UU SS UU Ladder Tournament 2020 - Playoffs [Won by Pokeisfun]

Estarossa

moo?
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
C&C Leader
Welcome to the Playoffs portion of the SS UnderUsed Ladder Tournament! Now that we have reached the second stage, the 16 people who have qualified in the 4 laddering cycles will face off against each other in Best-of-Three sets in an attempt to emerge victorious.

Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • Standard SS UU.
  • Best of three, single elimination.
  • Battles should take place on Pokemon Showdown!
  • SS cartridge win conditions are in place, there are no ties.
  • Tiers are locked at the beginning of each round.
  • Replays are mandatory for each game in Playoffs.
The seeding after the last cycle is as follows:

#1 - Cam 1759
#2 - CBU 1744
#3 - Panther-T 1734
#4 - pokeisfun 1726

#5 - Highways 1755
#6 - Xiri 1753
#7 - (winner of 100%GXE vs mind gaming) 1748
#8 - Amane Misa 1734
#9 - Accelgor 1733
#10 - ZoroDark 1732
#11 - Slowpoke92i 1716
#12 - Finding True Love 1712
#13 - Shoot 1710
#14 - solonor24 1705
#15 - Sabella 1694
#16 - GW 1690

As a reminder, 100%GXE vs mind gaming are required to play a BO3 to qualify, due to tieing for the final slot in Cycle 4 with equal Elo and GXE. Please try and get this game done asap if possible!

From this, we get the following pairings:

Round 1

#1 Cam vs #16 GW
#2 CBU vs #15 Sabella
#3 Panther-T vs #14 solonor24
#4 pokeisfun vs #13 Shoot
#5 Highways vs #12 Finding True Love
#6 Xiri vs #11 Slowpoke92i
#7 (winner of 100%GXE vs mind gaming) vs #10 ZoroDark
#8 Amane Misa vs #9 Accelgor

Deadline is Sunday May 24th. Feel free to ask for an extension if necessary due to UUPL finals.

Good luck to all participants and I hope you all have fun playing!

Last edited:
I am bored with nothing to do, and so that is why I am here doing predicts. Before you ask how I wrote these so fast, I wrote these while waiting for the tiebreak game between 100%GXE and mind gaming. I didn't predict that series because no point since it hasn't happened at the time I'm writing this, maybe I'll edit it in later. Also I want first (well, second) post :bloblul:

1. Cam vs. 16. GW: This is the matchup I have the least to comment on since I don't know what either of these guys like, use, or even how they play. According to some sources in another discord both of these two are good so long as they have teams. If I'm not mistaken though Cam was using solonor teams, which might end up biting him back here since GW is a fellow solo goon and probably also has teams from him. One of the more coinflippy matchups in my opinion so I'll just split it evenly and leave it at that.

2. CBU vs. 15. Sabella: Already we come to the first highlight matchup. CBU has been on a tear in UUPL, while Sabella played through over 200 games to qualify here in the first place. While CBU does play like a man on a mission whenever he's motivated, Sabella has equal of that motivation, if not more from how many games he played to get here. Dealing with his own UUPL team and game may also have a hamper on the Choice Banded Umbreon's motivation, I have no doubt that he'll be ready to win this tour for the second time in a row. I could definitely see Sabella taking this, but CBU's general consistently makes this an edge in his favor.

3. Panther vs. 14. solonor24: Two rising stars face here, with solonor gaining traction over these fast few months and Panther gaining considerably less hype, but both are great nonetheless. While solonor has an aggressive playstyle, perhaps overly so in the eyes of some, Panther generally goes with the flow and also has some pretty cool ideas. (Though the Specs Sylveon + Choice Scarf Celebi team gives me PTSD...) Originally this was predicted in Panther's favor, then solonor's, then I decided to just make it a coinflip. This could really go either way, really.

4. pokemonisfun vs. 13. Shoot: I'm going to keep this brief because I really don't know who Shoot is at all. A few people have said he's good but I'll need to see more before I would ever predict him over someone good, much less pif. There's not really much introducing to do on pif, he's been a ladder hero for ages, yada yada yada. I would be very surprised if he loses this but gotta give everyone a chance I suppose, so maybe Shoot will win.

5. Highways vs. 12. Finding True Love: This one is also going to be short because I barely know either of these people well beyond the fact that they were both on the Doctors last UUPL. Highways is Brazillian (and so is the guy facing pif) so we're going to be seeing a ton of "ganhamos," "perdemos" and other Brazillian phrases that hs taught me that I didn't bother to memorize. Anyway, last time I saw FTL laddering, he was using some double Eeveelution team that looked bad and good at the same time. Highways also tried to stall Cam but got foiled because he was in like 5 other games either way. FTL gets the slight edge solely for the fact that I've heard good things about him. (not counting the fact that said good things were in old gens.)

6. Xiri vs. 11. Slowpoke92i: The SM UU championships winner faces the other up and coming UU ladder hero Ramolost. Similar to Sabella, Xiri played a ridiculous amount of games to get here. (I believe the final count was 280 or less, but it was over 260.) This should give him the motivation to win, alongside his rather unfortunate UUPL record. Ramo, on the other hand, has the exact opposite motivation, qualifying Cycle 1 with 80 games or so if I recall correctly, while not officially being in UUPL. Ramo hasn't had any results in official tours to speak of, while Xiri pretty much qualifies for every lower tier circuit. This is another match that I'll split evenly, though I'm partial towards Xiri for his overrall experience here.

8. Amane Misa vs. 9. Accelgor: Easily one of, if not the best matchups here. Both of these players need no introduction among the UU community. While Misa had an inactive period of time, she's returned and has managed to crush ladder and qualify for UULT playoffs for the second time. Accel has been around since PO days and puts in an admirable amount of work whenever he's motivated for anything. It's hard predicting against one of my friends but I think Accel has to be given the slight edge here. While he did have a down period in the middle of UUPL, he's gone past that and I'm sure he's on a mission to prove his worth in SS. I'm excited to see my two dear friends fight it out here.

Good luck to all of the participants! Rooting for my friends CBU, Panther-T, and whoever wins Misa vs. Accel.

#1 Cam vs #16 GW - Both are quite competent players, hard to say who's better
#2 CBU vs #15 Sabella - I think CBU has a slight edge and experience in SS UU
#3 Panther-T vs #14 solonor24 Should be a close one
#4 pokeisfun vs #13 Shoot The best player in this entire tour to be fair, can't see him not winning. Peak PIF commands a level of play that I just cant see anyone in this tour beating.
#5 Highways vs #12 Finding True Love - Not sure
#6 Xiri vs #11 Slowpoke92i - Not sure
#7 (winner of 100%GXE vs mind gaming) vs #10 ZoroDark Boss
#8 Amane Misa vs #9 Accelgor Eid Mubarak in advance

Good luck to all, alot of high level players here

ramolost

parfum quartier
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
#1 Cam vs #16 GW ok this one is tough they r 2 good players but i give an edge to gw coz i know that cam barely played that tier beside uult when gw tried a bit more. should be super close tho like cam can very likely win
#2 CBU vs #15 Sabella sabella is good but cbu is cbu what do u guys want me to say here ?? we cant stop the greek. he won last year and hes winning this year too
#3 Panther-T vs #14 solonor24 i refuse to bold solo because even if hes my friend, his ego is already way too high and i dont want to be responsible of this. but ik both r super competant players and that mr panther agains the italian but not italian guy will be a great game.
#4 pokeisfun vs #13 Shoot ily pif u got this but please dont bring vileplume as your pangoro counter
#5 Highways vs #12 Finding True Love his name is cooler
#6 Xiri vs #11 Slowpoke92i ahahhaha look his name is slowpoke92i so cringe this guy is probably super bad what an awful name
#7 (winner of 100%GXE vs mind gaming) vs #10 ZoroDark ok so gxe (yes gxe got this tiebreak) against zoro should be an intersting game. i dont bold gxe coz i dont really know zoro like all ik is that hes old af and old ppl r usually wise and good at mons(still dk why tho) but gxe clapped me on ladder w scrafty so i cant bold against him
#8 Amane Misa vs #9 Accelgor accel should got this hes such a good player even if he didnt brought sneasel in uupl when i told him to. should be a cool serie tho

Last edited:

Lily

wouldn't that be fine, dear
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader
Hi hello it's your resident ladder hero who didn't actually ladder, here to make some bad predictions

#1 Cam vs #16 GW - Literally all I know about either of these players is that Cam didn't open viv's team's pokepaste after PinkDragonTamer somehow pasted it in the game chat, and GW owned me on ladder a ridiculous amount of times with a Drapion. I've never seen either of them play on full form but I think this should be good.

#2 CBU vs #15 Sabella - I'm a HUGE fan of Sabella and I think that out of the players in this pool, he has one of the best shots at taking CBU down. That said, CBU is a demon and I struggle to bold against him in any modern UU tier. Not really a super big edge, but it's there.

#3 Panther-T vs #14 solonor24 - Both of these players are HEAT and I can't wait to watch this one. The only reason I'm bolding solo is because I haven't actually seen Panther play in a tournament setting, whereas solo has his results (hope frisoeva is doing ok)

#4 pokeisfun
vs #13 Shoot - Idk much about Shoot but pif is pif. I literally can't ever see him losing in a game he's taking seriously.

#5 Highways vs #12 Finding True Love - Highways is heat and I don't know FTL. Everyone's gassing them up tho so they might completely blow this prediction out of the water. Should be a fun one

#6 Xiri vs #11 Slowpoke92i - Ramo 100% knows the tier better than Xiri does, but Xiri has the results to back up his skill a bit more. I don't think this edge is nearly as great as it could be purely because Ramo will more than likely win in the builder department.

#7 (winner of 100%GXE vs mind gaming) vs #10 ZoroDark - Don't know mind gaming particularly well, but I do know GXE is a very skilled player w/ a ton of creative stuff in the builder, but I can't bold against Zoro ever since he's taken an interest in this tier. This is the matchup I'm most looking forward to bc I'm a huge fan of both Zoro and GXE, and even if mind gaming takes the tiebreak, it should be a great one to watch.

#8 Amane Misa vs #9 Accelgor - HEAT HEAT HEAT HEAT HEAT HEAT HEAT HEAT HEAT HEAT HEAT (i've never seen misa play bc i'm too much of a zoomer but she owned me on ladder at least 753725 times with quagsire. accel is accel and idt theres any player in this tier that he can't take down. gonna be a fun one)

these sucked BUT i hope everyone has fun, may the best loser win :blobwizard:

TMM bad predicts

#1 Cam vs #16 GW - Not sure about this one. I hear Cam is cool but GW is p cool too and i think i have interacted with GW more. I think Greninja Warrior got this. :psyduck:

#2 CBU vs #15 Sabella - CBU cant lose. For me cbu is one of the best players to have ever played this game. Vamos Vets!!

#3 Panther-T vs #14 solonor24 - Panther Stole a lot of elo from me but he's a p chill guy. Solo is like the baddest mofo on the site. big edge.
Lets fucking get it broski!:psyduck:s rise up!

#4 pokeisfun vs #13 Shoot - Pif is awesome. m00la tour champ. Im excited to see what he brings this tour. idk this shoot guy. Go pif!

#5 Highways vs #12 Finding True Love - I saw highways gatekeep ppl from qualifying which was very entertaining but i always see people gassing up FTL so idk.

#6 Xiri vs #11 Slowpoke92i - oml Ramo u got this! if u win i wont HAHA ur posts anymore lmao :psysly:

#7 (winner of 100%GXE vs mind gaming) vs #10 ZoroDark - UU master gxe got this if he doesnt meme:psyduck:
100gxe.PNG

#8 Amane Misa vs #9 Accelgor - This match is hella fire. Both really good players but im pretty biased towards my brother Accel. Go Sexy! GO VETS!!

Last edited:
Here are my trash predicts...

#1 Cam vs #16 GW - thas my boy GW, what a goat player... he should win this with no hax

#2 CBU vs #15 Sabella - cbu has beaten me a good amount of times in SM UU so like I'm picking him to win.

#3 Panther-T vs #14 solonor24 - OH MAN OH MAN THE MAN WITH A PLAN SOLONORRRRR, I feel like my dawg boutta get smacked by hax but still boutta find a way to win it bc he has came a long way to earn the respect he has right now.

#4 pokeisfun vs #13 Shoot- pif is love

#5 Highways vs #12 Finding True Love I like this guy's name, keep on looking for that love

#6 Xiri vs #11 Slowpoke92i One of my go-to guys to get teams from for this dogshit tier of Sword and Shield Underused. Plus he's a good friend of mine so I'm expecting him to win and just look at that iconic Smogon name.

#7 (winner of 100%GXE vs mind gaming) vs #10 ZoroDark - Just look at his name, obviously he's going to win he has 100% gxe.

#8 Amane Misa vs #9 Accelgor I got my boy winning this matchup, this is a fire ass matchup btw wtf, winner of this should step down as RO tbh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)