SS OU SS OU webs HO, peak #1

vikavolt.gif
excadrill.gif
kommoo.gif
bisharp.gif
cloyster.gif
dracovish.png

This is my first gen 8 RMT (and second overrall) and this is my take on the HO playstyle. It differs a lot from the common obstagoon/pult hos in which it thrives immensely vs bulky teams, but tends to have a hard time vs a lot of offensive mons.

vikavolt.gif
I had vikavolt as the first member of the team and the one who would get webs up, thanks to it's unique typing and strong stabs.

vikavolt.gifexcadrill.gif
Excadrill was the next member and a natural addition for the team. With the rapid spin buff it can boast more of a offensive threat too.

vikavolt.gifexcadrill.gifkommoo.gif
Kommo has been a Pokemon I've always wanted to experiment with since gen 7, but it never got too much satisfying results, however in this new meta, I've decided to give kommo another chance and it has earned it, and it manages to be one of the main wincons almost every match.

vikavolt.gifexcadrill.gifkommoo.gifbisharp.gif
After adding kommo, I wanted something to break fairies and punish hazard removal, so bisharp was the next logical step. On the first version of my team, since I was (I still am, but I can combat it a little better) 6-0ed by sand rush excadrill, I ran shuca berry bisharp, however I stopped using it after I found out you still died to lo excadrill so lol

vikavolt.gifexcadrill.gifkommoo.gifbisharp.gifdracovish.png

After adding bisharp, I wanted something to break bulky cores reliably. And so I decided to use dracovish, however with the meta overprepping for it, I would have to be a little more creative with my approach of it.

vikavolt.gifexcadrill.gifkommoo.gifbisharp.gifdracovish.png
cinderace.png

And this is the old version of my team. Cinderace was added so you could combat other cinderaces (it ran sucker punch hjk)
And revenge kill problematic threats like hydreigon, and togekiss. However with new meta trends like dugtrio everywhere, and bulky waters being even more annoying with it's addition, I felt like I needed something to bait these in, and something that could punish excadrill.

excadrill.gifvikavolt.gifkommoo.gifbisharp.gifcloyster.gifdracovish.png
And finally, the current version of the team. With cloyster, the matchup vs other offense got much easier, with the lack of good ice resists in the tier, and being able to punish excadrill leads, cloyster was also pivotal in the bulky matchup, where stuff like toxapex would be weakened or killed by dracovish, which allowed cloyster to shine.

vikavolt.gif

Vikavolt @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Sticky Web
- Bug Buzz
- Volt Switch
Vikavolt was the webber of choice because it's the one who gets webs up the best, and also can be useful outside of webbing as a pure breaker. Turns out 145 spa bug elec coverage has pmuch no good answer too in the tier, and exca can be taken advantage of quite easily by cloyster (which is why it would become the replacement for cinderace) the lack of knowledge abt this pokemon renders it so the opponent switches in their elec wall such as seismitoad or ferro carelessly, only to get promptly blown up by a bug buzz. It's bulk allows it to live impressive hits such as a dragapult life orb dragon darts after rocks(252 Atk Life Orb Dragapult Dragon Darts (2 hits) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Vikavolt: 218-260 (60.8 - 72.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO) which means that after setupping webs, it can fire off a 145 spa hit.

excadrill.gif

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
Excadrill is simply put, the best suicide lead on OU. With the rapid spin buff, getting hazards off the field is no longer a waste of turn, and can even lend you a advantage, like chipping a scarf dracovish and getting rocks up afterwards. It has access to mold breaker to beat hatterene and rotoms, and I chose iron head over steel beam to beat togekiss and flinch cloyster who think they're gonna beat a +2 speed exca. Besides, I already have lots of ways to take advantage of corvinight.

kommoo.gif

Kommo-o @ Salac Berry
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Belly Drum
- Drain Punch
- Earthquake
Kommo seemed to only get better with the generational shift. It's greatest checks, the tapus, all got snapped, akin to his other arch nemesis, landorus t. The metagame being slower also favored it heavily, as it's once mediocre speed of 85 actually means it's now on the upper eschelon of speed tiers now. With sub and Belly drum, kommo pmuch wrecks anything that the opponent would send out to counter it's more popular set in throat spray. It's typing allows you to get a surprising amount of free subs, like on sylveon, mandibuzz, ferro, seismitoad (50/50 but unless they know your set they are probably toxicing) and you can also easily scout haze pex, and if it is, you can force them to sack their pex in fear of drum. Eq is used as the coverage move so you beat baneful bunker pex, Aegislash, and dragapult.

bisharp.gif
Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
- Throat Chop
- Iron Head
Bisharp is an staple of HO. It's powerful sucker punch and good typing (offensively and defensively sometimes too) means it has been HO's go to choice to punish removal since xy. Black glasses were chosen as the chip can be extremely annoying and lose you games, and is unnecessary as most of the time you are clicking the dark move anyways. Bisharp is the teams check to cloyster and ghosts.

dracovish.png
Dracovish @ Metronome
Ability: Strong Jaw
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Crunch
- Fishious Rend
- Earthquake

My personal fave of the team, sub metronome dracovish. It was originally going to be dracozolt, but I don't like the idea of hustle. So, I tried to do something similar with dracovish. It plays a lot like dracozolt, the main difference is that you won't have to worry about fishious rend missing on clef and you losing the whole game. Metronome allows it to go through it's checks like vaporeon, seismitoad, and gastrodon, by spamming crunch. Eq is on the last slot instead of psychic fangs so I don't get poisoned by baneful bunker and lose to pex, which is the main target of the set.

cloyster.gif
Cloyster @ King's Rock
Ability: Skill Link
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast

And last, but CERTAINLY not least, is ya boy cloyster. With Kings rock, it has a 41% chance to bullshit away all it's checks and you to click x and call me bad. Cloyster is there to capitalize on everything Vish does( break bulky waters) and win from there. It's amazing phys def is a huge boon for the team as it allows it to take advantage of stuff like mimikyu, lead excadrill, and punish court charge from cinderace ( provided it's not blaze boosted) Most offensive teams have either bad ice resists ( rotom heat) or rely on priority to beat it (mine lol) which means having cloyster on the team in certain ways improved the matchup on bulky offense , while also having a good mu vs semi/hard stall.

Replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1052114547
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1052106440
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1049638085
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1045367350
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1039991950

Threats
conkeldurr.gif
hydreigon.gif
togekiss.gif
excadrill (1).gif

Importable:https://pokepast.es/c700d4fb28145c22
Proof(s) of peak

2020_01_21_23.24.49.jpg

2020_01_06_12.34.48.jpg

2019_12_23_18.45.48.jpg

For ferro and grounds too since I don't have energy ball. You can run it isntead of volt switch but I like having free momentum on clef and sylveon more as you already 2hko seismitoad anyways.
Thanks for the answer! I must admit, and repeat, this is the best team I ever seen, even more than that mimikyu HO, that paraflinch hax team, that screen grimmsnarl team (lots of copyright, XD)
May I use this to ladder on showdown? Thanks!

Jaajgko

I will disband the soccer club
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I like the idea behing the team but it gets absolutely demolished by LO 3 Attacks Hydreigon, it's pretty much a 6-0 if well played, and it's the same for Flamethrower Air Slash Togekiss (but at least you have Exca which can check it with predictions). You also have no ground immunity besides Vikavolt which gives Exca a free spin or a free Swords Dance. I know that the ladder is kinda dumb and you can usually get away with it, but to make the team more solid I'd suggest adding a fast mon and a ghost type to help Vikavolt with the Excadrill weakness. Dragapult does both at the same time and goes well with the team as it provides a real answer to Bulk Up Corviknight. It can end up giving free defogs to Mandibuzz but that also gives a free +4 attack to Bisharp, as Mandibuzz usually runs Knock U-Turn. You can either remove Kommo-O and then replace Vish for Obstagoon/Hawlucha/Togekiss/whatever Dark resist you wanna run to have a new Bisharp answer, or you can directly replace Vish for Dragapult and keep Kommo-O as the Bisharp answer. Another option would be to replace Kommo-O for Pult and using Low Kick on Bisharp to deal with opposing Bisharps. For the Dragapult set, I'd suggest whatever you feel fits the best on the team, as long as it can deal with Corviknight. Anyway cool team, I really like non-choiced Vish, it's much better in water absorb match-ups which are really common; and gratz on getting #1 in the ladder.

Also, I'm not sure if it's good or not but an option on Vikavolt would be this set :
Vikavolt @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Sticky Web
- Bug Buzz
- Mud Shot
Mud Shot 2HKOs Excadrill and beats it 1v1 with the speed drops if necessary (it's just fast enough to outspeed -1 Exca). You can bring it later in the match bring it on a slow mon and setup your webs.

Last edited:
I like the idea behing the team but it gets absolutely demolished by LO 3 Attacks Hydreigon, it's pretty much a 6-0 if well played, and it's the same for Flamethrower Air Slash Togekiss (but at least you have Exca which can check it with predictions). You also have no ground immunity besides Vikavolt which gives Exca a free spin or a free Swords Dance. I know that the ladder is kinda dumb and you can usually get away with it, but to make the team more solid I'd suggest adding a fast mon and a ghost type to help Vikavolt with the Excadrill weakness. Dragapult does both at the same time and goes well with the team as it provides a real answer to Bulk Up Corviknight. It can end up giving free defogs to Mandibuzz but that also gives a free +4 attack to Bisharp, as Mandibuzz usually runs Knock U-Turn. You can either remove Kommo-O and then replace Vish for Obstagoon/Hawlucha/Togekiss/whatever Dark resist you wanna run to have a new Bisharp answer, or you can directly replace Vish for Dragapult and keep Kommo-O as the Bisharp answer. Another option would be to replace Kommo-O for Pult and using Low Kick on Bisharp to deal with opposing Bisharps. For the Dragapult set, I'd suggest whatever you feel fits the best on the team, as long as it can deal with Corviknight. Anyway cool team, I really like non-choiced Vish, it's much better in water absorb match-ups which are really common; and gratz on getting #1 in the ladder.
Hi and thanks for rate! I'd like to say tho, that from my experience atleast, conkeldurr has been consistently the most annoying Mon for my team do deal with. Ladder players have a really bad habit of sacking hydra early to fishious rend or even to vikavolt (as you can see in the 1st and 4th replay) however since there are no ghosts on my team, you can't really lose with conk unless you choke super badly (which happens more often than not iirc, as the two teams with hydra also had conk) dragapult seems like a fine addition but metronome Vish is extremely good at dismantling balance cores and id feel like i would be missing out heavily on that. Maybe I can have a version with dd fire blast steel wing pult + obstagoon instead of Vish plus cloyster, so I can have checks to the stuff you mentioned plus having good breaking potential still. Kommo is imo too good to be given up, it gets subs up extremely easily and all the initial checks to standard clangorous soul kommo will be a free win for it, and it's by far the best dark check HO can have as even conk can die to sucker punch if chipped enough.

Also I must say, Cloyster is nothing but a nuisance when toxapex is alive. The darn thing can just click recover.

I really like the team. What was your reasoning for choosing vikavolt over galvantula?
Reasons I can see vikavolt having an advantage:
-more breaking power in general, but most notably vs pex and corviknight
-slow volt switch is really nice considering this team reeaaally hates its sweepers being chipped (2 sub users w/o lefties and shell smash)
-actually slower than some trick room mons like diggersby and jellicent
-puts more pressure on substitute users
Reasons I can see galvantula having an advantage:
-not sloth level slow to a point where everything outspeeds it even with webs
-Vikavolt's bulk and levitate aren't stand out factors because its sashed anyway, it will just get 2 shot by some neutral damage move, in a sack galvantula can get off 2 moves before dying vs a lot of mons while vikavolt uses one thing and gets finished off before its second chance to attack

I really like this team but is the HP on Vikavolt really better than Spe? You mention Life Orb Dragapult after rocks but wouldn't it be better to outspeed Seismitoad? Also Dracovish is missing 4 EV's.

this is my take on ur team as it lacks sp attack ALOT and is fragile so this my improved ver of urs
Peace Sign (Kommo-o) @ Salac Berry
Ability: Soundproof
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Belly Drum
- Drain Punch
- Earthquake
this beast is just a great sweeper minus it's weakness to fairy flying
Star Maker (Cloyster) @ King's Rock
Ability: Skill Link
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
again more pressure to use a staller i.e pex and things like that
Shout Baby (Dracovish) @ Metronome
Ability: Strong Jaw
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Fishious Rend
- Earthquake
- Substitute
i hate pex so this thing destroys pex and is a good bait for dragons thinking i'll switch
Polaris (Togekiss) (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Flamethrower
- Air Slash
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic
u had no LIKE NO SP DEF so this covers and destorys sp pult and hydregion which ur team very much likes
About A Voyage (Excadrill) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
suicide lead is never bad unless u see ferro or toad then go into toge for ferro and gengar for toad ps if they have both start with gengar they always do toad for some weird reason
Higher Ground (Gengar) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Energy Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
welp the toad killer i would dub it but mha tracks are the theme so can't but this thing is meant to dmg and suicide lead and just kill and kill and kill and make the opponent team disorganized and more sp coverage cuz U HAD ONE FRAGILE SLOW SP ATTACK EEEEEEEEEEEE

Last edited:

PKMN Master Chad

Banned deucer.
How the hell do you not get 6-0ed by LO Hydreigon. It outspeeds and OHKOs your entire team with rocks up to break the 2 sashes and unboosted Ice Shard is not strong enough to revenge it. The only way I see is for you to bluff Scarf with Vish and then go for your own sweep somehow or use use Kommo-O/Bish based on whether your opponent has Draco or Flamethrower, scouting for which is very likely to cause the loss of 2 mons. Scarf Hydreigon also destroys your team and if they are prepared for Cloyster, I don't really see how you can win.

How the hell do you not get 6-0ed by LO Hydreigon. It outspeeds and OHKOs your entire team with rocks up to break the 2 sashes and unboosted Ice Shard is not strong enough to revenge it. The only way I see is for you to bluff Scarf with Vish and then go for your own sweep somehow or use use Kommo-O/Bish based on whether your opponent has Draco or Flamethrower, scouting for which is very likely to cause the loss of 2 mons. Scarf Hydreigon also destroys your team and if they are prepared for Cloyster, I don't really see how you can win.
This one I struggled with. But the team is overall a beast.

WarioMasters
Thank you! Edited it on my main game, and I'm having a great time using it against friends, and random dudes on rank. Works wonders.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)