Project SS OU Teambuilding Competition - Not hosted anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
BulKyurem DD
:Kyurem::Landorus-Therian::Tapu Fini::Heatran::Latias::Corviknight:

I posted this team thursday in the bazaar but here we go.

:Kyurem: I wanted to use BulKyurem DD because I think it is underrated; 248 HP, 76 Def makes Substitute always blocks Zeraora's Knock Off, 52 SpD survives 2 Moonblast from defensive Clefable, Speed for Buzzwole, Heatran and Dragapult and Zeraora after 1 Dragon Dance.
It is so bulk and doesn't mind taking multiple hits, it drains PP like a boss. Leftovers are vital, don't try HDB, the extra HP recovered allows you to use an extra Substitute and this often wins the match.
:Landorus-Therian: gives resistance to Fight, uses Knock Off and does Landorus-T stuff.
:Tapu Fini: locks Toxapex, Ferrothorn and both Slowswith Trick, speed control, and gives Dragon "resist" to Kyurem. Helps Kyurem to switch so brainless into bulk waters and this is so fun, also staying against Dragapult is pretty nice. Whirpool + Trick is amazing when you don't miss 5 times in a row, because if Slowking stays to use Future Sight or Ferrothorn stays to use hazards is a free kill.
:Heatran: is the first resistance to Fairy and Steel, as well as helping to remove bulky water like Toxapex and Slows, checks Volcarona.
:Latias: shares checks with Kyurem, so locking them with Choice item is a big help, Healing Wish gives a heal + momentum, allowing it to increase "pressure".
:Corviknight: is another Steel and Fairy answer, mainly Melmetal, because your own pressure helps Kyurem a lot, draining PP of DIB.

I posted some replays using this team alongside with my thoughts about Kyurem here.

Bonus: Alternative version :Kyurem::Landorus-Therian::Tapu Fini::Heatran::Latias::Melmetal:

Edit: I got the suspect requirement with this team (82.8 Gxe / 32w-4l)

Last edited:

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
:zapdos::ferrothorn::landorus-therian::tapu lele::kyurem::garchomp:

This team is one of the teams that I submitted in the ou bazaar and since this is the team that I am using atm, I updated it

:Kyurem: is the star of the team, the one it was built around. Nmi is the item because specs is annoying and is a lot more fun to use in general. Also destroys Heatran, which is nice

:landorus-therian: is the rocker of the team. Originally, I had Heatran on the team so that I can trap and remove Blissey but after losing Satan knows how many games because of magma miss, I decided to change it to Landorus. Now, Lando is the rocker, de facto Heatran switch in and general pain in the ass. Also prevents my team from immediately being destroyed by scale shot Garchomp from turn one and besides, it's not like Blissey is on every god damn team

:ferrothorn: is the steel type of the team. Not many options really and I wanted another mon to be annoying. More hazards is always fun. I can't remember where I found that ev spread or what it does in the first place. I think I saw that in its analysis page a few months back

:tapu lele: is the team's speed control. Because of how Kyurem can bait in and deal heavy damage to steel types, that makes scarf Lele a perfect partner. The last move is just random because I didn't want to use focus blast. I'm not using Heatran because of rng issues and sure as hell I'm not gonna use focus miss

is the main sweeper and adds more pressure to the steel types for Lele. One thing Garchomp is really good at is if it cannot sweep, then it can very easily enable a fast teammate to sweep, unless that teammate is Dragapult and you're facing a Mandibuzz for whatever reason. Just the usual Garchomp stuff but I decided to give it dragon fang as its item. It turns the stupid and weak fifty base damage scale shot to a half decent seventy five and with stab, it becomes ninety, if my math is correct

Finally, regular form :Zapdos: is the last and newest member. When the team still had Tornadus, I just end up losing to Galarian Zapdos. Now, Galarian Zapdos can't even touch the team and regular Zapdos completely makes it and opposing Tornadus dead weight. It even protects the team from Kartana because a paralyzed Kartana is next to useless. I just went with a defensive set since I've already mentioned a couple times, I don't want to deal with the rng unless there is absolutely no other choice. Say what you will and I don't care if I'm never gonna get above 1700 elo. Really, anything is preferrable than losing because your attack missed, even if the team is an auto lose to a certain threat

Katy

Banned deucer.
Never Melt Ice Kyurem Bulky Offense with Spell Tag Aegislash
and Double Defog feat. Thunder Wave Rotom-W

:landorus-therian: :tornadus-Therian: :aegislash: :kyurem: :weavile: :rotom-wash:
pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/c3131783b1200921

explanation: this team is built with double ice and double defog. landorus-t is the hazard setter with stealth rock and toxic, whereas tornadus-t is the first defogger on this squad and the check to kartana and rillaboom. aegislash is a wallbreaker with spell tag and shadow sneak to revengekill faster ghost-types with more ease, such as blacephalon, dragapult, and gengar. never melt ice kyurem is anotehr strong wallbreaker and can bluss choice specs really well and it can lure in steel-types to hit them with earth power. weavile is the third strong breaker in this team with swords dance and icicle crash. rotom-w is a secondary defogger to support kyurem and weavile better and to help tornadus-t to relive pressure as the defogger. rotom-w has thunder wave as a pseudo-speed control form. rotom-w can also help against heatran, which otherwise is a pain to deal with for this team and it can also check melmetal.

Leavers

...jook 'til i die
NMI Kyurem HO with Adamant Blaziken
:blaziken: :tapu lele: :kyurem: :hawlucha: :scizor: :garchomp:
pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/947155c1bf9d1e51

:blaziken: The goat blaziken will get a kill every game its pretty easy to set up with him, since you can double out of lele into blaziken on the steel type and get a free sd. Its purpose is to chip down hawlucha checks, such as tapu fini. it also ohkos those pesky spdf landos at +1.
:tapu lele: scarf lele is amazing in the meta right now it sweeps nicely in the end game and acts as speed control as well as providing terrain to pop the psychic seed for hawlucha.
:kyurem: the big meta game threat right now, never melt ice is just an amazing item on kyurem right now its purpose on the team is to weaken steel types for tapu lele as well as sponge hits from mons such as blacephalon or barraskewda and revenge kill them. It can and will freeze its checks as well giving you a free win.
:hawlucha: great for an endgame sweep not much to say just a solid mon with enough spdf to eat moonblasts from fini and clefable.
:scizor: allows you to eat hits and pivot from tapu lele, kyurem, kartana, rillaboom, weavile, melmetal etc.
:garchomp: The rocker/ground type of the team which also pressures steels nicely with sd stone edge/quake allowing rocks to stay up vs most defoggers.
enjoy =)
edit: i got reqs with this team as well. ban this mf

Last edited:

agslash23

Banned deucer.
Mixed DD NMI Kyurem Hyper Offense

:ss/Kyurem: :ss/Garchomp: :ss/Scizor: :ss/Moltres-Galar: :ss/Tapu Koko: :ss/Hawlucha:
PokePaste - https://pokepast.es/433d03f0b335c001

:Kyurem:

Here is me trying to experiment with Kyurem on HO. Many people suggested I use the infamous Sub DD Kyurem set. However, I am not a fan of 1 attack set on HOs, as HO is all about "Hit-and-Run" and I want to hit with as much ammo as possible. While I agree that Sub DD Kyurem is a beast, I would only use it on Balances and Semi-stalls. With this in mind, I decided to try out DD + 3 attack NMI Mixed Kyurem that tries to pressure most physical and special walls alike, including Standard NMI checks like Blissey, Magic Guard Clefable. Main checks to this set are Scizor, AV Melmetal, Unaware Clefable, Volcarona.

+1 4 Atk Never-Melt Ice Kyurem Icicle Spear (3 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 333-396 (46.6 - 55.4%) -- approx. 77.3% chance to 2HKO
+1 4 Atk Never-Melt Ice Kyurem Icicle Spear (3 hits) vs. 252 HP / 200 Def Clefable: 189-225 (47.9 - 57.1%) -- approx. 29.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Partners to DD Mixed Kyurem :
  • :Garchomp: - It is a great partner to Kyurem, as it can 1-2HKO all these checks while holding LO, while serving as the team's ground type​
  • :Scizor: - It switches into Kyurem checks like Scizor, Melmetal, Clefable lacking Flamethrower and finds set up opportunities. Superpower helps it beat steels that annoy Kyurem like opposing Scizor, Heatran, Ferrothorn, Melmetal.​
  • :Moltres-Galar: - A check to Specs Dragapult is non-negotiable on HOs, else it Shadow Balls and wins. Here comes Moltres-Galar, who in addition to being a deadly HO sweeper, also chips away at Kyurem checks like Melmetal, Blissey, Clefable.​
  • :Tapu Koko: :Hawlucha: - All the above mons appreciate screens a lot, and Koko was selected as the Screen Setter over A-Tales as I want to use Hawlucha as my speed control mon. Hawlucha appreciates the pressure on Clefable, Toxapex, Zapdos and opponent Koko that rest of this team provides.​

Replays :

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1463085288
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1463102977

Last edited:

Zeno420

Banned deucer.
Time to vote for :kyurem:

Reminder: the voting system used is the Ranked Pairs format (the same as CAP uses). To vote you basically order your options like this: C>B>A>D, like this A>B=C>D, or like this D>C, assuming there are 4 team options (A, B, C, and D). If you choose not to vote for all teams, the last team(s) will be assumed to be last and valued equally if more than one got left out. Additionally, don't vote for your own submission.

Team A by Tio Chico
BulKyurem DD
:Kyurem::Landorus-Therian::Tapu Fini::Heatran::Latias::Corviknight:

I posted this team thursday in the bazaar but here we go.

:Kyurem: I wanted to use BulKyurem DD because I think it is underrated; 248 HP, 76 Def makes Substitute always blocks Zeraora's Knock Off, 52 SpD survives 2 Moonblast from defensive Clefable, Speed for Buzzwole, Heatran and Dragapult and Zeraora after 1 Dragon Dance.
It is so bulk and doesn't mind taking multiple hits, it drains PP like a boss. Leftovers are vital, don't try HDB, the extra HP recovered allows you to use an extra Substitute and this often wins the match.
:Landorus-Therian: gives resistance to Fight, uses Knock Off and does Landorus-T stuff.
:Tapu Fini: locks Toxapex, Ferrothorn and both Slowswith Trick, speed control, and gives Dragon "resist" to Kyurem. Helps Kyurem to switch so brainless into bulk waters and this is so fun, also staying against Dragapult is pretty nice. Whirpool + Trick is amazing when you don't miss 5 times in a row, because if Slowking stays to use Future Sight or Ferrothorn stays to use hazards is a free kill.
:Heatran: is the first resistance to Fairy and Steel, as well as helping to remove bulky water like Toxapex and Slows, checks Volcarona.
:Latias: shares checks with Kyurem, so locking them with Choice item is a big help, Healing Wish gives a heal + momentum, allowing it to increase "pressure".
:Corviknight: is another Steel and Fairy answer, mainly Melmetal, because your own pressure helps Kyurem a lot, draining PP of DIB.

I posted some replays using this team alongside with my thoughts about Kyurem here.

Bonus: Alternative version :Kyurem::Landorus-Therian::Tapu Fini::Heatran::Latias::Melmetal:

Edit: I got the suspect requirement with this team (82.8 Gxe / 32w-4l)
Team B by Red Raven
:zapdos::ferrothorn::landorus-therian::tapu lele::kyurem::garchomp:

This team is one of the teams that I submitted in the ou bazaar and since this is the team that I am using atm, I updated it

:Kyurem: is the star of the team, the one it was built around. Nmi is the item because specs is annoying and is a lot more fun to use in general. Also destroys Heatran, which is nice

:landorus-therian: is the rocker of the team. Originally, I had Heatran on the team so that I can trap and remove Blissey but after losing Satan knows how many games because of magma miss, I decided to change it to Landorus. Now, Lando is the rocker, de facto Heatran switch in and general pain in the ass. Also prevents my team from immediately being destroyed by scale shot Garchomp from turn one and besides, it's not like Blissey is on every god damn team

:ferrothorn: is the steel type of the team. Not many options really and I wanted another mon to be annoying. More hazards is always fun. I can't remember where I found that ev spread or what it does in the first place. I think I saw that in its analysis page a few months back

:tapu lele: is the team's speed control. Because of how Kyurem can bait in and deal heavy damage to steel types, that makes scarf Lele a perfect partner. The last move is just random because I didn't want to use focus blast. I'm not using Heatran because of rng issues and sure as hell I'm not gonna use focus miss

is the main sweeper and adds more pressure to the steel types for Lele. One thing Garchomp is really good at is if it cannot sweep, then it can very easily enable a fast teammate to sweep, unless that teammate is Dragapult and you're facing a Mandibuzz for whatever reason. Just the usual Garchomp stuff but I decided to give it dragon fang as its item. It turns the stupid and weak fifty base damage scale shot to a half decent seventy five and with stab, it becomes ninety, if my math is correct

Finally, regular form :Zapdos: is the last and newest member. When the team still had Tornadus, I just end up losing to Galarian Zapdos. Now, Galarian Zapdos can't even touch the team and regular Zapdos completely makes it and opposing Tornadus dead weight. It even protects the team from Kartana because a paralyzed Kartana is next to useless. I just went with a defensive set since I've already mentioned a couple times, I don't want to deal with the rng unless there is absolutely no other choice. Say what you will and I don't care if I'm never gonna get above 1700 elo. Really, anything is preferrable than losing because your attack missed, even if the team is an auto lose to a certain threat
Team C by Katy
Never Melt Ice Kyurem Bulky Offense with Spell Tag Aegislash
and Double Defog feat. Thunder Wave Rotom-W

:landorus-therian: :tornadus-Therian: :aegislash: :kyurem: :weavile: :rotom-wash:
pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/c3131783b1200921

explanation: this team is built with double ice and double defog. landorus-t is the hazard setter with stealth rock and toxic, whereas tornadus-t is the first defogger on this squad and the check to kartana and rillaboom. aegislash is a wallbreaker with spell tag and shadow sneak to revengekill faster ghost-types with more ease, such as blacephalon, dragapult, and gengar. never melt ice kyurem is anotehr strong wallbreaker and can bluss choice specs really well and it can lure in steel-types to hit them with earth power. weavile is the third strong breaker in this team with swords dance and icicle crash. rotom-w is a secondary defogger to support kyurem and weavile better and to help tornadus-t to relive pressure as the defogger. rotom-w has thunder wave as a pseudo-speed control form. rotom-w can also help against heatran, which otherwise is a pain to deal with for this team and it can also check melmetal.
Team D by Leavers
NMI Kyurem HO with Adamant Blaziken
:blaziken: :tapu lele: :kyurem: :hawlucha: :scizor: :garchomp:
pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/947155c1bf9d1e51

:blaziken: The goat blaziken will get a kill every game its pretty easy to set up with him, since you can double out of lele into blaziken on the steel type and get a free sd. Its purpose is to chip down hawlucha checks, such as tapu fini. it also ohkos those pesky spdf landos at +1.
:tapu lele: scarf lele is amazing in the meta right now it sweeps nicely in the end game and acts as speed control as well as providing terrain to pop the psychic seed for hawlucha.
:kyurem: the big meta game threat right now, never melt ice is just an amazing item on kyurem right now its purpose on the team is to weaken steel types for tapu lele as well as sponge hits from mons such as blacephalon or barraskewda and revenge kill them. It can and will freeze its checks as well giving you a free win.
:hawlucha: great for an endgame sweep not much to say just a solid mon with enough spdf to eat moonblasts from fini and clefable.
:scizor: allows you to eat hits and pivot from tapu lele, kyurem, kartana, rillaboom, weavile, melmetal etc.
:garchomp: The rocker/ground type of the team which also pressures steels nicely with sd stone edge/quake allowing rocks to stay up vs most defoggers.
enjoy =)
edit: i got reqs with this team as well. ban this mf
Team E by agslash23
Mixed DD NMI Kyurem Hyper Offense

:ss/Kyurem: :ss/Garchomp: :ss/Scizor: :ss/Moltres-Galar: :ss/Tapu Koko: :ss/Hawlucha:
PokePaste - https://pokepast.es/433d03f0b335c001

:Kyurem:

Here is me trying to experiment with Kyurem on HO. Many people suggested I use the infamous Sub DD Kyurem set. However, I am not a fan of 1 attack set on HOs, as HO is all about "Hit-and-Run" and I want to hit with as much ammo as possible. While I agree that Sub DD Kyurem is a beast, I would only use it on Balances and Semi-stalls. With this in mind, I decided to try out DD + 3 attack NMI Mixed Kyurem that tries to pressure most physical and special walls alike, including Standard NMI checks like Blissey, Magic Guard Clefable. Main checks to this set are Scizor, AV Melmetal, Unaware Clefable, Volcarona.

+1 4 Atk Never-Melt Ice Kyurem Icicle Spear (3 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 333-396 (46.6 - 55.4%) -- approx. 77.3% chance to 2HKO
+1 4 Atk Never-Melt Ice Kyurem Icicle Spear (3 hits) vs. 252 HP / 200 Def Clefable: 189-225 (47.9 - 57.1%) -- approx. 29.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Partners to DD Mixed Kyurem :
  • :Garchomp: - It is a great partner to Kyurem, as it can 1-2HKO all these checks while holding LO, while serving as the team's ground type​
  • :Scizor: - It switches into Kyurem checks like Scizor, Melmetal, Clefable lacking Flamethrower and finds set up opportunities. Superpower helps it beat steels that annoy Kyurem like opposing Scizor, Heatran, Ferrothorn, Melmetal.​
  • :Moltres-Galar: - A check to Specs Dragapult is non-negotiable on HOs, else it Shadow Balls and wins. Here comes Moltres-Galar, who in addition to being a deadly HO sweeper, also chips away at Kyurem checks like Melmetal, Blissey, Clefable.​
  • :Tapu Koko: :Hawlucha: - All the above mons appreciate screens a lot, and Koko was selected as the Screen Setter over A-Tales as I want to use Hawlucha as my speed control mon. Hawlucha appreciates the pressure on Clefable, Toxapex, Zapdos and opponent Koko that rest of this team provides.​

Replays :

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1463085288
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1463102977
You have 2 days to vote!

Last edited:

Katy

Banned deucer.
Time to vote for :kyurem:

Reminder: the voting system used is the Ranked Pairs format (the same as CAP uses). To vote you basically order your options like this: C>B>A>D, like this A>B=C>D, or like this D>C, assuming there are 4 team options (A, B, C, and D). If you choose not to vote for all teams, the last team(s) will be assumed to be last and valued equally if more than one got left out. Additionally, don't vote for your own submission.

Team A by Tio Chico

Team B by Katy

Team C by Leavers

Team D by agslash23

You have 2 days to vote!

You messed up the order + forgot one person ;__; <3

airfare

is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OUPL Champion
A- feels like kyurem is unsupported here. u face rocks taunt tran and lose the game as you can't keep rocks off and lack a reliable switchin to it over the course of a game

B- lacking some fundamental things like ghost resist/sball absorber and your own ice resist. looks solid offensively tho

C- dumpstered by weav/shifu but a good general structure ive been using similar versions of for a while. u need a better water than splitless rotom to work past those two

D- lack of a reliable defensive backbone, which u would usually see in the form of a ghost resist like bish/weav/gmolt means pult/koko can come in and claim pretty easily. looks pretty tough to break a standard pex bliss fat as well unless ur relying on lucha to carry that mu (unreliable because of how much koko/unaware clef stuff currently exists)

E- as much as i hate screens rn this seems like a decent-ish iteration. only issues i see are that unaware clef p much 6-0s and if you can't get up screens vs opposing koko ur team kind of falls apart, kinda similar to the previous team

E > C > A = B = D

Zeno420

Banned deucer.
E > D > C > A > B
D > E > C > B >A
E>C>D>A>B
E > C > A = B = D

After putting in all the votes the winner for this week is Team E by agslash23! Congrats and your submission will be added to the archive soon.

Week 52: Regieleki
:ss/regieleki:

Regieleki is an insanely powerful breaker being only hindered by ground types. It has many notable sets being hdb, specs, and suicide lead for ho with screens. Not to mention it even gets access to spin being able to successfully get rid of hazards very easily. It often finds itself paired with teammates such as zapdos-g and urshifu-r that can pressure the notable grounds in landorus and hippo.

You have until Sunday, the 12th to build teams around regieleki!​

Last edited:

H.M.N.I.P

https://youtu.be/pIr6TjG7Rko
is a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion

(pokepaste will pop up once you click on these sprites)
What's up kings? Pietro here and, this morning instead of going to university to study for an exam which I'll have in a week approximately, I've decided to lurk a bit on site and see what was up in the OU subforum. Years ago, when I firstly approached Smogon, I used to be such a sucker for these building competitions, and I was also a builder back in the ORAS era for one of those team bazaars. Probably hit by a wave of nostalgia, I've decided to take part into this week's building competition here centered around Regieleki, and, to be fair, I really like the look of this team. The team structure is simple, yet effective.

The goal of the team is to hazard stack while being able to keep a very good control due to Rapid Spin + Defog provided by Regieleki and Landorus, to then be able to clean lategame with either Weavile or Eleki itself. Team has one major issue in the form of Kyurem (sub dry + epower just wins on spot), which will finally be banned in about a week, and I really struggle to see other major issues for the build. The sets are pretty self-explanatory, as I haven't added anything crazy, so I will go through them pretty swiftly. Regieleki is the speed control and main remover of the build, also acting as a late game sweeper. Being able to bait Landorus or Garchomps in the field while you have a Future Sight from Slowbro bringing their health down is very appreciated too. The EV spread gently taken by Pinkacross allows Eleki to survive a Life Orb Adamant Sucker Punch from Bisharp at full health.

Slowbro acts a pivot for basically most of the physical attackers of the tier, and it's also the primary Urshifu check, being able to tank the hits very well to then Teleport its way out.

Speaking of Heatran now, the set was thought to be a hard counter of opposing Heatrans, at least in early game, which would otherwise be very annoying to deal with, especially the Magma Taunt sets. I really like Flash Cannon a lot here, as it deals a very nice chunk of damage to early game opposing Landorus trying to switch on your Heatran early game to get rocks up. Toxic is another valid option, even as a panic button to use against Volcarona in case you haven't been too careful to keep Tran healthy for it (Regieleki outspeed Volca and can fire Ancient Power to finish it, keep that in mind).

Ferrothorn, paired with Heatran and Slowbro, finishes the FWG core built around Regieleki. It sets up Spikes, provides a form of soft recovery for the other members of the team with Leech Seed and is also a very solid Melmetal check (super annoying mon to deal with for Bulkyoffense builds most of the time).

Weavile is the main sweeper of the team, being able to revengekill other offensive threats in the tier without drawbacks thanks to Boots. Low Kick is a valid option over Axel as well, but it's not consistent enough to ladder with, at least in my opinion.

Landorus is the final member of the 6. It functions as second hazard remover, pivots around with U-Turn keeping the momentum up with Slowbro and Eleki, and also helps to check lots of the stuff running around in the tier thanks to its natural bulk + Intimidate.

I really had a blast crafting this team and explaining it here. Hopefully some of you will try it for themselves and let me know whether or not you like it as much as I do. Have a great day and a great week all of you. Take care and remember to drink water constantly. Cheers, Pietro.

Last edited:

Katy

Banned deucer.
Overwhelm shared checks feat. Heavy-Duty Boots Regieleki and Tankchomp

:garchomp: :regieleki: :blacephalon: :weavile: :melmetal: :zapdos-galar:

pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/8e86e6f6dca19ac9

explanation: garchomp sets stealth rocks and can combat steel-types such as ferrothorn and corviknight with fire blast. it can also help against flying-types such as landorus-t and tornadus-t with putting them on a timer with toxic. same mention can be said about slowbro, which can also check garchomp well enough. garchomp is also a heatran check, since otherwise this team struggles with it. regieleki has heavy-duty boots and rapid spin and can scare out many pokemon apart from ferrothorn, hippowdon, landorus-t, and garchomp. thunder cage can come in handy to trap galarian slowking which assault vest got knocked off beforehand. blacephalon and weavile are a great core, blacephalon is hard hitting ghost-type and weavile a hard hitting dark-type both of which have a secondary typing making them effective wallbreakers together. melmetal can check tapu lele, tapu koko, and kyurem, which are threats otherwise. galarian zapdos is the latest but not forgotton teammember and choice band gives it immense breaking potential after all.​

Zeno420

Banned deucer.
Time to vote for :regieleki:

Team A by H.M.N.I.P

(pokepaste will pop up once you click on these sprites)
What's up kings? Pietro here and, this morning instead of going to university to study for an exam which I'll have in a week approximately, I've decided to lurk a bit on site and see what was up in the OU subforum. Years ago, when I firstly approached Smogon, I used to be such a sucker for these building competitions, and I was also a builder back in the ORAS era for one of those team bazaars. Probably hit by a wave of nostalgia, I've decided to take part into this week's building competition here centered around Regieleki, and, to be fair, I really like the look of this team. The team structure is simple, yet effective.

The goal of the team is to hazard stack while being able to keep a very good control due to Rapid Spin + Defog provided by Regieleki and Landorus, to then be able to clean lategame with either Weavile or Eleki itself. Team has one major issue in the form of Kyurem (sub dry + epower just wins on spot), which will finally be banned in about a week, and I really struggle to see other major issues for the build. The sets are pretty self-explanatory, as I haven't added anything crazy, so I will go through them pretty swiftly. Regieleki is the speed control and main remover of the build, also acting as a late game sweeper. Being able to bait Landorus or Garchomps in the field while you have a Future Sight from Slowbro bringing their health down is very appreciated too. The EV spread gently taken by Pinkacross allows Eleki to survive a Life Orb Adamant Sucker Punch from Bisharp at full health.

Slowbro acts a pivot for basically most of the physical attackers of the tier, and it's also the primary Urshifu check, being able to tank the hits very well to then Teleport its way out.

Speaking of Heatran now, the set was thought to be a hard counter of opposing Heatrans, at least in early game, which would otherwise be very annoying to deal with, especially the Magma Taunt sets. I really like Flash Cannon a lot here, as it deals a very nice chunk of damage to early game opposing Landorus trying to switch on your Heatran early game to get rocks up. Toxic is another valid option, even as a panic button to use against Volcarona in case you haven't been too careful to keep Tran healthy for it (Regieleki outspeed Volca and can fire Ancient Power to finish it, keep that in mind).

Ferrothorn, paired with Heatran and Slowbro, finishes the FWG core built around Regieleki. It sets up Spikes, provides a form of soft recovery for the other members of the team with Leech Seed and is also a very solid Melmetal check (super annoying mon to deal with for Bulkyoffense builds most of the time).

Weavile is the main sweeper of the team, being able to revengekill other offensive threats in the tier without drawbacks thanks to Boots. Low Kick is a valid option over Axel as well, but it's not consistent enough to ladder with, at least in my opinion.

Landorus is the final member of the 6. It functions as second hazard remover, pivots around with U-Turn keeping the momentum up with Slowbro and Eleki, and also helps to check lots of the stuff running around in the tier thanks to its natural bulk + Intimidate.

I really had a blast crafting this team and explaining it here. Hopefully some of you will try it for themselves and let me know whether or not you like it as much as I do. Have a great day and a great week all of you. Take care and remember to drink water constantly. Cheers, Pietro.
Team B by Katy
Overwhelm shared checks feat. Heavy-Duty Boots Regieleki and Tankchomp

:garchomp: :regieleki: :blacephalon: :weavile: :melmetal: :zapdos-galar:

pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/8e86e6f6dca19ac9

explanation: garchomp sets stealth rocks and can combat steel-types such as ferrothorn and corviknight with fire blast. it can also help against flying-types such as landorus-t and tornadus-t with putting them on a timer with toxic. same mention can be said about slowbro, which can also check garchomp well enough. garchomp is also a heatran check, since otherwise this team struggles with it. regieleki has heavy-duty boots and rapid spin and can scare out many pokemon apart from ferrothorn, hippowdon, landorus-t, and garchomp. thunder cage can come in handy to trap galarian slowking which assault vest got knocked off beforehand. blacephalon and weavile are a great core, blacephalon is hard hitting ghost-type and weavile a hard hitting dark-type both of which have a secondary typing making them effective wallbreakers together. melmetal can check tapu lele, tapu koko, and kyurem, which are threats otherwise. galarian zapdos is the latest but not forgotton teammember and choice band gives it immense breaking potential after all.​
You have 2 days to vote!

Zeno420

Banned deucer.
A>B
A>B
A=B
B>A
A=B
B>A
B>A
B>A

After putting in all the votes, the winner for this week is Team B by Katy. Congrats and you submission will be added to the Hall of Fame eventually.

Week 53: Pelipper + Barraskewda
:ss/pelipper::ss/barraskewda:

Pelipper and barraskewda are both almost mandatory on rain, with skewda being the fastest mon in the game with rain up. Paired up with band and rain boosted liquidation it is very hard to wall. Not to mention with access to flip turn, it can easily pivot out on walls into its teammates to overwhelm it. When supported properly rain can be very dangerous.

You have until Tuesday, the 21st to build teams around pelipper and barraskewda!​

Katy

Banned deucer.
Thundy Rain feat. Dual Hazard Stack and Double Boots!

:garchomp: :ferrothorn: :pelipper: :barraskewda: :thundurus-therian: :volcanion:

pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/efadabcd169f163a

explanation: this team is built with thundy-t, as it is a strong nasty plot setter and with volt absorb it can relieve some pressure naturally on this team, also ferrothorn can combat weavile and can check water-types like tapu fini and it can check opposing rain abusers like barraskewda. garchomp sets up stealth rocks and it has aqua tail in its arsenal to hit landorus-t and hippowdon for great damage. pelipper is the usual damp rock set and has u-turn to bring in its teammates safely, whereas volcanion profits from the rain and has a hard hitting steam eruption in it. earth power is for toxapex and sludge wave for fini, whereas flametrower hist opposing ferrothorn and other grass-types really hard. skewda is the usual cb set with psychic fangs in its last slot to combat toxapex better. flip turn is another way of granting this team some momentum.

in overall, this team has a grass-resist, a ground-type, two electric immunes and multiple ways to deal with opposing water- and grass-types. furthermore, this team has 2 ground-immunities in pelipper and thundy-t. i think thundy-t is very underrated on rain teams but after a +2 its thunder is very deadly and can prove itself as a potent breaker and coupled with heavy-duty boots it has some longevity to combat its weakness in stealth rocks, so its opportunities to get a setup are increased.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)