b > a = c > d
A > D > B > C
D > A = C > B
C>D>B
A>D>B>C.
B>A>C>D.
D>C>A=B
D=C>A>B
After putting in the votes, the winner for this week is Zeno420! congrats, your submission will be added to the archive
Week 48: Blissey
242[1].png

Blissey is a blanket special wall noted for its sheer bulk, capable of blanking special attackers such as Specs/NMI Kyurem and Dragapult with relative ease. Packing great utility such as Heal Bell, Stealth Rock, and Wish, Blissey is a great team player on fatter builds and an interesting option on offenses with Healing Wish+Teleport.

You have until Monday to build teams based around Blissey.​

https://pokepast.es/434a1687b27e69d9

One of my first posts here, 0 clue what im doing. This is a weird voltturn I put together in 5 mins. Koko specs is the sheer power of the team, and is there to late game clean or threaten mons like pex that zapdos is weak to. Heatran is to kill strong steels like ferro and corv, to free up a clean for rilla. Heatran also puts pressure on lando switch ins so koko can sweep. Galar slowking could be a problem, you’d just have to keep galar zap alive. Blissey sits there and ports, spreads status, walls kyurem to an extent (pray for a focus blast miss), walls blace, and with heatran it stops lele. Lastly, rocks shits on volt turns, so i have torn, a good mon to kill kart/rilla fog, and u turn. This is more like a u turn spam, but yeah.

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Pre-Contributor
NVMI Kyurem BO feat Rocky Helmet Blissey
https://pokepast.es/0fe44cfcc6842a8e
:blissey: :kyurem: :slowbro: :tornadus-therian: :landorus-therian: :tapu-lele:

Wanted to try a different Blissey set, and Rocky Helmet has the peculiar ability to allow Blissey to check fast pivots such as Dragapult and Tapu Koko even better due to them taking helmet chip, without removing it's other MU's too significantly.
The main offensive star is Never-Melt-Ice Kyurem, which has very little checks apart from Blissey itself, it can blast through most steel types, clearing the way for an endgame Scarf Lele Sweep.

Blissey is obviously the main star, dealing with most special attackers barring heatran, slowbro and torn-t both help patch up it's fighting weakness.

Slowbro acts as a check to Weavile, Bisharp, Garchomp, Lando-T and Urshifu-R, many prominent physical attackers, and can either threaten them directly or pivot out.

Torn-T acts as a kart check, while also working as hazard removal. It is also able to be generally annoying with knock off and forms a regen core with slowbro.

Lando-T, Role Compression moment, and needed a rocker

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
Why not throw this one in for the fun of it?

:skarmory::blissey::tornadus-therian::zapdos-galar::kartana::garchomp:

This is a team I made to test out offensive spdef Garchomp. It handles Heatran and beats every defogger in the tier except some random defogs Finis. Scarf Kartana is the perfect partner because it cleans up hard especially since Garchomp poison everything that checks it and incinerates metal birbs. Here is how the idea works along with the replays for it although I did use a more optimized spread for Garchomp which can be found further down the thread

The rest is just some stuff I wanted to try out. I still needed something against physical attackers so I thought double the fun and added a spiker. Blissey is the most natural partner for Skarm so I added it and it has double healing so that it can help the team. After that, my team lacks damage and since I had a spiker, I wanted one that deters hazard removal so Galarian Zapdos is on the team. Since I hate playing russian roulette, I went with sharp beak. Also bluffs against Heatran which is always fun to see. Tornadus was just added because I wanted to try its av set and most of the time, it just serves to knock stuff off and nothing more because hurricane never hits

Gomi

yep
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
3 SUBMISSIONS GOOD ENOUGH :blissey:

Reminder: the voting system used is the Ranked Pairs format (the same as CAP uses). To vote you basically order your options like this: C>B>A>D, like this A>B=C>D, or like this D>C, assuming there are 4 team options (A, B, C, and D). If you choose not to vote for all teams, the last team(s) will be assumed to be last and valued equally if more than one got left out. Additionally, don't vote for your own submission.

Team A by AgentKeval
https://pokepast.es/434a1687b27e69d9

One of my first posts here, 0 clue what im doing. This is a weird voltturn I put together in 5 mins. Koko specs is the sheer power of the team, and is there to late game clean or threaten mons like pex that zapdos is weak to. Heatran is to kill strong steels like ferro and corv, to free up a clean for rilla. Heatran also puts pressure on lando switch ins so koko can sweep. Galar slowking could be a problem, you’d just have to keep galar zap alive. Blissey sits there and ports, spreads status, walls kyurem to an extent (pray for a focus blast miss), walls blace, and with heatran it stops lele. Lastly, rocks shits on volt turns, so i have torn, a good mon to kill kart/rilla fog, and u turn. This is more like a u turn spam, but yeah.
Team B by M24
NVMI Kyurem BO feat Rocky Helmet Blissey
https://pokepast.es/0fe44cfcc6842a8e
:blissey: :kyurem: :slowbro: :tornadus-therian: :landorus-therian: :tapu-lele:

Wanted to try a different Blissey set, and Rocky Helmet has the peculiar ability to allow Blissey to check fast pivots such as Dragapult and Tapu Koko even better due to them taking helmet chip, without removing it's other MU's too significantly.
The main offensive star is Never-Melt-Ice Kyurem, which has very little checks apart from Blissey itself, it can blast through most steel types, clearing the way for an endgame Scarf Lele Sweep.

Blissey is obviously the main star, dealing with most special attackers barring heatran, slowbro and torn-t both help patch up it's fighting weakness.

Slowbro acts as a check to Weavile, Bisharp, Garchomp, Lando-T and Urshifu-R, many prominent physical attackers, and can either threaten them directly or pivot out.

Torn-T acts as a kart check, while also working as hazard removal. It is also able to be generally annoying with knock off and forms a regen core with slowbro.

Lando-T, Role Compression moment, and needed a rocker

Team C by Red Raven
Why not throw this one in for the fun of it?

:skarmory::blissey::tornadus-therian::zapdos-galar::kartana::garchomp:

This is a team I made to test out offensive spdef Garchomp. It handles Heatran and beats every defogger in the tier except some random defogs Finis. Scarf Kartana is the perfect partner because it cleans up hard especially since Garchomp poison everything that checks it and incinerates metal birbs. Here is how the idea works along with the replays for it although I did use a more optimized spread for Garchomp which can be found further down the thread

The rest is just some stuff I wanted to try out. I still needed something against physical attackers so I thought double the fun and added a spiker. Blissey is the most natural partner for Skarm so I added it and it has double healing so that it can help the team. After that, my team lacks damage and since I had a spiker, I wanted one that deters hazard removal so Galarian Zapdos is on the team. Since I hate playing russian roulette, I went with sharp beak. Also bluffs against Heatran which is always fun to see. Tornadus was just added because I wanted to try its av set and most of the time, it just serves to knock stuff off and nothing more because hurricane never hits
Deadlines in 2 days yada yada

Gomi

yep
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
B > A > C
B > A > C
C
B > C > A
b > c > a
After putting in the votes, the winner for this week is M24! congrats, your submission will be added to the archive.
Week 49: Torkoal and Venusaur
324[1].png
+
003[1].png

Torkoal and Venusaur are individually quite terrible pokemon but when combined, they allow for one of the more fringe but potentially powerful archetypes in the tier in Sun. Torkoal serves as more or less a big rock that sets drought and spins/rocks a few times, but is required in order to take full advantage of Venusaur, a pokemon only walled by a few Dragons and checked by little else. When properly supported, this duo can wreak havoc on many a team.

You have until Monday to build teams based around Torkoal and Venusaur.​

Katy

Banned deucer.
Fire it up - Burn it down - Ashes to the ground! Choice Scarf Heatran and Nasty Plot Ninetales feat TorkaSaur!

:garchomp: :tornadus-therian: :torkoal: :venusaur: :heatran: :Ninetales:

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/2fe07b42e530d295

Explanation: Garchomp is the Stealth Rock setter on this team whereas Torkoal can Rapid Spin opposing entry hazards away. Tornadus-T is a great Ground-immune and offers support in checking Landorus-T and helps Torkoal out with keeping entry hazards away. Torkoal has also Solar beam to lure in Pokemon such as Slowking, Swampert and Gastrodon. Heatran is the secondary Speed control and with Eruption a great breaker alongside Venusaur with its regular Growth set. Heatran has Dragon Pulse to lure in Dragons like Hydreigon and Dragapult and Flamethrower is its backbone bone to rely on when it is on low HP. Ninetales round the team up with a Heavy-Duty Boots set and Nasty Plot making it a fearsome breaker after a +2 and with its decent Speed tier of 100 it is capable of holding its own on the field. Scorching Sands is supposed to hit opposing Heatran and hits Tyranitar as well with a possible burn chance.​

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
:torkoal::venusaur::heatran::landorus-therian::tapu-fini::tapu-koko:

A team I originally built here for a different meta cause I thought BandTran in Sun would be something cool to try out, and still is. Pray you don't face a Kyurem, Nidoking, or Double-Dance Lando otherwise just be a clicker. The more defensive version uses Cress > Fini but becomes a complete autoloss against any Sub Kyurem.

Baloor

Tigers Management
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Champion
PUPL Champion
if AM submits a old team i must submit a old team

:torkoal::victini::venusaur::garchomp::corviknight::clefable:
i love victini sun, mostly cause i love victini. victini is a uber strong sun abuser than has a great movepool. not much else to say. sun core of venu + tork. i have toxic on tork to help vs some ballsy set up sweepers that might come in t1 like volc. i think tork sucks as removal so i didnt care a lot i was dropping spin. added sd chomp because I needed a ground type & sd fire fang in sun is grade a cheese. corviknight next to provide extra removal because tork sucks as removal, it can check a ton of meta threats as well. you can put body press on it to help vs bish but I prefer bb for ballsy volc users. u turn can help you get into your abusers. clefable used to be blissey but i kept getting swept by opposing sd fang chomp so here we are. teleport to get into abusers and healing wish to boost your abusers/setter back to full.

https://pokepast.es/22e1ae6d2b840f55
only change i made to the paste was encore > glaciate, you dont rly need glaciate on this. you pressure lando and chomp enough. honestly, just put whatever funny move you think can go there (encore, wisp, twave, other random coverage moves). go wild omari p power up punch tini believers. this teams blace mus is p rough, playable, but rough. tork set prob could run like rest over toxic if you want lol, maybe eq instead of bp as well. that is all

:kartana: :torkoal: :venusaur: :zapdos: :ditto: :heatran:

I built this team to test Solar Blade Kartana. Heatran is on a balloon to counter opposing ones. Ditto prevents you from being swept by SD Chomp/Dragapult. Zapdos can replace a move with Toxic; Discharge is there to help with Hawlucha, Corvi, Barraskewda, etc; Heat Wave gives you a powerful sun move.

toshimelonhead

Honey Badger don't care.
is a Tiering Contributor
:torkoal: :venusaur: :victini: :weavile: :lycanroc-dusk: :porygon2:

This was an offensive team I tried out to experiment with. It went OK in testing, not great, but it did win a few games. You have your sun core of Torkoal + Venusaur + Banded Victini to tear through opposing defenses. Weavile and Lycanroc-Dusk provide priority moves to revenge kill mons that are faster than Venusaur. Porygon2 serves as the defensive switch when you want to preserve your offensive threats, especially against Heatran.

Replay to see the team in action

I’ll be honest and say I don’t love this team currently, but I like the general direction it’s headed in.

:torkoal: :venusaur: :cloyster: :heatran: :moltres-galar: :polteageist:

The general idea is that venusaur + cloyster destroy the world. Cloyster is weather ball to help break down/catch steels like Ferro/Melmetal/Birbs. Polteageist is an additional shell smasher to help break through the really hard to break through stuff, and to serve as an additional win condition - Wonder Room is 4th move because I didn’t know of a better option and this lets you beat blissey/Tran more easily. Moltres-galar functions as a general sponge/pivot, using a weird rest talk set with fiery wrath and u-turn (I never hit hurricane anyway, I sure am not trying to hit one in the sun). Earth Power might be better on Venusaur than Giga just to dispose of heatran more quickly, but I’m not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)