Tournament SS ZU Ladder Tournament - Won by czim

5gen

jumper
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Week 4 Results
  1. ZULT4A fruits (a fruitshop owner): 1436
  2. ZULT4A zugu (zugubu royale): 1411
  3. zult4a gen (5gen): 1395
  4. ZULT4A Jon (JonAmon 25): 1372
zult w4.PNG

1. ZULT2A Ho3n (Ho3nConfirm3d): 1490
  2. ZULT1A yvn (yovan33321): 1481
  3. ZULT1A Tangent (Tangent Phi): 1469
  4. ZULT2A DEVILSLANCE (SOMALIA): 1468
  5. zult1a landowner (UBERLandon21): 1465
  6. ZULT2A Sirocco (Sciroccoo): 1457
  7. ZULT2A Czim (czim): 1452
  8. ZULT3A Totodile (T0T0DI!E): 1449
  9. ZULT1A Procras (Procrastinasian): 1441
  10. ZULT4A fruits (a fruitshop owner): 1436
  11. ZULT3A TWiTT (TWiTT): 1428
  12. ZULT4A zugu (zugubu royale): 1411
  13. zult4a gen (5gen): 1395
  14. ZULT3A Sieef (Sieeeffmon): 1384
  15. ZULT3A Abomasnow (Tuthur1): 1383
  16. ZULT4A Jon (JonAmon 25): 1372

Round 1
(1) Ho3nConfirm3d vs (16) JonAmon 25
(2) yovan33321 vs (15) Tuthur1
(3) Tangent Phi vs (14) Sieeeffmon
(4) SOMALIA vs (13) 5gen
(5) UBERLandon21 vs (12) zugubu royale
(6) Sciroccoo vs (11) TWiTT
(7) czim vs (10) a fruitshop owner
(8) T0T0DI!E vs (9) Procrastinasian

The deadline for round 1 is Sunday June 28th at 9:00 pm GMT -4. All the changes from the DLC are legal and playoffs are bo3 and single elimination.

Last edited:

Apagogie

Zee you later
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Time to write my predictions :

Ho3nConfirmed vs JonAmon 25 (70 - 30)
Ho3nConfirm3d is one of the best player in ZU currently who stays up to date with the current meta post dlc. It would be surprising to see anything beside a victory from his part. JonAmon is a decent player but except if I miss something, he hasn't joined many tours before this one so the stress will be important to manage, especially against a good player. If he wants to win, I think he will have to bet on preparation and fishing for match ups. Ho3n chokes sometimes as well so even if this bo3 shouldn't be close and Jon shouldn't win more than one battle, everything stays possible.

yovan33321 vs Tuthur1 (50 - 50)
A french dual round one and this could go either way. Yovan33321 had very good results in zupl last year, he is a very good player overall and a good competitor who can really bring any team in a tour. He is very flexible and very careful about his preparation. However, he hasn't played ZU a lot these last weeks so he could lack of knowledge especially on how mons are played. At the contrary, Tuthur has experienced our new meta before and post dlc. His builds are solid and every weakness is carefully taken into account. He becames better days after days at this game, one of the best revelation of the year so he could go far. He is not perfect though, he also has a trend to be in autopilot during the whole game which could lead to choke end games and a defeat unexplained. Tuthur will have to manage his stress as well which could help his opponent. This is finally an interesting dual of personalities between yovan who always brings original teams match up based and Tuthur with solid and classic builds which work in any situation. I'm looking forward to watching this battle.

Tangent Phi vs Sieeeffmon (55- 45)
I don't know very well the two players, Sieeeffmon has an experience in official tours that Tangent Phi doesn't really have even if he has joined several french private tours. However Tangent Phi had 83 of Gxe on ladder so I will bet on him. Lets see how the battle will be, it risks to be close.

SOMALIA vs 5gen (45 - 55)
Difficult to choose here but I think 5gen has more chances to win here. Somalia is known to bring interesting builds very original which could always lead to a surprise even the last rounds of a battle. He is also someone who is aware of the recent changes so I'm sure he will do a solid performance here. However, 5gen is not tier leader of ZU for nothing. He has always been present in many tourmanents and is known for his consistency. Despite a little break in ZU these last weeks, he came back with this last week of zult to experience the meta, including post dlc. I trust him to bring broken teams with broken mons and to win this bo3.

UberLandon21 vs Zugubu royale (45 - 55)
I don't know well these two players in ZU so I watched a bit what they were. Uberlandon21 is used to play tournaments but I haven't found any battle played recently in ZU, maybe in hidereplay. It's the same thing for zugubu royale. By reaction scores, I would say zugubu royale is favorite.

Sciroccoo vs TwiTT (60 - 40)
Scirocco is a very good builder overall, very creative and very flexible and a good competitor who is used to join tournaments. It's thanks to him I have been 5-0 in pspl in NU only due to the quality of teams he was able to provide. His experience in ZU is not the greatest though, so he will have to work on that and maybe be helped. I have absolutely no idea who is his opponent but his gxe looks correct. Even if this vote is a bit biaised, I think Sciroccoo has better chances to win here.

czim vs a fruitshop owner (55 - 45)
Two really good players right here, it is clearly the match of the week. Blalib is used to play in tours and has always been consistent years after years so we can expect a solid bo3 form his part. However, czim is his opponent and czim is the goat, it's one of the player with the best knowledge of the meta right now, who is as consistent as blalib and made several amazing performances in builder or in player in the past. I think the experience of gen8zu will give an advantage to czim and makes the match up in his favor but it could really go in both directions.

T0T0DI!E vs Procrastinasian (50 - 50)
I know a bit the two players but not enough to decide who has more chances to win right here. They are both used to join roomtours, Totodie likes bringing really offensive teams when Procrastinasian generally used more bulky builds. I don't think they have any experience in official tournaments so it's a good first battle tour for both I would say. It will be an interesting match to watch.

Last edited:

5gen

jumper
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
PU banned Silvally-Grass, Silvally-Psychic, and Gourgeist-Large, but since the week went up before those bans, they are still legal this week. Play your matches in gen 8 NU as a result. I won't penalize players for using the ZU format, but understand that by doing so you are limiting what you can use this week (assuming bans are implemented by the time you play).

Tuthur

Haha CEO
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
My predictions:
Ho3nConfirmed vs Procrastinasian (60-40)
I think that Ho3n is overall a better player than Procrastinasian. However, I think that with good preparation Procrastinasian is able to win versus him.
zugubu royale vs 5gen (50-50)
zugubu is the most mysterious player in this round, so it will be hard for 5gen to prepare for him. In contrary, 5gen is one of the most active ZU player and knows the meta very well. I don't know which of zugubu's preparation or 5gen's ZU experience will win.
yovan33321 vs czim (45-55)
czim is imo ZU's best player. However yovan's preparation can be excellent, and he can make good use of underrated Pokemon to unsettle czim.
Tangent Phi vs Sciroccoo (50-50)
I don't know any of the players well, but they seem to play ZU a lot together. This will be for sure an interesting bo3.

Won vs zugu in 3 fun(?) but tough ones. Gonna echo what i said in the room and thank Tuthur1, Union Caboche and Procrastinasian specially for all the testing we did throughout the tour. U guys are awesome. Also ty to Ho3nConfirm3d , Aaronboyer, SpacialRendevous and everyone else I tested with (sry if i forgot). Feels good to get my first ZU win after coming very close in past tours.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8zu-1154072863-6bgjc71f2p3xwngt053q7zps20ztx4zpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8zu-1154076786-7m0gskd27gb8rjex79as98mdkle8su0pw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8zu-1154088653-5jstpxx9js274bl50axah3e6bapszz6pw

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)