SS RU SS RU RAIN TEAM!

TDR

basics
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Ok I'll like to share with you guys my ss ru rain team.
Basically this is an idea I had a few months back when I started playing RU. The main rain setter is ofc Politoed, the set here is pretty interesting with hypnosis to gain a good lead, also encore for early game setters.

:ss/Politoed:
Politoed @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Encore
- Hypnosis
- Ice Beam

The main core of this team is specs Kingdra and Band Barraskweda. Kingdra is an absolute sweeper. Only notable counters are like Water types. Barraskweda is a great wall breaker and counters rain threats like Zarude, Umbreon.

:ss/Kingdra:
Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Surf
- Hurricane
- Flip Turn
- Ice Beam

:ss/Barraskewda:
Barraskewda @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Liquidation
- Close Combat
- Flip Turn

Next into the team I wanted another rain setter just to stay safe and Ludicolo is the best option. It can also resist a few grass attacks. The Life Orb can be replaced with Damp Rock as well.

:ss/Ludicolo:
Ludicolo @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Rain Dance
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball

Next I needed is a great electric counter and the best option is Seismtoad as in we also get a good physical attacker.

:ss/Seismitoad:
Seismitoad @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Liquidation
- Substitute

And at last we have a scarf sweeper to clean up things, Xurkitree. It isn't that great as far as I've used it but isn't bad as well

:ss/Xurkitree:
Xurkitree @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Dazzling Gleam
- Volt Switch
- Energy Ball

That's it the final team! You can make a few changes to it as well by using something like Tornadus or prankster rain klefki with eject button. Hope you guys liked it, do let me know if there could be any changes

:politoed: :kingdra: :barraskewda: :ludicolo: :seismitoad: :Xurkitree:

You can find the importable team here - https://pokepast.es/a40d7c635dc1f235

Also, s/o to Flareblitzkreig for some help and reviews

Last edited:
First of all I would like to suggest some changes, I have used this team on the ladder (Tho then it had Tornadus and Klefki) And I had a pretty good time with it, I would suggest changing Xurkitree for Tornadus -

Tornadus (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Weather Ball
- Sludge Wave/Heat Wave
- Hurricane

With Sludge or Heat Wave it can easily counter Grass Type threats, I have not kept Focus Blast seeing its non relaible accuracey, Hurricane is a must in the set, and overall it will do a better job compared to Xurkitree.

One more suggetion, Please mention some common threats to get a better view of the team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)