Pet Mod SS OU Theorymon (Completed)

Sorry it took longer than expected. Here's the awaited resub slate!

:ss/Zarude: + Knock Off
:ss/Turtonator: + Knock Off
:ss/Salazzle: + Dry Skin
:ss/Thundurus: and :ss/Thundurus-Therian: + Hurricane
:ss/Gyarados: + Roost

only two mons will receive these buffs, so discussion for four-five days starts now! note that they will keep these rebuffs along with the old buffs that they have (ex: Zarude would now have SD and KOff)

:ss/Zarude: + Knock Off

now poses actual utility, knock off allows greater power on sd sets and has ways to screw lati over especially if its scarfed or specs since it will not hate losing it. Alongside other checks and counters to zarude such as zapdos, torn-t, dragonite, coba, crobat, volcarona, dragonite, etc. I believe this is a good change which can make it a more viable late game cleaner or annoy mons early game

:ss/Turtonator: + Knock Off

:blobthinking:idk... tbh i have 0 idea what turt is supposed to do lol. ill let other explains

:ss/Salazzle: + Dry Skin

pretty good on paper, now no longer screwed over by fini, keldeo, rain, wishy, and some more water attacks. It gives it a lot of setup opportunities and can give it pretty good defensive value. I see this as an absolute win.

:ss/Thundurus: and :ss/Thundurus-Therian: + Hurricane

Gives it ways to hit latias, grasses, and neutral pokemon hard in rain as it now can abuse the 100% acc in rain to just launch these nukes. Thundy-i can now benefit outside of rain on HO or on offensive teams to have a powerful hurricane to hit grounds, and latias with to prevent it from being walled. I think this is the most improved...

:ss/Gyarados: + Roost

def gyara rises up.

-1 252 Atk Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gyarados: 75-89 (19 - 22.5%) -- possible 5HKO

-1 252 Atk Choice Band Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Surging Strikes (3 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gyarados on a critical hit: 117-141 (29.6 - 35.7%) -- approx. 20.3% chance to 3HKO

+1 252 SpA Volcarona Psychic vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Gyarados: 152-179 (38.5 - 45.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

-1 252 Atk Guts Obstagoon Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gyarados: 150-177 (38 - 44.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

-1 252+ Atk Iron Fist Melmetal Double Iron Bash (2 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gyarados: 78-92 (19.7 - 23.3%) -- approx. possible 5HKO

+1 252 Atk Life Orb Mold Breaker Haxorus Scale Shot (3 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gyarados: 222-261 (56.3 - 66.2%) -- approx. 2HKO

yeah it does a lot esp with t wave support and can support its team a lot with its huge defensive utility

voting for gyara and thundy rn... may change my mind

Thundrus looks nasty good, now Rain can finally drop Zapdos and choose between Therian for sheer power or Base for better speed control.

Gyarados with Roost is absolutely a winner here, although I do not like defensive Intimidate this one is absolutely one I welcome with open arms. It also benefits Rain a lot because they finally get a bulky Water type with both offensive and defensive power.

Salazzle my beloved would be another great addition to rain, but even without Rain it becomes a great counter to Tapu Fini, Boxapex, Keld and Skewda, as well as a pretty good Shifu check.

I'm completely uninterested on the other 2. Knock doesn't do much for Turt, and although Knock Zarude would be pretty pog, it still isn't enough to make it a good Pokémon on its own right.

Tapler

Coral Bitch
is a Top Social Media Contributor
I hate when there are more than two standouts in these slates, makes it really hard to decide. Leaning Thundy and Lazzle, but Gyara’s extremely strong with the buff as well. Rude and Turt definitely got the short end of the stick here, they’re not bad buffs but Knock doesn’t do enough for either to justify voting for them over the other options here.

Also, we’re changing up voting just a little bit. From now on, you may choose to only vote for one of the slated Pokemon. If you do this, your other vote will be considered ‘blank’. If ‘blank’ votes are in the top 2 highest-voted options, then only 1 Pokemon will win in that slate. Hopefully this will help mitigate concerns during weaker slates, though we still want at least one winner every slate.
voting starts now! refer to the post above for the rules if you aren't aware of them.

:thundurus: 8
:gyarados: 11
:turtonator: 1
:zarude: 1
:salazzle: 5

Thundurus (and its Therian counterpart) and Gyarados will be receiving the new buffs! Let's hope it'll change things up for these two.

And now, onto the next slate! We still have lots to go!

:ss/aromatisse: + Steel Type + Flash Cannon (STAB) + Mystical Fire
:ss/throh: + Regenerator + Stealth Rock
:ss/armaldo: + Ground type (Replaces Rock) + 20 SPE
:ss/marowak-alola: + Magic Guard (Replaces Rock Head)
:ss/dusknoir: + Neutralizing Gas + Leech Seed

5 days as usual!

Gonna delete any votes that arent for Marowak

Ghosts be winning this slate. Ngas Dusk is great in theory as an offensive user of it, kinda like a much worse Miasmaw. I could see CB Poltergeist sets to fuck with SlowFamily and pex

Ema Skye

Work!
OU Theorymon subs buffing a mon without Regen or Magic Guard challenge (Impossible)

Neugas Dusknoir looks sick though. Probably the highlight of the slate and an easy vote for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)