Project SS OU Teambuilding Competition - Not hosted anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruft

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Leader
Alright, the voting phase is over! These are the votes:
L>J>H>D>F>C>E>A>B=G=I=K
H>G>L>J>D>F>K>C>E>B>I>A
H>K>J>E>F>G>D>A>B>C>I>L
E>A=B=C=D=F=G=H=I=J=K=L
D>A=B=C=E=F=G=H=I=J=K=L
L>H>J>E>A>C>B=D=F=G=I=K
J>G>H>L>K>D>I>E>C>B>A>F
J>A=B=C=D=E=F=G=H=I=K=L
J>A=B=C=D=E=F=G=H=I=K=L
J>L>H>F>E>A=B=C=D=G=I=K
If we input this here, the resulting winner is team J by Egor. Congratulations! Your submission will be added to the archive soon.

Week 2: Zeraora
Zeraora.png

This week you'll be building around Zeraora. You have until next Monday to post your teams. Good luck!​

:zeraora: :ferrothorn: :clefable: :hydreigon: :corviknight: :excadrill:

Zeraora @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Plasma Fists
- Knock Off
- Close Combat

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Power Whip
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Bulk Up
- Roost
- Taunt

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

This team started off with a standard core of BU Zeraora and Ferrothorn to kill off checks such as Hippowdon and Seismitoad. The core of Ferrothorn + Clefable also provides hazard support for Zeraora and can switch into eachothers checks (with the exception of Pokemon such as Rotom-H.) NP Hydreigon can break through any team and use its teammates to check its offensive counterplays such as Dragapult and opposing Zeraora. BU Corviknight is used instead of Defog as a late-game cleaner and is a check to Pokemon such as Excadrill and Clefable. Finally, Choice Scarf Excadrill is the hazard control and speed control of the team and can surprise Zeraora by switching into Plasma Fists and outspeeding and killing it back with EQ.

Last edited:

Katy

Banned deucer.
Zeraora Aurora Veil Hyper Offense

:ninetales-alola: :zeraora: :bisharp: :excadrill: :gengar: :hawlucha:

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/2396304c286ad0f6

Description: standard hyper offense build with alola ninetales and excadrill as leads to support the team immediately. alola ninetales has aurora veil, freeze-dry, encore and hail. last slot is a countermeasure to opposing weather builds like tyranitar/hippowdon sand and torkoal sun as well as rain.
encore to lock opposing mons into their moves like wish, aromatherpy or in a setup move like swords dance. zeraora has the life orb + bulk up with its stab plasma fist and the usual coverage options in close combat and knock off, which hits a lot of pokémon in the current metagame super effective (bisharp, hydreigon, gengar, dragapult) so it has the breaking capabilities. bisharp has the standard-set with iron head, knock off and sucker punch and can act like a dangerous pokémon with the mind-games sucker punch forces. excadrill is the other lead-option with earthquake as its stab, which hits all rotom-forms and it has rapid-spin to help the team out and keep opposing hazards off the field and toxic to inflict long-term damage and its own stealth rock to for chip damage. gengar has nasty plot + 3 attacks, which are: shadow ball, sludge wave and thunderbolt, the latter of these is a way to hit mandibuzz, corviknight and toxapex harder. hawlucha has the usual set with swords dance + 3 attacks and power herb to get off the sky attack + unburden boost instantly, close combat is his secondary stab and acrobatics is the other primary stab option. basically the team is meant to break fast through opposing teams and have fast paced games.

Goldenbois:
HO with lead Terrak to fuck up Exca leads and get offensive pressure going from turn 1. Sigi and Bish as primary breakers to smoke threats and walls that get in the way of Aegi and Lucha like Pex, Corviknight, Ferro, Clef, Pult, other Aegis, etc. Sigi's running Gleam over Roost because Roost sucks and Mandibuzz and Hydra are things while Bish also has the benefit of punishing teams foolish enough to think that Sticky Web is a good idea. Zeraora is speed control and additional offensive support for my breakers, being able to cover pretty much the same things as they do to some degree or another. Not running Bulk Up because it sucks and having as much coverage as possible is more important imo. Aegi and Lucha mop up the mess that's left. That's all cool, but the most important thing is that this team is very aesthetically pleasing and is therefore a good team.
Terrakion @ Focus Sash
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Bulldoze

Sigilyph @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Heat Wave
- Dazzling Gleam

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Zeraora @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Grass Knot

Aegislash @ Air Balloon
Ability: Stance Change
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance

Hawlucha @ Power Herb
Ability: Unburden
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Sky Attack
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance

Last edited:

zbr

less than 99% acc = never hit
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Zeraora @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Plasma Fists
- Thunder Wave
- Play Rough

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock

Dragapult @ Spell Tag
Ability: Clear Body
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- U-turn
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Corviknight @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 176 SpD / 80 Spe
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn

Rotom-Heat @ Ring Target
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpDef / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Trick
- Nasty Plot
older team that used bulk up zera + defensive gastro/corvi core to pivot around and give zera / draga breathing space. ring target heattom is there because i wanted to remove ground type issues with opp teams and i rlly wanted to test the efficacy of ring target in early post home meta. clef having rocks means i cant use wishtele with protect and so softboiled cm seemed a better answer. toad might sound better in theory but this team likes their mons to hold their own weight instead of soft checking everything with clef + toad. draga and zera acts as pseudo speed control esp since zera has spicy twave. i might be insane but i had fun with this team

Double Trick Combo ft. Bulk Up Zeraora
:bronzong: :clefable: :togekiss: :zeraora: :hippowdon: :gastrodon:
Bronzong @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 SpD
Impish Nature
- Trick
- Stealth Rock
- Body Press
- Heavy Slam

Clefable @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 HP / 200 SpA / 56 SpD
Modest Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Trick

Togekiss @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Serene Grace
Calm Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Air Slash
- Flamethrower

Zeraora @ Expert Belt
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Plasma Fists
- Knock Off
- Close Combat

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 236 HP / 20 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
EVs: 212 HP / 88 Def / 208 SpD
Calm Nature
- Earth Power
- Amnesia
- Clear Smog
- Recover
:ss/bronzong:
Choice Banded Bronzong hits fairy types super hard, and Trick cripples potential switch-ins or stay-ins such as Hippowdon, Seismitoad, Toxapex that trying to take hits or setup hazards. It also act as the rare Kyurem hard-check, as it can tank every hits that Specs Kyurem throws to it and revenge kill it. Addition of Stealth Rocks for entry hazard.

:ss/clefable:
Choice Scarf Clefable with Trick take advantage of unsuspected checks such as steel types(Corviknight, Ferrothorn) as displayed in this replay Turn 1. 200 Attack ev is to ensure certain kills and significant damage:

200+ SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Conkeldurr: 372-438 (105.9 - 124.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
200+ SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Dracovish: 314-372 (97.8 - 115.8%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
200+ SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Zeraora: 159-187 (50.1 - 58.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

:ss/togekiss:
This is the defogger and used as Specs Dragapult check due to the different role that Clefable has right now.

:ss/zeraora:
Bulk Up Zeraora is cool, with STAB Plasma Fists, Knock Off and Close Combat, with Expert Belt is chosen for psuedo-Life Orb damage while preventing HP losses. This is crucial in certain cases, an example would be this replay during Turn 5.

:ss/hippowdon:
The Stealth Rocker of the team, act as a mixed wall to deal with, mainly LO Zeraora, Choiced Hydreigon and Specs Dragapult.

:ss/gastrodon:
My favourite Gastrodon set so far with the optimum ev spread to deal with Zeraora(the same Gastrodon set I used in my RMT), clear smog makes bulky/setup sweeper such as Rotom H/W, Kommo-o, Clefable or Hydreigon cry. Amnesia makes it 1v1 metronome Mantine or Shadow Ball spamming Dragapult, while Earth Power makes it deal with Cinderace/Zeraora better.

Last edited:

mind gaming

is a defending SCL Championis a Past SCL Champion
World Defender
Zeraora Balance
:ss/Zeraora: :ss/Sigilyph: :ss/Snorlax: :ss/Corviknight: :ss/Dragapult: :ss/Kommo-o:

Sigilyph can beat most of the mons that can wall Zeraora like Seismitoad, Hippowdown and Kommo-o.
Snorlax can take care of Dragapult, Clefable, Kyurem and can sweep most of the Balance Teams over time.
Corviknight is the Defogger of the Team as well as the Excadrill counter.
Dragapult can beat Keldeo and some Rotom sets Snorlax can't deal with and also Chip the opponents Team or lure Clef.
Kommo-o is the Stealth Rocker of the Team and the counter for Cinderace and Aegislash.​

Built this today so why not sharing it :

https://pokepast.es/daedf4bce5e23068

To explain shortly : started with Zeraora using Blaze Kick over CC to hit grass like ferro/ rotom-mow and jira while CC doesn't help here, and iron tail to hit clefable / sylveon / kyurem. There are not many mons that can come into this except seismi/kommo so i wanted to take advantage of this with sub NP Toge. Snorlax is the only thing that can come into kyurem specs AND dragapult without taking too much. Seismi is a water resist that can help against rotom heat/zeraora and many other mons like Dracovish. Rest is used because seismi will be crucial against rain team and keldeo to come on a choice locker - force other move. Corsola is here to help against exca and terrak. Conk is here to remove EH while scaring ferro /seismi to put it on the field (enough speed for seismi).

Last edited:

Scarfire

is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
cobalion-2.pngexcadrill-2.pngdragapult-2.pngkyurem-2.pngzeraora.pngmandibuzz.png

I basically wanted to go all out with HO and I chose volt-turn as I am not a fan of webs/screens/hazard spam this gen with how easily Corviknight defogs away. My rocker of choice was Coballion because I wanted a rocker that could also prevent bisharp from running my team into the ground, and keep up the volt switch momentum. I hated putting shed shell on it despite the volt-switch but after testing it felt quite necessary. Excadrill is both a clef answer, a spinner, a sweeper (and a software zera check w/chople berry). He works great here and I really liked him on the team. Zera and Kyu are our breakers on the team, and the best in the tier. Scarf pult is the best revenge killer in the metagame imo, so having him as backup was great. The speed spread is just enough to outpace venu in sun. Mandibuzz as our last, it is not an offensive mon but having a ghost switch in to stop opposing dragapults from getting out of hand is great to keep, as well as a ground immunity and another momentum mon w/uturn. With rapid spin already there on drill it is possible to put knock/toxic/taunt over defog on mandi, should you like. I've even tested iron defence, lol. Also, on Zeraora knock off could be a better choice if you feel the team is struggling with ghosts. =]

Specs Chandelure + BU Zeraora Balance
:ss/chandelure: :ss/zeraora: :ss/clefable: :ss/seismitoad: :ss/corviknight: :ss/hydreigon:

When Zeraora dropped into the metagame I was quick to find out how insane it really is. This team started off with Specs Chandelure, one of the most underrated wallbreakers in the tier because its a Ghost that doesn't care about Mandibuzz at all. I then added CorvClef in there since theres no reason not to right now. I wanted to use taunt Kommo-o but I know how much the ladder loves Dracovish so I picked Seismitoad over it. Seismitoad checks a opposing BU Zeraora and Rotom-H. Now this was when I added Zeraora. When I was laddering I was surprised how fast Chandelure drains on Kommo-o and Seismitoad's health for Zeraora to go nuts. Wisp Dragapult was the last slot originally but the opposing Zeraora match up (especially Grass Knot variants) was way too shaky. I went with Hydreigon instead because it can revenge kill it while being able to cripple CM Clefable with Thunder Wave which is nice for this team.

ithrowrocksatkids

Banned deucer.
:ss/chandelure: :ss/zeraora: :ss/clefable: :ss/seismitoad: :ss/corviknight: :ss/hydreigon:

When Zeraora dropped into the metagame I was quick to find out how insane it really is. This team started off with Specs Chandelure, one of the most underrated wallbreakers in the tier because its a Ghost that doesn't care about Mandibuzz at all. I then added CorvClef in there since theres no reason not to right now. I wanted to use taunt Kommo-o but I know how much the ladder loves Dracovish so I picked Seismitoad over it. Seismitoad checks a opposing BU Zeraora and Rotom-H. Now this was when I added Zeraora. When I was laddering I was surprised how fast Chandelure drains on Kommo-o and Seismitoad's health for Zeraora to go nuts. Wisp Dragapult was the last slot originally but the opposing Zeraora match up (especially Grass Knot variants) was way too shaky. I went with Hydreigon instead because it can revenge kill it while being able to cripple CM Clefable with Thunder Wave which is nice for this team.
Isn’t this blarghs team

mamoswine.jpg aegislash-blade.jpghawlucha.jpgmimikyu.jpgzeraora.jpgkommo-o.jpg

I wanted to make a hyper offense team with zeraora but not with the conventional lead. I choose oblivious mamoswine because its is one of the few leads than cannot be taunted and can beat opposing excadrill leads. endeavor allows it to pressure corviknight the primary defogger in the tier. I choose the specific aegislash set because zeraora can be a hassle to deal with depending on the set. with king's sheild it allows aegislash to cushion a blow from zeraora initially and then do a lot of damage too it with shadow ball. This set usually works vs four attacks zeraora but bulk up can be a problem but can be played around to an extent. Hawlucha is a solid sweeper and serves as a form of speed control for the team. Mimikyu acts as a check to dragapult and hydreigon. zeraora acts as the teams primary non-setup wallbreaker. kommo-o is a solid sweeper and helps check cinderace who is the primary problem for most hyper offense suicide lead due to the fact that it can court change.

https://pokepast.es/e8953d47c231f230
Sorry for no sprites I’m on mobile just a solid zera team I built.Teleport wish clef is amazing rn the offensive core really appreciates it. Zeras role is the speed control and a late game sweeper.
dont know if my Interference is allowed but one question: why Spdef Mandi + Spdef Clef? Either physically defensive Clef + specially defensive Mandi would alleviate the AoA Zeraora weakness (which lost a bit of usage to bulk up zeraora to be fair) or the other way round would help agaianst SD Lorb Exca. I preferably would use Spdef Clef, as it also helps in MUs against Kyurem and Keldeo but has to be kept absolutely healthy against these and is also more realiable against Hydra, although I am pretty sure that it can also be broken through by modest lo anyway but there isnt much more to do against it. (small edit: also facade is my personal preference on conk but eq seems fine as well and both Spdef provides a better gengar MU, I guess that might have been the thing inspiring that) Other than that really cool team

Last edited:
Isn’t this blarghs team
I've had this team in my builder for like 3 weeks now. But wow they really are the same team just with different moves. Although I would argue that Clefable / Corviknight / Seismitoad / Zeraora teams are pretty easy to make. You just need speed control for a opposing Zeraora (Hydreigon) and something that can pressure bulkier builds (Chandelure).

Edit: I should note that I don't really watch SPL that much.

Last edited:

Gilme

Banned deucer.

Zeraora @ Metronome
Hasty Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Close Combat
- Play Rough
- Grass Knot

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Flamethrower

Corviknight @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Defog
- Roost
- Body Press

Rotom-Heat @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Trick

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earth Power
- Scald

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
Calm Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Calm Mind

zeraora is a great and versatile pokemon from the current game. Good offensive type combined with an interesting ability that absorbs all electrical attacks. In short, the idea was to create something from its base with good synergy and balanced with double user Nasty Plot so that it does not look so passive. Rotom's set as an option seems like a good idea. You can disable something in your favor. I needed something that has SR like Seismitoad as it is the most important / indispensable move. The final gap aside from the quintessential fairy needed something with Wish to give support

Last edited:

Zeraora @ Metronome
Hasty Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Close Combat
- Play Rough
- Grass Knot

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Flamethrower

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Defog
- Roost
- Body Press

Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Trick

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earth Power
- Scald

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Baton Pass

zeraora is a great and versatile pokemon from the current game. Good offensive type combined with an interesting ability that absorbs all electrical attacks. In short, the idea was to create something from its base with good synergy and balanced with double user Nasty Plot so that it does not look so passive. Rotom's set as an option seems like a good idea. You can disable something in your favor. I needed something that has SR like Seismitoad as it is the most important / indispensable move. The final gap aside from the quintessential fairy needed something with Wish to give support. I have added Bp in Sylveon so that any other teammate receives the Wish in a slightly creative / aesthetic way.
Baton Pass is banned, unfortunately.

Alright this is my first time putting in a team for this stuff so it might not be the greatest but I got something pretty fire!

Kyurem @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Icicle Spear
- Dragon Claw

Rotom-Heat @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp

Clefable @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Thunder Wave
- Moonblast

Keldeo @ Leftovers
EVs: 72 HP / 76 Def / 108 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Secret Sword
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 224 HP / 96 Def / 188 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Knock Off

Zeraora @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Plasma Fists

It's A Kyurem Black remake, Dragon Dance Kyurem looks actually really good I've tested it out a few times and it can put holes in opponents teams, The team is really set up base so a counter to it could be ditto but I haven't really seen them much. I have rotomH just for some momentum and hazard control, it also takes out most of kyurems resists being the steels, next there is clef because every team needs a clef, I think that sub cm keldeo is really cool, it reminds me of a more offencive Suicune, keldeos only wall is Toxapex and that's why I have Zeraora, to punish any water types and Dragapult, last is the designated hazard setter Ferrothorn, he is big tank and he will stop things like Dracovish and hydreigon if not running fire blast to wreck havoc on this team! Well hope you guys like it!

Week 1: Kyurem

This week you guys will be building around Kyurem. You have until next Tuesday to post your teams.​

mushamu

God jihyo
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion

Corviknight @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Zeraora @ Life Orb / Expert Belt
Naive Nature
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Grass Knot
- Plasma Fists

Dracovish @ Choice Band
Ability: Strong Jaw
Adamant Nature
- Fishious Rend
- Psychic Fangs
- Crunch
- Outrage

Kyurem @ Leftovers
EVs: 232 HP / 76 Def / 200 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Icicle Spear
- Substitute
- Protect

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off / Toxic
- Scald
- Earth Power

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Teleport
I wanted to build a team around Choice Band Dracovish so I went and paired it up with Grass Knot Zeraora. Choice Band Dracovish, is in my eyes, deadly against slower teams without either Gastrodon or Seismitoad, and Grass Knot Zeraora hits those two nicely. Otherwise, Corviknight's the Defogger, and has Body Press to check Bisharp because I felt that Choice Band Dracovish checked Clefable and Hatterene well enough already. Kyurem is a nice wincon and can surprise people with Dragon Dance in conjunction with Pressure, and can be a hassle for teams to deal with because of Protect and Substitute which comes in use PP stalling. Kyurem's EVs outspeed Excadrill. Seismitoad is the Stealth Rock setter, and Water immunity which helps against opposing Dracovish and Bulk Up Zeraora too. Clefable is standard WishTect + Teleport and the given EVs allow it to always live a +2 Acrobatics from Adamant Hawlucha while still having Special Defense investments to take on Hex Dragapult nicely.

Ruft

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Leader
Sorry for being late! Quarantine makes me lose track of time. We'll try to update this in a timely manner from now on. Regardless, I'm very happy with the amount of submissions we've received!

Reminder: the voting system used is the Ranked Pairs format (the same as CAP uses). To vote you basically order your options like this: C>B>A>D, like this A>B=C>D, or like this D>C, assuming there are 4 team options (A, B, C, and D). If you choose not to vote for all teams, the last team(s) will be assumed to be last and valued equally if more than one got left out. If you have any questions about this system, by all means, contact me or lyd.

And remember, you may vote for as many or as little teams as you want!

Team A by RottenInfernape
:zeraora: :ferrothorn: :clefable: :hydreigon: :corviknight: :excadrill:

Zeraora @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Plasma Fists
- Knock Off
- Close Combat

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Power Whip
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed

Clefable @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Bulk Up
- Roost
- Taunt

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

This team started off with a standard core of BU Zeraora and Ferrothorn to kill off checks such as Hippowdon and Seismitoad. The core of Ferrothorn + Clefable also provides hazard support for Zeraora and can switch into eachothers checks (with the exception of Pokemon such as Rotom-H.) NP Hydreigon can break through any team and use its teammates to check its offensive counterplays such as Dragapult and opposing Zeraora. BU Corviknight is used instead of Defog as a late-game cleaner and is a check to Pokemon such as Excadrill and Clefable. Finally, Choice Scarf Excadrill is the hazard control and speed control of the team and can surprise Zeraora by switching into Plasma Fists and outspeeding and killing it back with EQ.
Team B by Katy
Zeraora Aurora Veil Hyper Offense

:ninetales-alola: :zeraora: :bisharp: :excadrill: :gengar: :hawlucha:

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/2396304c286ad0f6

Description: standard hyper offense build with alola ninetales and excadrill as leads to support the team immediately. alola ninetales has aurora veil, freeze-dry, encore and hail. last slot is a countermeasure to opposing weather builds like tyranitar/hippowdon sand and torkoal sun as well as rain.
encore to lock opposing mons into their moves like wish, aromatherpy or in a setup move like swords dance. zeraora has the life orb + bulk up with its stab plasma fist and the usual coverage options in close combat and knock off, which hits a lot of pokémon in the current metagame super effective (bisharp, hydreigon, gengar, dragapult) so it has the breaking capabilities. bisharp has the standard-set with iron head, knock off and sucker punch and can act like a dangerous pokémon with the mind-games sucker punch forces. excadrill is the other lead-option with earthquake as its stab, which hits all rotom-forms and it has rapid-spin to help the team out and keep opposing hazards off the field and toxic to inflict long-term damage and its own stealth rock to for chip damage. gengar has nasty plot + 3 attacks, which are: shadow ball, sludge wave and thunderbolt, the latter of these is a way to hit mandibuzz, corviknight and toxapex harder. hawlucha has the usual set with swords dance + 3 attacks and power herb to get off the sky attack + unburden boost instantly, close combat is his secondary stab and acrobatics is the other primary stab option. basically the team is meant to break fast through opposing teams and have fast paced games.
Team C by ithrowrocksatkids
https://pokepast.es/e8953d47c231f230
Sorry for no sprites I’m on mobile just a solid zera team I built.Teleport wish clef is amazing rn the offensive core really appreciates it. Zeras role is the speed control and a late game sweeper.
Team D by Tapeworm
Goldenbois:
HO with lead Terrak to fuck up Exca leads and get offensive pressure going from turn 1. Sigi and Bish as primary breakers to smoke threats and walls that get in the way of Aegi and Lucha like Pex, Corviknight, Ferro, Clef, Pult, other Aegis, etc. Sigi's running Gleam over Roost because Roost sucks and Mandibuzz and Hydra are things while Bish also has the benefit of punishing teams foolish enough to think that Sticky Web is a good idea. Zeraora is speed control and additional offensive support for my breakers, being able to cover pretty much the same things as they do to some degree or another. Not running Bulk Up because it sucks and having as much coverage as possible is more important imo. Aegi and Lucha mop up the mess that's left. That's all cool, but the most important thing is that this team is very aesthetically pleasing and is therefore a good team.
Terrakion @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Bulldoze

Sigilyph @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Heat Wave
- Dazzling Gleam

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Zeraora @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Grass Knot

Aegislash @ Air Balloon
Ability: Stance Change
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance

Hawlucha @ Power Herb
Ability: Unburden
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Sky Attack
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
Team E by zbr
Zeraora @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Plasma Fists
- Thunder Wave
- Play Rough

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock

Dragapult @ Spell Tag
Ability: Clear Body
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- U-turn
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Corviknight @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 176 SpD / 80 Spe
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn

Rotom-Heat @ Ring Target
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpDef / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Trick
- Nasty Plot
older team that used bulk up zera + defensive gastro/corvi core to pivot around and give zera / draga breathing space. ring target heattom is there because i wanted to remove ground type issues with opp teams and i rlly wanted to test the efficacy of ring target in early post home meta. clef having rocks means i cant use wishtele with protect and so softboiled cm seemed a better answer. toad might sound better in theory but this team likes their mons to hold their own weight instead of soft checking everything with clef + toad. draga and zera acts as pseudo speed control esp since zera has spicy twave. i might be insane but i had fun with this team
Team F by Andrew Loh
Double Trick Combo ft. Bulk Up Zeraora
:bronzong: :clefable: :togekiss: :zeraora: :hippowdon: :gastrodon:
Bronzong @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 SpD
Impish Nature
- Trick
- Stealth Rock
- Body Press
- Heavy Slam

Clefable @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 HP / 200 SpA / 56 SpD
Modest Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Trick

Togekiss @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Serene Grace
Calm Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Air Slash
- Flamethrower

Zeraora @ Expert Belt
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Plasma Fists
- Knock Off
- Close Combat

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 236 HP / 20 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
EVs: 212 HP / 88 Def / 208 SpD
Calm Nature
- Earth Power
- Amnesia
- Clear Smog
- Recover
:ss/bronzong:
Choice Banded Bronzong hits fairy types super hard, and Trick cripples potential switch-ins or stay-ins such as Hippowdon, Seismitoad, Toxapex that trying to take hits or setup hazards. It also act as the rare Kyurem hard-check, as it can tank every hits that Specs Kyurem throws to it and revenge kill it. Addition of Stealth Rocks for entry hazard.

:ss/clefable:
Choice Scarf Clefable with Trick take advantage of unsuspected checks such as steel types(Corviknight, Ferrothorn) as displayed in this replay Turn 1. 200 Attack ev is to ensure certain kills and significant damage:

200+ SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Conkeldurr: 372-438 (105.9 - 124.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
200+ SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Dracovish: 314-372 (97.8 - 115.8%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
200+ SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Zeraora: 159-187 (50.1 - 58.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

:ss/togekiss:
This is the defogger and used as Specs Dragapult check due to the different role that Clefable has right now.

:ss/zeraora:
Bulk Up Zeraora is cool, with STAB Plasma Fists, Knock Off and Close Combat, with Expert Belt is chosen for psuedo-Life Orb damage while preventing HP losses. This is crucial in certain cases, an example would be this replay during Turn 5.

:ss/hippowdon:
The Stealth Rocker of the team, act as a mixed wall to deal with, mainly LO Zeraora, Choiced Hydreigon and Specs Dragapult.

:ss/gastrodon:
My favourite Gastrodon set so far with the optimum ev spread to deal with Zeraora(the same Gastrodon set I used in my RMT), clear smog makes bulky/setup sweeper such as Rotom H/W, Kommo-o, Clefable or Hydreigon cry. Amnesia makes it 1v1 metronome Mantine or Shadow Ball spamming Dragapult, while Earth Power makes it deal with Cinderace/Zeraora better.
Team G by mind gaming
Zeraora Balance
:ss/Zeraora: :ss/Sigilyph: :ss/Snorlax: :ss/Corviknight: :ss/Dragapult: :ss/Kommo-o:

Sigilyph can beat most of the mons that can wall Zeraora like Seismitoad, Hippowdown and Kommo-o.
Snorlax can take care of Dragapult, Clefable, Kyurem and can sweep most of the Balance Teams over time.
Corviknight is the Defogger of the Team as well as the Excadrill counter.
Dragapult can beat Keldeo and some Rotom sets Snorlax can't deal with and also Chip the opponents Team or lure Clef.
Kommo-o is the Stealth Rocker of the Team and the counter for Cinderace and Aegislash.​
Team H by Kit10
Built this today so why not sharing it :

https://pokepast.es/daedf4bce5e23068

To explain shortly : started with Zeraora using Blaze Kick over CC to hit grass like ferro/ rotom-mow and jira while CC doesn't help here, and iron tail to hit clefable / sylveon / kyurem. There are not many mons that can come into this except seismi/kommo so i wanted to take advantage of this with sub NP Toge. Snorlax is the only thing that can come into kyurem specs AND dragapult without taking too much. Seismi is a water resist that can help against rotom heat/zeraora and many other mons like Dracovish. Rest is used because seismi will be crucial against rain team and keldeo to come on a choice locker - force other move. Corsola is here to help against exca and terrak. Conk is here to remove EH while scaring ferro /seismi to put it on the field (enough speed for seismi).
Team I by Acey - Danse Macabre
View attachment 230089View attachment 230090View attachment 230091View attachment 230094View attachment 230096View attachment 230097

I basically wanted to go all out with HO and I chose volt-turn as I am not a fan of webs/screens/hazard spam this gen with how easily Corviknight defogs away. My rocker of choice was Coballion because I wanted a rocker that could also prevent bisharp from running my team into the ground, and keep up the volt switch momentum. I hated putting shed shell on it despite the volt-switch but after testing it felt quite necessary. Excadrill is both a clef answer, a spinner, a sweeper (and a software zera check w/chople berry). He works great here and I really liked him on the team. Zera and Kyu are our breakers on the team, and the best in the tier. Scarf pult is the best revenge killer in the metagame imo, so having him as backup was great. The speed spread is just enough to outpace venu in sun. Mandibuzz as our last, it is not an offensive mon but having a ghost switch in to stop opposing dragapults from getting out of hand is great to keep, as well as a ground immunity and another momentum mon w/uturn. With rapid spin already there on drill it is possible to put knock/toxic/taunt over defog on mandi, should you like. I've even tested iron defence, lol. Also, on Zeraora knock off could be a better choice if you feel the team is struggling with ghosts. =]
Team J by Sagisolar

Team K by analysis geek
View attachment 230465 View attachment 230466View attachment 230467View attachment 230468View attachment 230469View attachment 230470

I wanted to make a hyper offense team with zeraora but not with the conventional lead. I choose oblivious mamoswine because its is one of the few leads than cannot be taunted and can beat opposing excadrill leads. endeavor allows it to pressure corviknight the primary defogger in the tier. I choose the specific aegislash set because zeraora can be a hassle to deal with depending on the set. with king's sheild it allows aegislash to cushion a blow from zeraora initially and then do a lot of damage too it with shadow ball. This set usually works vs four attacks zeraora but bulk up can be a problem but can be played around to an extent. Hawlucha is a solid sweeper and serves as a form of speed control for the team. Mimikyu acts as a check to dragapult and hydreigon. zeraora acts as the teams primary non-setup wallbreaker. kommo-o is a solid sweeper and helps check cinderace who is the primary problem for most hyper offense suicide lead due to the fact that it can court change.
Team L by Gilme

Zeraora @ Metronome
Hasty Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Close Combat
- Play Rough
- Grass Knot

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Flamethrower

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Defog
- Roost
- Body Press

Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Trick

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earth Power
- Scald

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Calm Mind

zeraora is a great and versatile pokemon from the current game. Good offensive type combined with an interesting ability that absorbs all electrical attacks. In short, the idea was to create something from its base with good synergy and balanced with double user Nasty Plot so that it does not look so passive. Rotom's set as an option seems like a good idea. You can disable something in your favor. I needed something that has SR like Seismitoad as it is the most important / indispensable move. The final gap aside from the quintessential fairy needed something with Wish to give support
Team M by Milko371
Alright this is my first time putting in a team for this stuff so it might not be the greatest but I got something pretty fire!

Kyurem @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Icicle Spear
- Dragon Claw

Rotom-Heat @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp

Clefable @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Thunder Wave
- Moonblast

Keldeo @ Leftovers
EVs: 72 HP / 76 Def / 108 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Secret Sword
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 224 HP / 96 Def / 188 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Knock Off

Zeraora @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Plasma Fists

It's A Kyurem Black remake, Dragon Dance Kyurem looks actually really good I've tested it out a few times and it can put holes in opponents teams, The team is really set up base so a counter to it could be ditto but I haven't really seen them much. I have rotomH just for some momentum and hazard control, it also takes out most of kyurems resists being the steels, next there is clef because every team needs a clef, I think that sub cm keldeo is really cool, it reminds me of a more offencive Suicune, keldeos only wall is Toxapex and that's why I have Zeraora, to punish any water types and Dragapult, last is the designated hazard setter Ferrothorn, he is big tank and he will stop things like Dracovish and hydreigon if not running fire blast to wreck havoc on this team! Well hope you guys like it!
Team N by Decem

Corviknight @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Zeraora @ Life Orb / Expert Belt
Naive Nature
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Grass Knot
- Plasma Fists

Dracovish @ Choice Band
Ability: Strong Jaw
Adamant Nature
- Fishious Rend
- Psychic Fangs
- Crunch
- Outrage

Kyurem @ Leftovers
EVs: 232 HP / 76 Def / 200 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Icicle Spear
- Substitute
- Protect

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off / Toxic
- Scald
- Earth Power

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Teleport
I wanted to build a team around Choice Band Dracovish so I went and paired it up with Grass Knot Zeraora. Choice Band Dracovish, is in my eyes, deadly against slower teams without either Gastrodon or Seismitoad, and Grass Knot Zeraora hits those two nicely. Otherwise, Corviknight's the Defogger, and has Body Press to check Bisharp because I felt that Choice Band Dracovish checked Clefable and Hatterene well enough already. Kyurem is a nice wincon and can surprise people with Dragon Dance in conjunction with Pressure, and can be a hassle for teams to deal with because of Protect and Substitute which comes in use PP stalling. Kyurem's EVs outspeed Excadrill. Seismitoad is the Stealth Rock setter, and Water immunity which helps against opposing Dracovish and Bulk Up Zeraora too. Clefable is standard WishTect + Teleport and the given EVs allow it to always live a +2 Acrobatics from Adamant Hawlucha while still having Special Defense investments to take on Hex Dragapult nicely.
The voting phase will end around 3 days from now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)