Project SS RU Teambuilding Competition (Round 7: Swords Dance Spam Submissions!)

sensei axew

i’m not a stop along the way, i’m a destination
is a Community Contributoris a Three-Time Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
The votes are in! (There was a tie between Mac3 and Katy for 2nd place, so I decided to vote for Mac3!)

Loom - 5
Mac3 - 1
Katy - 0

Everyone gets points this week because there was only three participants. Congratulations to Loom for coming in 1st, Mac3 for coming in 2nd, and Katy for coming in 3rd!

Round #6 will be posted sometime after the DLC meta cools down!​

Last edited:

sensei axew

is a Community Contributoris a Three-Time Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Round #6 - Druddigon!

Druddigon is a fresh face for the tier and is already making waves on numerous types of builds due to its fantastic abilities, coverage moves, and utility options! Whether it's an offensive Stealth Rocker, defensive Stealth Rocker, or a wallbreaker sporting Sheer Force, I'm excited to see what you guys have in store!
Deadline for Submissions is Saturday, August 15th at 6 P.M. GMT-4
Good luck and have fun :)​

Alrighty I think I've came up with something quite neat-o

SCREW KLEFKI SQUAD
:sm/druddigon: :sm/silvally fairy: :sm/ninetales:
:sm/bronzong: :sm/drapion: :sm/hitmonlee:

Druddigon @ Lum Berry
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 116 HP / 252 Atk / 140 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Taunt
- Glare
- Earthquake

Silvally-Fairy @ Fairy Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- U-turn
- Multi-Attack
- Flame Charge

Ninetales @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Toxic
- Nasty Plot
- Solar Beam
- Fire Blast

Bronzong @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- Heavy Slam
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Hitmonlee (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Earthquake

Drapion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sniper
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Aqua Tail
- Poison Jab

The team is balanced offense, centered around Druddigon which goes for a mix of balance and offense with this set that as the title implies somewhat handles Klefki. Speed EVs are to outspeed Vaporeon and shut down wish, bypass Xatu's magic guard to prevent its shenanigans and most importantly denies Klefki from its hazards. Lum berry rids it of annoying twaves and it should live a play rough or two. Ninetails abuses taunted Klefki and punishes common switch ins with toxic, while Silvally Fairy aids in it sweeping teams with the benefit of dealing with dragon types that walls Ninetales. Both heavily appreciate glare from Druddigon.

Bronzong fills in the role of a rocker and deals with opposing setters and special attackers such as Gardevoir and Dragalge. Drapion acts as a revenge killer and a secondary check to fast psychics. Finally, Hitmonlee is an offensive spinner that actually deals with Klefki lacking fairy attacks, as limbers ignores t waves.

Mac3

im reminded theres no finer place to kiss
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
LO SF Druddigon HO
:druddigon::indeedee-f::hitmonlee::barraskewda::klefki::golurk:
This is a team I built around lo sf Druddigon as its a great rocker for offensive teams. I went with fire/poison/dragon coverage in order to both hit things that resist dragon STAB, but also weaken steels and fairies for the core of Indeedee + Hitmonlee. I then decided to tack on Barraskewda as I think it forms an amazing partnership with Hitmonlee as they break down the physical walls of the tier, like Mantine, Galarbro, and Vileplume. They also add speed-control for the team which allows me to skip needing a scarfer on the team, meaning that Indeedee is freed to be specs and tear down defensive cores for the core of lee and skewda. I then knew I wanted spikes and Klefki is our premier spiker, it also works as a possible wincon late-game thanks to cm. I then needed a volt immunity and decided to tack on Golurk as its able to decimate physical walls with STAB eq and poltergeist, instead of going banded I decided to go lo so I'm not as reliant on prediction. Golurk also works as a removal deterrent for the team, as it has thunder punch for the common Mantine's while also hitting no item Xatu, this is useful in order to keep up the pressure with hazards that the team exerts on standard balances.

1597431771072.png
:sm/druddigon:
1597431096699.png
1597431112794.png
:sm/bronzong: :sm/drapion:

Druddigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Thunder Punch
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Claw

Xatu @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Heat Wave
- Teleport
- Roost

Virizion @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Close Combat
- Leaf Storm
- Stone Edge
- Air Slash

Drapion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Battle Armor
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake
- Toxic Spikes

Bronzong @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Toxic
- Gyro Ball

Araquanid @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 188 HP / 252 Atk / 68 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Toxic
- Substitute
- Leech Life

Built a bulky offense centered around Sheer Force Drudd + mixed Viriz. Xatu doubles as a Teleport pivot and hazard control. Drap provides speed control, Knock utility and Tspikes. Bronzong provides lots of neat defensive resistances and sets SR. SubTox Araq Checks fires and breaks defensively oriented teams.

About the EVs: Drudd has EVs to outspeed max speed Rhyp and 0 speed Mantine. Araq has speed for base 50s. Didn't want more bc i'd like some extra bulk vs Lazzle, 9Tales. and Goodra This is also why i have lefties, but boots are fine too. Psychic on Zong is neat vs Goli and Lazzle, but Protect would be alright too. Gyro hits Goodra, Comfey, Indeedee, Lycanroc and Fairyvally. Ada Drap bc that's enough vs opposing scarfers such as Indeedee, Pass and Garde. Xatu outspeeds Bewear.

Attachments

:Druddigon: :Silvally-Steel: :Vaporeon: :Rotom-Mow: :Passimian: :Drapion:

Druddigon @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Glare
- Earthquake
- Gunk Shot

Druddigon as a Stealth Rock setter that can offer Glare support. Earthquake hits steel and electric type pokemon that cannot be hit by Glare. Gunk Shot punishs fairy pokemon looking to switch into Dragon Tail.

Silvally-Steel @ Steel Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Multi-Attack
- Parting Shot
- Flamethrower

Silvally-Steel acts as the teams Defogger, using Multi-Attack to threaten fairy type pokemon and Parting Shot to create opportunities for Rotom-Mow to setup a Nasty Plot. Flamethrower for steel/grass pokemon. Also resists ice moves aimed at Rotom and Druddigon.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Provides Wish support as well as Heal Bell. Scald carries a decent chance to burn and Protect can be used to scout sets.

Rotom-Mow @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Volt Switch
- Leaf Storm
- Will-O-Wisp

Rotom-Mow provides momentum for the team by clicking Volt Switch. Leaf Storm deals with the likes of Steelix and Rhyperior. Also provides Will-O-Wisp to ease setup for itself and Drapion.

Passimian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide
- U-turn

Choice Scarf Passimian forms a Volt-Turn Core with Rotom-Mow. Knock Off hits pokemon such as Jellicent looking to switch into Close Combat. Rock Slide hits rock weak pokemon like Charizard.

Drapion @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Aqua Tail

Drapion acts as the teams wallbreaker. Knock Off removes items such as Leftovers and Choice Band/Scarf. Poison Jab carries a decent chance to poison and Aqua Tail does more damage to Rhyperior. Shuca Berry allows Drapion to setup on a weakened ground type pokemon.

GoldCat

BOSSARU CUP WINNER
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a defending SCL Champion
:druddigon: :Indeedee-F: :slowbro: :bronzong: :scrafty: :rotom-mow:

This team is built around a 3 Atks Druddigon with Glare. Decided to pair Druddigon with Specs Indeedee, as it appreciates Steel-types being weakened by Sheer Force Fire Punch as well as abusing Druddigon paralyzing faster threats. Slowbro-G is next to deal with Fighting-types and also acts as a great setup sweeper. Heatproof Bronzong gives the team Stealth Rock and a sturdy switch-in to Specs Goodra, Indeedee-F, and Gardevoir. DD Scrafty is next as it loves Druddigon obliterating Fairies with Gunk Shot. Intimidate makes it easier for the team to switch into Pokémon like Rhyperior. Lastly, Rotom-Mow provides speed control, Water resist, and Defog support.

I had surprisingly great results with this team in this RULT cycle going something like 20-3 with it.

sensei axew

Round #6 - Voting Phase *click on the team to find the description/importable of the team*

Team #1 - :druddigon: :silvally: :ninetales: :bronzong: :drapion: :hitmonlee: by SpookMÆN
Team #2 - :druddigon: :indeedee-f: :hitmonlee: :barraskewda: :klefki: :golurk: by Mac3
Team #3 - :druddigon: :araquanid: :xatu: :virizion: :bronzong: :drapion: by eifo
Team #4 -:druddigon: :silvally: :vaporeon: :rotom-mow: :passimian: :drapion:by HiddenPower23
Team #5 -:druddigon: :indeedee-f: :slowbro: :bronzong: :scrafty: :rotom-mow: by GoldCat

Deadline for Voting is Tuesday, August 18th at 11:59 PM GMT-4
*Remember that you may NOT vote for yourself if you have a submission*
*Also remember to vote for TWO submissions* (note that in Goldcat's submission it is slowbro-galar not slowbro)
GOOD LUCK :)​

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)