Kommo-o @ Life Orb
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Clanging Scales
- Flamethrower
- Close Combat

So Zarude with its great natural bulk is a menace under veil. With weakness policy it can break through any defensive switch in in the tier, including ferrothorn, corviknight, clefable, toxapex.
Hatterene works great with screens as it prevents the defog, as well as being able to break through a lot of offence and stall
Next up is grassy seed zeraora + rillaboom. This combo helps pressure amoonguss + tangrowth, as well as allowing zarude to switch in to corviknight for the free weakness policy boost. With Zarude breaking through Ferrothorn + Corviknight, and Zeraora breaking through Amoonguss, there are no defensive mons in the tier to beat this trio.
Finally Kommo-o is the rocker for the team, while also being able to pressure Ferrothorn and helps out vs rillaboom defensively as well as clicking some strong moves.
This is one of the best teams I've used all generation, and I'm 5-0 with it currently. Shame I missed the teambuilding competition but I'll post it here anyway in case anyone wants to try it out

For future reference, if you're planning to submit something very close to the deadline again, you should message me somewhere and I can wait for it before starting the voting process.
Right okay, will keep it in mind thanks.

Ruft

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Leader
The voting phase is over! Apologies for the delay. These are the votes:
D>B>F>E>C
C>B>F>D>A
A>B>D>F=C=E
B>F>D>A>E
If we input this here, the resulting winner is team B by LockedBeast. Congratulations! Your submission will be added to the archive soon.

Week 17: Urshifu-Rapid-Strike

For the last week before the next DLC, the Pokemon to build around is Urshifu-R. You have one week to submit a team featuring it. Good luck!​

RapidShifu + Rhyperior dual Trick Balance

I built this team during Rhyperior's round in The Best Next Thing topic, and as the DLC knocks on the door, consider the team more like a showcase / farewell.

Rhyperior with the set I set out to try / discover, and it's surprisingly good at breaking cores defensive, centering on Earthquake and using lures for opponent answers, Megahorn has a chance (13/16) to KO Rillaboom without any boost or entry hazard.

Clefable naturally joins the team as a response to Rhyperior's Fight weakness.
Stealth Rock support and man, Trick Sticky Barb has such a low risk in the current metagame (hello AV Amoonguss), helping Urshifu against Toxapex / Amoonguss, not only removing Rocky Helmet but also with the damage from Sticky Barb.
8 speed EVs are just to make sure you are faster than Primarina without any investment and remove Leftovers before she hides behind a Substitute.

Mandibuzz is the second answer for Dragapult and DarkShifu. Defog support, U-turn for momentum allowing a safe switch to RapidShifu. Brave Bird and SpDef is mainly to have some answer against Volcarona, but depending on the set, mainly Bulk Roost + Giga Drain, no there is a lot to do.

Gengar is a little underestimated for what it has to offer .imo.
A speed control capable of KO / 2KO Dragapult and Zeraora, removes Toxic Spikes and still uses Trick to limit a defensive, or even offensive threat before it gets out of hand, in addition to remove another possible Rocky Helmet from the opponent.
I always used Nasty Plot but Toxic can even be better, punishing Mandibuzz, SpDef Hippo and mainly Gastrodon, which is immune to Trick.

To be honest again here, the team was not originally intended for RapidShifu, but seeing how the team was doing, RapidShifu found companions who make his life much easier. Once he needs more support than his brother Dark ends up being underestimated. Having battles a lot with this team I can say that I can count on the fingers of one hand the amount of RapidShifu opponents.
After entry hazard and Sticky Barb, even Toxapex and Amoonguss encounter problems for a switch-in. While Dragapult enters Surging strikes only once.

Finally, a resistance to Water was needed, in addition to a Steel-type, while excadrill it still looked like a huge threat. 3 Atk Spikes Ferrothorn was my choice, Spikes help a lot RapidShifu, while no one expects 3 different strokes on Ferrothorn, Knock Off is the third tool to remove/change the opponent's items, Body Press is mandatory for Excadrill and Power Whip to break the Primarina's Substitute.

Threats; As stated above, Volcarona, in addition to RapidShifu himself.
Kyurem gets 1/2 KO on everything, so if your opponent has one, it is mandatory to use RapidShifu as a lead. Rhyperior CB also does considerable damage if hit the predicts.Oh, and Rillaboom SD is a pain, try preservs Mandibuzz.

Rhyperior @ Soft Sand
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Smack Down
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Megahorn

Clefable @ Sticky Barb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Trick
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled

Mandibuzz (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- U-turn
- Brave Bird
- Defog
- Roost

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Nasty Plot / Toxic
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball

Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Choice Band
Ability: Unseen Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Surging Strikes
- Aqua Jet
- Close Combat

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- Spikes
- Knock Off
- Power Whip

Reuniclus Urshifu-R Stack Hazard

:reuniclus::clefable::urshifu::Skarmory::Tyranitar::Amoonguss:
[Import]

Building Process

:Reuniclus::Urshifu:

Well after seeing a lot of OLT match I wanted to try offensive Reuniclus with Futur Sight. This set is really cool and the principle is simple using Futur Sight and force the opponent to switch into Psychic immunity or resistance and Poison type like Toxapex or Amoonguss can't come. Now Urshifu Rapid Strike can just clicking Surging Strikes.

:reuniclus::urshifu::Clefable:

Urshifu Water and Reuniclus is really weak at Urshifu Dark so I added a Clefable to check him. I added a Sticky Barb Trick Clef because it’s really helpful against Corviknight or Blissey.

:reuniclus::urshifu::Clefable::Corviknight:

Corviknight is a good answer against Rillaboom. Can also Defog if it’s necessary and give a pivot move with U-Turn.

:reuniclus::urshifu::Clefable::Corviknight::Tyranitar:

Volcarona is a big thread, his defense special can tank giga drain, Bug Buzz at +1. Can also setup rock and thunder wave.

:reuniclus::urshifu::Clefable::tyranitar::Corviknight::amoonguss:

Finallly I added a amoonguss. Its access to a good sleep move with 100% can prevent anoying Pokémon. It’s also a good check at Zeraora and gives a water resistance.

:Corviknight: < :Skarmory:

After a lot of test I change my Corviknight to a Skarmory. Skarmory has the advantage of Whirlwind. He is also a good spikes setup which is really helpful to Reuniclus and Urshifu.

(sorry for my bad english)

Shoutout Matro the best player in the world

Last edited:

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Urshifu-R Sand Offense
1602529451432.png
1602529466604.png
1602529493330.png
1602529511017.png
1602529535190.png
1602529554686.png

Team Building Process:
This team was actually built a few weeks ago. Vertex and I wanted to build around the Magnezone + Rillaboom core, so the team started with these two members.
1602529727075.png
1602529731791.png

Adding Urshifu made perfect sense to help against Fire-types that trouble Magnezone and Rillaboom, and compliments the VoltTurn strategy.
1602529787654.png
1602529791473.png
1602529795400.png

Clefable is the best Pokemon in the metagame, and acted as a blanket check to a lot of threats.
1602529858615.png
1602529862578.png
1602529866460.png
1602529894553.png

Tyranitar covered a lot of threats also, and provided Stealth Rock and Sand support. We immediately paired Tyranitar with Excadrill, and we had our first complete version of the team.
1602529985852.png
1602530008201.png
1602530012159.png
1602530016107.png
1602530020873.png
1602530025413.png

Opposing Rillaboom and other Grass-types like Tangrowth were annoying, so we replaced Clefable with Togekiss to give us a better match up versus these Pokemon.
1602530121498.png
1602530125631.png
1602530129104.png
1602530134750.png
1602530138626.png
1602530142643.png
Description:
Rillaboom + Magnezone is a great core which is utilized fantastically on this team. General idea is Magnezone helps beat Flying-types such as Skarmory, Corviknight, and Mandibuzz that can trouble Rillaboom. Rillaboom in return has no issues taking on Ground-types like Hippowdon and Excadrill. This Rillaboom set is really unique, and there are a few options with what item you run. We've decided to use no item to bluff the Choice Band set, but we also experimented with Kebia Berry (Poison resist berry) and Grassy Seed. Rillaboom does a great job in luring and beating bulky Grass-types that could otherwise bring an Excadrill sweep to a halt. Urshifu-R provides a lot of utility for this team. It gives us a good match up against HO teams and against rain teams, while also providing U-turn and Aqua Jet. Urshifu-R is really good at it's job, and does what it needs to. Togekiss + Tyranitar are the defensive backbone to this team, and mostly sponge hits the other members can't absorb. I've experimented with Flamethrower on Togekiss, but Heal Bell provides a much better match up versus Stall teams and allows Tyranitar to more consistently use Rest. Excadrill is a great fail safe check to a lot of dangerous Pokemon, and can often sweep weakened teams with enough sand turns. Be careful when facing DD Kyurem, we kinda built this team before that set picked up steam. Vertex also managed to hit #4 on the ladder with this team, showcasing its success within the meta.
Importable:
Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Analytic
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Steel Beam

Rillaboom
Ability: Grassy Surge
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Grassy Glide
- Superpower
- Acrobatics

Adamant Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- Aqua Jet
- U-turn

Togekiss @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Heal Bell

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- Thunder Wave
- Superpower

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Rush
Jolly Nature
- High Horsepower
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Rapid Spin

Last edited:

Avendesora

"I'm no bloody hero!"
is a Tiering Contributor
Urshifu-Rapid-Strike strikes back (Urshifu-Rapid-Strike rain)

As the title suggests, this team was built around Urshifu RS. The Urshifu set I decided to use is bulk up + mystic water, due to the sheer power it has, plus the ability to set up bulk ups and increase its attack to astronomic levels (the choice band urshifu has a bit more power and has U-turn to switch out, but this set utilices bulk up in the switches that your opponent makes to take advantage of them?. The moves it carries are pretty much what it needs. A strong water stab in surging strikes, a strong priority water stab in aqua jet, and a strong fighting type stab in close combat.
The next pokemon I decided to add was Pelipper. I mean, what is a rain team without a Pelipper? It gives this team momentum, hazard removal, and rain itself. It can also spread annoying scald burns throughout the opposing team.
Next, I added the second rain abuser of the team. Seismitoad gives this team rocks, and a strong special attacker. Seismitoad also serves as an electric immunity for the team. The moves it has are pretty self explanatory: strong water stab in hydro pump, strong ground stab in Earth power and nice coverage in Focus blast.
As you can see, I have a pretty offensive team thus far, and I still need a defensive backbone to fall upon. So, the next mon which was added to the team is Tangrowth.
First, I thought of putting Ferrothorn in this slot. However, Rillaboom was such a threat that ferrothorn seemed useless, so I changed it to Tangrowth, which has a nice match up against it. Besides that, tangrowth also offers knock off support, which is quite valuable for the team, while also giving the team a way to land in more hits thanks to sleep powder. The other two moves are pretty self explanatory: giga drain as the stab move, and sludge bomb to do a tone of damage to Rillaboom, and to a lesser extend, Clefable or other fairy types such as Hatterene.
The next mon of the defensive backbone is Clefable. Clefable is a nice chekc to urshifu, which I had Tangrowth for, but having more than one check for Urshifu is quite needed in my opinion. A part from that, it is a nice dragapult answer as well, while also being able to pass wishes to the rest of the team thanks to wish + teleport.
Last but not least, I added Kyurem. It helps this team deal with fatter teams, and also beats Toxapex, a very big threat to rain teams as a whole. The set is the standard sub roost set, with earth power as the coverage move of choice. The 56 hp evs make Kyurem live a seismic toss from a level 100 mon always with its sub up.

Importable:
https://pokepast.es/9c54a7ad19637c4c

Final notes: Dragapult is a big threat to this team, though it is manageable if you conserve the health on your clefable.

big shoutouts to Sheik again, for suggesting I should use Tangrowth instead of Ferrothorn.

This Team Is Also Too Boring To Name:
This is the last TBC of DLC1 meta so I might as well enter it even though I have nothing interesting to share. Generic pivot-spam balance with Kyurem and WaterFu on it. WaterFu U-Turns vs Tangy, Pex, etc to safely bring in Kyurem or Zera, likewise Zera Volt Switches off of Tangy, Heatom, etc, to safely bring in Kyurem and WaterFu. Clef Corv, and T-Tar are good defensive mons that come in vs things that would want to revenge Kyu or WaterFu like Pult, Exca, Fu, Zera, etc and Corv's U-Turn and Clef's Teleport allow you to reposition again; T-Tar is the only momentum drainer with no pivoting ability, but Clef and Corv can freely come in vs things that want to kill it like Rilla and Fu so it's not difficult to reposition and start mindlessly pivoting your way back to the upper hand. Clef is WishPort to heal up chip on the breakers from Sand, hazards, Helmet and Barbs, etc as well as get them in vs nice match ups against things like Amoongy, Corv, Exca, etc. Corv runs Brave Bird to handle Rillaboom, you can freely go Corv U-Turn into Fu for support vs Exca so Body Press isn't needed. Corv is also speedy since this team, like any that relies on just a metal bird as support vs Rilla, is susceptible to RillaZone so being able to outspeed Zone and U-Turn off on it is necessary. Very standard and very ugly.
Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Foul Play
- Rock Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Rest

Corviknight (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 Spe
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- U-turn

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Teleport
- Wish
- Protect

Urshifu-Rapid-Strike (M) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- U-turn

Kyurem @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Ice Beam
- Draco Meteor
- Focus Blast

Zeraora @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Volt Absorb
Jolly Nature
- Volt Switch
- Plasma Fists
- Close Combat
- Knock Off

Last edited:

Katy

Banned deucer.
standard rain with dual-hazards
:clefable: :ferrothorn: :pelipper: :urshifu: :gyarados: :kingdra:

team:
Clefable @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Knock Off
- Body Press
- Leech Seed

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- U-turn
- Defog

Adamant Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- Aqua Jet
- U-turn

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Substitute

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Ability: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Hurricane
- Surf

description: this team is a rain build with clefable and ferrothorn as the hazard-setters, clefable sets stealth rocks whereas ferrothorn sets the spikes. both have knock off to remove annoying items and soft-boiled for clefable and leech seed for ferrothorn to have some longevity. pelipper sets the rain and maximizes them out with damp rock, and with scald it has a strong stab in rain and u-turn to gain momentum and roost to have longevity. the first breaker is urshifu-r with the standard-set which is choice banded and with surging strikes, close combat and priority aqua jet as its stab alongside u-turn for momentum. gyarados is the second rain-abuser with sub +dragon dance and waterfall + earthquake. its ability moxie makes it even more dangerous after it killed an opposing pokemon. kingdra is the last mon on this team with choice specs and the hard hitting hydro pump, draco metero and surf, furthermore it has hurricane to break through bulky grass-types like amoonguss and tangrowth.​

Last edited:

Ruft

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Leader
It's time to vote!

Reminder: the voting system used is the Ranked Pairs format (the same as CAP uses). To vote you basically order your options like this: C>B>A>D, like this A>B=C>D, or like this D>C, assuming there are 4 team options (A, B, C, and D). If you choose not to vote for all teams, the last team(s) will be assumed to be last and valued equally if more than one got left out. Additionally, don't vote for your own submission. If you have any questions about this system, by all means, contact me or lyd.

And remember, you may vote for as many or as little teams as you want!

Team A by Tio Chico
RapidShifu + Rhyperior dual Trick Balance

I built this team during Rhyperior's round in The Best Next Thing topic, and as the DLC knocks on the door, consider the team more like a showcase / farewell.

Rhyperior with the set I set out to try / discover, and it's surprisingly good at breaking cores defensive, centering on Earthquake and using lures for opponent answers, Megahorn has a chance (13/16) to KO Rillaboom without any boost or entry hazard.

Clefable naturally joins the team as a response to Rhyperior's Fight weakness.
Stealth Rock support and man, Trick Sticky Barb has such a low risk in the current metagame (hello AV Amoonguss), helping Urshifu against Toxapex / Amoonguss, not only removing Rocky Helmet but also with the damage from Sticky Barb.
8 speed EVs are just to make sure you are faster than Primarina without any investment and remove Leftovers before she hides behind a Substitute.

Mandibuzz is the second answer for Dragapult and DarkShifu. Defog support, U-turn for momentum allowing a safe switch to RapidShifu. Brave Bird and SpDef is mainly to have some answer against Volcarona, but depending on the set, mainly Bulk Roost + Giga Drain, no there is a lot to do.

Gengar is a little underestimated for what it has to offer .imo.
A speed control capable of KO / 2KO Dragapult and Zeraora, removes Toxic Spikes and still uses Trick to limit a defensive, or even offensive threat before it gets out of hand, in addition to remove another possible Rocky Helmet from the opponent.
I always used Nasty Plot but Toxic can even be better, punishing Mandibuzz, SpDef Hippo and mainly Gastrodon, which is immune to Trick.

To be honest again here, the team was not originally intended for RapidShifu, but seeing how the team was doing, RapidShifu found companions who make his life much easier. Once he needs more support than his brother Dark ends up being underestimated. Having battles a lot with this team I can say that I can count on the fingers of one hand the amount of RapidShifu opponents.
After entry hazard and Sticky Barb, even Toxapex and Amoonguss encounter problems for a switch-in. While Dragapult enters Surging strikes only once.

Finally, a resistance to Water was needed, in addition to a Steel-type, while excadrill it still looked like a huge threat. 3 Atk Spikes Ferrothorn was my choice, Spikes help a lot RapidShifu, while no one expects 3 different strokes on Ferrothorn, Knock Off is the third tool to remove/change the opponent's items, Body Press is mandatory for Excadrill and Power Whip to break the Primarina's Substitute.

Threats; As stated above, Volcarona, in addition to RapidShifu himself.
Kyurem gets 1/2 KO on everything, so if your opponent has one, it is mandatory to use RapidShifu as a lead. Rhyperior CB also does considerable damage if hit the predicts.Oh, and Rillaboom SD is a pain, try preservs Mandibuzz.

Rhyperior @ Soft Sand
Ability: Solid Rock
Adamant Nature
- Smack Down
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Megahorn

Clefable @ Sticky Barb
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Trick
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled

Mandibuzz (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- U-turn
- Brave Bird
- Defog
- Roost

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Nasty Plot / Toxic
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball

Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Surging Strikes
- Aqua Jet
- Close Combat

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- Spikes
- Knock Off
- Power Whip
Team B by KiruxOnTheFlux
Reuniclus Urshifu-R Stack Hazard

:reuniclus::clefable::urshifu::Skarmory::Tyranitar::Amoonguss:
[Import]

Building Process

:Reuniclus::Urshifu:

Well after seeing a lot of OLT match I wanted to try offensive Reuniclus with Futur Sight. This set is really cool and the principle is simple using Futur Sight and force the opponent to switch into Psychic immunity or resistance and Poison type like Toxapex or Amoonguss can't come. Now Urshifu Rapid Strike can just clicking Surging Strikes.

:reuniclus::urshifu::Clefable:

Urshifu Water and Reuniclus is really weak at Urshifu Dark so I added a Clefable to check him. I added a Sticky Barb Trick Clef because it’s really helpful against Corviknight or Blissey.

:reuniclus::urshifu::Clefable::Corviknight:

Corviknight is a good answer against Rillaboom. Can also Defog if it’s necessary and give a pivot move with U-Turn.

:reuniclus::urshifu::Clefable::Corviknight::Tyranitar:

Volcarona is a big thread, his defense special can tank giga drain, Bug Buzz at +1. Can also setup rock and thunder wave.

:reuniclus::urshifu::Clefable::tyranitar::Corviknight::amoonguss:

Finallly I added a amoonguss. Its access to a good sleep move with 100% can prevent anoying Pokémon. It’s also a good check at Zeraora and gives a water resistance.

:Corviknight: < :Skarmory:

After a lot of test I change my Corviknight to a Skarmory. Skarmory has the advantage of Whirlwind. He is also a good spikes setup which is really helpful to Reuniclus and Urshifu.

(sorry for my bad english)
Team C by ShootingStarmie
Urshifu-R Sand Offense
View attachment 281719 View attachment 281720 View attachment 281721 View attachment 281722 View attachment 281723 View attachment 281724

Team Building Process:
This team was actually built a few weeks ago. Vertex and I wanted to build around the Magnezone + Rillaboom core, so the team started with these two members.
View attachment 281726View attachment 281727
Adding Urshifu made perfect sense to help against Fire-types that trouble Magnezone and Rillaboom, and compliments the VoltTurn strategy.
View attachment 281728View attachment 281729View attachment 281730
Clefable is the best Pokemon in the metagame, and acted as a blanket check to a lot of threats.
View attachment 281731View attachment 281732View attachment 281733View attachment 281734
Tyranitar covered a lot of threats also, and provided Stealth Rock and Sand support. We immediately paired Tyranitar with Excadrill, and we had our first complete version of the team.
View attachment 281735View attachment 281736View attachment 281737View attachment 281738View attachment 281739View attachment 281740
Opposing Rillaboom and other Grass-types like Tangrowth were annoying, so we replaced Clefable with Togekiss to give us a better match up versus these Pokemon.
View attachment 281741View attachment 281742View attachment 281743View attachment 281744View attachment 281745View attachment 281746
Description:
Rillaboom + Magnezone is a great core which is utilized fantastically on this team. General idea is Magnezone helps beat Flying-types such as Skarmory, Corviknight, and Mandibuzz that can trouble Rillaboom. Rillaboom in return has no issues taking on Ground-types like Hippowdon and Excadrill. This Rillaboom set is really unique, and there are a few options with what item you run. We've decided to use no item to bluff the Choice Band set, but we also experimented with Kebia Berry (Poison resist berry) and Grassy Seed. Rillaboom does a great job in luring and beating bulky Grass-types that could otherwise bring an Excadrill sweep to a halt. Urshifu-R provides a lot of utility for this team. It gives us a good match up against HO teams and against rain teams, while also providing U-turn and Aqua Jet. Urshifu-R is really good at it's job, and does what it needs to. Togekiss + Tyranitar are the defensive backbone to this team, and mostly sponge hits the other members can't absorb. I've experimented with Flamethrower on Togekiss, but Heal Bell provides a much better match up versus Stall teams and allows Tyranitar to more consistently use Rest. Excadrill is a great fail safe check to a lot of dangerous Pokemon, and can often sweep weakened teams with enough sand turns. Be careful when facing DD Kyurem, we kinda built this team before that set picked up steam. Vertex also managed to hit #4 on the ladder with this team, showcasing its success within the meta.
Importable:
Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Analytic
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Steel Beam

Rillaboom
Ability: Grassy Surge
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Grassy Glide
- Superpower
- Acrobatics

Adamant Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- Aqua Jet
- U-turn

Togekiss @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Heal Bell

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- Thunder Wave
- Superpower

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Rush
Jolly Nature
- High Horsepower
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Rapid Spin
Team D by LockedBeast
Urshifu-Rapid-Strike strikes back (Urshifu-Rapid-Strike rain)

As the title suggests, this team was built around Urshifu RS. The Urshifu set I decided to use is bulk up + mystic water, due to the sheer power it has, plus the ability to set up bulk ups and increase its attack to astronomic levels (the choice band urshifu has a bit more power and has U-turn to switch out, but this set utilices bulk up in the switches that your opponent makes to take advantage of them?. The moves it carries are pretty much what it needs. A strong water stab in surging strikes, a strong priority water stab in aqua jet, and a strong fighting type stab in close combat.
The next pokemon I decided to add was Pelipper. I mean, what is a rain team without a Pelipper? It gives this team momentum, hazard removal, and rain itself. It can also spread annoying scald burns throughout the opposing team.
Next, I added the second rain abuser of the team. Seismitoad gives this team rocks, and a strong special attacker. Seismitoad also serves as an electric immunity for the team. The moves it has are pretty self explanatory: strong water stab in hydro pump, strong ground stab in Earth power and nice coverage in Focus blast.
As you can see, I have a pretty offensive team thus far, and I still need a defensive backbone to fall upon. So, the next mon which was added to the team is Tangrowth.
First, I thought of putting Ferrothorn in this slot. However, Rillaboom was such a threat that ferrothorn seemed useless, so I changed it to Tangrowth, which has a nice match up against it. Besides that, tangrowth also offers knock off support, which is quite valuable for the team, while also giving the team a way to land in more hits thanks to sleep powder. The other two moves are pretty self explanatory: giga drain as the stab move, and sludge bomb to do a tone of damage to Rillaboom, and to a lesser extend, Clefable or other fairy types such as Hatterene.
The next mon of the defensive backbone is Clefable. Clefable is a nice chekc to urshifu, which I had Tangrowth for, but having more than one check for Urshifu is quite needed in my opinion. A part from that, it is a nice dragapult answer as well, while also being able to pass wishes to the rest of the team thanks to wish + teleport.
Last but not least, I added Kyurem. It helps this team deal with fatter teams, and also beats Toxapex, a very big threat to rain teams as a whole. The set is the standard sub roost set, with earth power as the coverage move of choice. The 56 hp evs make Kyurem live a seismic toss from a level 100 mon always with its sub up.

Importable:
https://pokepast.es/9c54a7ad19637c4c

Final notes: Dragapult is a big threat to this team, though it is manageable if you conserve the health on your clefable.

big shoutouts to Sheik again, for suggesting I should use Tangrowth instead of Ferrothorn.
Team E by Tapeworm

This Team Is Also Too Boring To Name:
This is the last TBC of DLC1 meta so I might as well enter it even though I have nothing interesting to share. Generic pivot-spam balance with Kyurem and WaterFu on it. WaterFu U-Turns vs Tangy, Pex, etc to safely bring in Kyurem or Zera, likewise Zera Volt Switches off of Tangy, Heatom, etc, to safely bring in Kyurem and WaterFu. Clef Corv, and T-Tar are good defensive mons that come in vs things that would want to revenge Kyu or WaterFu like Pult, Exca, Fu, Zera, etc and Corv's U-Turn and Clef's Teleport allow you to reposition again; T-Tar is the only momentum drainer with no pivoting ability, but Clef and Corv can freely come in vs things that want to kill it like Rilla and Fu so it's not difficult to reposition and start mindlessly pivoting your way back to the upper hand. Clef is WishPort to heal up chip on the breakers from Sand, hazards, Helmet and Barbs, etc as well as get them in vs nice match ups against things like Amoongy, Corv, Exca, etc. Corv runs Brave Bird to handle Rillaboom, you can freely go Corv U-Turn into Fu for support vs Exca so Body Press isn't needed. Corv is also speedy since this team, like any that relies on just a metal bird as support vs Rilla, is susceptible to RillaZone so being able to outspeed Zone and U-Turn off on it is necessary. Very standard and very ugly.
Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Foul Play
- Rock Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Rest

Corviknight (M) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 Spe
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- U-turn

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Teleport
- Wish
- Protect

Urshifu-Rapid-Strike (M) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- U-turn

Kyurem @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Ice Beam
- Draco Meteor
- Focus Blast

Zeraora @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Volt Absorb
Jolly Nature
- Volt Switch
- Plasma Fists
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
Team F by Katy
standard rain with dual-hazards
:clefable: :ferrothorn: :pelipper: :urshifu: :gyarados: :kingdra:

team:
Clefable @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Knock Off
- Body Press
- Leech Seed

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- U-turn
- Defog

Adamant Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- Aqua Jet
- U-turn

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Substitute

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Ability: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Hurricane
- Surf

description: this team is a rain build with clefable and ferrothorn as the hazard-setters, clefable sets stealth rocks whereas ferrothorn sets the spikes. both have knock off to remove annoying items and soft-boiled for clefable and leech seed for ferrothorn to have some longevity. pelipper sets the rain and maximizes them out with damp rock, and with scald it has a strong stab in rain and u-turn to gain momentum and roost to have longevity. the first breaker is urshifu-r with the standard-set which is choice banded and with surging strikes, close combat and priority aqua jet as its stab alongside u-turn for momentum. gyarados is the second rain-abuser with sub +dragon dance and waterfall + earthquake. its ability moxie makes it even more dangerous after it killed an opposing pokemon. kingdra is the last mon on this team with choice specs and the hard hitting hydro pump, draco metero and surf, furthermore it has hurricane to break through bulky grass-types like amoonguss and tangrowth.​
The voting phase will end in about 2 days, when the thread will be locked for a little while for the new DLC.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)