Project SS OU Teambuilding Competition - Not hosted anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fc

Waiting for something to happen?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a defending SCL Champion
Ubers Leader
Dragonite + Weavile Hazard Stacking Bulky Offense
:dragonite: :weavile: :clefable: :skarmory: :hippowdon: :tapu-koko:
Built this team recently and it's been working pretty well for me, the main idea is to have an overwhelming physical set up core combined with hazards to slowly win with either SD Weavile or DD Dnite. I wanted to build around that core first, and went with the standard set up boots sets for both. Then I added a Clefable, covering for the Dragapult weakness as well as giving an early rocks setter, as well as more item displacement to remove boots for Dragonite and Weavile. Skarmory gave the team Spikes, which greatly improves the breaking power of things with Knock spam early on, and it covers for most threatening physical mons. At this point I needed a ground, and went to Hippowdon as a bulky phazer that could take on all the electrics like koko, zera, and zolt which were super dangerous to the rest of the team. It also covered for stuff like Heatran and Volcarona when paired with Dragonite which wants to play more offensively, and it soft checks pult and other special mons in tandem with Clefable which may get overloaded, so I think it's a good phazer for a hazard stacking team. Last mon added was Tapu Koko, giving the team a higher speed tier than opposing Weavile and a good way to revenge things like Urshifu-R, Kyurem, etc as well as being a special mon that helps threaten Corviknight which annoys the first few breakers unless it gets chipped and Weavile can break early with Triple Axel.

Here are some replays with the team in action:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1355338529-x0bb7jxccgvo2obvw247r439d7fm424pw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1355341735-w9glazq4gar4gse24tmh10lfyemcbgupw

Katy

Banned deucer.
Tricky the Sticky Barb Clefable + Swords Dance Weavile and Choice Specs Dragapult Bulky Offense

:clefable: :corviknight: :weavile: :dragapult: :slowking-galar: :landorus-therian:
Clefable @ Sticky Barb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder
- Trick

Corviknight @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Weavile @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Triple Axel
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Flamethrower

Slowking-Galar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 176 SpA / 80 SpD
Calm Nature
- Future Sight
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower
- Scald

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Toxic

this teams built around sd weavile and trick clefable with sticky barb to lure in volcarona and it can also dispose (swap) the items with pokemon such as slowking and corviknight where it can take advantage of this, as it is able to either gain heavy-duty boots or leftovers which benefits clefable in the long run. corviknight is the defogger and runs rocky helmet to chip down u-turners other pokemon with contact moves such as dragonite, rillaboom, and kartana. weavile and dragapult are a scary core and are able to presurre many teams due to their hard hitting and spamable stabs and great coverage in dragapults case. galarian slowking helps to check heatran and volcarona and is also able to help against opposing clefable. moreover it checks tapu koko, tapu lele, and tapu fini, all of which can be annoying to the team and puts pressure on them. landorus-therian helps reliving pressure of from corviknight with checking dragonite but also it can help against zeraora, tapu koko, and scizor.​

Last edited:

Changing Seasons:
Volc based BO that utilises Banded Low Kick Weav and Trick Scarf Fini to each directly and indirectly threaten and remove Volc's checks. Ferro is a direct check to opposing Fini and Koko while also being capable of stomaching Shadow Balls and Dracos, it offers Spikes support which is good vs fat and a lot of the commonly unprepared teams. Zap offers Defog support and a direct check to Corv and Skarm, being able to force them out without without risking Volc, it also has enough SpA for certain variants of Pex to accomplish the same in those situations. Lando is Rock setter, primary Ground immunity, Electric immunity, pivot support, and generally has good defensive synergy with the rest. There's some room for flexibility on this team, Defog > CM on Fini is possible so you have double Defog support for Weav which can be nice, I personally like CM to help with the Volc and fat match-up more but it's definitely something I'd have liked in some matches when I didn't have it so I feel like it's worth mentioning. Something like Pert or Chomp over Lando are options to offer a more consistent check to Tran (particularly offensive variants which are threatening) and a secondary soft-check to Volc who is also threatening, I really really dislike forcing Zap to be my only Ground immunity though so I'd really advise just making Lando SpD at most if those two are extremely threatening, but it has been brought up as a concern before so again also gonna just leave that option here. It takes some getting used to, but I'm enjoying this one a lot right now. It's also really colourful and has a lovely theme to it.
EVs: 196 HP / 168 Def / 144 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Spikes

Zapdos @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 48 SpA / 20 SpD / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Discharge
- Heat Wave / Hurricane

Princess Minty (Volcarona) (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Flamethrower
- Psychic

Weavile (F) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Triple Axel
- Knock Off
- Low Kick

Tapu Fini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Hydro Pump
- Trick
- Calm Mind / Defog

Last edited:
Snowpoint City? Nah, Sandpoint City

kinda just tossed together a sand team haphazardly, realized i was sitting on a gold mine of potential, and ran a bunch of ladder tests to try and optimize a piss poor team composition. ttar/bro work as your defensive core, they also work extremely well together to mess up pelipper on rain teams, which can give this kind of team trouble. excadrill is basically second nature paired with a ttar, and while i originally messed around with fire coverage on godzilla, i instead folded and added the trapper variant of zone. while toxic/teleport fit that fourth slot on zone much better, sub feels more optimal when it comes to killing ferrothorns. also investing into max speed because the people who run slightly faster corvs are opps. pult/weav is a standard choiced offensive core, absolutely insane damage and generally good at breaking teams for excadrill or each other.

also a bonus team i don't wanna bother testing but i'm sure someone can find use for

Last edited:
:weavile: :kartana::toxapex::dragonite::magnezone: :landorus-therian: <-- click sprites for the paste

this has some clear weaknesses like getting devoured by cm lele which removes the entire defensive core (and clearly being speed built for a friendly...), and uncoincidentally kyurem; which is usually fixed with offensive pressure of scarf kart. i find this very fun to play guided by a good gameplan and mandating offensive and defensive matchups alike, zone removes some of weavile's best checks such as defensive scizor, steel birds and pex which are rising in usage. i enjoy itemless pex right now to defensively deal with opposing weavile and 2 atks dnite.

:weavile: :tapu fini: :slowking-galar: :ferrothorn: :hippowdon: :hydreigon:
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Triple Axel
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard

Tapu Fini @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Trick
- Defog

EVs: 248 HP / 180 Def / 56 SpA / 24 SpD
Calm Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Future Sight
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Atk / 248 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Toxic

Hydreigon @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 184 HP / 76 SpA / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Roost

A really nice simple Weavile hazard stacking team with Choice Scarf Tapu Fini and Galarian Slowking. Hydreigon and Choice Scarf Tapu Fini with duel hazard support are able to to break through and wear down majority of Weavile’s switch-ins for it to be able to sweep later on games. Galarian Slowking makes breaking opposing teams a lot easier for Weavile thanks to Future Sight and has a dope spread to tank an Earthquake from defensive Landorus-T with no hazards up and OHKO with Ice Beam. Ferrothorn was chosen over Skarmoy as the Spike setter instead of Skarmory since this team struggled with Tapu Koko and such and is still able to punish Urshifu-R and remove items so Boots users be taking hazards constantly throughout the match.

Last edited:
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Triple Axel
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard

Tapu Fini @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Trick
- Defog

Calm Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Future Sight
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Hydreigon @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Roost

A really nice simple Weavile hazard stacking team with Choice Scarf Tapu Fini and Galarian Slowking. Hydreigon and Choice Scarf Tapu Fini with duel hazard support are able to to break through and wear down majority of Weavile’s switch-ins for it to be able to sweep later on games. Galarian Slowking makes breaking opposing teams a lot easier for Weavile thanks to Future Sight and has a dope spread to tank an Earthquake from defensive Landorus-T with no hazards up and OHKO with Ice Beam. Ferrothorn was chosen over Skarmoy as the Spike setter instead of Skarmory since this team struggled with Tapu Koko and such and is still able to punish Urshifu-R and remove items so Boots users be taking hazards constantly throughout the match.
the hippo has 2 stealth rocks instead of rocks and slack off, it's pretty obvious what is supposed to be but fyi

Gomi

yep
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Submission times over, onto voting :weavile:

Reminder: the voting system used is the Ranked Pairs format (the same as CAP uses). To vote you basically order your options like this: C>B>A>D, like this A>B=C>D, or like this D>C, assuming there are 4 team options (A, B, C, and D). If you choose not to vote for all teams, the last team(s) will be assumed to be last and valued equally if more than one got left out. Additionally, don't vote for your own submission. If you have any questions, by all means, contact me.

Remember that you can vote for as many teams as u want as well

Team A by Fc
Dragonite + Weavile Hazard Stacking Bulky Offense
:dragonite: :weavile: :clefable: :skarmory: :hippowdon: :tapu-koko:
Built this team recently and it's been working pretty well for me, the main idea is to have an overwhelming physical set up core combined with hazards to slowly win with either SD Weavile or DD Dnite. I wanted to build around that core first, and went with the standard set up boots sets for both. Then I added a Clefable, covering for the Dragapult weakness as well as giving an early rocks setter, as well as more item displacement to remove boots for Dragonite and Weavile. Skarmory gave the team Spikes, which greatly improves the breaking power of things with Knock spam early on, and it covers for most threatening physical mons. At this point I needed a ground, and went to Hippowdon as a bulky phazer that could take on all the electrics like koko, zera, and zolt which were super dangerous to the rest of the team. It also covered for stuff like Heatran and Volcarona when paired with Dragonite which wants to play more offensively, and it soft checks pult and other special mons in tandem with Clefable which may get overloaded, so I think it's a good phazer for a hazard stacking team. Last mon added was Tapu Koko, giving the team a higher speed tier than opposing Weavile and a good way to revenge things like Urshifu-R, Kyurem, etc as well as being a special mon that helps threaten Corviknight which annoys the first few breakers unless it gets chipped and Weavile can break early with Triple Axel.

Here are some replays with the team in action:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1355338529-x0bb7jxccgvo2obvw247r439d7fm424pw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1355341735-w9glazq4gar4gse24tmh10lfyemcbgupw
Team B by Katy

Tricky the Sticky Barb Clefable + Swords Dance Weavile and Choice Specs Dragapult Bulky Offense

:clefable: :corviknight: :weavile: :dragapult: :slowking-galar: :landorus-therian:
Clefable @ Sticky Barb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder
- Trick

Corviknight @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Triple Axel
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Flamethrower

EVs: 252 HP / 176 SpA / 80 SpD
Calm Nature
- Future Sight
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower
- Scald

EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Toxic

this teams built around sd weavile and trick clefable with sticky barb to lure in volcarona and it can also dispose (swap) the items with pokemon such as slowking and corviknight where it can take advantage of this, as it is able to either gain heavy-duty boots or leftovers which benefits clefable in the long run. corviknight is the defogger and runs rocky helmet to chip down u-turners other pokemon with contact moves such as dragonite, rillaboom, and kartana. weavile and dragapult are a scary core and are able to presurre many teams due to their hard hitting and spamable stabs and great coverage in dragapults case. galarian slowking helps to check heatran and volcarona and is also able to help against opposing clefable. moreover it checks tapu koko, tapu lele, and tapu fini, all of which can be annoying to the team and puts pressure on them. landorus-therian helps reliving pressure of from corviknight with checking dragonite but also it can help against zeraora, tapu koko, and scizor.​
Team C by Tapeworm

Changing Seasons:
Volc based BO that utilises Banded Low Kick Weav and Trick Scarf Fini to each directly and indirectly threaten and remove Volc's checks. Ferro is a direct check to opposing Fini and Koko while also being capable of stomaching Shadow Balls and Dracos, it offers Spikes support which is good vs fat and a lot of the commonly unprepared teams. Zap offers Defog support and a direct check to Corv and Skarm, being able to force them out without without risking Volc, it also has enough SpA for certain variants of Pex to accomplish the same in those situations. Lando is Rock setter, primary Ground immunity, Electric immunity, pivot support, and generally has good defensive synergy with the rest. There's some room for flexibility on this team, Defog > CM on Fini is possible so you have double Defog support for Weav which can be nice, I personally like CM to help with the Volc and fat match-up more but it's definitely something I'd have liked in some matches when I didn't have it so I feel like it's worth mentioning. Something like Pert or Chomp over Lando are options to offer a more consistent check to Tran (particularly offensive variants which are threatening) and a secondary soft-check to Volc who is also threatening, I really really dislike forcing Zap to be my only Ground immunity though so I'd really advise just making Lando SpD at most if those two are extremely threatening, but it has been brought up as a concern before so again also gonna just leave that option here. It takes some getting used to, but I'm enjoying this one a lot right now. It's also really colourful and has a lovely theme to it.
EVs: 196 HP / 168 Def / 144 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Spikes

Zapdos @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 48 SpA / 20 SpD / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Discharge
- Heat Wave / Hurricane

Princess Minty (Volcarona) (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Flamethrower
- Psychic

Weavile (F) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Triple Axel
- Knock Off
- Low Kick

Tapu Fini @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Hydro Pump
- Trick
- Calm Mind / Defog
Team D by BlameTheBlax

Snowpoint City? Nah, Sandpoint City

kinda just tossed together a sand team haphazardly, realized i was sitting on a gold mine of potential, and ran a bunch of ladder tests to try and optimize a piss poor team composition. ttar/bro work as your defensive core, they also work extremely well together to mess up pelipper on rain teams, which can give this kind of team trouble. excadrill is basically second nature paired with a ttar, and while i originally messed around with fire coverage on godzilla, i instead folded and added the trapper variant of zone. while toxic/teleport fit that fourth slot on zone much better, sub feels more optimal when it comes to killing ferrothorns. also investing into max speed because the people who run slightly faster corvs are opps. pult/weav is a standard choiced offensive core, absolutely insane damage and generally good at breaking teams for excadrill or each other.

also a bonus team i don't wanna bother testing but i'm sure someone can find use for
Team E by Ox the Fox

:Landorus-Therian: :Weavile: :Slowbro: :Kartana: :Dragapult: :Heatran:
https://pokepast.es/2ee39609d8aac851

Another really fun and quick paced team centered around breakers + future sight. Band lando-t + kart will do most of the breaking early on and then I will typically clean with weavile. Be aware that kartana lacks smart strike so vs CM clef teams you really have to keep the pressure up and bluff the fact you have smart strike.
Team F by t045t3r

:weavile: :kartana::toxapex::dragonite::magnezone: :landorus-therian: <-- click sprites for the paste

this has some clear weaknesses like getting devoured by cm lele which removes the entire defensive core (and clearly being speed built for a friendly...), and uncoincidentally kyurem; which is usually fixed with offensive pressure of scarf kart. i find this very fun to play guided by a good gameplan and mandating offensive and defensive matchups alike, zone removes some of weavile's best checks such as defensive scizor, steel birds and pex which are rising in usage. i enjoy itemless pex right now to defensively deal with opposing weavile and 2 atks dnite.
Team G by sagdiyev

https://pokepast.es/61e77ed26dfcbf25

Weavile general offense team which uses e belt pult over specs. SD over CB makes a better wallbreaker/cleaner. Zera can lure and cripple grounds with toxic and knock off scarves and stuff.

Team dies a horrible death to Scarf Tana and Kyurem though so I think I’ll work on it more privately after this week
Team H by Tysonslayer
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Triple Axel
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard

Tapu Fini @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Trick
- Defog

Calm Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Future Sight
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Toxic

Hydreigon @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Roost

U've got 2 days to vote

Last edited:

airfare

is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OUPL Champion
SORRY for being a day late gomi sucks

Thanks for voting this week! Weavile's phase is over, here are your votes:
e = a > b > h = c > g > d
H > F > A > B > C > D > G
C > D > F > G=B > E > H > A
E > A > C > F > B > H > D > G
E>B>F>C>A>H>D>G.
H>B>C>E>A>F>D>G
After entering the votes here, the winner for this week is Tapeworm! Congrats, your submission will be added to the archive.

Week 37: Tapu Koko

Tapu Koko has seen lots of use in WCOP recently due to both its classic pivot set and its renewed Calm Mind set. Its unmatched ability to outlast Ground-types, revenge kill, and offer needed defensive utility vs Tornadus-T and Dark-types make it a great pivot and lategame cleaner in OU!

You have until Monday to submit teams built around Tapu Koko.​

SORRY for being a day late gomi sucks

Thanks for voting this week! Weavile's phase is over, here are your votes:
e = a > b > h = c > g > d
H > F > A > B > C > D > G
E > A > C > F > B > H > D > G
E>B>F>C>A>H>D>G.
H>B>C>E>A>F>D>G
After entering the votes here, the winner for this week is Tapeworm! Congrats, your submission will be added to the archive.

Week 37: Tapu Koko

Tapu Koko has seen lots of use in WCOP recently due to both its classic pivot set and its renewed Calm Mind set. Its unmatched ability to outlast Ground-types, revenge kill, and offer needed defensive utility vs Tornadus-T and Dark-types make it a great pivot and lategame cleaner in OU!

You have until Monday to submit teams built around Tapu Koko.​
As much as I want to claim this win, I think there's been a mistake with the results. I think you included one guy's vote in the total twice and that skewed the results slightly. Working with the results using the same calculator I get the winners as B and E this week.
E=A>B>H=C>G>D
H>F>A>B>C>D>G
E>A>C>F>B>H>D>G
C>D>F>G=B>E>H>A
E>B>F>C>A>H>D>G
H>B>C>E>A>F>D>G

My team's still fucking good and you should use it, but it didn't win the week.

airfare

is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OUPL Champion
We actually had a 3-way tie between teams B, C, and E... sorry about that - basically you can't input all of the votes as I pasted there because it makes people who have both submitted teams and are voting, while not including their own team in the vote, vote their team as last.

This hasn't ever happened before, so I asked Gomi, a totally unbiased judge, which was their favorite!!

1624034995247.png

Congrats Ox the Fox (and sorry for the mixup Tapeworm), your team will be added to the archive. Don't forget you have until Monday to submit Tapu Koko teams!

Katy

Banned deucer.
Bark Bark Imma Shark; Sharpedo and Seismitoad Rain Offense with Tapu Koko and Hawlucha-dore!
:ferrothorn: :pelipper: :seismitoad: :tapu Koko: :hawlucha: :sharpedo:
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- U-turn
- Defog

Seismitoad @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Substitute

Tapu Koko @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- U-turn
- Roost

Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 132 SpD / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Sharpedo @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Close Combat
- Protect

This is a rain team with Tapu Koko and Hawlucha as partners, as Hawlucha benefits from Unburden and Electric Seed, whereas Seismitoad benefits from Pelippers Drizzle to being able to clean up in the lategame. Ferrothorn is the entry hazard setter with the ability to check Kartana, Rillaboom, and Zeraora, alongside opposing Tapu Koko. Sharpedo can also act as a lategame cleaner thanks to its Speed Boost ability and its great coverage, it can also come in once on Dragapults Shadow Ball and uses Protect and get a Speed Boost and Crunch afterwards due to its higehr speed tier.
In overall this team profits from defensive backbones alongside offensive presence, and Sharpedo alongside Hawlucha are a fun core to use!​

KokoTini VoltTurn
:tapu-koko: :victini: :ferrothorn: :slowking: :buzzwole: :hydreigon:

I have wanted to build with the KokoTini core for a while now as they have some incredible breaking potential, momentum gaining abilities and incredible defensive utility, and that is excatly what they do in this team as spamming U-Turn is so free and sometimes just clicking the big V Create button takes kills. Ferrothorn and Slowking are the defnsive backbone of the team, Ferro provides crucial spikes so that trying to switch around Koko and Victini hurts even more while removing those annoying items and Slowking is the CEO of momentum which helps to reset the match on our favor. Buzzwole takes on Garchomp and Lando that trouble the rest of the team while being incredibly grateful to hit the field with all of the pivot support (even more with F Sight). And since Dragapult is fast af Hydreigon is here just to revenge kill it while also being a speed control faster than Zeraora, it also has U-Turn and you can't never have enough U-Turn on your life and lets be honest...Who needs defog when you have boots?!

https://pokepast.es/736df0c86d81ad74

Zeno420

Banned deucer.
Cm Koko+Zone
:Tapu Koko: :Magnezone: :Clefable: :Garchomp: :Corviknight: :Dragapult:
click on sprite for paste^

After seeing my buddy SpookyZ bring a version of this cm koko team in wcup, I decided to make a version of my own. The whole idea is to provide support for cm koko so it can sweep late game with ease. Ferrothorn and glowking are by far the hardest checks against this set. So having magnezone as support for ferro was a must. SD chomp along with modest specs pult can pressure glowking a lot in late game situations. Zone focuses much more on physdef rather than spattack as metal birds are really no threat to this team. Fire fang chomp is also great at getting rid of unsuspecting scizors and zwole after enough chip. Corv as the defogger and spdef trick clef to soft check oppposing pult and kyurem. With this team it is perfectly ok if you trick your barb onto an opposing AV glowking. Although the focus is on cm koko, sd garchomp and specs pult can also easily win games if koko does wear down opposing clef/checks to a certain degree. This team has good MUs vs most teams but it does struggle vs Urshifu, modest specs Kyurem, and RillaZone.​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)