutely appreciates the removal of one of it’s biggest checks, thus letting it clean lategame more frequently. It does cut dmg on Kyu’s Draco, but your mostly gonna spam it’s ice STAB anyways so it’s not as big of a drawback.

I needed a strong breaker that adores the support coming from these three mons and I found Kart to be the best option for me. It loves Kyu pressuring the birbs, it likes Zone trapping Corv/Skarm, and appreciates Fini providing Misty Terrain for it, letting it freely setup on bulky waters and Twave Ferro.

63DD25BD-4425-4D0D-A241-8BFE1D436E55.png
33E43C22-C11C-4F09-B1A0-A37CACFE0708.png

Now I needed a solid defensive backbone to scave off some threats. I needed both a rocker and a defogger, so I went with Lando which can handle Koko/Zera, and stuff like Victini. I also wanted something that can lure in Corv, so Lando was the most appropriate for the job. Even if Corv U-Turns instead of defogging my rocks away, I still get to keep up offensive pressure against my opponent. As for my defogger I had to change my defogger a couple times to get as many good mus as possible.

1231378C-227F-43D5-81DE-00B4CD619F9D.png

When I first initially built this team I went with Mandi as my defogger since it had a great mu vs Pult and Aegi.

3A0021F3-0C35-459C-A89E-5AF56086FBFA.png

However I was having problems dealing with NP Torn since I have nothing that can safely pivot into it so I went with Zapdos since I already have a check in Fini for Pult. It hitway harder and had the benefit of giving the team a better mu vs Lucha.

08584823-E69E-443D-A13A-AC266EFDD65A.png

I came to the conclusion of Corv since I realized that the mu vs Kyurem, Lele, and SD Lando was not good. My solution was to utilize SpD Corv which also let me tank a +2 Focus Blast from Torn and pivot into Scarf Kyurem safely. I placed Iron Head over it’s over options cause CM Clef gave this team I problem. Since I already had Kart/Kyurem/Lando for Rilla and Drill respectively, I didn’t really need BB or Bory Press. It’s a bit redundant to have three steels at the same team, but dealing with Kyurem was way too important.

Kyurem @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Ice Beam
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 Def / 116 SpA / 140 Spe
Bold Nature
- Iron Defense
- Body Press
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 68 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Surf
- Draining Kiss
- Taunt

Kartana @ Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Synthesis

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Toxic

Corviknight @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Iron Head
- U-turn

Ruft

OU Leader
Time to vote!

Reminder: the voting system used is the Ranked Pairs format (the same as CAP uses). To vote you basically order your options like this: C>B>A>D, like this A>B=C>D, or like this D>C, assuming there are 4 team options (A, B, C, and D). If you choose not to vote for all teams, the last team(s) will be assumed to be last and valued equally if more than one got left out. Additionally, don't vote for your own submission. If you have any questions, by all means, contact me.

Team A by Katy
Back To Ice Age! feat. Kyurem and Alolan Ninetales

:landorus-therian: :ninetales-alola: :kyurem: :zeraora: :volcarona: :dragapult:
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance

Ninetales-Alola @ Icy Rock
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Freeze-Dry
- Hail
- Hypnosis

Kyurem @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power
- Draco Meteor

Zeraora @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Volt Absorb
Jolly Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Volt Switch
- Close Combat
- Knock Off

Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Flamethrower
- Psychic
- Bug Buzz

Dragapult @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Infiltrator
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Phantom Force
- Dragon Darts
- Sucker Punch

this team is with choice specs blizzard kyurem which is the highlight on it, but lets kick it off with landorus-t, as it is one of the best suicide leads in the tier and it can lay down entry hazards in forme of stealth rocks. with swords dance + explosion it is able to pressure a lot of defoggers. ninetales alola is the aurora veil setter and has icy rock to extent kyurems turns with blizzard, so kyurem is enabled to hit as hard as possible over a long period of time. the other pokemon are zeraora with the physical pivot set and knock off longaide close combat, plasma fist, and volt switch to pressure teams. volcarona is a dangerous setup sweeper with quiver dance and 3 attacks. dragapult round up the team and is a dragon dance-user with weakness policy and phantom force, dragon darts, and sucker punch, as the last move gives it some forme of priority and therefore pressures opposing pokemon further.

Team B by Tapeworm

A Long Walk One Windy Afternoon:
My best Kyurem team sadly took a big hit after Cinderace's ban, and while I'm still experimenting with restoring it post-ban, it was still just a standard FuturePort BO squad just featuring Kyurem and SpecyEleki which is fun but a bit stale to share. Instead, I'm gonna submit this Kyurem Stall focused on stacking hazards with Scarm and Hippo and spamming Whirlwind to rack up chip. Haze Pex supports vs set-up breakers and Knock support for Boots removal, Heal Bell Bliss supports as cleric (though Protect was, and still can be used to support vs FuturePort spam) and Toxic to catch Birds unaffected by Spikes. Zapdos is hazard control and 1v1 support vs mons unaffected by Spikes and/or Toxic such as Corv and Ferro who Kyu doesn't like facing. Kyu is here as offensive support vs opposing fat and snacks on ground down cores after the long-term wear. I'm not the best Stall builder in the world, I generally prefer to build and play more offensively, but this squad's done me fair and they cover for eachother quite well. They also don't look too ugly together either, surprisingly.
Hippowdon (F) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Atk / 244 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind
- Slack Off

Skarmory (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Spikes
- Body Press

Toxapex (F) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 148 Def / 112 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Knock Off
- Haze
- Recover

Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Heal Bell
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss

Zapdos @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 220 Def / 40 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Discharge
- Heat Wave

Kyurem @ Metronome
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power
- Roost
- Substitute
Team C by Lando-San
A lil' help to my boy Excadrill ft Specs Kyurem

:ss/excadrill: :ss/hippowdon: :ss/slowbro: :ss/corviknight: :ss/tapu koko: :ss/kyurem:

I'm a big sand player, and also I was looking for a breaker for my team to help Excadrill to sweep late-game and it was like "oh, Kyurem breaks a lot of Excadrill answers with its Specs sets, why not giving it a chance?". So, the team starts with a classic core of Excadrill and SpDef Hippowdon as a Heatran and Tapu Koko check, then as Water-type resist, Slowbro with FuturePort to bring in Kyurem as much as possible against Grass-types; after that, the team was weak to Lele and Garchomp, so, I decided to add a mixed defense Corviknight, with enough SpDef just to tank Specs Lele's Focus Blast and the rest dumped in defense to tackle Rillaboom. Koko was added as a mean of lure in Grass-types and Ground-types for Kyurem while also providing a speedy threat to deal with Tornadus-T, Latios, Kartana, to not rely that much in Excadrill in sand to revenge killing things, and giving me terrain control to prevent Rillaboom going bonkers. Also Koko serves to weaken certain mons like Landorus-T and to take out every bird in OU, which is great news for Excadrill even if it is packing Rock Slide.
The team is a bit weak to DD Pult, i'm sure Hippo's spread can be tailored to survive a Dragon Darts and Whirlwind it out.

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind

Slowbro @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Future Sight
- Teleport

Corviknight (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 140 Def / 116 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn
- Brave Bird

Tapu Koko @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- U-turn
- Roost

Kyurem @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Freeze-Dry
- Draco Meteor
- Focus Blast
Team D by ashwins72
kyurem + heatran bo

Team E by BlameTheBlax
COVID Vaccine how I Kyurem

Sub + Roost is probably the only Kyurem set I've had success with, I guess those Specs aren't my prescription. Seeing as how the primary concern for that 'mon is Blissey, the immediate go-to in my mind was Superpower Nidoking. These two provide a lot of immediate breaking power, so my next concerns were about creating a generally strong foundation to go against the current OU meta. After a couple of iterations, I found that I really did enjoy Magnezone + Rillaboom, with Zone trapping Steel types, it also takes a lot of pressure off Kyurem and Nidoking to beat things like Melmetal and Ferrothorn. I then wanted a defensive backbone to fit my playstyle, Mandibuzz is obviously still extremely strong with Dragapult and Rillaboom in the meta, and Slowbro is just great as a pivot with Teleport. Future Sight is definitely an unplanned facet of this that works well, with being able to Teleport into Rillaboom, then U-turn into Zone to trap the Steel that takes the Future Sight and Grass STAB.
Team F by Nahomitsoa
Kyurem@Weakness Policy.
:ss/kyurem: :ss/heatran: :ss/tapu koko: :ss/ferrothorn: :ss/regieleki: :ss/blissey:
Kyurem @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Freeze-Dry
- Icicle Spear
- Earth Power

Heatran (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Overheat

Tapu Koko @ Light Clay
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- U-turn
- Thunderbolt

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Thunder Wave

Regieleki @ Magnet
Ability: Transistor
EVs: 252 SpA / 180 SpD / 76 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Rising Voltage
- Rapid Spin
- Ancient Power

Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Wish
- Seismic Toss
- Aromatherapy

Here, kyurem is played with a set which at a glance might seem to be normal, but this set is played with the Weakness Policy which totally surprises the opponent who generally thinks of the classic set with the SubRoost.
Tapu Koko is mainly there to lay the Screens to facilitate the placement of Kyurem and allow the WP to activate properly. Here I allowed myself not to have a defoger for the simple reason that Regieleki could very well take advantage of the Electric Surge of Tapu Koko, Rapid Spin and which in return brings the switch'in of the latter which in return is managed by Kyurem.
Heatran is there to calm the Steel Types who would like to take advantage of it.
Ferrothorn as a Stealth Rock setter and Blissey as a Wish Passer, a Special Wall and to heal Kyurem from potential toxics or Burns.
However, it would first be necessary to get rid of Kyurem Checks before attempting to place it and so as not to waste its object which is for single use.
Team G by Abhisdn417 and DKM
Hey there :afrostar:

This team is brought to you by da bois ( DKM and I )

Droppin' Dracos with da bois

:kyurem::heatran::dragapult::slowking::mandibuzz::landorus-therian:

Hello. This team was built around the dragon spam core of Kyurem and Dragapult. Because these two are commonly walled by pokemon like Blissey and Tyranitar we chose Heatran, this is because it is well known for its ability to cripple its defensive switch ins like Slowking and Tyranitar or Trap and KO Blissey. This greatly opens up a cleaning opportunity by either Kyurem or Dragapult. Slowking is there for bringing in Kyurem safely as it can often be useful for it and help with pokemon such as Heatran, Tapu Lele and Nidoking. Mandibuzz acts as a ghost resist and Defog user on the team. It also helps check Pokemon like Kartana, Rillaboom and Excadrill. Landorus-T is the teams Stealth Rock user and pivot and check to Garchomp, Excadrill and Zeraora. The team performs pretty good in our experience hopefully you'll like it too!​
Team H by Groudon ex
KyuRain Offense

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Kyurem @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast

Barraskewda @ Choice Band
Ability: Swift Swim
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Close Combat
- Psychic Fangs
- Flip Turn

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Scale Shot
- Earthquake
- Aqua Tail

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
A pretty standard rain offense team for the most part, but with an unconventional member in Specs Kyurem. Its powerful Freeze Dry blows through bulky Waters and Grasses that often cause rain teams trouble such as Toxapex, the Slowtwins, Gastrodon, Swampert, Rotom-W, Tangrowth and Rillaboom, while also putting a lot of pressure on enemy Ferrothorn. Kyurem has great offensive synergy with Barraskewda, which can Flip Turn out of the things that can withstand its blows, pretty much all of which are threatened by Kyurem. Furthermore, Kyurem provides valuable resistances to Water, Grass and Electric, and is reasonable bulky even without investment. NP Taunt Tornadus-T is the main stallbreaker of the team, and can act as an additional offensive check to Rillaboom alongside Kyurem (Rillaboom is perhaps the biggest threat to rain teams overall, so being prepared is definitely good). Garchomp is an ever useful Ground immunity and secondary win-con, utilising SD and rain-boosted Aqua Tails to severely weaken or KO physical tanks such as Corviknight, Skarmory, Mandibuzz and Zapdos, which can pave the way for a lategame Barraskewda clean up. Finally, Ferrothorn rounds off the team by providing a plethora of useful resistances and Stealth Rock support.
Team I by 658Greninja
View attachment 321276View attachment 321277View attachment 321278View attachment 321279View attachment 321280View attachment 321283
Scarf Kyurem + Zone BO

Scarf Kyurem is underrated imo, being able to check a plethora of strong offensive threats while still having solid bulk and kill power. Scarf Kyu is not as good as it’s standard sets but it does it’s job well. I found out that Zone is an amazing partner for this set as it traps problematic mons like the steel birbs and Ferro. Also traps choice locked Melm while warding off Koko. Hence, why I wanted to build a team around the core.

Team building process

View attachment 321276View attachment 321277View attachment 321278
So firstly after building the Scarf Kyu + Zone core, I needed a check for Tran, and something to switch into Pult/Hydrei/Weavile etc, so I went with Fini. CM Fini absolutely appreciates the removal of one of it’s biggest checks, thus letting it clean lategame more frequently. It does cut dmg on Kyu’s Draco, but your mostly gonna spam it’s ice STAB anyways so it’s not as big of a drawback.

View attachment 321276View attachment 321277View attachment 321278View attachment 321279
I needed a strong breaker that adores the support coming from these three mons and I found Kart to be the best option for me. It loves Kyu pressuring the birbs, it likes Zone trapping Corv/Skarm, and appreciates Fini providing Misty Terrain for it, letting it freely setup on bulky waters and Twave Ferro.

View attachment 321276View attachment 321277View attachment 321278View attachment 321279View attachment 321280View attachment 321283
Now I needed a solid defensive backbone to scave off some threats. I needed both a rocker and a defogger, so I went with Lando which can handle Koko/Zera, and stuff like Victini. I also wanted something that can lure in Corv, so Lando was the most appropriate for the job. Even if Corv U-Turns instead of defogging my rocks away, I still get to keep up offensive pressure against my opponent. As for my defogger I had to change my defogger a couple times to get as many good mus as possible.

View attachment 321291
When I first initially built this team I went with Mandi as my defogger since it had a great mu vs Pult and Aegi.

View attachment 321292
However I was having problems dealing with NP Torn since I have nothing that can safely pivot into it so I went with Zapdos since I already have a check in Fini for Pult. It hitway harder and had the benefit of giving the team a better mu vs Lucha.

View attachment 321294
I came to the conclusion of Corv since I realized that the mu vs Kyurem, Lele, and SD Lando was not good. My solution was to utilize SpD Corv which also let me tank a +2 Focus Blast from Torn and pivot into Scarf Kyurem safely. I placed Iron Head over it’s over options cause CM Clef gave this team I problem. Since I already had Kart/Kyurem/Lando for Rilla and Drill respectively, I didn’t really need BB or Bory Press. It’s a bit redundant to have three steels at the same team, but dealing with Kyurem was way too important.

Kyurem @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Ice Beam
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 Def / 116 SpA / 140 Spe
Bold Nature
- Iron Defense
- Body Press
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 68 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Surf
- Draining Kiss
- Taunt

Kartana @ Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Synthesis

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Toxic

Corviknight @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Iron Head
- U-turn

You have 2 days to vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)