Project SS OU Teambuilding Competition - Not hosted anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

agslash23

Banned deucer.
Dragon + Electric (DragMag) VoltTurn Offense

:ss/Dragonite: :ss/Garchomp: :ss/Magnezone: :ss/Tapu Koko: :ss/Scizor: :ss/Landorus-Therian:

https://pokepast.es/99901b8de276b207

This is a team that was made around Dragonite and fellow Pseudo - Garchomp. Both these mons share similar checks like Lando-T, Corviknight, Ferrothon, Clefable etc... One sweeps early game,just for the other to sweep late game.

Now imagine the possibilities if these checks get pressured/eliminated. These pseudos just go ham. So, here comes Magnezone. Also Mag eliminating Steels mean that Chomp can run Stone Edge instead of Fire Fang for Zapdos and stuff, while Dragonite can afford to use it's Defensive DD + Heal Bell set that lets it switch into stray Toxics, while countering Kartana, Urshifu-R, Heatran etc.. freeing up team slots to check these.

Tapu Koko is speed controller and provides Electric Terrain for Magnezone to abuse (Electric Terrain + Specs Rising Voltage 2HKOes Ferrothon and Blissey), while pivoting out of G-Slowking and Ferrothon for Garchomp and Mag to take advantage of.

Scizor checks Weavile, Melmetal, Kyurem, Lele while providing slow pivoting against Volcarona, Zapdos, Toxapex for Dragonite/Garchomp to setup on. It can also setup if needed as late-game cleaner with BP

Finally, Max SpDef Lando-T is here to check Pult more reliably, provides Rocks and Knock/Toxic support, while pivoting out of Steel Birds for Mag to Trap.

Last edited:
NiteZone Balance ft ScarfTana

:Dragonite: :magnezone: :landorus-therian: :toxapex: :clefable: :kartana:

It's not my most inspired moment or enjoying the SS metagame but let's go.
:Dragonite: CB with Inner Focus is never a wasted niche as long as Landorus-T exists, Extreme Speed for priority, Dual Wing b1tch Beat is a horrible move and EQ and IP for coverage. And no, without HDB Multiscale it is not as much needed as imagined.
:Landorus-Therian: KnockTurn to help :Magnezone: with metal birds, and Speed just enough for 128 Heatran.
Multifunction :Toxapex: with Light Screen + Rocky Helmet, this Pokémon is ridiculous, maybe Gilbert Gottfried was always right. Here if you want to refresh your memory, and no, I'm not asking for any action from the council here, just a dash of humor, although Toxapex is indeed ridiculous.
:Clefable: provides fairy typing, rocks and stirs some items. Maybe another ridiculous Pokemon.
Finally, the team was so f@ck1ng slow, so I added :Kartana:, who really appreciates NiteZone's work breaking down or weakening fatter cores.
P.S.: I don't remember making another team without HDB in SS.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1395239042-dgzrnve7fdcfoanvichbhxqky0cp6x9pw - Dragonite doing something, and please ignore my turn 22 play.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1395276728-qeiqt06bmltku4mwqtbjztx3856scggpw - I lost the first battle largely due to an early critical hit on Clefable, but here Kartana carried the team on its back even with the apparently unfavorable matchup.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1395384689-7n2xotivkeq2i7lu0k664025ggtjhwmpw - Here's what everyone wants to see, Dragonite defeating Landorus-T in 1 hit. Kartana cleans up after Melmetal weakens.

Baloor

Tigers Management
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
PUPL Champion
:dragonite::mamoswine::magnezone::scizor::tapu-fini::garchomp:
BW Style Mamoswine DragMag (ft. Eject Pack Chomp)

This build was initially inspired by two workshop requests (BW Style DragMag and Mamo), since I like to build those when im bored and this being dragonite this week, it all worked out. I unironically watched BKCs video on BW DragMag to refresh myself on how the playstyle looked then and how I can adapt it into the current metagame. I started off with Mamo + Dnite + Zone, both mons loving zone taking out their checks as well as Mamo and Dnite actually having some solid offensive synergy. I was CB Mamo at one point , however, with zone on my team I decided something like Life Orb would work better. You can really throw like Never-Melt Ice, Muscle Band or something on here but Im currently running Orb due to the favourable rolls vs most ferrothorn spreads. I played around with a ton of zone sets but found specs + teleport to be the most consistent, opening more opportunities for mamo to come in and click a button. Later down the road of playing this team I did find hail to be annoying so some variant of chople zone could also work, but specs is better vs most MUs. Next I needed a rocker, I did play around with lando a bit but I found more success using a very particular Garchomp set, Eject Pack (first saw Finch using this set). I found this set incredibly fun to use, being able to open more chances for mamo to come in to click buttons, with either a intim drop switching you out or a well timed draco on a corviknight letting you get rid of it with magnezone. Draco + Fire Blast has also been surprisingly helpful overall, fire blast being able to remove random steels like ferrothorn and draco just being strong as fuck. Also having garchomp instead of lando is more faithful to the type of team im trying to adapt. i came up with the last two slots at the same time. I needed; a weav check, defogger, steel, pult check, secondary water resist, lele check and kyurem check to name a few. I came up with fat scarf fini & scizor. I feel these are kinda, self explanatory after everything i just listed but ill explain a couple nuances. Fini speed is just the bare minimum to outspeed zeraora, since bu zera looked kinda scary to face. i dumped the rest in spdef because why not. if youre that scared of dnite on that team (which you shouldnt be) just bump it to 216. i like fat fini to be able to take a couple hits from stuff like pult, shifu and weavile. honestly theres probably a better fini spread to run here overall but im not a huge evs guy myself since its a lot to remember. Scizor used to be max spdef but found eq in general & melm rly annoying in tests so i changed it. this spread still takes two modest psychics from lele while being able to tank psychical hits from stuff like melm. 13 speed ivs for slow u turns on most things while still out running melm and hippo. i like sd here to pressure fairies more and being more effective of a cleaner after mamo & dnite do their thing. the defensive investment also helps pressure hail teams which obviously is very popular rn. (s/o curi for the suggestion)

overall i found this team extremely fun to use in mid-ladder (1700s-1800s) when not loading into hail mus. the team definitely has a nostalgic vibe to it which I think some people would really appreciate. theres a few things I found annoying like hail/zera/koko/fin/volcanion but I think theyre def playable. theres also customization you cam still do with the team; you can play around with the DWB slot with dnite (while i did find dwb to be the most consistent on this build theres still a ton of fun options to try), obviously if you think mamo kills itself to fast you can change that set, zone set can still be changed, and fini set can be played around with. hopefully somebody has as much fun using this as I did.

Gomi coward

Last edited:

This build was initially inspired by two workshop requests (BW Style DragMag and Mamo), since I like to build those when im bored and this being dragonite this week, it all worked out. I unironically watched BKCs video on BW DragMag to refresh myself on how the playstyle looked then and how I can adapt it into the current metagame. I started off with Mamo + Dnite + Zone, both mons loving zone taking out their checks as well as Mamo and Dnite actually having some solid offensive synergy. I was CB Mamo at one point , however, with zone on my team I decided something like Life Orb would work better. You can really throw like Never-Melt Ice, Muscle Band or something on here but Im currently running Orb due to the favourable rolls vs most ferrothorn spreads. I played around with a ton of zone sets but found specs + teleport to be the most consistent, opening more opportunities for mamo to come in and click a button. Later down the road of playing this team I did find hail to be annoying so some variant of chople zone could also work, but specs is better vs most MUs. Next I needed a rocker, I did play around with lando a bit but I found more success using a very particular Garchomp set, Eject Pack (first saw Finch using this set). I found this set incredibly fun to use, being able to open more chances for mamo to come in to click buttons, with either a intim drop switching you out or a well timed draco on a corviknight letting you get rid of it with magnezone. Draco + Fire Blast has also been surprisingly helpful overall, fire blast being able to remove random steels like ferrothorn and draco just being strong as fuck. Also having garchomp instead of lando is more faithful to the type of team im trying to adapt. i came up with the last two slots at the same time. I needed; a weav check, defogger, steel, pult check, secondary water resist, lele check and kyurem check to name a few. I came up with fat scarf fini & scizor. I feel these are kinda, self explanatory after everything i just listed but ill explain a couple nuances. Fini speed is just the bare minimum to outspeed zeraora, since bu zera looked kinda scary to face. i dumped the rest in spdef because why not. if youre that scared of dnite on that team (which you shouldnt be) just bump it to 216. honestly theres probably a better fini spread to run here overall but im not a huge evs guy myself since its a lot to remember. Scizor used to be max spdef but found eq in general & melm rly annoying in tests so i changed it. this spread still takes two modest psychics from lele while being able to tank psychical hits from stuff like melm. 13 speed ivs for slow u turns on most things while still out running melm and hippo. i like sd here to pressure fairies more and being more effective of a cleaner after mamo & dnite do their thing. the defensive investment also helps pressure hail teams which obviously is very popular rn. (s/o curi for the suggestion)

overall i found this team extremely fun to use in mid-ladder (1700s-1800s) when not loading into hail mus. the team definitely has a nostalgic vibe to it which I think some people would really appreciate. theres a few things I found annoying like hail/zera/koko/fini but I think theyre def playable. theres also customization you cam still do with the team; you can play around with the DWB slot with dnite (while i did find dwb to be the most consistent on this build theres still a ton of fun options to try), obviously if you think mamo kills itself to fast you can change that set, zone set can still be changed, and fini set can be played around with. hopefully somebody has as much fun using this as I did.

Gomi coward
nice inspiration and nice team, i'm gonna share this scarf fini spread i've been using to "check" dragapult and urshifu in offensive teams

Tapu Fini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 112 HP / 180 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Trick
- Moonblast
- Scald / Surf
- Defog

252 SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Shadow Ball vs. 112 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Fini: 130-154 (42 - 49.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
180 SpA Tapu Fini Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Dragapult: 296-350 (93.3 - 110.4%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

252 Atk Choice Band Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Close Combat vs. 112 HP / 0 Def Tapu Fini: 130-153 (42 - 49.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Thunder Punch vs. 112 HP / 0 Def Tapu Fini: 218-258 (70.5 - 83.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
180 SpA Tapu Fini Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: 356-420 (104.3 - 123.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

the added special attack is also nice to spam moonblast more effectively once you've trapped steels with magnezone

nice inspiration and nice team, i'm gonna share this scarf fini spread i've been using to "check" dragapult and urshifu in offensive teams

Tapu Fini @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 112 HP / 180 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Moonblast
- Scald / Surf
- Defog

252 SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Shadow Ball vs. 112 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Fini: 130-154 (42 - 49.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
180 SpA Tapu Fini Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Dragapult: 296-350 (93.3 - 110.4%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

252 Atk Choice Band Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Close Combat vs. 112 HP / 0 Def Tapu Fini: 130-153 (42 - 49.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Thunder Punch vs. 112 HP / 0 Def Tapu Fini: 218-258 (70.5 - 83.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
180 SpA Tapu Fini Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: 356-420 (104.3 - 123.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

the added special attack is also nice to spam moonblast more effectively once you've trapped steels with magnezone
Tapu Fini @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 184 HP / 112 SpA / 212 Spe
Timid Nature

- Moonblast
- Surf
- Trick
- Defog

I like this spread a bit more because it still retains enough power to ohko pult, shifu and weavile after a single round of rocks/helmet, but has more bulk, enough to take two stabs from band shifu and specs pult 100% without rocks and around 65%ish with rocks.

STALLNITE
Well I wouldn't be the biggest dragonite stall shill if I didn't give you a dragonite stall team, right?
:dragonite::skarmory::blissey::clefable::toxapex::quagsire:
https://pokepast.es/0d5b3b6054773184

This is a standard defensive core of skarm-bliss-pex-clef with quagsire since clef isn't unaware and dragonite to ward off some mons which would otherwise be very troubling for stall, like especially heatran, but also zone and FS watershifu. The team is teched out with a bit more passive sources of damage than most such teams, to force progress against mons like fini or the myriad of attackers like pult weavile and the likes, who are strong but lack longevity.

skarmory is the spikes setter, and checks a lot of very common physical attackers, like kartana, rilla, bisharp, weavile, chomp, lando.... whirlwind is a bit higrolly, since it can just sweep some teams but might be useless otherwise, so if you prefer it can be switched over to ID. Helmet is used for forcing chip, and since dnite handles its switchins like zone and tran, I didn't opt for shed shell.

blissey is blissey, it stops most special attackers, but this one is a bit special in that it is tricked out to beat most forms of FS shenanigans. you see the FS from a slowtwin, you switch blissey in on a teleport and protect. It works for every attacker except for watershifu, but that is also covered as we will see. otherwise it packs toxic, since it works great with protect and can be used to put dangerous threat like non safeguard volc on a timer(safeguard volc will never get past haze pex, unless it's a very weird set)

sticky barb clef is here to make progress. Tricking a sticky barb to a switch in is an insanely powerful chip tool, and a lot of its switchins are very vulnerable to it, for example tran and fini. it also carries rocks because something has to. Specially defensive spread is to tackle specs pult and as a backup for specs kyurem(its not the most reliable here but it can do in a pinch if the kyurem user uses anything but ice beam), as I felt the physical walling was done well by skarm, pex and quaggy already. If the opposing team has a corvi, you should always try to get the barb on it, as it will enable you to pressure it (no pun intended) down into flamethrower range on dnite.

quaggy is pretty standard, it stops some nasty setup sweepers like weavile,chomp and zera, it spreads poison and/or burns around and is a ground type with good longevity(that doesn't mess up multiscale with sandstorm). It's very weak to grass, but between skarmory and dnite(see how many things it can do), that front is pretty well covered.

Pex is haze for safeguard volc and to annoy weavile, bisharp and similair stuff. otherwise regenerator allows it to scout pretty well with its good mixed bulk, and it is just annoying, removing items and spreading burn. truly not much to say here, pex is pex

and now for the star. Dragonite is a stall GOAT and I will not hear anything against this good boy. it has a laundry list of amazing utility for stall:
  1. since we said blissey covers all future sight EXCEPT for watershifu, well dragonite covers that
  2. most stall cannot do anything to corvi. dragonite is carrying flamethrower for that and ferro that can also be annoying AF if gyro ball(otherwise clef sits on it). It can do a decent chunk and combined with rocks damage and sticky barb you can lure it and 2HKO it which is vital to winning.
  3. its insane special bulk weirdly allows it to be the best scout if you need a specs lele switchin, if blissey isn't already in to just protect it. even moonblast does barely around 50% if multiscale is up, and then you can switch into pex.
  4. it absolutely manhandles heatran, which otherwise is a massive threat to stall
  5. it is good against zone, which can be a threat to most of the team with a combination of electric and steel coverage as well as body press, and you dont want quaggy fighting it as it needs to be healthy for you to not get swept
  6. it's a great backup against grass spam teams, even if your skarm gets overwhelmed by SD kartana, dnite can take any +3 hit from it and KO in return with flamethrower, which does approximately 1010012394120% to kart. It's also not afraid of zone which is often found here like skarm is, removing more pressure off it
  7. it can role compress heal bell into the team, which is just icing on the cake

I just have one, but It's actually my favorite game of pokemon I ever played. The opponent has a very tough MU for stall, with corvi, a regenerator mon meaning I can't stick damage, and even a taunt NP torn-t and this team still manages to go toe to toe with it. It required a lot of right reads to make the game so close, and the opponent really gave me a hard time. Also I think I actually had the game wrapped up but the timer ran out since it was like 5s long at that point :( so ignore that surrender part. And throughout it all dragonite was amazing and a keystone of the team. It took out corviknight, and I couldn't even think of keeping the game as close if it didn't, it took out chomp, it supported the rest of the team with heal bell, it stood in front of thetorn, and it kept pumping damage into pex and blissey so I could outlast them. Overall even without some of the other strengths I said, it can be clearly seen here what dragonite brings to the table, and that it can even shine in decently high ladder.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1343093790

Last edited:

Gomi

yep
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Time to vote :dragonite:

Reminder: the voting system used is the Ranked Pairs format (the same as CAP uses). To vote you basically order your options like this: C>B>A>D, like this A>B=C>D, or like this D>C, assuming there are 4 team options (A, B, C, and D). If you choose not to vote for all teams, the last team(s) will be assumed to be last and valued equally if more than one got left out. Additionally, don't vote for your own submission.

Team A by agslash23
Dragon + Electric (DragMag) VoltTurn Offense

:ss/Dragonite: :ss/Garchomp: :ss/Magnezone: :ss/Tapu Koko: :ss/Scizor: :ss/Landorus-Therian:

https://pokepast.es/99901b8de276b207

This is a team that was made around Dragonite and fellow Pseudo - Garchomp. Both these mons share similar checks like Lando-T, Corviknight, Ferrothon, Clefable etc... One sweeps early game,just for the other to sweep late game.

Now imagine the possibilities if these checks get pressured/eliminated. These pseudos just go ham. So, here comes Magnezone. Also Mag eliminating Steels mean that Chomp can run Stone Edge instead of Fire Fang for Zapdos and stuff, while Dragonite can afford to use it's Defensive DD + Heal Bell set that lets it switch into stray Toxics, while countering Kartana, Urshifu-R, Heatran etc.. freeing up team slots to check these.

Tapu Koko is speed controller and provides Electric Terrain for Magnezone to abuse (Electric Terrain + Specs Rising Voltage 2HKOes Ferrothon and Blissey), while pivoting out of G-Slowking and Ferrothon for Garchomp and Mag to take advantage of.

Scizor checks Weavile, Melmetal, Kyurem, Lele while providing slow pivoting against Volcarona, Zapdos, Toxapex for Dragonite/Garchomp to setup on. It can also setup if needed as late-game cleaner with BP

Finally, Max SpDef Lando-T is here to check Pult more reliably, provides Rocks and Knock/Toxic support, while pivoting out of Steel Birds for Mag to Trap.

Team B by Tio Chico
NiteZone Balance ft ScarfTana

:Dragonite: :magnezone: :landorus-therian: :toxapex: :clefable: :kartana:

It's not my most inspired moment or enjoying the SS metagame but let's go.
:Dragonite: CB with Inner Focus is never a wasted niche as long as Landorus-T exists, Extreme Speed for priority, Dual Wing b1tch Beat is a horrible move and EQ and IP for coverage. And no, without HDB Multiscale it is not as much needed as imagined.
:Landorus-Therian: KnockTurn to help :Magnezone: with metal birds, and Speed just enough for 128 Heatran.
Multifunction :Toxapex: with Light Screen + Rocky Helmet, this Pokémon is ridiculous, maybe Gilbert Gottfried was always right. Here if you want to refresh your memory, and no, I'm not asking for any action from the council here, just a dash of humor, although Toxapex is indeed ridiculous.
:Clefable: provides fairy typing, rocks and stirs some items. Maybe another ridiculous Pokemon.
Finally, the team was so f@ck1ng slow, so I added :Kartana:, who really appreciates NiteZone's work breaking down or weakening fatter cores.
P.S.: I don't remember making another team without HDB in SS.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1395239042-dgzrnve7fdcfoanvichbhxqky0cp6x9pw - Dragonite doing something, and please ignore my turn 22 play.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1395276728-qeiqt06bmltku4mwqtbjztx3856scggpw - I lost the first battle largely due to an early critical hit on Clefable, but here Kartana carried the team on its back even with the apparently unfavorable matchup.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1395384689-7n2xotivkeq2i7lu0k664025ggtjhwmpw - Here's what everyone wants to see, Dragonite defeating Landorus-T in 1 hit. Kartana cleans up after Melmetal weakens.
Team C by Baloor

This build was initially inspired by two workshop requests (BW Style DragMag and Mamo), since I like to build those when im bored and this being dragonite this week, it all worked out. I unironically watched BKCs video on BW DragMag to refresh myself on how the playstyle looked then and how I can adapt it into the current metagame. I started off with Mamo + Dnite + Zone, both mons loving zone taking out their checks as well as Mamo and Dnite actually having some solid offensive synergy. I was CB Mamo at one point , however, with zone on my team I decided something like Life Orb would work better. You can really throw like Never-Melt Ice, Muscle Band or something on here but Im currently running Orb due to the favourable rolls vs most ferrothorn spreads. I played around with a ton of zone sets but found specs + teleport to be the most consistent, opening more opportunities for mamo to come in and click a button. Later down the road of playing this team I did find hail to be annoying so some variant of chople zone could also work, but specs is better vs most MUs. Next I needed a rocker, I did play around with lando a bit but I found more success using a very particular Garchomp set, Eject Pack (first saw Finch using this set). I found this set incredibly fun to use, being able to open more chances for mamo to come in to click buttons, with either a intim drop switching you out or a well timed draco on a corviknight letting you get rid of it with magnezone. Draco + Fire Blast has also been surprisingly helpful overall, fire blast being able to remove random steels like ferrothorn and draco just being strong as fuck. Also having garchomp instead of lando is more faithful to the type of team im trying to adapt. i came up with the last two slots at the same time. I needed; a weav check, defogger, steel, pult check, secondary water resist, lele check and kyurem check to name a few. I came up with fat scarf fini & scizor. I feel these are kinda, self explanatory after everything i just listed but ill explain a couple nuances. Fini speed is just the bare minimum to outspeed zeraora, since bu zera looked kinda scary to face. i dumped the rest in spdef because why not. if youre that scared of dnite on that team (which you shouldnt be) just bump it to 216. i like fat fini to be able to take a couple hits from stuff like pult, shifu and weavile. honestly theres probably a better fini spread to run here overall but im not a huge evs guy myself since its a lot to remember. Scizor used to be max spdef but found eq in general & melm rly annoying in tests so i changed it. this spread still takes two modest psychics from lele while being able to tank psychical hits from stuff like melm. 13 speed ivs for slow u turns on most things while still out running melm and hippo. i like sd here to pressure fairies more and being more effective of a cleaner after mamo & dnite do their thing. the defensive investment also helps pressure hail teams which obviously is very popular rn. (s/o curi for the suggestion)

overall i found this team extremely fun to use in mid-ladder (1700s-1800s) when not loading into hail mus. the team definitely has a nostalgic vibe to it which I think some people would really appreciate. theres a few things I found annoying like hail/zera/koko/fin/volcanion but I think theyre def playable. theres also customization you cam still do with the team; you can play around with the DWB slot with dnite (while i did find dwb to be the most consistent on this build theres still a ton of fun options to try), obviously if you think mamo kills itself to fast you can change that set, zone set can still be changed, and fini set can be played around with. hopefully somebody has as much fun using this as I did.

Gomi coward
Team D by Glava222
STALLNITE
Well I wouldn't be the biggest dragonite stall shill if I didn't give you a dragonite stall team, right?
:dragonite::skarmory::blissey::clefable::toxapex::quagsire:
https://pokepast.es/0d5b3b6054773184

This is a standard defensive core of skarm-bliss-pex-clef with quagsire since clef isn't unaware and dragonite to ward off some mons which would otherwise be very troubling for stall, like especially heatran, but also zone and FS watershifu. The team is teched out with a bit more passive sources of damage than most such teams, to force progress against mons like fini or the myriad of attackers like pult weavile and the likes, who are strong but lack longevity.

skarmory is the spikes setter, and checks a lot of very common physical attackers, like kartana, rilla, bisharp, weavile, chomp, lando.... whirlwind is a bit higrolly, since it can just sweep some teams but might be useless otherwise, so if you prefer it can be switched over to ID. Helmet is used for forcing chip, and since dnite handles its switchins like zone and tran, I didn't opt for shed shell.

blissey is blissey, it stops most special attackers, but this one is a bit special in that it is tricked out to beat most forms of FS shenanigans. you see the FS from a slowtwin, you switch blissey in on a teleport and protect. It works for every attacker except for watershifu, but that is also covered as we will see. otherwise it packs toxic, since it works great with protect and can be used to put dangerous threat like non safeguard volc on a timer(safeguard volc will never get past haze pex, unless it's a very weird set)

sticky barb clef is here to make progress. Tricking a sticky barb to a switch in is an insanely powerful chip tool, and a lot of its switchins are very vulnerable to it, for example tran and fini. it also carries rocks because something has to. Specially defensive spread is to tackle specs pult and as a backup for specs kyurem(its not the most reliable here but it can do in a pinch if the kyurem user uses anything but ice beam), as I felt the physical walling was done well by skarm, pex and quaggy already. If the opposing team has a corvi, you should always try to get the barb on it, as it will enable you to pressure it (no pun intended) down into flamethrower range on dnite.

quaggy is pretty standard, it stops some nasty setup sweepers like weavile,chomp and zera, it spreads poison and/or burns around and is a ground type with good longevity(that doesn't mess up multiscale with sandstorm). It's very weak to grass, but between skarmory and dnite(see how many things it can do), that front is pretty well covered.

Pex is haze for safeguard volc and to annoy weavile, bisharp and similair stuff. otherwise regenerator allows it to scout pretty well with its good mixed bulk, and it is just annoying, removing items and spreading burn. truly not much to say here, pex is pex

and now for the star. Dragonite is a stall GOAT and I will not hear anything against this good boy. it has a laundry list of amazing utility for stall:
  1. since we said blissey covers all future sight EXCEPT for watershifu, well dragonite covers that
  2. most stall cannot do anything to corvi. dragonite is carrying flamethrower for that and ferro that can also be annoying AF if gyro ball(otherwise clef sits on it). It can do a decent chunk and combined with rocks damage and sticky barb you can lure it and 2HKO it which is vital to winning.
  3. its insane special bulk weirdly allows it to be the best scout if you need a specs lele switchin, if blissey isn't already in to just protect it. even moonblast does barely around 50% if multiscale is up, and then you can switch into pex.
  4. it absolutely manhandles heatran, which otherwise is a massive threat to stall
  5. it is good against zone, which can be a threat to most of the team with a combination of electric and steel coverage as well as body press, and you dont want quaggy fighting it as it needs to be healthy for you to not get swept
  6. it's a great backup against grass spam teams, even if your skarm gets overwhelmed by SD kartana, dnite can take any +3 hit from it and KO in return with flamethrower, which does approximately 1010012394120% to kart. It's also not afraid of zone which is often found here like skarm is, removing more pressure off it
  7. it can role compress heal bell into the team, which is just icing on the cake

I just have one, but It's actually my favorite game of pokemon I ever played. The opponent has a very tough MU for stall, with corvi, a regenerator mon meaning I can't stick damage, and even a taunt NP torn-t and this team still manages to go toe to toe with it. It required a lot of right reads to make the game so close, and the opponent really gave me a hard time. Also I think I actually had the game wrapped up but the timer ran out since it was like 5s long at that point :( so ignore that surrender part. And throughout it all dragonite was amazing and a keystone of the team. It took out corviknight, and I couldn't even think of keeping the game as close if it didn't, it took out chomp, it supported the rest of the team with heal bell, it stood in front of thetorn, and it kept pumping damage into pex and blissey so I could outlast them. Overall even without some of the other strengths I said, it can be clearly seen here what dragonite brings to the table, and that it can even shine in decently high ladder.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1343093790
you have 2 days to vote.

Gomi

yep
i forgot lol
C>B>A>D
C and A are both p cool offenses, B is the most interesting take for sure, and D is a generic do nothing type build, near 6-0'd by lele or trapper fini specifically
C>B>A>D
A > C > D
D > A > B > C
C>B>A>D
C>all
B>C>A>D
C>B>D
After putting in the votes, the winner for this week is Baloor! congrats, your submission will be added to the archive.
Week 44: Arctozolt
881[1].png

Arctozolt is an interesting pick that has been completely taking the metagame by storm, with its combination of unmatched speed with Slush Rush and unwallable Stab in Bolt Beak+Blizzard. There are many ways to handle this pokemon, given the only perquisite is a Hail Setter, so try to impress with your build!

You have until Monday to submit teams built around Arctozolt.​

Zeno420

Banned deucer.
Last edited:
Arctozolt Hail squad ft Mantine and Weather Ball Landorus-T

:Ninetales-Alola: :Arctozolt: :Mantine: :Landorus-Therian: :Clefable: :Scizor:

:Ninetales-Alola: Starting with the obvious Ninetales-Alola, I "stole" the spread from this excellent post made by SLDR.
:Arctozolt: I chose AoA Arctozolt because without Blizzard it lacks power and without Freezy-Dry it will eventually be interrupted by some random Gastrodon or Swampert, besides being a good intermediate option for Toxapex.
:Mantine: Mantine. Damn it, Mantine. I tried Tapu Fini and thought about Toxapex but both are insufficient for Volcarona, and nobody wants to lose 6-0 after a Quiver Dance at any point in the game. Volcanion has become more popular as well as being a legitimate response to Dragapult and Urshifu (without Thunder Punch).
:Landorus-Therian: Landorus-Therian Scarf for speed control and lure others Landorus-Therian with Weather Ball Ice, allowing Arctozolt to use Bolt Beak brainless.
:Clefable: Clefable for Rocks and Shed Shell which allows you to relieve some of the pressure Heatran puts on, removing Leftovers with Knock Off and switching to Mantine afterwards. It still limits Ferrothorn's lifespan until it's in range for Arctozolt to knock out.
:Scizor: Scizor is a generic but very effective glue, covering Tapu Lele, Kyurem and Kartana. Bullet Punch for some priority and SD for an alternate wincon.

Mantine is able to ate Shadow Ball but damn 20% drop. The crit in Kyurem compensated/saved in the end.

Last edited:
KokoZolt Hail Offense w/ Magnezone and Double Defog
:(Arctozolt)::(Tapu Koko)::(Ninetales-Alola)::(Magnezone)::(Corviknight)::(Landorus-Therian):

Ok, first time posting a team here, let's hope it's alright...
I started with Arctozolt, obviously, and slapped on Ninetales for Hail support. I then decided to add Iron Defense Magnezone, since two of Arctozolt's biggest current checks are Melm and Ferro which Zone reliably disposes of to pave the way for uninterrupted Bolt Beaking. Corviknight and Landorus were added next to form the double Defog core which allows Zolt to afford Leftovers over Boots for more Substitute opportunities, and Koko rounds out the team by providing a fast pokemon outside of Hail, another pivot and a source of Electric Terrain which makes Arctozolt's Bolt Beaks really hurt and lets you reallocate EVs into SpA without sacrificing any power. (I know Boots aren't super necessary with double Defog but there just aren't any items that work as well on Koko, you could try Magnet I guess?) At this point, I felt that the team could use a little bit more firepower so I made Ninetales the Nasty Plot + Veil set. Team can struggle with Volcarona if Lando's too chipped to land a Stone Edge but Veil + Max SpD helps a lot with that, and it should do well otherwise with Magnezone freeing up Arctozolt so well.
Edit: Thanks SLDR for pointing out the Landorus typo, updated. Also changed one move on Lando.​

Last edited:

Gomi

yep
Time to vote :arctozolt:

Reminder: the voting system used is the Ranked Pairs format (the same as CAP uses). To vote you basically order your options like this: C>B>A>D, like this A>B=C>D, or like this D>C, assuming there are 4 team options (A, B, C, and D). If you choose not to vote for all teams, the last team(s) will be assumed to be last and valued equally if more than one got left out. Additionally, don't vote for your own submission.

Team A by zeno420
Quad weather Heat

Approved by Gomi

:arctozolt::pelipper::ninetales-alola::tyranitar::torkoal::blissey:
^click on sprite for paste^

Simple to use, just click click click. No bolt beak on zolt, body slam is superior. Focus punch blissey puts in work, band fire punch in sun also 2hkos corv. Trust the process!

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1399606000-8r378mpz7iux4yrykru10n76suwfp25pw
sent this man straight to retirement
Team B by tio chico
Arctozolt Hail squad ft Mantine and Weather Ball Landorus-T

:Ninetales-Alola: :Arctozolt: :Mantine: :Landorus-Therian: :Clefable: :Scizor:

:Ninetales-Alola: Starting with the obvious Ninetales-Alola, I "stole" the spread from this excellent post made by SLDR.
:Arctozolt: I chose AoA Arctozolt because without Blizzard it lacks power and without Freezy-Dry it will eventually be interrupted by some random Gastrodon or Swampert, besides being a good intermediate option for Toxapex.
:Mantine: Mantine. Damn it, Mantine. I tried Tapu Fini and thought about Toxapex but both are insufficient for Volcarona, and nobody wants to lose 6-0 after a Quiver Dance at any point in the game. Volcanion has become more popular as well as being a legitimate response to Dragapult and Urshifu (without Thunder Punch).
:Landorus-Therian: Landorus-Therian Scarf for speed control and lure others Landorus-Therian with Weather Ball Ice, allowing Arctozolt to use Bolt Beat brainless.
:Clefable: Clefable for Rocks and Shed Shell which allows you to relieve some of the pressure Heatran puts on, removing Leftovers with Knock Off and switching to Mantine afterwards. It still limits Ferrothorn's lifespan until it's in range for Arctozolt to knock out.
:Scizor: Scizor is a generic but very effective glue, covering Tapu Lele, Kyurem and Kartana. Bullet Punch for some priority and SD for an alternate wincon.

Mantine is able to ate Shadow Ball but damn 20% drop. The crit in Kyurem compensated/saved in the end.
Team C by boomfantastic
KokoZolt Hail Offense w/ Magnezone and Double Defog
:(Arctozolt)::(Tapu Koko)::(Ninetales-Alola)::(Magnezone)::(Corviknight)::(Landorus-Therian):

Ok, first time posting a team here, let's hope it's alright...
I started with Arctozolt, obviously, and slapped on Ninetales for Hail support. I then decided to add Iron Defense Magnezone, since two of Arctozolt's biggest current checks are Melm and Ferro which Zone reliably disposes of to pave the way for uninterrupted Bolt Beaking. Corviknight and Landorus were added next to form the double Defog core which allows Zolt to afford Leftovers over Boots for more Substitute opportunities, and Koko rounds out the team by providing a fast pokemon outside of Hail, another pivot and a source of Electric Terrain which makes Arctozolt's Bolt Beaks really hurt and lets you reallocate EVs into SpA without sacrificing any power. (I know Boots aren't super necessary with double Defog but there just aren't any items that work as well on Koko, you could try Magnet I guess?) At this point, I felt that the team could use a little bit more firepower so I made Ninetales the Nasty Plot + Veil set. Team can struggle with Volcarona if Lando's too chipped to land a Stone Edge and looks slightly Scizor-weak if you lose Corv, but it should do well otherwise with Magnezone freeing up Arctozolt so well.
Edit: Thanks SLDR for pointing out the Landorus typo, updated. Also changed one move on Lando.​
Two days to vote

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)