Project SS OU Teambuilding Competition - Not hosted anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
A very FUN team
:hydreigon: :clefable: :scizor: :toxapex: :dragapult: :corviknight:
Pokepast in Sprites :)

This team is built around the offensive core of Hydreigon + Dragapult and the defensive core of Clefable + Toxapex + Corviknight, with a little Scizor on top to add a bit more spice, the general core and sets are very standard but it is still worth explaining, NP Hydreigon and Specs Dragapult have incredible synergy when teaming up so that they can easily beat up their common shaky checks like Clefable or Mandibuzz, this synergy is further complemented by Scizor which is also very effective at luring some mons like Toxapex for Hydreigon to boost up on, After Hydreigon has removed or at least heavily chunked the defensive backbone of the opponent either Scizor or Dragapult can clean up depending on their team composition.

These three scary guys have the classic ClefPexCorv core to fall back on, while it has fallen out of favor it still is incredibly effective as Nidoking and its usage have plummeted in recent times, covering top threats like Kyurem, Dragapult, Rillaboom and others. The only change to standards sets is that I am using T wave instead of knock off in Clef as I am not lacking in Heatran switchins and the added Speed Control and boost to Dragapul's Hex is much better. The team is in general very resiliant with many forms of reliable recovery, it functions with the idea of stacking a bunch of soft counters to the whole meta, eg: If Volcarona isn't carrying Psychic it is completely owned by Haze Toxapex and if it is Clefable can paralyze it and NP Hydreigon can win the 1v1 without Hax. This whole philosophy is also in mind when handling other threats like Tapu Lele and CM Clefable.

Games will definetively won't be very fast with this team as it requiers slow play to scout the sets of the opponent and wear down the opposition for a clean up, but at the end of the day it is still a very consistent team that I like.

:Hydreigon::Dragapult::Scizor::Rotom-Wash::Landorus-Therian::Slowking-Galar:

Initially was trying to build a Hydreigon team based off of its Roost + 3 Attacks set, but was having some trouble deciding the last few members of the team. Then I noticed that there was a sample team that was using similar mons to the ones I wanted to use, only with Kyurem instead of Hydreigon. So I stole that team, swapped Specs Kyurem for Specs Hydreigon, and made some other adjustments after playing around a few games. So far, the results have been better than I expected.

Specs Hydreigon is actually pretty legit. It doesn't get worn down as fast as LO Hydreigon, and is quite powerful while also sitting at a pretty good speed tier. Its speed lets it get the jump on a number of mons like Landorus-T, Urshifu, and Tapu Lele. What's really awesome is that it also has the power to OHKO a lot of these mons (specifically Urshifu-RS & Landorus-T), so if you predict the opponent's lead correctly, they may start down a mon. U-Turn is also a really awesome tool it has over Kyurem since it deals pretty respectable chip to some of its switch-ins like Tapu Lele. And hard countering most Slowking is pretty great as well. It pairs well with Specs Pult since it can soften up a number of pults checks (or mons that can take a single hit from Pult) in to early game like Tornadus, Clefable, and Heatran so Pult can clean up later.

Scizor and Rotom-W pair up pretty well with these two, supporting them via the Volt-turn combo and providing a nice buffer against mons that would be annoying for Pult / Hydreigon to face or switch into like Tapu Lele, Clefable, Blissey, Landorus-T, Corviknight, etc. Their Slow U-Turn and Volt Switch can also bring in the two dragons easily to wreck havoc. Rotom's Wisp has also been very nice to give Scizor ez setup oppurtunities on mons like Rillaboom, Landorus-T, etc.

Landorus-Therian and Slowking-Galar are there to add a bit more defensive Utility (Specifically against Tapu Koko), but if I'm being honest, both have been kinda useless so far. I faced a few weather teams, so Landorus usually got evirated by stuff I wanted it to take a hit from. I think it probably is a good fit for this team, but maybe a different EV spread and Toxic need to be used. Slowking-G is here as a blanket special check, and its done OK, but its a bit of a momentum drain. Its certainly better than Bisharp on this team, which felt redundant with Hydreigon, but I think there may be better options for the last slot (specifically a mon that deals with Volcarona and Dragapult, maybe Heatran?).

Unfortunately won't be able to test this team more handful of games I played since I've got a tight schedule coming up in the upcoming weeks. There's definitely a lot of room for improvement for the team, but I was pleasantly surprised by how good specs Hydreigon ended up being. I recall running this set back in the 2014 ORAS metagame for similar reasons I mentioned here (great speed tier, U-Turn, Strong, immunity to Spikes & no Life Orb recoil) and its arguably better in SW due to the metagame being slower and it pairing so well with Dragapult.

(modest) np hydrei stall

:ditto: :hydreigon: :toxapex::skarmory: :shedinja: :quagsire:
click the sprites for the paste!

this is one of my best iterations of semi-stall. i built this team around modest hydrei since it is extremely stable on stall teams, forcing a ton of progress and eases prediction against a ton of threats in the meta, often getting a free boost and winning games quickly. it also has the potential to get rolls that it couldnt possibly get with rocks up. compared to timid hydreigon, modest lets breakers get even more momentum generated off of it. with that being said i tried my best to cover (most) of hydreigon's major weaknesses. mixed shed is another wincon that annoys opposing stall teams after a boost or burning an opposing pokemon. its freely able to pick and choose its checks and heavily annoy cm clef with sd + polter, which is a major threat to stall teams it usually cant get by. shed can use this as setup fodder, and due to hydrei being revenge killed quite easily i slapped ditto to do an (eventual) sweep vs ubiquitous sweepers and pex / quagsire to check weavile and choice banded bisharp. sr skarm may be goofy compared to spikes but i was very proud with this version in general and ditto seemed like a staple; the last thing i wanted was for hydrei to be very easy rkilled by offense but thats the general nature of stall

general threats: lele, cb bisharp, weavile. give ditto very free switches and attempt to pressure with hydreigon and force stalemates vs the opposing team.

why not corviknight?

its difficult to be creative with stall teams but that wasnt my direct intention until later in the build when things began to come together. i tried to compress skarm and decided to live with the bad lele matchup for some reason :psywoke:

ditto seemed super versatile on the team too; i had an initial version with hippo skarm pex corv foreshadowing the tss styles in adv but that was scrapped.

why sr skarm lol?

read above

tl;dr smash opposing stall teams and fat balance with hydrei + ditto, goofy shedinja easily answers cm clef which is usually difficult to outplay if positioned properly.

Last edited:

airfare

is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OUPL Champion
It's time to vote!

Reminder: the voting system used is the Ranked Pairs format (the same as CAP uses). To vote you basically order your options like this: C>B>A>D, like this A>B=C>D, or like this D>C, assuming there are 4 team options (A, B, C, and D). If you choose not to vote for all teams, the last team(s) will be assumed to be last and valued equally if more than one got left out. Additionally, don't vote for your own submission. If you have any questions, by all means, contact me.

Team A by Katy
Hydreigon Bulky Offense

:landorus-Therian: :corviknight: :slowking: :zeraora: :hydreigon: :dragapult:
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn
- Brave Bird

Slowking @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Future Sight
- Teleport

Zeraora @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Volt Switch
- Close Combat
- Knock Off

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power
- Dark Pulse
- Roost

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Flamethrower

this team is with offensive hydreigon and choice specs dragapult as the dual-dragon-core to pressure a lot of pokemon in the metagame. landorus-t and slowking are the core of choice, as they're both pretty good in the metagame with landorus-t knocking off pokemons items and slowking with creating momentum and forcing progress with future sight support. zeraora and corviknight work well together as a core, as corviknight handles rillaboom and kartana, and zeraora is a great electric immune alongside landorus-t. corviknight has brave bird, to dish out huge damage on volcarona, as this team has a weakness to it. but with dual knock off and brave bird-corviknight volcarona should be dealable with and with offensive pressure volcarona isnt able to get much opportunities. in overall this team is build with zeraora, hydreigon, and dragapult as breakers and with defensive support given by landorus-t, corviknight, and slowking.​
Team B by AquaVanilla
Nasty Plot Hydreigon + Urshifu Rapid Strike Bulky Offense

:urshifu: :corviknight: :zeraora: :landorus-therian: :hydreigon: :slowking-galar:

This team was built around nasty plot hydreigon since it’s a pretty good wall breaker in the ou meta and has the coverage to hit most of the Meta neutrally, roost was added for longevity and flash cannon was added to deal with clef and fairies and dark pulse is a great stab to hit everything else neutrally

I added urshifu rapid strike bc hydra struggles with blissey here and other special walls so I added it and urshifu rapid strike also benefits from hydra since hydra destroys slowtwins and grass types, urshifu also gives uturn momentum. These 2 overwhelmed a lot of things in the meta.

I added slowking galar because the team needed a koko counter and kyurem check and the given ev spread lives 3 shadow balls from specs timid dragapult. Earthquake is here to wall heatran also. It also gives future sight support that helps hydra and urshifu.

Corviknight was added here bc urshifu and hydra benefit from corvs uturn and they appreciate Defog support and the team struggles vs Rilla and kart so I added corv.

Team needed rocks and a ground type and needed a zeraora check so i added landot + also provides uturn and toxic to overwhelm things and provides a solid core with glowking and corviknight and benefits from urshifus uturn and hydras wallbreaking.

Zeraora was added here bc I needed some speed control and a knock off user while also offensively checking dragapult. Zeraora also provides voltturn and benefits a lot from hydra and urshifu since they both overwhelm its checks.
Have a great day!! :blobwizard:
Team C by Sagdiyev V2
WRATH OF DENNIS - A Hydreigon Offense BuildView attachment 342309

:hydreigon: :tapu_lele: :landorus_therian: :heatran: :scizor: :hawlucha:
Click above for the paste.

:bw/hydreigon:
Choice Specs Hydreigon doesn’t hit like a truck. It hits like 50 freight trains going at 1,000 miles per second. I chose a moveset of U-turn, Draco Meteor, Dark Pulse and Fire Blast to have good coverage and keep momentum on the team. The final move slot after U-turn and the STABs were difficult, but I used Fire Blast since I think this team handles Heatran very well and I needed the hit on Corviknight, who is immune to Earth Power, laughs at Flash Cannon and Draco Meteor, but doesn’t like Dark Pulse or Fire Blast. Fire Blast was a safe 50/50 for it staying in or switching to a partner like Clefable.
hail hydra.

:ss/tapu_lele:
After using Specs Hydreigon and not Scarf, I now needed a Dragapult check. Scarf Tapu Lele can’t switch into Shadow Ball, but it takes 0% from Draco Meteor and can OHKO with Moonblast. I used the standard moveset with Moonblast, Focus Blast, Psychic and Psyshock because it works out well.

:bw/landorus_therian:
The king of OU comes on this team as a Corviknight check, a secondary ground immunity and as the electric immunity. A set of Defog, U-turn, Knock Off and Earthquake makes for a great bulky Pokémon while the given spread maximizes Landorus’ HP, outruns utility Tapu Fini to escape Scald, and puts the rest into special defense to increase bulk on that side, since thanks to Intimidate, it has good physical bulk already.

:bw/heatran:
Heatran is the rocker for the team. It forms a beautiful defensive-offensive core with Lando, making stuff it might struggle with, like metal birds disappear. It also murders stall, and owns some mons on defense which may stop a rampage from any teammates. The standard set of Taunt, Magma Storm, Earth Power and Stealth Rock works very well here, as it is a bulky mon who can use the free turns it generates to set up rocks, taunt walls and temporarily trap something.

:bw/scizor:
I noticed this team struggled with Kyurem, so I picked up specially defensive Scizor who can also threaten Dragapult, keep momentum with u-turn, check the monke, have utility with Knock Off, and in general be a great tank with roost. Overall, this is a wonderful Pokémon who can take a hit and fire back.

:xy/hawlucha:
Hawlucha, while usually relegated to hyper-offense is a great fit for the team. It provides speed control in the form of Unburden, is a great endgame cleaner and is stopped by absolutely nothing when threats are gone.
The standard set of Swords Dance, Taunt, Acrobatics and Close Combat runs through weakened teams, and if Tapu Lele and/or Hydreigon is still alive, it also functions as a pretty good mid game wallbreaker.

Checks & Counters
Weavile may be something this team struggles with. In conjunction with its high speed, nothing wants to switch into Knock Off or Triple Axel. Corviknight also can switch into some Pokémon, however it can be overwhelmed. Dragapult may be an issue, as you have to pivot with Scizor and/or Heatran to get Tapu Lele in.

Overall, I hope you have fun with this team!

hail hydra.
Team E by TotomonGang
A very FUN team
:hydreigon: :clefable: :scizor: :toxapex: :dragapult: :corviknight:
Pokepast in Sprites :)

This team is built around the offensive core of Hydreigon + Dragapult and the defensive core of Clefable + Toxapex + Corviknight, with a little Scizor on top to add a bit more spice, the general core and sets are very standard but it is still worth explaining, NP Hydreigon and Specs Dragapult have incredible synergy when teaming up so that they can easily beat up their common shaky checks like Clefable or Mandibuzz, this synergy is further complemented by Scizor which is also very effective at luring some mons like Toxapex for Hydreigon to boost up on, After Hydreigon has removed or at least heavily chunked the defensive backbone of the opponent either Scizor or Dragapult can clean up depending on their team composition.

These three scary guys have the classic ClefPexCorv core to fall back on, while it has fallen out of favor it still is incredibly effective as Nidoking and its usage have plummeted in recent times, covering top threats like Kyurem, Dragapult, Rillaboom and others. The only change to standards sets is that I am using T wave instead of knock off in Clef as I am not lacking in Heatran switchins and the added Speed Control and boost to Dragapul's Hex is much better. The team is in general very resiliant with many forms of reliable recovery, it functions with the idea of stacking a bunch of soft counters to the whole meta, eg: If Volcarona isn't carrying Psychic it is completely owned by Haze Toxapex and if it is Clefable can paralyze it and NP Hydreigon can win the 1v1 without Hax. This whole philosophy is also in mind when handling other threats like Tapu Lele and CM Clefable.

Games will definetively won't be very fast with this team as it requiers slow play to scout the sets of the opponent and wear down the opposition for a clean up, but at the end of the day it is still a very consistent team that I like.
Team F by Magcargo
:Hydreigon::Dragapult::Scizor::Rotom-Wash::Landorus-Therian::Slowking-Galar:

Initially was trying to build a Hydreigon team based off of its Roost + 3 Attacks set, but was having some trouble deciding the last few members of the team. Then I noticed that there was a sample team that was using similar mons to the ones I wanted to use, only with Kyurem instead of Hydreigon. So I stole that team, swapped Specs Kyurem for Specs Hydreigon, and made some other adjustments after playing around a few games. So far, the results have been better than I expected.

Specs Hydreigon is actually pretty legit. It doesn't get worn down as fast as LO Hydreigon, and is quite powerful while also sitting at a pretty good speed tier. Its speed lets it get the jump on a number of mons like Landorus-T, Urshifu, and Tapu Lele. What's really awesome is that it also has the power to OHKO a lot of these mons (specifically Urshifu-RS & Landorus-T), so if you predict the opponent's lead correctly, they may start down a mon. U-Turn is also a really awesome tool it has over Kyurem since it deals pretty respectable chip to some of its switch-ins like Tapu Lele. And hard countering most Slowking is pretty great as well. It pairs well with Specs Pult since it can soften up a number of pults checks (or mons that can take a single hit from Pult) in to early game like Tornadus, Clefable, and Heatran so Pult can clean up later.

Scizor and Rotom-W pair up pretty well with these two, supporting them via the Volt-turn combo and providing a nice buffer against mons that would be annoying for Pult / Hydreigon to face or switch into like Tapu Lele, Clefable, Blissey, Landorus-T, Corviknight, etc. Their Slow U-Turn and Volt Switch can also bring in the two dragons easily to wreck havoc. Rotom's Wisp has also been very nice to give Scizor ez setup oppurtunities on mons like Rillaboom, Landorus-T, etc.

Landorus-Therian and Slowking-Galar are there to add a bit more defensive Utility (Specifically against Tapu Koko), but if I'm being honest, both have been kinda useless so far. I faced a few weather teams, so Landorus usually got evirated by stuff I wanted it to take a hit from. I think it probably is a good fit for this team, but maybe a different EV spread and Toxic need to be used. Slowking-G is here as a blanket special check, and its done OK, but its a bit of a momentum drain. Its certainly better than Bisharp on this team, which felt redundant with Hydreigon, but I think there may be better options for the last slot (specifically a mon that deals with Volcarona and Dragapult, maybe Heatran?).

Unfortunately won't be able to test this team more handful of games I played since I've got a tight schedule coming up in the upcoming weeks. There's definitely a lot of room for improvement for the team, but I was pleasantly surprised by how good specs Hydreigon ended up being. I recall running this set back in the 2014 ORAS metagame for similar reasons I mentioned here (great speed tier, U-Turn, Strong, immunity to Spikes & no Life Orb recoil) and its arguably better in SW due to the metagame being slower and it pairing so well with Dragapult.
Team G by t045t3r
(modest) np hydrei stall

:ditto: :hydreigon: :toxapex::skarmory: :shedinja: :quagsire:
click the sprites for the paste!

this is one of my best iterations of semi-stall. i built this team around modest hydrei since it is extremely stable on stall teams, forcing a ton of progress and eases prediction against a ton of threats in the meta, often getting a free boost and winning games quickly. it also has the potential to get rolls that it couldnt possibly get with rocks up. compared to timid hydreigon, modest lets breakers get even more momentum generated off of it. with that being said i tried my best to cover (most) of hydreigon's major weaknesses. mixed shed is another wincon that annoys opposing stall teams after a boost or burning an opposing pokemon. its freely able to pick and choose its checks and heavily annoy cm clef with sd + polter, which is a major threat to stall teams it usually cant get by. shed can use this as setup fodder, and due to hydrei being revenge killed quite easily i slapped ditto to do an (eventual) sweep vs ubiquitous sweepers and pex / quagsire to check weavile and choice banded bisharp. sr skarm may be goofy compared to spikes but i was very proud with this version in general and ditto seemed like a staple; the last thing i wanted was for hydrei to be very easy rkilled by offense but thats the general nature of stall

general threats: lele, cb bisharp, weavile. give ditto very free switches and attempt to pressure with hydreigon and force stalemates vs the opposing team.

why not corviknight?

its difficult to be creative with stall teams but that wasnt my direct intention until later in the build when things began to come together. i tried to compress skarm and decided to live with the bad lele matchup for some reason :psywoke:

ditto seemed super versatile on the team too; i had an initial version with hippo skarm pex corv foreshadowing the tss styles in adv but that was scrapped.

why sr skarm lol?

read above

tl;dr smash opposing stall teams and fat balance with hydrei + ditto, goofy shedinja easily answers cm clef which is usually difficult to outplay if positioned properly.

You have 2 days to vote.

this was a difficult vote as all of the teams were cool submissions, my submission doesnt count in my vote for obvious reasons

a = b > f > e > c

team e looks extremely annoyed by zeraora, A and B are both looking good with bulky offense done right. i esp like the idea of watershifu on team B to lure in blissey with both A and B layering support and compounding the focal point's weaknesses. team C has some strange terminology, i like the general idea but defensive mons threw me off the most (as lucha exclusively belongs to hyper offense which this could easily turn into). team f was p nice

checking weavile done right with all of the squads due to the exclusive fits of sciz on 3 of the teams and the rest of the squads having some very outplayable MUs, nice submissions!

Last edited:

airfare

is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OUPL Champion
Sorry for being a day late this week, and thank you all for voting! Hydreigon's voting phase is over, here are your votes:
A>C>B=G>F
A = B > F > E > C
E > G = A > F > B > C
F>A>G>E>B=C
G > A = C > F > B = E
B>A>F>E>C>G
F>B>A>E>C>G
A > E > F > B > G
A = B > C > E > F > G
A>G>F=E=C=B

After entering the votes here, the winner for this week is Katy! Congrats, your submission will be added to the archive.
Week 34: Tornadus-Therian

Tornadus-Therian functions best on bulky offense teams as a wallbreaker with Nasty Plot or a defensive pivot with Defog. You have until Monday to submit a team built around Tornadus-Therian.​

let me just say
the modern torn-t sprite is fucking ugly.

GOTTA GO FAST! A Speedy Offensive Build

Speed control is something that’s probably one of the most important things in building any team in competitive Pokémon. Be it trick room in doubles, or having 4 Pokémon faster than base 120 speed here, being able to outspeed and KO the enemy before they move is important.

:tornadus_therian: :dragapult: :weavile: :zeraora: :ferrothorn: :swampert:
Click above for the team.

:bw/tornadus_therian:
The defogger of the team, this bird/pillarman thingy gets rid of rocks and spikes before he can get taunted, removes items, and gains momentum with uturn. This can be a huge boon compared to something like Corviknight, which is bulky, but slow and can get magnezone’d and have advantage taken of by something like Tapu Koko or Heatran.

:ss/dragapult:
specs pult broken pls nerf gf.
Real shit, this stuff is so damn hard to switch into. Stuff just gets u-turned on and owned by its shadow ball or draco meteor hard. I chose fire blast over hex because I didn’t want to get owned by Ferrothorn, however you can use Thunder/bolt to destroy Mandibuzz, Hydro Pump for lando-t, and other coverage.

:bw/weavile:
Knock Off Spam has never been better. Softening up stuff like Clefable, Heatran and Ferrothorn for a late game Pult cleanup is incredibly easy, and ice stab is hard to switch into as Mamoswine and friends have taught us many times before. It’s also a huge winner of Torn’s fast Defog and pivot, since this isn’t using boots.

:ss/zeraora:
EVEN MORE SPEED CONTROL!!!!!!
Electric immunity, good physical attack, knock off and momentum, which can autowin games on its own. Simply its presence on the field forces people to go to their grounds, which get owned by Weavile.

:bw/ferrothorn:
Bulky mon who can take a shit ton of hits. Sets up spikes, leech seed, removes items and is a general annoyance. I’d run body press for Zone, and twave but 4mss, and standard usually works.

:bw/swampert:
Rocks, a pivot move, and a secondary and bulky electric immunity allows this fringe pick to work out well. HHP over EQ is an option for those who fear the monkey.

Checks & Counters
Scarf Lando-T with a fighting move may be a massive problem, given that it can do heavy damage to the team and force Tornadus.
Rillazone is also something that may be difficult to deal with, given that the duo goes well together, and can pick apart the team.
Opposing Weavile may be an issue, given that nothing wants to take either stab move, or low kick.
Games will go quickly but not too fast, since you are building offensive pressure with your speed, but need to back up on thorn and pert to set up hazards.

I hope you enjoy this team!

Rae

valiance and vigor
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Where the teams at? Also gonna (maybe) try transfer a trend over from UU to OU where some of us like to post a song with the team, so enjoy!

Torn-T + Koko VoltTurn

:ss/tornadus-therian: :ss/tapu koko::ss/dragapult: :ss/urshifu-rapid-strike: :ss/slowking::ss/landorus-therian:

This team is reasonably simple to explain. Tornadus-Therian and Tapu Koko are both fast offensive pivots, with Torn able to aid the team with Knock Off and Defog and Tapu Koko providing a check to common Urshifu-R switch-ins like Corviknight, Dragonite and Buzzwole. Dragapult felt like a natural fit here, an incredible breaker that benefits from the Pokemon that check Koko and Torn and also creating an excellent offensive core, in conjuction with the next member - Urshifu-R. Both are major threats and are able to overwhelm a majority of the tier together, especially with Future Sight support provided by Slowking and Stealth rocks chip by Lando-T. Something interesting to note is that you are able to pivot with all of the team members, meaning that gaining momentum is super easy for the team.

That's it for today! Have a great day, hope you enjoy the team! (lets try get some more submissions!)

Ox the Fox

is a Tiering Contributorwon the 8th Official Ladder Tournamentis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Smogon Charity Bowl IV Winner
:Tornadus-Therian: :Slowking: :Kartana: :Weavile: :Garchomp: :Rillaboom:
https://pokepast.es/d9fca2571026379d

A really fun futureport offense that beats down a lot of the same checks between kart weav and rilla. Torn-t fits great here as a utility defog mon and checks a lot of threatening mons such as rillaboom and kartana. Rilla is SD acrobatics with no item to lure in buzzwole which can otherwise be extremely annoying to break for this team. I run no item because if you're grassy seed it becomes obvious you're acrobatics.

Fc

Waiting for something to happen?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a defending SCL Champion
Ubers Leader
Nasty Plot Tornadus-T + Nature Power Heatran

:tornadus-therian: :tapu-koko: :heatran: :corviknight: :hippowdon: :toxapex:

I build this team with the idea of baiting in standard pivots for Tornadus-T and having strong defensive walls to its offensive checks so that it can break as effectively as possible. I wanted to build with Nature Power Heatran first, since Slowking Teleporting around with fast revenge killers such as Dragapult, combined with the miss chance from Hurrican meant it can put a stop to Torn's breaking quite often. Koko was chosen over bulu/rilla just for more speed control, helping out against opposing koko, Weavile, etc while also being a pivot and opposing torn check. Heatran outruns Adamant Bisharp and can still trap most targets it needs to. Corviknight was put on as a pivot into Garchomp which can be revenge killed by Koko after a U-turn, as well as being a sturdy defogger and another lele pivot among other things like strengthening the Kyurem and pult mu's when paired with pex / Heatran / Hippo. Hippo was the next addition to the team, as I needed a rocker since Heatran was Nature Power as well as a Ground-type to help with Zeraora and Tapu Koko that threatened Torn. Another big thing Hippowdon gave was sand support, allowing torn to run Weather Ball in sand to hit Zapdos at +2 super hard, breaking one of its better checks. With Heatran also being an issue, Sp.def Hippo fit quite well as it can even be a backup check to things like lele and pult when they're locked into a move, which I can scout with either Corviknight against pult or with the last mon on the team, Toxapex. The team lacked a water resist, meaning rain and Urshifu-R in general was just a super tough mu. Toxapex shored up that while also giving a pivot into many breakers like Dragapult and a Haze mon against threats like Cloyster. I think it's a super important team member just for its defensive capability. The spread always lives Modest Specs Kyurem Freeze Dry, has a good chance to live 2 Dragapult Draco's after the drop, and even lives Life Orb Garchomp EQ among other calcs I don't remember off the top of my head, but it's useful here regardless.

I quickly tested the team and it went 4-0 in its first few games, and things played just as I hoped with the structure, here's a few examples :

[Gen 8] OU replay: Fc04 vs. Rmsg test - Pokémon Showdown (pokemonshowdown.com)
[Gen 8] OU replay: clefable balance vs. Fc04 - Pokémon Showdown (pokemonshowdown.com)
[Gen 8] OU replay: kaleor vs. Fc04 - Pokémon Showdown (pokemonshowdown.com)

Windingsss

shine like jewelry
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
sup

Double Terrain Offense, featuring Nasty Plot Tornadus-T

(click sprites for import)
I built this team during Zama-C suspect test since i always liked terrain-based teams. The premier core is Rillaboom + Hawlucha, which can weaken opposing defensive core for themselves or other teammates like Volcarona and Tornadus-T. I added LO Mixchomp Garchomp as i needed both a rocker and a raw wallbreaker, and it can also lure in and remove Ferrothorn and Corviknight for Hawlucha. Scarf Tapu Fini is a small answer to Dragapult and Garchomp which also works as overall speed control for the team, and can weaken walls like Toxapex for other wallbreakers with Trick. Volcarona is a good addition to the RillaLucha core, as either it or Hawlucha can attempt to sweep, weakening opposing team, oppening the path for the other. Lastly, Np Torn-T is here as it also works as a semi-speed control, and it pairs nicely with Volcarona due to its shared checks (Like Heatran).

hope y'all like the team!

airfare

OUPL Champion
It's time to vote!

Reminder: the voting system used is the Ranked Pairs format (the same as CAP uses). To vote you basically order your options like this: C>B>A>D, like this A>B=C>D, or like this D>C, assuming there are 4 team options (A, B, C, and D). If you choose not to vote for all teams, the last team(s) will be assumed to be last and valued equally if more than one got left out. Additionally, don't vote for your own submission. If you have any questions, by all means, contact me.

Team A by Sagdiyev V2
let me just say
the modern torn-t sprite is fucking ugly.

GOTTA GO FAST! A Speedy Offensive Build

Speed control is something that’s probably one of the most important things in building any team in competitive Pokémon. Be it trick room in doubles, or having 4 Pokémon faster than base 120 speed here, being able to outspeed and KO the enemy before they move is important.

:tornadus_therian: :dragapult: :weavile: :zeraora: :ferrothorn: :swampert:
Click above for the team.

:bw/tornadus_therian:
The defogger of the team, this bird/pillarman thingy gets rid of rocks and spikes before he can get taunted, removes items, and gains momentum with uturn. This can be a huge boon compared to something like Corviknight, which is bulky, but slow and can get magnezone’d and have advantage taken of by something like Tapu Koko or Heatran.

:ss/dragapult:
specs pult broken pls nerf gf.
Real shit, this stuff is so damn hard to switch into. Stuff just gets u-turned on and owned by its shadow ball or draco meteor hard. I chose fire blast over hex because I didn’t want to get owned by Ferrothorn, however you can use Thunder/bolt to destroy Mandibuzz, Hydro Pump for lando-t, and other coverage.

:bw/weavile:
Knock Off Spam has never been better. Softening up stuff like Clefable, Heatran and Ferrothorn for a late game Pult cleanup is incredibly easy, and ice stab is hard to switch into as Mamoswine and friends have taught us many times before. It’s also a huge winner of Torn’s fast Defog and pivot, since this isn’t using boots.

:ss/zeraora:
EVEN MORE SPEED CONTROL!!!!!!
Electric immunity, good physical attack, knock off and momentum, which can autowin games on its own. Simply its presence on the field forces people to go to their grounds, which get owned by Weavile.

:bw/ferrothorn:
Bulky mon who can take a shit ton of hits. Sets up spikes, leech seed, removes items and is a general annoyance. I’d run body press for Zone, and twave but 4mss, and standard usually works.

:bw/swampert:
Rocks, a pivot move, and a secondary and bulky electric immunity allows this fringe pick to work out well. HHP over EQ is an option for those who fear the monkey.

Checks & Counters
Scarf Lando-T with a fighting move may be a massive problem, given that it can do heavy damage to the team and force Tornadus.
Rillazone is also something that may be difficult to deal with, given that the duo goes well together, and can pick apart the team.
Opposing Weavile may be an issue, given that nothing wants to take either stab move, or low kick.
Games will go quickly but not too fast, since you are building offensive pressure with your speed, but need to back up on thorn and pert to set up hazards.

I hope you enjoy this team!
Team B by Codename Magnum
Where the teams at? Also gonna (maybe) try transfer a trend over from UU to OU where some of us like to post a song with the team, so enjoy!

Torn-T + Koko VoltTurn

:ss/tornadus-therian: :ss/tapu koko::ss/dragapult: :ss/urshifu-rapid-strike: :ss/slowking::ss/landorus-therian:

This team is reasonably simple to explain. Tornadus-Therian and Tapu Koko are both fast offensive pivots, with Torn able to aid the team with Knock Off and Defog and Tapu Koko providing a check to common Urshifu-R switch-ins like Corviknight, Dragonite and Buzzwole. Dragapult felt like a natural fit here, an incredible breaker that benefits from the Pokemon that check Koko and Torn and also creating an excellent offensive core, in conjuction with the next member - Urshifu-R. Both are major threats and are able to overwhelm a majority of the tier together, especially with Future Sight support provided by Slowking and Stealth rocks chip by Lando-T. Something interesting to note is that you are able to pivot with all of the team members, meaning that gaining momentum is super easy for the team.

That's it for today! Have a great day, hope you enjoy the team! (lets try get some more submissions!)

Team C by Ox the Fox
:Tornadus-Therian: :Slowking: :Kartana: :Weavile: :Garchomp: :Rillaboom:
https://pokepast.es/d9fca2571026379d

A really fun futureport offense that beats down a lot of the same checks between kart weav and rilla. Torn-t fits great here as a utility defog mon and checks a lot of threatening mons such as rillaboom and kartana. Rilla is SD acrobatics with no item to lure in buzzwole which can otherwise be extremely annoying to break for this team. I run no item because if you're grassy seed it becomes obvious you're acrobatics.
Team D by Fc
Nasty Plot Tornadus-T + Nature Power Heatran

:tornadus-therian: :tapu-koko: :heatran: :corviknight: :hippowdon: :toxapex:

I build this team with the idea of baiting in standard pivots for Tornadus-T and having strong defensive walls to its offensive checks so that it can break as effectively as possible. I wanted to build with Nature Power Heatran first, since Slowking Teleporting around with fast revenge killers such as Dragapult, combined with the miss chance from Hurrican meant it can put a stop to Torn's breaking quite often. Koko was chosen over bulu/rilla just for more speed control, helping out against opposing koko, Weavile, etc while also being a pivot and opposing torn check. Heatran outruns Adamant Bisharp and can still trap most targets it needs to. Corviknight was put on as a pivot into Garchomp which can be revenge killed by Koko after a U-turn, as well as being a sturdy defogger and another lele pivot among other things like strengthening the Kyurem and pult mu's when paired with pex / Heatran / Hippo. Hippo was the next addition to the team, as I needed a rocker since Heatran was Nature Power as well as a Ground-type to help with Zeraora and Tapu Koko that threatened Torn. Another big thing Hippowdon gave was sand support, allowing torn to run Weather Ball in sand to hit Zapdos at +2 super hard, breaking one of its better checks. With Heatran also being an issue, Sp.def Hippo fit quite well as it can even be a backup check to things like lele and pult when they're locked into a move, which I can scout with either Corviknight against pult or with the last mon on the team, Toxapex. The team lacked a water resist, meaning rain and Urshifu-R in general was just a super tough mu. Toxapex shored up that while also giving a pivot into many breakers like Dragapult and a Haze mon against threats like Cloyster. I think it's a super important team member just for its defensive capability. The spread always lives Modest Specs Kyurem Freeze Dry, has a good chance to live 2 Dragapult Draco's after the drop, and even lives Life Orb Garchomp EQ among other calcs I don't remember off the top of my head, but it's useful here regardless.

I quickly tested the team and it went 4-0 in its first few games, and things played just as I hoped with the structure, here's a few examples :

[Gen 8] OU replay: Fc04 vs. Rmsg test - Pokémon Showdown (pokemonshowdown.com)
[Gen 8] OU replay: clefable balance vs. Fc04 - Pokémon Showdown (pokemonshowdown.com)
[Gen 8] OU replay: kaleor vs. Fc04 - Pokémon Showdown (pokemonshowdown.com)
Team E by Windingsss
sup

Double Terrain Offense, featuring Nasty Plot Tornadus-T

(click sprites for import)
I built this team during Zama-C suspect test since i always liked terrain-based teams. The premier core is Rillaboom + Hawlucha, which can weaken opposing defensive core for themselves or other teammates like Volcarona and Tornadus-T. I added LO Mixchomp Garchomp as i needed both a rocker and a raw wallbreaker, and it can also lure in and remove Ferrothorn and Corviknight for Hawlucha. Scarf Tapu Fini is a small answer to Dragapult and Garchomp which also works as overall speed control for the team, and can weaken walls like Toxapex for other wallbreakers with Trick. Volcarona is a good addition to the RillaLucha core, as either it or Hawlucha can attempt to sweep, weakening opposing team, oppening the path for the other. Lastly, Np Torn-T is here as it also works as a semi-speed control, and it pairs nicely with Volcarona due to its shared checks (Like Heatran).

hope y'all like the team!
You have 2 days to vote.

Katy

Banned deucer.
C > E > B > D > A

reasoning:
But all teams are great and i would recommend trying them all out, the edge here for me is Ox's team as with no item acrobatics to lure in Buzzwole and perhaps tangrowth this team has a nice creative way of dealing with hard to overcome checks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)