SS Ubers SS Ubers Team

Hi, I would like to know your opinion on Crobat. Oh, and also on my trashy Ubers team.

So, this is my first team I've ever made. I know a fair bit about competitive, but there are still MANY things I need to learn more about. Such as items and good switches. I was hoping that by posting my team here, I could get some good feedback and info. I've read the thread rules, but if I somehow screw up and go against them without realizing, please let me know. Anyways, here's the team. (Btw I made all the EV spreads from the Smogon recommendations because I am very unknowledgeable when it comes to those.)

give me ur stats (Marshadow)
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Close Combat
- Acrobatics
- Poison Jab

Up first, we have a Marshadow. From what I've heard and experienced in my short competitive experience, Marshadow is to Ubers as Landorus is to OU. I decided to get my filthy little gremlin hands on one of these fellas due to its ability to quickly counter most one-Pokemon sweeps with Spectral Thief. Plus, it has a great typing of Ghost paired with Fighting, which makes it nuetral to dark moves that would otherwise slaughter it if it was simply Ghost. I added Close Combat for a strong STAB fighting move. I would've used Focus Blast, due to Close Combat's stat consequences, but I swear getting that thing to hit is rarer than a shiny in Red and Blue (Y'know, since it can't happen.) I added in Acrobatics, since it can be pretty strong on an itemless Marsh like this one. I wasn't sure what to add for the fourth move slot, so I just threw in Poison Jab because Fairy types are scary. If you have any better recommendations for the fourth slot, feel free to tell me.

snowy cheeks (Sandslash-Alola) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Slush Rush
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Hail
- Triple Axel
- Swords Dance
- Substitute

Alright, next up is Alolan Sandslash. I chose this mon because of my memorable experience of getting swept by one in a Random Battle yesterday. I gave this mini Sonic the Hedgehog a Focus Sash, since it's not the most durable mon. I'm thinking about changing Substitute for something else, since it would stop the Focus Sash from doing its job if needed. I haven't yet, since I'm not sure what would be the best to swap it for. Like Marsh's Poison Jab, I'm looking for any recommendations for it. A combo of Sash, Swords Dance, and Triple Axel can be pretty deadly, from my experience. I mean, everyone has gotten curb-stomped by a Sandslash or Weavile with this strat at least once. Slush Rush can become pretty useful if I get the change to activate Hail, but I'm not sure about keeping Hail in the moveset either, since this mon is supposed to be a glass cannon after setting up a Swords Dance or two. Again, if you have any recommendations for that, let me know as well.

fat squirrel (Greedent) @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Cheek Pouch
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Crunch
- Fire Fang
- Wild Charge

Okay, so this is a pretty common strat I picked up from stalking random people's matches. Belly drum, berry, boom. Though it can go very wrong if the user takes a bit too much damage before they have the chance to use Belly Drum and then Lapapa. So, it's a bit of a risky strat, but I'm willing to use it. I usually lose anyways lol. Anyways, let me just go through the other moves. Crunch for psychic, ghost, and all that. Fire Fang for the Grass, Bug, Steel. Wild Charge for those cursed birds of my nightmares. Simple enough set, though it could probably do with some improvement.

begula (Kyogre) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunder
- Origin Pulse
- Calm Mind
- Ancient Power

Next up is everyone's favorite smiley, big whale boi.... the upgraded Wailord, Kyogre! This is the simple Drizzle-Thunder set, with an additional Calm Mind for those juicy stat boosts. Ancient Power is just another move I threw in because of its low stat-boost chance. Plus, it adds just a bit more type coverage. It's small, but everything helps. Better than an empty slot. Like every other Pokemon, I'm looking for advice for this move slot, since Ancient Power isn't actually too good.

oragami :) (Kartana) @ Coba Berry
Ability: Beast Boost
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike
- Psycho Cut

Speedy little piece of paper. That's it. On to Scolipede, bois!
Just kidding.
I picked Kartana for its good movepool, with moves to cover varying types. Plus, Beast Boost! Beast Boost can be OP in the right situations. I'm thinking about whether or not I should add Swords dance, but I'm not sure about it, since Beast Boost takes care of stats if Kartana is able to get a kill. Plus, Kartana is a glass cannon who would likely get one-shotted right after Swords Dance. Plus, I can't replace the Coba Berry with a Focus Sash, since Sandslash already has one. any advice on this?

why am I here (Scolipede) @ King's Rock
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Toxic
- Megahorn
- Hex

Alright, Toxic Spikes is OP, and Scolipede is the perfect pick for a hazard mon, since it has fairly high speed. I also gave it Toxic in case the current enemy Poke poses a threat and is unlikely to switch out. I threw in Megahorn for a fairly strong Bug STAB, and Hex to take advantage of enemies that have been hit by Toxic. Don't ask about the King's Rock...... I didn't know what else to use.

Sorry about the shorter explanations, I'm getting tired. I may update this to be more descriptive later. Anyways, I'm just gonna end this here, since there's nothing else to say. Can't wait for feedback so that my skills can become a little less revolting.

Last edited:

Jeong

Banned deucer.
(Sorry for the late reply)
That's exactly why I came to the forum for help.
You can try to get ideas from here, there are very good sample teams that I think can help you.
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/submissions-closed-ss-sample-teams-dlc2.3675564/

If you prefer, you can also enter here, where there is a good diversity of teams with many styles of play. In any case, I consider it better to review the sample teams, it will be easier.
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/ss-ubers-bazaar-post-your-teams-here.3674696/
Both are found in the "Smogon Metagames" part and then in Ubers.

Coba berry don't work in kartana. Only work against super efective hits. Max speed in greedent....just no (but this mon is unviable in the tier anyway).
The sandslash set is also bad, sub + sash is bad in general and this set should run max atack and speed and adamant/jolly nature. But the mon is unviable.

You can use the same item in more than one mon. Also check good sets for kyogre and marshadow:

https://www.smogon.com/dex/ss/pokemon/kyogre/
https://www.smogon.com/dex/ss/pokemon/marshadow/

Scolipede can use this set but better if you use other mon. Use that as a lead and megahorn > pin misil with no deoxys in the meta:

https://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/scolipede/

Is no item for Acrobatics really worth it? Also, Idk why Scolipede is Hex(or, indeed, why it is used.) If you're bent on a mixed set, use Venoshock for STAB.

I know nothing of Ubers lol but these are just general considerations that shouldn't matter the tier. i agree w. all the above-Sash+Sub for instance is usually bad, I have a weird Malamar for BSS on cart I used to use that has both, but logic in that pairing is rare.

As for thoughts on Crobat(which you're not even using xd, though this being Ubers that can only be a good thing,) I think you could get away w/ using it on cart. But it probably needs Taunt so you at least shut down Hippo.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)