my swamp (Quagsire) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Toxic

So the mon of the hour is Scizor, and Flash Fire Heatran is an easy switch into its biggest weakness: Fire types. Toxapex is an obvious staple of any OU stall team worth its salt, standard bulky Water type that also likes to spread Toxic Spikes to compliment Heatran's Stealth Rock and be a nice Fairy resist. While Scizor and Heatran are nice Psychic resists, I figured the team should have a Dark type to soak up any Future Sights and whatnot coming for Pex. The team also needed hazard removal to support Heatran some more and a Ground resist/immunity.

Thus, Mandibuzz. Specially defensive so that Psychic types don't get greedy and think they can knock it out with a Focus Miss or something. Taunt is a nice utility move as well. However, the team had no real way of dealing with status, and Heatran's only recovery was Leftovers. Blissey seemed a good fit, even for the mons with good recovery, Wish bringing them back to full health as they switch in is really useful, as is Heal Bell. Finally, my team lacked a proper Electric-type answer, which sucked as both Toxapex and Mandibuzz are Electric-weak. I also figured that setup sweepers needed a counter other than Haze. Enter Quagsire (Gastrodon may also be a valid solution, although you lose Unaware, I haven't tried it). The Grass weakness is pretty irrelevant in practice because it's not too common a coverage type and three of my mons resist it.

I don't expect to win or anything, but I had fun building this team and think it's fun to play with.

Metal Coat Swords Dance Scizor and Nasty Ploy Hydreigon VoltTurn
:scizor: :Hydreigon: :Tapu koko: :slowking: :landorus-therian: :corviknight:

Scizor @ Metal Coat
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 48 Atk / 40 Def / 172 SpD
Adamant Nature
IVs: 29 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power
- Roost

Tapu Koko @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- U-turn
- Roost

Slowking @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Scald
- Future Sight
- Teleport
- Slack Off

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Corviknight @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Pressure
Relaxed Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

The team as a whole focuses around grabbing lots of momentum in bringing the teammates safely and matching into favorable matchups applying constant pressure and can even make for some aggressive plays if you are into that. Scizor with Metal Coat can deal favorable rolls against CM Clef and Sub Kyurem and can even become a great wincon in very late game especially against HO. The ev spread lets Scizor take Ice moves from modest Specs Kyurem after rocks, while the defense helps for eating Earthquakes from Defensive Lando-T, but honestly with the structure of the team you can invest defense into attack for more damage output. Hydreigon compliments well with the amount of times it can be brought in safely and can break through teams setting up the late wincon for Scizor to spam Bullet Punch. Tapu Koko is able to pressure the annoying fat water types for Scizor and is able to switch into Tornadus-T and Zapos with it's access to Roost. Slowking works nice here with being able to switch into Tapu Lele and Heatran with Future Sight causing pressure and aiding with the wallbreaking potential for it's allies, and works well for this build in bringing teammates in safely with slow Teleports. Landorus-T and Corviknight complete the team providing a hazard setter and removal while being an amazing defensive pair covering for each other weaknesses. Rocky Helmet was chosen here for Corviknight being able to punish the plethora of U-Turn users and offensive threats it's supposed to check, while being able to heal itself with Roost rather than Landorus-T. You can play around with the evs on Scizor if you decide to run Knock Off > U-Turn like adding some speed, but for this build I preferred U-Turn for that nice momentum grabbing team constantly grabbing momentum.

Last edited:
Scizor, the Ultimate Weapon
1617082780918.png

Hey all! This is my second team submission in this thread(and its very trash because I didn't have anyone rate it beforehand), and this time its focusing around the now-popular Stalwart Severing Scissors, Scizor! It had been rising in popularity recently, the Specially Defensive set came with it. This set in particular is the one I will be showcasing with this team today, and it is a great check to many of the current metagame's current threats. A few examples are Choice Specs Kyurem and Tapu Lele, Rillaboom, Latios, etc.

With Swords Dance and dual STABs, it can be an offensive threat in its own right, though its STABs may be easily walled by the likes of Corviknight and Toxapex, and the lack of a Life Orb and Attack EV investment leaves much to be desired. Returning to its strengths, it has access to an excellent slow U-turn to let other allies enter the fray, and powerful priority to pulverize faster offensive threats. Though it would have enjoyed using Knock Off on its checks and counters, I thought that using U-Turn would add on to the team's U-turn spam more.

And with the star of the show finished with its spotlight, its best to shed some of that light to the party that support and accompany Scizor. Starting with...
(Please note that the team description will be ordered differently than in the Pokepaste)

1617084438267.png
...Tapu Koko! I think that it was an important addition as it is a fast pivot that help deal with the Pokemon that Scizor struggle with, like Toxapex, Corviknight, Tornadus-T, Pelipper, and Mandibuzz. I also considered Choice Specs for the wonderful breaking power, but I prefer having Roost and move switching.

1617087767604.png
The monarch with miserable memory loss Teleports into the 3rd team member slot, with a couple qualities to help the team out. It obviously has the FuturePort combo, and it also has the important role of checking Heatran, a Pokemon that Scizor and Tapu Koko could not handle, though Slowking itself can struggle against Heatran's trapping capabilities. [
/SPOILER]

1617108976892.png
To mitigate this Heatran weakness, albeit very slightly, is the powerful Ground breaker Nidoking. It can reap the benefits of Slowking's FuturePort and hit hard.

1617109687075.png
Terrakion was an odd choice on this team, but I like it because it acts as my Stealth Rocker (because Rocks Nidoking was created by a guy who throws his boogers at other people) and fast Fighting type breaker with a near-perfect STAB combo and Swords Dance that appreciates Future Sight.

1617110187530.png
The standard defensive Mandibuzz set with U-turn. There's not much to say here.

Thanks a lot for reading, and I apologize for the really long intro about Scizor. (like man the team isn't even good why did I put effort into writing this)

https://pokepast.es/a3d84c9104acc524

Scizor @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 224 SpD
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Roost

Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- U-turn
- Roost

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Future Sight
- Teleport

Mandibuzz (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 144 SpD / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn

Nidoking (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower
- Substitute

airfare

is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OUPL Champion
trap scizor setup spam
s/o Skypenguin for building w me <3
:landorus-therian::weavile::primarina::kommo-o::scizor::zeraora:

Instead of the more common specially defensive Scizor variants in the meta right now, I chose to build with a Sand Tomb trapping set, aiming to trap Toxapex primarily for multiple win conditions in the rest of my team. I chose Throat Spray Clangorous Soul Kommo-o as the primary wallbreaker here because of its potential in this metagame. Modest Nature gives it rolls to 2HKO physically defensive Clefable at +2; it can hit other defensive walls hard with its STAB and coverage and can shred offensive teams extremely easily. Especially when its Defense is boosted, it is difficult to revenge kill by most common faster offensive threats or priority due to its great defensive typing. Primarina is an especially potent win condition in this metagame - it has strengths over Tapu Fini because of the absence of Misty Surge, which is unnecessary when using Substitute and even weakens Kommo-o's Dragon-types moves. Substitute also makes it much more difficult to revenge kill than Tapu Fini, and it cannot be pivoted around in the same way into a revenge killer to be forced out. Primarina can also be used as a wallbreaker, especially when using Moonblast over Draining Kiss, because of its high Special Attack stat and solid coverage in its STABs. Next, Sand Tomb Technician-boosted Scizor was chosen to trap Toxapex, a shared check between every offensive threat on this team. In addition to serving as an effective lure and trapper, Scizor can serve as an offensive demon when invested into Attack and holding a Life Orb. It often serves as a great late-game win condition because of its powerful priority and defensive typing, letting it set up on Steel and Fairy-types. Scizor is also a good Fairy-type check against setup sweepers like Calm Mind Clefable or Tapu Fini that would otherwise run through this team. I added Weavile next for its ability to pressure Slowking and revenge kill faster threats like Kartana, Garchomp, and Hawlucha. It also benefits from Scizor's trapping of Toxapex and can help the team break through other defensive Water or Steel-types. Landorus-T was chosen next for its Ground-type immunity, access to Stealth Rock, and ability to pivot to other members of the team while soft checking physical attackers like Garchomp or Sand Rush Excadrill. Lastly, Bulk Up Zeraora is used here as another late-game win condition that can help pressure Toxapex and other defensive Water or Steel-types for a prospective win by Weavile, Scizor, or Primarina.

This team has been one of the most fun offenses I've built since the start of DLC 2 because of its fast pace and varied offensive Pokemon providing for many possible winning routes. The synergy between all of the offensive threats here is often enough to crumble most defensive teams, especially when aided by Scizor's trapping, while double priority + Kommo-o provides an amazing matchup vs any offensive builds as well.

Ruft

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Leader
Alright, it's time to vote!

Reminder: the voting system used is the Ranked Pairs format (the same as CAP uses). To vote you basically order your options like this: C>B>A>D, like this A>B=C>D, or like this D>C, assuming there are 4 team options (A, B, C, and D). If you choose not to vote for all teams, the last team(s) will be assumed to be last and valued equally if more than one got left out. Additionally, don't vote for your own submission. If you have any questions, by all means, contact me.

Team A by Katy
Swords Dance Scizor VoltTurn with Choice Scarf Kartana

:garchomp: :scizor: :rotom-wash: :dragapult: :tornadus-therian: :kartana:
Garchomp @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

Scizor @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Roost

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 44 SpD / 208 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

Dragapult @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hex
- U-turn
- Thunder Wave

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- U-turn
- Defog

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Sacred Sword
- Knock Off
this team is built around to get in scizor as safe as possible with the help of garchomp setting up stealth rocks and moreover dragapult helping out with status and hex. garchomp can check electric-types such as zeraora and tapu koko, whereas scizor can check kyurem for it. rotom-wash is an amazing pivot and in combination with dragapult and tornadus-t a great and effective voltturn team. tornadus-t checks grass-types such as rillaboom and kartana. focus blast is there to hit heatran, whereas kartana is a strong wallbreaker with the choice scarf set and a strong knock off alongside its great dual-stab.
Team B by Agentkeval
Scizor Balance
Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Unseen Fist
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Aqua Jet
- Close Combat
- U-turn

Scizor @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 12 Def / 244 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Roost

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover
- Haze

Blissey (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Natural Cure
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Stealth Rock
- Teleport
- Soft-Boiled

Tornadus-Therian @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Defog

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

This team revolves around scizor and urshifu chipping mons by pivoting out and slowly breaking down popular cores and offensive teams. Teams that abuse Lando-T, Kyurem, Nidoking, and Heatran all fall to this U turn core, for on the switch in either scizor or urshifu u turn out to one of the breakers on the team. Teams that also rely on defensive cores die to this heavy hitting offensive core. Blissey and toxapex are mainly to cover scizors fire type weakness (special and physical), and tornadus is aimed to cripple defensive mons as well as defog.
Team C by merchantmahogany
Scizor Stall I threw together. Enjoy!

:ss/heatran: :ss/toxapex: :ss/blissey: :ss/scizor: :ss/mandibuzz: :ss/quagsire:

what (Heatran) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

are (Toxapex) @ Black Sludge
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze
- Recover
- Scald

you (Blissey) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Natural Cure
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Seismic Toss

doing (Scizor) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Roost
- U-turn

in (Mandibuzz) (F) @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Foul Play
- Taunt

my swamp (Quagsire) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Toxic

So the mon of the hour is Scizor, and Flash Fire Heatran is an easy switch into its biggest weakness: Fire types. Toxapex is an obvious staple of any OU stall team worth its salt, standard bulky Water type that also likes to spread Toxic Spikes to compliment Heatran's Stealth Rock and be a nice Fairy resist. While Scizor and Heatran are nice Psychic resists, I figured the team should have a Dark type to soak up any Future Sights and whatnot coming for Pex. The team also needed hazard removal to support Heatran some more and a Ground resist/immunity.

Thus, Mandibuzz. Specially defensive so that Psychic types don't get greedy and think they can knock it out with a Focus Miss or something. Taunt is a nice utility move as well. However, the team had no real way of dealing with status, and Heatran's only recovery was Leftovers. Blissey seemed a good fit, even for the mons with good recovery, Wish bringing them back to full health as they switch in is really useful, as is Heal Bell. Finally, my team lacked a proper Electric-type answer, which sucked as both Toxapex and Mandibuzz are Electric-weak. I also figured that setup sweepers needed a counter other than Haze. Enter Quagsire (Gastrodon may also be a valid solution, although you lose Unaware, I haven't tried it). The Grass weakness is pretty irrelevant in practice because it's not too common a coverage type and three of my mons resist it.

I don't expect to win or anything, but I had fun building this team and think it's fun to play with.
Team D by Tysonslayer
Metal Coat Swords Dance Scizor and Nasty Ploy Hydreigon VoltTurn
:scizor: :Hydreigon: :Tapu koko: :slowking: :landorus-therian: :corviknight:

Scizor @ Metal Coat
EVs: 248 HP / 48 Atk / 40 Def / 172 SpD
Adamant Nature
IVs: 29 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power
- Roost

Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- U-turn
- Roost

Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Future Sight
- Teleport
- Slack Off

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Corviknight @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Pressure
Relaxed Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

The team as a whole focuses around grabbing lots of momentum in bringing the teammates safely and matching into favorable matchups applying constant pressure and can even make for some aggressive plays if you are into that. Scizor with Metal Coat can deal favorable rolls against CM Clef and Sub Kyurem and can even become a great wincon in very late game especially against HO. The ev spread lets Scizor take Ice moves from modest Specs Kyurem after rocks, while the defense helps for eating Earthquakes from Defensive Lando-T, but honestly with the structure of the team you can invest defense into attack for more damage output. Hydreigon compliments well with the amount of times it can be brought in safely and can break through teams setting up the late wincon for Scizor to spam Bullet Punch. Tapu Koko is able to pressure the annoying fat water types for Scizor and is able to switch into Tornadus-T and Zapos with it's access to Roost. Slowking works nice here with being able to switch into Tapu Lele and Heatran with Future Sight causing pressure and aiding with the wallbreaking potential for it's allies, and works well for this build in bringing teammates in safely with slow Teleports. Landorus-T and Corviknight complete the team providing a hazard setter and removal while being an amazing defensive pair covering for each other weaknesses. Rocky Helmet was chosen here for Corviknight being able to punish the plethora of U-Turn users and offensive threats it's supposed to check, while being able to heal itself with Roost rather than Landorus-T. You can play around with the evs on Scizor if you decide to run Knock Off > U-Turn like adding some speed, but for this build I preferred U-Turn for that nice momentum grabbing team constantly grabbing momentum.

Team E by oliVes
Scizor, the Ultimate WeaponView attachment 327616

Hey all! This is my second team submission in this thread(and its very trash because I didn't have anyone rate it beforehand), and this time its focusing around the now-popular Stalwart Severing Scissors, Scizor! It had been rising in popularity recently, the Specially Defensive set came with it. This set in particular is the one I will be showcasing with this team today, and it is a great check to many of the current metagame's current threats. A few examples are Choice Specs Kyurem and Tapu Lele, Rillaboom, Latios, etc.

With Swords Dance and dual STABs, it can be an offensive threat in its own right, though its STABs may be easily walled by the likes of Corviknight and Toxapex, and the lack of a Life Orb and Attack EV investment leaves much to be desired. Returning to its strengths, it has access to an excellent slow U-turn to let other allies enter the fray, and powerful priority to pulverize faster offensive threats. Though it would have enjoyed using Knock Off on its checks and counters, I thought that using U-Turn would add on to the team's U-turn spam more.

And with the star of the show finished with its spotlight, its best to shed some of that light to the party that support and accompany Scizor. Starting with...
(Please note that the team description will be ordered differently than in the Pokepaste)

View attachment 327618 ...Tapu Koko! I think that it was an important addition as it is a fast pivot that help deal with the Pokemon that Scizor struggle with, like Toxapex, Corviknight, Tornadus-T, Pelipper, and Mandibuzz. I also considered Choice Specs for the wonderful breaking power, but I prefer having Roost and move switching.

View attachment 327620 The monarch with miserable memory loss Teleports into the 3rd team member slot, with a couple qualities to help the team out. It obviously has the FuturePort combo, and it also has the important role of checking Heatran, a Pokemon that Scizor and Tapu Koko could not handle, though Slowking itself can struggle against Heatran's trapping capabilities. [
/SPOILER]

View attachment 327646 To mitigate this Heatran weakness, albeit very slightly, is the powerful Ground breaker Nidoking. It can reap the benefits of Slowking's FuturePort and hit hard.

View attachment 327649 Terrakion was an odd choice on this team, but I like it because it acts as my Stealth Rocker (because Rocks Nidoking was created by a guy who throws his boogers at other people) and fast Fighting type breaker with a near-perfect STAB combo and Swords Dance that appreciates Future Sight.

View attachment 327650 The standard defensive Mandibuzz set with U-turn. There's not much to say here.

Thanks a lot for reading, and I apologize for the really long intro about Scizor. (like man the team isn't even good why did I put effort into writing this)

https://pokepast.es/a3d84c9104acc524

Scizor @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 224 SpD
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Roost

Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- U-turn
- Roost

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Future Sight
- Teleport

Mandibuzz (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 144 SpD / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn

Nidoking (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower
- Substitute
Team F by airfare
trap scizor setup spam
s/o Skypenguin for building w me <3
:landorus-therian::weavile::primarina::kommo-o::scizor::zeraora:

Instead of the more common specially defensive Scizor variants in the meta right now, I chose to build with a Sand Tomb trapping set, aiming to trap Toxapex primarily for multiple win conditions in the rest of my team. I chose Throat Spray Clangorous Soul Kommo-o as the primary wallbreaker here because of its potential in this metagame. Modest Nature gives it rolls to 2HKO physically defensive Clefable at +2; it can hit other defensive walls hard with its STAB and coverage and can shred offensive teams extremely easily. Especially when its Defense is boosted, it is difficult to revenge kill by most common faster offensive threats or priority due to its great defensive typing. Primarina is an especially potent win condition in this metagame - it has strengths over Tapu Fini because of the absence of Misty Surge, which is unnecessary when using Substitute and even weakens Kommo-o's Dragon-types moves. Substitute also makes it much more difficult to revenge kill than Tapu Fini, and it cannot be pivoted around in the same way into a revenge killer to be forced out. Primarina can also be used as a wallbreaker, especially when using Moonblast over Draining Kiss, because of its high Special Attack stat and solid coverage in its STABs. Next, Sand Tomb Technician-boosted Scizor was chosen to trap Toxapex, a shared check between every offensive threat on this team. In addition to serving as an effective lure and trapper, Scizor can serve as an offensive demon when invested into Attack and holding a Life Orb. It often serves as a great late-game win condition because of its powerful priority and defensive typing, letting it set up on Steel and Fairy-types. Scizor is also a good Fairy-type check against setup sweepers like Calm Mind Clefable or Tapu Fini that would otherwise run through this team. I added Weavile next for its ability to pressure Slowking and revenge kill faster threats like Kartana, Garchomp, and Hawlucha. It also benefits from Scizor's trapping of Toxapex and can help the team break through other defensive Water or Steel-types. Landorus-T was chosen next for its Ground-type immunity, access to Stealth Rock, and ability to pivot to other members of the team while soft checking physical attackers like Garchomp or Sand Rush Excadrill. Lastly, Bulk Up Zeraora is used here as another late-game win condition that can help pressure Toxapex and other defensive Water or Steel-types for a prospective win by Weavile, Scizor, or Primarina.

This team has been one of the most fun offenses I've built since the start of DLC 2 because of its fast pace and varied offensive Pokemon providing for many possible winning routes. The synergy between all of the offensive threats here is often enough to crumble most defensive teams, especially when aided by Scizor's trapping, while double priority + Kommo-o provides an amazing matchup vs any offensive builds as well.
You have 2 days to vote.

Ruft

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Leader
The voting phase is over and these are the votes:
F>D>A>B=C=E
F>A>D>C>B=E
A>D>F>B=C=E
If we input this here, the winner is team F by airfare!
Congratulations! Your submission will be added to the archive.

Week 29: Tapu Lele

Tapu Lele is one of the most devastating wallbreakers around, both when equipped with Choice Specs or when using a Calm Mind set. It can be a potent cleaner and revenge killer when it's holding a Choice Scarf too. You have one week to submit a team featuring Tapu Lele. Good luck!​

Katy

Banned deucer.
Psychic Seed Lucha and Expanding Force Zam with Terrain Extender Tapu Lele

:landorus-therian: :tapu lele: :hawlucha: :alakazam: :garchomp: :volcarona:
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion

Tapu Lele @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Nature's Madness

Hawlucha @ Psychic Seed
Ability: Unburden
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Close Combat
- Taunt

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 28 Def / 228 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Expanding Force
- Focus Blast
- Recover

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Scale Shot

Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Flamethrower
- Psychic
- Bug Buzz
landorus-t sets rocks for this team and enables therefore, that the opposing team gets weakened, this is the usual suicide lead set with explosion and earthquake. tapu lele has terrain extender, to help not only hawlucha out with psychic seed activation, moreover it helps out alakazam to dish out strong terrain-boosted expanding forces. garchomp und volcarona are 2 more highly dangerous setup sweepers with their swords dance and quiver dance sets respectively. in overall terrain extender helps hawlucha and alakazam out; alakazam profits from it, due to its frailness, where psychic terrain protects it from strong priority attacks in ice shard and sucker punch coming at its way.​

So, I do believe this is my first upload in this thread. I wanted to post a Scizor team but, alas, I was a day late

Regardless, here is the Lele team I came up with!!!!!

Lele-Magnezone Double Terrain Bulky Offense

The idea of this team is to utilize the fabled breaking power of Specs Lele, perhaps the best set available for this week's mon, and allow it to wreack havoc on fat and slower mons. Since Lele is so overwhelmingly strong, we want to use it to punch holes in enemy teams and make Stall cry. There are a few mons that can take hits from Lele, however, more comfortably than others, and these are mostly of the Steel type variation. Due to this, we are packing a Magnezone! To avoid having to click Focus Blast more than we need to, as well as avoid overpacking Choiced mons in the team, we run the Iron Defense variant capable of taking on Ferrothorn as well as the usual Zone targets. This also gives you a meatier Zone for a defensive use.

Next, we need to avoid being punished for using Lele. Since most mons that punish Lele are uber fast cleaners and pivots, we run mons to punish these mons for their endeavors. Mandibuzz addresses enemy #1, Dragapult, and gives us a slow pivot and Defogger, as well as a Ground immunity and Rillaboom check. Tanchomp gives us an answer to Heatran, a Rock setter, extra bulk on the team, and punishes U-Turn spammers like Scarf Lando, pivot Koko, and mons like Zeraora, Scarf Kartana, etc.

With the most prevalent Lele offensive answers checked, we will double down on Magnezone's trapping abilities. Since Magnezone's premier bro is Rillaboom, we will run Rillaboom! To go all in on Rilla's Terrain, we will lastly pack a Scarftana to do some Grass spamming. This also aids in breaking Zapdos down, since it will get overwhelmed by these two and deleted by Lele. Rilla runs the SD set to allow us to run a Scarf Kartana for cleanning without needing to run many Choiced mons. This also lets Rilla overwhelm mons after an SD due to Magnezone's trapping role, since you will be clicking non-Glide moves less once Skarmory, Corviknight, and others leave the game.

I hope you all enjoy this team!

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
:Garchomp::Tapu Lele::Corviknight::Blissey::Heatran::Dragapult:

tl;dr = lure Blissey/Tyranitar with Body Press MagmaTrapper Tran -> Specs Psychic goes brrrr

Chomp is there for SR, checking Heatran, Electric immunity, and being a great physical tank and punisher in a metagame filled with Bisharp, Zeraora, and U-turn.

Corviknight is there to soft-check Dark types with defense pumped, but also it is great for Rillaboom, Excadrill, and other Ground types while controlling the hazard game.

Blissey is a specially defensive wall and pivot, taking advantage of the prevalence of Pokemon like Dragapult. Thunder Wave over Toxic is good if you anticipate Calm Mind Clefable.

Heatran is the main supporter to Specs Dragapult and Specs Lele, luring Blissey and Tyranitar with Magma Storm -> Body Press. You only need to 3HKO the former and 2HKO the latter usually, too, so you can still function like the normal Magma trapper set EV wise, too, which helps against WispHexDarts Dragapult variants, too.

Dragapult is the the speed control on this team that ties it together; it fits better than Zeraora and Tapu Koko while also benefitting from the aforementioned support.

And Lele is the focus, so yea. You can go Psyshock or Thunderbolt, but I like having the additional Corviknight and Slowking pressure when the team relies a lot on non-boots Dragapult right now for them.

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
:Corviknight: :Toxapex: :Garchomp: :Landorus-Therian: :Zeraora: :Tapu Lele:

Just the random team I use when I wanna kill some time. Since Lele is the one on the teambuilding, why not just add this one even tho it sucks. Anyway, here's the details on how I built the team

Lele was the one I built this team around using specs set because its fun. Far too easy to just click psychic even with steel types on the enemy team. I went with modest nature because why not. Nidoking is very rare anyway so I might as well take advantage of the added power. Timid is probably better but that's just my personal preference

Corviknight was added to handle Garchomp and Rillaboom. I really hate how Garchomp can exploit common mons like Ferrothorn because of fire fang and I refuse to use Mandibuzz so, metal bird. Body press is the move of choice so I can get rid of the ever irritating Weavile and Bisharp

Specially defensive Toxapex to somewhat handle Dragapult because ghost is annoying and Toxapex is annoying in general. Shed shell is the item because I keep forgetting the spread I use on my next mon

Here's the fun one I'm using, specially defensive Landorus Therian to somewhat handle Volcarona because boots is FUCKING BROKEN. You can't change my mind on that. I never really like my rock setter on an offensive mon unless I'm using Garchomp, which I don't really like to be an offensive sr setter right now. Specially defensive Lando allows it to somewhat switch in against Heatran and Volcarona and kill them both with the moves of choice. Rock slide is chosen over stone edge since I'm only gonna use it against one mon anyway

I wanted some speed control so I chose Zeraora to outspeed that Dragapult. Knock off and toxic to make it annoying. I went with special attacking Zera because these stupid iron defense Corviknights are getting on my nerves so fuck them, including my own Corviknight

Lastly, I still needed a mon that could clean up that wasn't a scarfer because I'm only comfortable with scarf Kartana and I haven't used it enough in this meta to be comfortable with it. So, good ol Garchomp. Leftovers over life orb because the recoil is annoying and fire fang over stone edge because the only one I'm gonna hit with se is Mandibuzz, which two of my other team members can delete out of existence

Ruft

OU Leader
It's time to vote!

Reminder: the voting system used is the Ranked Pairs format (the same as CAP uses). To vote you basically order your options like this: C>B>A>D, like this A>B=C>D, or like this D>C, assuming there are 4 team options (A, B, C, and D). If you choose not to vote for all teams, the last team(s) will be assumed to be last and valued equally if more than one got left out. Additionally, don't vote for your own submission. If you have any questions, by all means, contact me.

Team A by Katy
Psychic Seed Lucha and Expanding Force Zam with Terrain Extender Tapu Lele

:landorus-therian: :tapu lele: :hawlucha: :alakazam: :garchomp: :volcarona:
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion

Tapu Lele @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Nature's Madness

Hawlucha @ Psychic Seed
Ability: Unburden
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Close Combat
- Taunt

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 28 Def / 228 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Expanding Force
- Focus Blast
- Recover

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Scale Shot

Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Flamethrower
- Psychic
- Bug Buzz
landorus-t sets rocks for this team and enables therefore, that the opposing team gets weakened, this is the usual suicide lead set with explosion and earthquake. tapu lele has terrain extender, to help not only hawlucha out with psychic seed activation, moreover it helps out alakazam to dish out strong terrain-boosted expanding forces. garchomp und volcarona are 2 more highly dangerous setup sweepers with their swords dance and quiver dance sets respectively. in overall terrain extender helps hawlucha and alakazam out; alakazam profits from it, due to its frailness, where psychic terrain protects it from strong priority attacks in ice shard and sucker punch coming at its way.​
Team B by lycan2500
So, I do believe this is my first upload in this thread. I wanted to post a Scizor team but, alas, I was a day late

Regardless, here is the Lele team I came up with!!!!!

Lele-Magnezone Double Terrain Bulky Offense

The idea of this team is to utilize the fabled breaking power of Specs Lele, perhaps the best set available for this week's mon, and allow it to wreack havoc on fat and slower mons. Since Lele is so overwhelmingly strong, we want to use it to punch holes in enemy teams and make Stall cry. There are a few mons that can take hits from Lele, however, more comfortably than others, and these are mostly of the Steel type variation. Due to this, we are packing a Magnezone! To avoid having to click Focus Blast more than we need to, as well as avoid overpacking Choiced mons in the team, we run the Iron Defense variant capable of taking on Ferrothorn as well as the usual Zone targets. This also gives you a meatier Zone for a defensive use.

Next, we need to avoid being punished for using Lele. Since most mons that punish Lele are uber fast cleaners and pivots, we run mons to punish these mons for their endeavors. Mandibuzz addresses enemy #1, Dragapult, and gives us a slow pivot and Defogger, as well as a Ground immunity and Rillaboom check. Tanchomp gives us an answer to Heatran, a Rock setter, extra bulk on the team, and punishes U-Turn spammers like Scarf Lando, pivot Koko, and mons like Zeraora, Scarf Kartana, etc.

With the most prevalent Lele offensive answers checked, we will double down on Magnezone's trapping abilities. Since Magnezone's premier bro is Rillaboom, we will run Rillaboom! To go all in on Rilla's Terrain, we will lastly pack a Scarftana to do some Grass spamming. This also aids in breaking Zapdos down, since it will get overwhelmed by these two and deleted by Lele. Rilla runs the SD set to allow us to run a Scarf Kartana for cleanning without needing to run many Choiced mons. This also lets Rilla overwhelm mons after an SD due to Magnezone's trapping role, since you will be clicking non-Glide moves less once Skarmory, Corviknight, and others leave the game.

I hope you all enjoy this team!
Team C by Finchinator
:Garchomp::Tapu Lele::Corviknight::Blissey::Heatran::Dragapult:

tl;dr = lure Blissey/Tyranitar with Body Press MagmaTrapper Tran -> Specs Psychic goes brrrr

Chomp is there for SR, checking Heatran, Electric immunity, and being a great physical tank and punisher in a metagame filled with Bisharp, Zeraora, and U-turn.

Corviknight is there to soft-check Dark types with defense pumped, but also it is great for Rillaboom, Excadrill, and other Ground types while controlling the hazard game.

Blissey is a specially defensive wall and pivot, taking advantage of the prevalence of Pokemon like Dragapult. Thunder Wave over Toxic is good if you anticipate Calm Mind Clefable.

Heatran is the main supporter to Specs Dragapult and Specs Lele, luring Blissey and Tyranitar with Magma Storm -> Body Press. You only need to 3HKO the former and 2HKO the latter usually, too, so you can still function like the normal Magma trapper set EV wise, too, which helps against WispHexDarts Dragapult variants, too.

Dragapult is the the speed control on this team that ties it together; it fits better than Zeraora and Tapu Koko while also benefitting from the aforementioned support.

And Lele is the focus, so yea. You can go Psyshock or Thunderbolt, but I like having the additional Corviknight and Slowking pressure when the team relies a lot on non-boots Dragapult right now for them.
Team D by ForstamemasNeetaroOoniqua
:Corviknight: :Toxapex: :Garchomp: :Landorus-Therian: :Zeraora: :Tapu Lele:

Just the random team I use when I wanna kill some time. Since Lele is the one on the teambuilding, why not just add this one even tho it sucks. Anyway, here's the details on how I built the team

Lele was the one I built this team around using specs set because its fun. Far too easy to just click psychic even with steel types on the enemy team. I went with modest nature because why not. Nidoking is very rare anyway so I might as well take advantage of the added power. Timid is probably better but that's just my personal preference

Corviknight was added to handle Garchomp and Rillaboom. I really hate how Garchomp can exploit common mons like Ferrothorn because of fire fang and I refuse to use Mandibuzz so, metal bird. Body press is the move of choice so I can get rid of the ever irritating Weavile and Bisharp

Specially defensive Toxapex to somewhat handle Dragapult because ghost is annoying and Toxapex is annoying in general. Shed shell is the item because I keep forgetting the spread I use on my next mon

Here's the fun one I'm using, specially defensive Landorus Therian to somewhat handle Volcarona because boots is FUCKING BROKEN. You can't change my mind on that. I never really like my rock setter on an offensive mon unless I'm using Garchomp, which I don't really like to be an offensive sr setter right now. Specially defensive Lando allows it to somewhat switch in against Heatran and Volcarona and kill them both with the moves of choice. Rock slide is chosen over stone edge since I'm only gonna use it against one mon anyway

I wanted some speed control so I chose Zeraora to outspeed that Dragapult. Knock off and toxic to make it annoying. I went with special attacking Zera because these stupid iron defense Corviknights are getting on my nerves so fuck them, including my own Corviknight

Lastly, I still needed a mon that could clean up that wasn't a scarfer because I'm only comfortable with scarf Kartana and I haven't used it enough in this meta to be comfortable with it. So, good ol Garchomp. Leftovers over life orb because the recoil is annoying and fire fang over stone edge because the only one I'm gonna hit with se is Mandibuzz, which two of my other team members can delete out of existence
You have 2 days to vote.

A > C > B > D

I'll admit that I had a really hard time choosing between Team A and Team C for my 1st place vote. I ended up going with Team A since it has a very effective HO core, and LO Expanding Force Alakazam is ridiculously fun to use. Teams C is perhaps a bit more solid overall, although fairly standard aside from the interesting Heatran lure set. Both of these teams are definitely worth trying out on the ladder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)