Project SS OU Teambuilding Competition - Not hosted anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

airfare

is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OUPL Champion
Thanks for voting! Tornadus-T's voting phase is over, here are your votes:
C > E > B > D > A
C < B < D < E
C = B > E > D > A
C=E > D > A
A > B > E > D
C > A > B > D > E
D > C > E > B > A
C>B>E>D>A
C > E > B> A > D
E > D > C > B > A
After entering the votes here, the winner for this week is Ox the Fox! Congrats, your submission will be added to the archive.

Week 35: Urshifu-Rapid-Strike

Urshifu-R is a great offensive pivot and wallbreaker, especially when aided by Future Sight. You have until Monday to submit a team built around Urshifu-R.​

Windingsss

shine like jewelry
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
first blood

An Urshifu-Rapid-Strike + Tapu Lele Offense

(click sprites for paste)
Yup, you're seeing it. No FuturePort here. This is an offense team i built a couple of weeks ago around the core of Urshifu-Rapid-Strike + Tapu Lele and that i got to 1600 in ladder with. I really like this core as it can pressure all defensive cores together, allowing Kartana or Zeraora to clean. Zeraora also works as a pivot which can give Urshifu and Lele breaking opportunities, and Kartana is a nice addition that can overload Skarmory and Corviknight (and sometimes it can clean late-game). Landorus-Therian and Heatran are the defensive backbone of the team; Landorus-T also offers defog control, a physical blanket check, and both an Electric- and Ground-type inmunity, while Heatran makes the Kyurem and Dragapult matchup better while setting rocks.

hope you like the team! :blobwizard:

Last edited:

Katy

Banned deucer.
MOISTSHIFU Bulky Offense with Choice Band Tyranitar and Calm Mind Tapu Koko!

:landorus-therian: :corviknight: :urshifu: :tyranitar: :Tapu koko: :dragapult:

team import:
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn
- Brave Bird

Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Choice Band
Ability: Unseen Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- Aqua Jet
- U-turn

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch

Tapu Koko @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Calm Mind
- Roost

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Flamethrower

description: team with the usual suspects, landorus-therian as the stealth rocker and corviknight as the defogger with choice band urshifu-r and choice band tyranitar; tyranitar can check the likes of volcarona, dragapult, and it can pressure the less common hydreigon and also mandibuzz, meanwhile landorus-therian and corviknight check a lot in the metagame such as zeraora, rillaboom, kartana, and weavile together. calm mind tapu koko can be brought in relatively safely with the amount of pivot potential this team has, with landorus-t, corviknight, and also dragapult. dragapult is its best set currently with choice specs and dual stab and the last slot is given to flamethrower so it can dismantle steel-types such as ferrothorn, corviknight, skarmory, magnezone, and melmetal.​

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
:Urshifu::Gengar::Landorus-Therian::Zapdos::Slowking::Garchomp:

The team is in the sprites

This is the team I'm using atm because this game's rng makes me wanna drink cyanide and shoot myself in the head. I've barely played in weeks and while I still think teleport is stupid, I might as well use it since my prediction has been horribly off. Anyway, here's what the team is chosen for

This team was made with band Moistshifu to destroy Volcarona and its fucking boots. Nothing really to say since this mon is the most straightforward one in ou

Scarf Gengar is the fun one. Scarf nasty plot gives me the choice on whether I need it for speed control or for wall breaker. Being able to kill fairies is generally nice because fairies are annoying while being able to trick a choice scarf against Ferrothorn or basically anything else is so satisfying

Lando serves as the rocker with smack down because metal birds are annoying. Toxic is for everything else. It also serves as a buffer against Garchomp, which is always nice

Zapdos is the defogger and the one to check Rillaboom and especially Kartana, brutally punishing the paper with paralysis

Slowking is a natural partner for Moistshifu. Not a fan of teleport but it is incredibly useful. The ev is just one I found in the sqsa thread on how to make Slowking not die to repeated surging strikes

Garchomp rounds up the team to be the main sweeper while being another Volcarona check

TailGlowVM

Now 100% more demonic
:pelipper: :urshifu_rapid_strike: :slowking_galar: :ferrothorn: :seismitoad: :zapdos:
I call this team Rain Of The Future (click sprites for import)

The idea is that Urshifu is unwallable in rain (besides Slowbro, but who cares about him?) as the standard SpD Toxapex is KOed by Surging Strikes in rain + Future Sight. Bulky Tapu Fini won't be OHKOed by the combination but can only come in once, and Tangrowth has a good shot to be KOed too (guaranteed if you predict correctly and go for Close Combat.)

Pelipper, Ferrothorn and Slowking-G forms a defensive backbone, with Slowking having Scald as rain doesn't tend to worry about Heatran much. Seismitoad is rocks, speed control and Electric immunity, and Zapdos is another strong wallbreaker that helps with the Grass-types.

EDIT: Sorry, Ferro should have 252 HP.

Heika

I may very well be the worst player on this site
is a Pre-Contributor
:urshifu: :magnezone: :kartana: :garchomp: :zapdos: :melmetal:

So, for some reason I didn't felt like building on cb shifu so I tryed to go with 4 atk pad urshifu. Maybe cb would still be better on the team tho, idk.

Going with that set I knew I wanted to combine it with specs zone and a band grass. Not being cb means dealing way less damage to the birds, thus making it more likely for them to come on you. And if the switch were the usual bulky waters, the cb grass could try and abuse them.
I then decided on garchomp, at first it was a bulky set with with toxic, but with my final six I was somewhat laking a wincond to my taste so went with a more offensive set, only keeping 44HP to avoid bulky zap 2HKO with hurricane and bisharp's +2 sucker OHKO.
Since my rocker was garchomp (which also ended up being offensive), it helped me chose between kartana or rillaboom, I didn't want to hinder my only set main stab.

At that point I wanted something to hinder eq spaming and a real flying resist, so I went zapper, with volt switch to not stop the momentum of the team.

To round this all up I put a AV Melmetal helping against the like of kyurem and clefable notably.

Prob not the best team but yeah...

URSHIFU + SCIZOR BULKY OFFENSE
:zeraora: :scizor: :urshifu: :tornadus-therian: :slowking-galar: :garchomp:

apple bottom jeans (Zeraora) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Volt Absorb
Jolly Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Volt Switch

Rock Paper (Scizor) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 112 Def / 148 SpD
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost
- Swords Dance

TidalWave (Urshifu-Rapid-Strike) (M) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Aqua Jet

Tweester (Tornadus-Therian) (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Defog

Venenosa Cerebro (Slowking-Galar) (F) @ Assault Vest
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 12 Def / 124 SpA / 120 SpD
Calm Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Future Sight
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam

Atlas (Garchomp) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Protect

Urshifu has always been one of my favorite breakers in the OU meta and i have had a lot of success and fun with it, this team is a fun team i made and peaked 1900 with it.

Team was simple, i added banded urshifu as the wallbreaker to be a great offense pivot and breaker.

Scizor was added to abuse grass types that urshifu struggled offensively and defensively like Kartana, Rillaboom and Tangrowth, provides uturn and lures in fire types that urshifu abuse.

Needed a defogger so i added tornadus-therian because it provides more uturn and amazing knock off user to get rid of rocky helmet users like Corvknight, Landorus-Therian and Garchomp so it makes urshifus wallbreaking more easier, also its fast asf and is a secondary check for grass types so scizor doesnt get worn down.

Slowking-Galar was added for future sight support and its amazing typing lets it handle numerous of threats like Tapu Koko, Clefable, Tapu Fini and SlowTwins, it also forms a great core with Tornadus-Therian and Urshifu. 120 spdef + 252 hp calm lets it live 3 shadow balls from pult and 2hitko it with ice beam to chip it.

Garchomp was added because i needed a ground and rocker so i added chomp because its useful speed tier lets it handle zapdos, landorus-t and bisharp also a good way to punish physical attackers like zeraora, also deals with volcarona and heatran.

Zeraora was added because it forms a amazing core with urshifu and tornadus-t and scizor and slowking-galar (basically everybody)its amazing speed tier + access to knock off is super helpful for this team. Volt switch paried with urshifu deals with so much shit and with tornt/scizor in the back to handle stuff like kart/rilla and tang. Future sight from glowking helps zeraora worn down opposing ground types also.

Have a great day :blobwizard:

“You wanna fuck with me? Say hello to my little friend!”

AL PACINO - Moistshifu Bulky Offense

:slowking: :corviknight: :landorus_therian: :urshifu: :tyranitar: :dragapult:

Click above for the link. Nicknames are from characters Al Pacino has played in films.

FuturePort + next to any mon = broken. While it may not seem like this team is built around urshifu, that is the ultimate play. Since it isn’t at the top of the six, it doesn’t seem like the focus.

:ss/urshifu_rapid_strike:
The main focus of the team. Even without rain or future sight, banded urshifu hits hard, and obvious switches keep momentum with U-turn. Future Sight support makes this monster hard to switch into next to impossible, since the only immunity is Dark, and look at Urshifu’s type.

:ss/slowking:
future port bot.
We all know how insane the combination of Future Sight, Teleport and Regenerator is. Slowking, unlike its more dopey counterpart able to take less damage from attacks that Urshifu wouldn’t want to take.

252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Slowking: 157-186 (39.8 - 47.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Slowbro: 279-328 (70.8 - 83.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

0 SpA Life Orb Clefable Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Slowbro: 192-229 (48.7 - 58.1%) -- 96.1% chance to 2HKO

0 SpA Life Orb Clefable Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Slowking: 109-130 (27.6 - 32.9%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

:ss/tyranitar:
Dragapult and Volcarona check, which also can check Kyurem behind a sub. It also sets up rocks and can paralyze faster things, like opposing Urshifu on the switch. Its sand can also finish off weakened opponents as a final push.

:ss/corviknight:
Toxic and one of two ground immunities on the team. Although it’s vulnerable to zone, it is the best way to wall Rillaboom, which this team is pretty weak to.

:ss/Landorus_therian:
The king of the game comes in as speed control with its scarf and a volt switch immunity. Thanks to its speed, it can outspeed and KO Zeraora, do heavy damage to Dragapult and do numbers to Tornadus.

:ss/dragapult:
The biggest winner of Urshifu removing steel and dark types (also Blissey), Specs Pult freely clicking Shadow Ball is not something you want to happen to you. It’s difficult when there’s FuturePort with it though.

Checks and Counters
Rillazone may be an issue for obvious reasons. However, you do have Pando-T and Fire move Pult to check it if Corv is overwhelmed.

Opposing Future Port may be hard to stop considering a fighting type is usually used as the beneficiary.

I hope you enjoy this team!

:reuniclus: :Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: :Zeraora: :Corviknight: :Clefable: :Garchomp:

Built this team a while ago around Reuniclus + Urshifu-RS. One of Urshifu's bigger problems from my exp is its match-up against stall. The prediction games you need to play + passive damage from Status, hazards, and Rocky Helmet make it pretty hard for it make progress until mid- to end-game. Reuniclus has an alright matchup against stall and specifically does well against some of Urshifu's biggest counters, like Pex, Amoongus, Corv, Etc.

Zeraora + Garchomp is here to help w/ fast electrics like Zapdos, other Zeraora, etc. ID + BP helps w/ other threats, like Bisharp, Scizor, Weavile, Ferrothorn, etc. Clefable is mostly here to check Dragapult and keep other members of the team healthy with Wish. It is a bit of a weak link and I think it could be replaced with something else like Tapu Fini or Bulu.

This team is fun to use, but has quite a few bad matchups, noticeably against Magnezone, other Urshifu, and Rain. Corviknight is also stretched thin here since its my main check to Grounds, Grasses, Darks, etc. Once it goes down, the team kinda falls apart to these mons.

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Aqua Jet

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 24 SpD / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Thunder
- Recover

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Knock Off

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Atk / 100 SpD / 96 Spe
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Bulk Up
- Earthquake
- Smack Down

Corviknight @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Flamethrower

I have a few other builds but most of them are future sight, so Im sharing this one instead. Urshifu-R struggles with breaking against fat stuff or things that chip it down easily, and all of those things are easy setup fodder for Reuniclus to use and break for Urshifu-R in the long run. Clefable fitted nice next since it helped in being able to check Dragapult, Kyurem, and Hydreigon in the long run and can soft check opposing Urshifu-R, Zeraora, and Garchomp. Decided I wanted to do a great wincon that enjoyed having a lot of its main counterplay gone or removed and went with with Sub Bulk Up Landorus-T, Gravity is an option over Smack Down but I decided hitting Volcarona is a lot more important in this team. The EV spread was shared to me by Skypenguin the speed lets you be faster than 92 Speed invested Landorus-T while the special bulk makes it switch into Heatran, Volcarona, and non Ice Beam Nidoking. Corviknight completes the teams defensive backbone with Clefable it helps in checking Weavile, Urshifu-R, Garchomp, Bisharp, Dragapult, and Tapu Lele, Corviknight is also able to check offensive grass types and Dragonite as well for Urshifu-R. Dragapult completed the team giving the team some form of speed control being able to break through teams a lot easier with Urshifu-R and Reuniclus being able to remove or greatly weakened most of its switchins.

Ox the Fox

is a Tiering Contributorwon the 8th Official Ladder Tournamentis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Smogon Charity Bowl IV Winner
:Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: :Slowking-Galar: :Garchomp: :Corviknight: :Kartana: :Weavile:
https://pokepast.es/45c14f5e81a74ba6

Brought this to WCOP and won with it today. Idea is to spam future sight with gking and then break with moistshifu + weavile + kartana. Corvi chomp is a solid defensive core that checks a lot of things while still not being too passive. Gking evs let it always tank 2 pult s balls and also always live surging strikes. SD adamant triple axel weavile is my favorite set and makes it crazy strong, giving it a 56% chance to OHKO heatran after rocks at +2.

Replay of it in WCOP: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8ou-564307

airfare

is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OUPL Champion
Thank you for all the high-quality submissions this week! It's time to vote!

Reminder: the voting system used is the Ranked Pairs format (the same as CAP uses). To vote you basically order your options like this: C>B>A>D, like this A>B=C>D, or like this D>C, assuming there are 4 team options (A, B, C, and D). If you choose not to vote for all teams, the last team(s) will be assumed to be last and valued equally if more than one got left out. Additionally, don't vote for your own submission. If you have any questions, by all means, contact me.

Team A by Windingsss
first blood

An Urshifu-Rapid-Strike + Tapu Lele Offense

(click sprites for paste)
Yup, you're seeing it. No FuturePort here. This is an offense team i built a couple of weeks ago around the core of Urshifu-Rapid-Strike + Tapu Lele and that i got to 1600 in ladder with. I really like this core as it can pressure all defensive cores together, allowing Kartana or Zeraora to clean. Zeraora also works as a pivot which can give Urshifu and Lele breaking opportunities, and Kartana is a nice addition that can overload Skarmory and Corviknight (and sometimes it can clean late-game). Landorus-Therian and Heatran are the defensive backbone of the team; Landorus-T also offers defog control, a physical blanket check, and both an Electric- and Ground-type inmunity, while Heatran makes the Kyurem and Dragapult matchup better while setting rocks.

hope you like the team! :blobwizard:
Team B by Katy
MOISTSHIFU Bulky Offense with Choice Band Tyranitar and Calm Mind Tapu Koko!

:landorus-therian: :corviknight: :urshifu: :tyranitar: :Tapu koko: :dragapult:

team import:
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Corviknight @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn
- Brave Bird

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- Aqua Jet
- U-turn

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch

Tapu Koko @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Calm Mind
- Roost

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Flamethrower

description: team with the usual suspects, landorus-therian as the stealth rocker and corviknight as the defogger with choice band urshifu-r and choice band tyranitar; tyranitar can check the likes of volcarona, dragapult, and it can pressure the less common hydreigon and also mandibuzz, meanwhile landorus-therian and corviknight check a lot in the metagame such as zeraora, rillaboom, kartana, and weavile together. calm mind tapu koko can be brought in relatively safely with the amount of pivot potential this team has, with landorus-t, corviknight, and also dragapult. dragapult is its best set currently with choice specs and dual stab and the last slot is given to flamethrower so it can dismantle steel-types such as ferrothorn, corviknight, skarmory, magnezone, and melmetal.​
Team C by Red Raven
:Urshifu::Gengar::Landorus-Therian::Zapdos::Slowking::Garchomp:

The team is in the sprites

This is the team I'm using atm because this game's rng makes me wanna drink cyanide and shoot myself in the head. I've barely played in weeks and while I still think teleport is stupid, I might as well use it since my prediction has been horribly off. Anyway, here's what the team is chosen for

This team was made with band Moistshifu to destroy Volcarona and its fucking boots. Nothing really to say since this mon is the most straightforward one in ou

Scarf Gengar is the fun one. Scarf nasty plot gives me the choice on whether I need it for speed control or for wall breaker. Being able to kill fairies is generally nice because fairies are annoying while being able to trick a choice scarf against Ferrothorn or basically anything else is so satisfying

Lando serves as the rocker with smack down because metal birds are annoying. Toxic is for everything else. It also serves as a buffer against Garchomp, which is always nice

Zapdos is the defogger and the one to check Rillaboom and especially Kartana, brutally punishing the paper with paralysis

Slowking is a natural partner for Moistshifu. Not a fan of teleport but it is incredibly useful. The ev is just one I found in the sqsa thread on how to make Slowking not die to repeated surging strikes

Garchomp rounds up the team to be the main sweeper while being another Volcarona check
Team D by TailGlowVM
:pelipper: :urshifu_rapid_strike: :slowking_galar: :ferrothorn: :seismitoad: :zapdos:
I call this team Rain Of The Future (click sprites for import)

The idea is that Urshifu is unwallable in rain (besides Slowbro, but who cares about him?) as the standard SpD Toxapex is KOed by Surging Strikes in rain + Future Sight. Bulky Tapu Fini won't be OHKOed by the combination but can only come in once, and Tangrowth has a good shot to be KOed too (guaranteed if you predict correctly and go for Close Combat.)

Pelipper, Ferrothorn and Slowking-G forms a defensive backbone, with Slowking having Scald as rain doesn't tend to worry about Heatran much. Seismitoad is rocks, speed control and Electric immunity, and Zapdos is another strong wallbreaker that helps with the Grass-types.

EDIT: Sorry, Ferro should have 252 HP.
Team E by Heika
:urshifu: :magnezone: :kartana: :garchomp: :zapdos: :melmetal:

So, for some reason I didn't felt like building on cb shifu so I tryed to go with 4 atk pad urshifu. Maybe cb would still be better on the team tho, idk.

Going with that set I knew I wanted to combine it with specs zone and a band grass. Not being cb means dealing way less damage to the birds, thus making it more likely for them to come on you. And if the switch were the usual bulky waters, the cb grass could try and abuse them.
I then decided on garchomp, at first it was a bulky set with with toxic, but with my final six I was somewhat laking a wincond to my taste so went with a more offensive set, only keeping 44HP to avoid bulky zap 2HKO with hurricane and bisharp's +2 sucker OHKO.
Since my rocker was garchomp (which also ended up being offensive), it helped me chose between kartana or rillaboom, I didn't want to hinder my only set main stab.

At that point I wanted something to hinder eq spaming and a real flying resist, so I went zapper, with volt switch to not stop the momentum of the team.

To round this all up I put a AV Melmetal helping against the like of kyurem and clefable notably.

Prob not the best team but yeah...
Team F by AquaVanilla
URSHIFU + SCIZOR BULKY OFFENSE
:zeraora: :scizor: :urshifu: :tornadus-therian: :slowking-galar: :garchomp:

apple bottom jeans (Zeraora) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Volt Absorb
Jolly Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Volt Switch

Rock Paper (Scizor) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 112 Def / 148 SpD
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost
- Swords Dance

TidalWave (Urshifu-Rapid-Strike) (M) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Aqua Jet

Tweester (Tornadus-Therian) (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Defog

Venenosa Cerebro (Slowking-Galar) (F) @ Assault Vest
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 12 Def / 124 SpA / 120 SpD
Calm Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Future Sight
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam

Atlas (Garchomp) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Protect

Urshifu has always been one of my favorite breakers in the OU meta and i have had a lot of success and fun with it, this team is a fun team i made and peaked 1900 with it.

Team was simple, i added banded urshifu as the wallbreaker to be a great offense pivot and breaker.

Scizor was added to abuse grass types that urshifu struggled offensively and defensively like Kartana, Rillaboom and Tangrowth, provides uturn and lures in fire types that urshifu abuse.

Needed a defogger so i added tornadus-therian because it provides more uturn and amazing knock off user to get rid of rocky helmet users like Corvknight, Landorus-Therian and Garchomp so it makes urshifus wallbreaking more easier, also its fast asf and is a secondary check for grass types so scizor doesnt get worn down.

Slowking-Galar was added for future sight support and its amazing typing lets it handle numerous of threats like Tapu Koko, Clefable, Tapu Fini and SlowTwins, it also forms a great core with Tornadus-Therian and Urshifu. 120 spdef + 252 hp calm lets it live 3 shadow balls from pult and 2hitko it with ice beam to chip it.

Garchomp was added because i needed a ground and rocker so i added chomp because its useful speed tier lets it handle zapdos, landorus-t and bisharp also a good way to punish physical attackers like zeraora, also deals with volcarona and heatran.

Zeraora was added because it forms a amazing core with urshifu and tornadus-t and scizor and slowking-galar (basically everybody)its amazing speed tier + access to knock off is super helpful for this team. Volt switch paried with urshifu deals with so much shit and with tornt/scizor in the back to handle stuff like kart/rilla and tang. Future sight from glowking helps zeraora worn down opposing ground types also.

Have a great day :blobwizard:
Team G by Sagdiyev V2
“You wanna fuck with me? Say hello to my little friend!”

AL PACINO - Moistshifu Bulky Offense

:slowking: :corviknight: :landorus_therian: :urshifu: :tyranitar: :dragapult:

Click above for the link. Nicknames are from characters Al Pacino has played in films.

FuturePort + next to any mon = broken. While it may not seem like this team is built around urshifu, that is the ultimate play. Since it isn’t at the top of the six, it doesn’t seem like the focus.

:ss/urshifu_rapid_strike:
The main focus of the team. Even without rain or future sight, banded urshifu hits hard, and obvious switches keep momentum with U-turn. Future Sight support makes this monster hard to switch into next to impossible, since the only immunity is Dark, and look at Urshifu’s type.

:ss/slowking:
future port bot.
We all know how insane the combination of Future Sight, Teleport and Regenerator is. Slowking, unlike its more dopey counterpart able to take less damage from attacks that Urshifu wouldn’t want to take.

252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Slowking: 157-186 (39.8 - 47.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Slowbro: 279-328 (70.8 - 83.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

0 SpA Life Orb Clefable Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Slowbro: 192-229 (48.7 - 58.1%) -- 96.1% chance to 2HKO

0 SpA Life Orb Clefable Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Slowking: 109-130 (27.6 - 32.9%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

:ss/tyranitar:
Dragapult and Volcarona check, which also can check Kyurem behind a sub. It also sets up rocks and can paralyze faster things, like opposing Urshifu on the switch. Its sand can also finish off weakened opponents as a final push.

:ss/corviknight:
Toxic and one of two ground immunities on the team. Although it’s vulnerable to zone, it is the best way to wall Rillaboom, which this team is pretty weak to.

:ss/Landorus_therian:
The king of the game comes in as speed control with its scarf and a volt switch immunity. Thanks to its speed, it can outspeed and KO Zeraora, do heavy damage to Dragapult and do numbers to Tornadus.

:ss/dragapult:
The biggest winner of Urshifu removing steel and dark types (also Blissey), Specs Pult freely clicking Shadow Ball is not something you want to happen to you. It’s difficult when there’s FuturePort with it though.

Checks and Counters
Rillazone may be an issue for obvious reasons. However, you do have Pando-T and Fire move Pult to check it if Corv is overwhelmed.

Opposing Future Port may be hard to stop considering a fighting type is usually used as the beneficiary.

I hope you enjoy this team!
Team H by Magcargo
:reuniclus: :Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: :Zeraora: :Corviknight: :Clefable: :Garchomp:

Built this team a while ago around Reuniclus + Urshifu-RS. One of Urshifu's bigger problems from my exp is its match-up against stall. The prediction games you need to play + passive damage from Status, hazards, and Rocky Helmet make it pretty hard for it make progress until mid- to end-game. Reuniclus has an alright matchup against stall and specifically does well against some of Urshifu's biggest counters, like Pex, Amoongus, Corv, Etc.

Zeraora + Garchomp is here to help w/ fast electrics like Zapdos, other Zeraora, etc. ID + BP helps w/ other threats, like Bisharp, Scizor, Weavile, Ferrothorn, etc. Clefable is mostly here to check Dragapult and keep other members of the team healthy with Wish. It is a bit of a weak link and I think it could be replaced with something else like Tapu Fini or Bulu.

This team is fun to use, but has quite a few bad matchups, noticeably against Magnezone, other Urshifu, and Rain. Corviknight is also stretched thin here since its my main check to Grounds, Grasses, Darks, etc. Once it goes down, the team kinda falls apart to these mons.
Team I by Tysonslayer

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Aqua Jet

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 24 SpD / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Thunder
- Recover

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Knock Off

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Atk / 100 SpD / 96 Spe
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Bulk Up
- Earthquake
- Smack Down

Corviknight @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Flamethrower

I have a few other builds but most of them are future sight, so Im sharing this one instead. Urshifu-R struggles with breaking against fat stuff or things that chip it down easily, and all of those things are easy setup fodder for Reuniclus to use and break for Urshifu-R in the long run. Clefable fitted nice next since it helped in being able to check Dragapult, Kyurem, and Hydreigon in the long run and can soft check opposing Urshifu-R, Zeraora, and Garchomp. Decided I wanted to do a great wincon that enjoyed having a lot of its main counterplay gone or removed and went with with Sub Bulk Up Landorus-T, Gravity is an option over Smack Down but I decided hitting Volcarona is a lot more important in this team. The EV spread was shared to me by Skypenguin the speed lets you be faster than 92 Speed invested Landorus-T while the special bulk makes it switch into Heatran, Volcarona, and non Ice Beam Nidoking. Corviknight completes the teams defensive backbone with Clefable it helps in checking Weavile, Urshifu-R, Garchomp, Bisharp, Dragapult, and Tapu Lele, Corviknight is also able to check offensive grass types and Dragonite as well for Urshifu-R. Dragapult completed the team giving the team some form of speed control being able to break through teams a lot easier with Urshifu-R and Reuniclus being able to remove or greatly weakened most of its switchins.
Team J by Ox the Fox
:Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: :Slowking-Galar: :Garchomp: :Corviknight: :Kartana: :Weavile:
https://pokepast.es/45c14f5e81a74ba6

Brought this to WCOP and won with it today. Idea is to spam future sight with gking and then break with moistshifu + weavile + kartana. Corvi chomp is a solid defensive core that checks a lot of things while still not being too passive. Gking evs let it always tank 2 pult s balls and also always live surging strikes. SD adamant triple axel weavile is my favorite set and makes it crazy strong, giving it a 56% chance to OHKO heatran after rocks at +2.

Replay of it in WCOP: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8ou-564307
You have 2 days to vote.

J=I=D>A>B>C>rest

Special mention to C because it uses a Gengar I suggested more than a week ago in I believe the metagame thread or smth and I actually was trying to build some fun stuff with gengar+shifu which is a very good core. I couldn't rank it above other team that looked more solid, but I gotta love the absolute chad gengar: if your team has gengar, I'm going to like it. If the gengar is scarf trick plot, I'm going to love it

Gomi

yep
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Thank you to everyone who voted, here are your votes:
J > A > H > B > I > G > F > C > E
J > H > A > I > G > F > E > D > C
F > A > B > G > H > D > I > C > E
J > H > A > B > I > C > E > G > D
J=I=D>A>B>C>rest
With this, the winning team is Team J by Ox the Fox!
Congrats! your submission will be added to the archive.

Week 36: Weavile
461[1].png

Weavile has been raking in consistent results recently, by virtue of its staying power with HDB and fantastic breaking capabilities via SD.
You have until Monday to submit teams based around Weavile, Good Luck!​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)