Pet Mod SS OU Theorymon (Completed)

hi its been an hour im so sorry-

Virizion: 6
Wishiwashi: 12

Froslass: 2
Primarina: 3
Regieleki: 5

And now back to your daily scheduled (lol) slates!

:ss/scrafty: + Slack Off + 15 HP

:ss/noctowl: + Steel typing + Flash Cannon (STAB) + 20 SpDEF

:ss/bronzong: + Anchor Shot + 16 HP

:ss/hatterene: + 20 HP

:ss/meowstic: + Parting Shot + 20 HP

5 days as per usual! Also, we're having a ladder tour from June 10-12! so hop onto discord to be notified of that!

:ss/scrafty: + Slack Off + 15 HP

with 80/115/115 bulk it can now setup on many pokemon such as mudsdale, heatran, slowbro, slowking-g, bulky chomp, slowking, bulky dragonite, rotom-w, etc. With sp. def investment i Believe the number that scrafty can setup on grows. Slack off helps bulk up sets with more consistency as status is usually unphazed by it since shed skin will usually cure poison, burns, para before they rack up to many turns. I believe it can contribute a lot especially with defensive value of resisting ghost and being rock resistant which gives it a lot of longetivity.

:ss/hatterene: + 20 HP

This makes CM sets more threatening as it is able to live much more hits due to not having such a poor HP pool. This helps it in the fact that the extra bulk makes it so CM can setup on more pokemon and is harder to wear down which can allow it to acquire multiple boosts against pokemon and can have a more defensive presence with more bulk

252 Atk Zeraora Plasma Fists vs. 252 HP / 196+ Def Hatterene: 115-136 (36.1 - 42.7%) -- 97.1% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

(with +20 hp) 252 Atk Zeraora Plasma Fists vs. 252 HP / 196+ Def Hatterene: 115-136 (32.1 - 37.9%) -- 0.9% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Latias Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Hatterene: 135-160 (42.4 - 50.3%) -- 41.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

(with +20 hp) 252 SpA Latias Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Hatterene: 135-160 (37.7 - 44.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

:ss/noctowl: + Steel typing + Flash Cannon (STAB) + 20 SpDEF

Steel/Flying? if so then this is pretty good as with a good typing and good sp. def bulk it can def see some use esp with hurricane spamming. getting rid of that rock weakness is a blessing and a better typing lets it abuse pokemon like lando-t, bulky chomp, and switch in on more special pokemon easier such as lele which can allow it to throw off power hurricanes.

:ss/bronzong: + Anchor Shot + 16 HP

hmmm it looks pretty darn good,.... trap smth with it and use ID press to nuke them and proceed to do a lot to opposing teams esp since i believe it can reverse trap zone, trap ferro, even trap heatran if it runs eq, trap other steels and trap passive pokemon such as slowking-g.

:ss/meowstic: + Parting Shot + 20 HP

Dont have much to say.. know jack about what is it going to do but it looks like a fast screens user that can use parting shot to pivot out to a teammate.. i will say it does grab my attention

:Noctowl: Just looks like a really bizarre buff. I’m not sure what this does over other metal birds.
:Scrafty: Phenomenal. I’ll take five. Does a fantastic job of being an offensive tank that beats up your Pokémon and goes through their pockets after.
:Bronzong: This thing has potential as a defensive “pivot” by trapping and gaining free switch in opportunities against the things it traps, much like Heatran’s magma storm.
:Hatterene: Haven’t calced, but now has a place outside hard trick room and that’s always fun with a bouncer like this.
:Meowstic: It’s… a screen setter. Seems like a fairly one-dimensional role on a very specific team type.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Havent spoken in awhile

:noctowl: Imo just doesnt do enough to differenciate itself from the likes of Corviknight imo, so I am not sure I'd vote this in.

:scrafty: Seems like a truly tanky Pivot / outright wall. 80/115/115 bulk with Intimidate is nasty work, so I expect it to be able to bully a big number of physical threats that may be common for players to face. If this wins expect it to lead the charge to this metagame shift back into a bulkier approach.

:bronzong: I see the vision of Bronzong but imo it simply doesnt force enough presence to pull off move trapping in any meaningful way. I switch into my Corviknight, my Mandibuzz, my Heatran and then what? I clear hazards, Uturn, knock your item or try to outright KO you with Heatran. Heatran can pressure the things it traps, so even if you see the Magma Storm coming what can you do? You gotta bite the bullet or play very riskily.

:Hatterene: Another big bulk boost. I wish we got Moonblast because Draining Kiss is less effective the higher the HP, but this is still a big move, get rid of Heatran or Melmetal and suddenly you have a very scary Pokémon on your hands. Decent buff to a low tier mon.

:meowstic: Its just cheesy screens. HO is already great rn idk why it needs a buff at all.

Voting for :hatterene: & :scrafty:

Day 10 of asking Ardy for Geomancy Wigglytuff
Anyways, let's get on with the options:
Noctowl: This is one of the goofiest and most nonsensical entries for this pet mod, and I'm voting for it for that reason alone.
Hatterene: It might not be able to use it's Draining Kisses as effectively, but I'm still a big fan of this. Hatterne desperately needed that extra bulk. All we need to do now is give Grimmsnarl similar treatment.
Bronzong: I'm kind of indifferent on this one. The only complaint I have is that you guys didn't give it Drizzle. I still MIGHT vote for it.
Meowstic: No comment. I hope Female Meowstic also gets a buff to special attack in order to match the male one.
Scrafty: A Defensive Fighting type that actually does it's job and isn't Kommo-o? Yes Please!

I have awakened from my slumber

Gonna end up mostly echoing G-Luke lmaooo

:scrafty: This is very very strong. While its defensive typing isn’t particularly good, this thing’s bulk is absolutely insane, and as long as they don’t bring a Bulu, don’t ever expect it to be broken on the physical side. I personally think this is still one of the best buffs slated, but it most certainly will bring powercreep with it if it wins. mfw this is just manditop

:noctowl: Y’all are actually clowning wtf. This literally has the highest special bulk of every metal bird. Does that not mean anything??? But besides that, the main thing differentiating this from the many, many Steel/Flyings in OU is its access to Nasty Plot, a la Corveot. With NP, bulky offensive sets are very possible, and thanks to its amazing defensive typing, very difficult to stop. Hurricane + Heat Wave is nearly perfect coverage, and as long as you can take out their Heatran/Copperajah this mon is a serious threat to opposing teams. It’s like Torn-T, but it trades speed for bulk. Bulky sets are also possible, which just further cements this mon’s viability.

edit: I completely forgot it got Tinted Lens. So remember everything I said earlier? Take all that and add in the fact that it can just run dual STABs or even monoattacking if it wants, since nothing in OU resists Tinted Lens Hurricane. Plus, it even gets Calm Mind, and PhysDef Calm Mind Noctowl is obscenely hard to break without something like a Specs Blace or a CM Raikou (neither of which want to take repeated hits). Anyone saying this mon is bad is just biased against Noctowl. Please take an actual look at the mon before you throw this thing out completely (I don’t blame you if you missed Tinted Lens tho lmaoo).

:bronzong: It’s ok. It probably does what it was made to. Only problem is OU is super crowded with Steels, and I don’t see this bringing much new to the table (not to mention the intended strat with this is really stupid). Plus like, what is it trapping?

:hatterene: Another one that probably does what it was made to. I’d be fine with Hatt in most slates, but I think there are better options this slate plus the anti-synergy with DKiss makes me sad, so I’ll probably pass on this one.

:meowstic: It is just screens. We don’t need more HO tools. Please stop subbing them, people (unless they are for webs :). Special note for AD: go play Jolte if you want Geomancy Wigglytuff. It is still a shitmon and a complete waste of a submission slot. If council slates it I will be sorely disappointed.

:noctowl: > :scrafty: > :hatterene: > :bronzong: > :meowstic:

Last edited:
Btw this is nuts damage.... you can basically run mono flying and still nuke the entire tier

+2 252+ SpA Tinted Lens Noctowl Hurricane vs. 252 HP / 136+ SpD Heatran: 228-268 (59 - 69.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ SpA Tinted Lens Noctowl Hurricane vs. 248 HP / 92 SpD Corviknight: 306-362 (76.6 - 90.7%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ SpA Tinted Lens Noctowl Hurricane vs. 128 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Melmetal: 186-222 (41.9 - 50.1%) -- 32.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ SpA Tinted Lens Noctowl Hurricane vs. 40 HP / 104 SpD Melmetal: 366-432 (86.9 - 102.6%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Tinted Lens Noctowl Hurricane vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Tapu Koko: 188-222 (66.9 - 79%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ SpA Tinted Lens Noctowl Hurricane vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Zapdos: 324-384 (100.9 - 119.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Some defensive value stuff... with the +20 sp. def ofc

252 SpA Zapdos Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Noctowl: 254-300 (74.4 - 87.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Tapu Koko Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Noctowl in Electric Terrain: 270-320 (79.1 - 93.8%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Noctowl: 144-169 (42.2 - 49.5%) -- 24.2% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Noctowl: 102-120 (29.9 - 35.1%) -- 23% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)