UU SS UU Ladder Tournament 2021 - Playoffs [Won by Pokemonisfun]

rinnegan418

Banned deucer.
Kink vs shiba
Both of these players are true veterans when it comes to uu and have a ton of experience. Kink strikes me as the better player and also the more active player as I think he built his r1 teams while shiba stole/borrowed(feel free to correct me if im wrong). I think this series will be close and i don't count shiba out but he is outmatched both in terms of raw ability and metagame knowledge here but he could very easily have friends pass him some crack and win. Gonna be a really fun one to watch as a spec
verdict: Kink wins the boomer showdown

accel vs maki
Maki did a good job in turning around his series vs lily and looked solid a lot of times while also looking lost other times and prolly overall lost if it wasn't for luck in g3. Accel himself is coming off a really close bo3 where he really had to dig deep to get the win. To me accel is the better player and should win this more times than not but makis unpredictability might pose as a serious problem. I think this series goes to a g3 which accel via his experience and skill wins
verdict:furry loses to chad

adaam vs prodigez
Adaam STOMPED me in our series very hard and i think he does the same here. Prodigez is a solid player but i think you need to be more than just a solid player to beat adaam here
verdict:adaam in 2

HIGHLIGHT MU

juan vs pif
i see this series going one of two ways. 1.juan stomps pif or 2 pif stomps juan.
the safer option would be two but knowing what type of crack juan is capable off i'm gonna have to go with option 1. There is also this mindgame of will pif bring stall or not that juan has to deal with but juan isn't one of those players that just give up/panic when they face stall so its gonna be interesting to see what happens. I'm really looking forward to this series and i doubt it will disappoint good luck to both
verdict:juan upsets the defending uult champ

Good luck to everyone. Hopefully we get some high level clean series

KM

slayification
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
#1 pokemonisfun vs #9 juan123juan - 75-25 pokemonisfun

not just saying this because he 2-0d me but pif is probably the person in this pool best equipped to deal with whatever juan brings. juan is insane and it's pretty likely that he nabs one game from pif but i'm predicting it'll be a 2-1 at the end. very excited for this series and happy i don't have to be in it.

#2 Kink vs #10 Shiba 53-47 Shiba

both veterans who are incredibly strong and know uu inside and out so it could go either way. giving the edge to shiba because i've seen him more actively trying to catch up and innovate recently -- that's not to say kink is stagnant or not trying, but his prep is more of an unknown to me. almost certainly going to be a 2-1, likely three close games.

#3 Accel vs #4 Maki 65-35 Accel

again i am voting against the furry. accel's round 1 games were super close but he showed a clear sense of direction and planning throughout them, whereas in makis games there were a few moments that made it seem like he wasn't zoomed out enough on the overall winpath. maki definitely has the ability to clutch this, but my vote goes to accel because he's just consistently strong.

#4 ProDigeZz vs #5 Adaam 70-30 Adaam

adaam, like pif, is a super solid player that won't be thrown off by unconventional sets or new strategies, and i think prod will struggle to break through his teams and pull out a win. all the players in this pool are super strong, so literally any win is possible and not unlikely, but adaam has been too convincingly dominant for me not to bold him.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Bias predictions, everyone loves them.

Kink vs Shiba: Shiba will avenge the dog.

Accel vs Maki: if accel has million number of fans i am one of them . if accel has ten fans i am one of them. if accel have only one fan and that is me . if accel has no fans, that means i am no more on the earth . if world against the accel, i am against the world.

Pif vs Juan: Will pif be able to beat juan + party of 10? Will Juan get banned before this happens? Quite an interesting matchup.

Prodigez vs Adaam: Adaam just has the better name that's why he's getting bold.

pif vs juan

my prediction is juan gets banned before the series is played, pif wins by default

accel vs maki

comes down to whoever is ghosting maki. if its the randos from adv 1v1 then he has no chance, if its anyone else he still probably has no chance

kink vs shiba

kink been on one lately and shiba gassed himself after haxing franco

prodigezz vs adaam

adaam has 17 copies of corey in the house on nintendo ds, where as prodigezz probably doesnt have as many

Indigo Plateau

is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
UU Leader
pif vs juan
This one’s the easiest one for me to predict. pif is a UU main and has been doing extremely well in SS UU recently, whereas I’ve watched some of juan’s games (never UU though) and haven’t been wowed yet. Rooting for the ladder matters goon.

kink vs shiba
My personal highlight for the round and the toughest one to predict. Although neither of them strike me as SS players, I know Kink has been fairly involved with the tier for a while. The reason I’m bolding kink is because he builds by himself and I simp for self-sufficient players. It’s gotta be a good balance of creativity and just outright inferior sets/moves for him though, especially when Shiba has the friends & resources necessary to use very solid squads and pivot them well.

accel vs MAKI
LOL how does this unviable clown keep making it into these individuals? He keeps asking me for help every round & I comply because I feel bad... then somehow his dogshit teams end up being used in Slam? Knock this moron out of this tour already bruh

prodigez vs adam
Somehow people think Adam is better than me in SS, but they must be high as shit. Dude went negative in UUPL and this isn’t SM anymore like c’mon now. Jokes aside, I do consider Adam to be a top 3 player (myself accelgor tfw above him ofc but accel and I are one) overall when it comes to UU, and I really enjoy his building too. There are very few times when I’d bold his opp against him, and this isn’t one of them.

Last edited:

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
prodigez vs adam
Somehow people think Adam is better than me in SS, but they must be high as shit. Dude went negative in UUPL and this isn’t SM anymore like c’mon now. Jokes aside, I do consider Adam to be a top 3 player (myself accelgor tfw above him ofc) overall when it comes to UU, and I really enjoy his building too. There are very few times when I’d bold his opp against him, and this isn’t one of them.
How can Adaam be top 3 if IP, Accelgor, and TFW are above him?

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
I don't mind playing TheFlawlessWin or the winner of dunoks vs Lilburr vs TheFlawlessWin round robin.

Of course cheating hurts the reputation of the tournament and eats at our culture and integrity. But in terms of direct benefits to the players in the tournament, I don't mind transferring my benefit (a bye this round) to TFW (a second chance) or to the three who lost to alleged cheaters (dunoks, lilburr, tfw).

I think the integrity of this tournament is shot and it's unfortunate, might as well make a roundrobin to make things more hype again, if that's possible.

Edit:

Wait sorry Maki and Accel obviously didn't cheat. My apologies. Maybe just me playing TFW, I really don't mind that.

Estarossa

moo?
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
C&C Leader
Regarding TheFlawlessWin and Round 2

As many will have seen, juan123juan has been Tournament banned (and subsequently banned from the forums) for taking part in large scale Ghosting during this UULT.

After discussion with Perry, he has given permission for us to allow TheFlawlessWin into Round 2, due to the circumstances surrounding his week 1 match's opponent receving Ghosting and pif being willing to let this go ahead. Perry has said to make sure that it should be noted that this is an exception to the rule and a one-time incident intended to restore the integrity of this tour, and will not be used as a precedent by the TD team in future incidents of this nature.

The new matchup for Round 2 will be:

#1 pokemonisfun vs #8 TheFlawlessWin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)