Project SS ZU Secret Santa 2021

Approved by 5gen
Stolen from czim (ZU) and PTF (PU)

:blobuwu: SS ZU Secret Santa! :blobuwu:

1606851679433.png

(please submit your Pokémon or core before the deadline)

Building Deadline: December 25th
I warmly welcome you to ZU's annual Secret Santa! Welcome to ZU's annual Secret Santa. It's that time of year again where we celebrate the festive season and what better way to do that than to give and receive gifts!

As most of you probably know, Secret Santa is an event in which the members of a community anonymously exchange gifts between themselves. In this particular Secret Santa, which, deep down, will work similarly to a teambuilding workshop, each person who signs up will PM me with a Pokemon or a core (I'll provide more information on this below) they'd like someone else to build a team with. Afterwards, everyone who joined the project will receive one of the aforementioned ideas and will have to build a team with it until the submission deadline. Finally, the teams will be sent to the people who requested them and this thread will be used for further discussion. Easy, isn't it? Let's get to the rules then!

General Rules:
  • Post "in" or whatever else you want to (as long as the intent is clear) to join.
  • Don't sign up if you can't guarantee that you'll be able to finish building a team in time. I'll try to keep tabs on everyone and help if needed, but depending on the amount of sign ups we get, it could be hard to do this.
  • Avoid telling people what request you sent/got, as it could ruin the project's purpose.

Submission Rules:
  • Each request submission should be sent to me through Smogon PM. You don't need to do it right after signing up, but if you fail to do it until the deadline then your sign up will be void.
  • Requests will be looked at on a case by case basis. It is preferred that requests are kept viable, but if you really want a team with an unranked/seemingly unviable Pokemon then you can try your luck.
  • Cores are usually preferred over individual Pokemon (i.e. Thwackey+Skuntank over just Thwackey) unless one of the Pokemon is known to be hard to build around or straight up uncommon (such as Regice or Bouffalant). Once again, this will be looked into on a case by case basis, and while I might not directly enforce anything, I could end up suggesting changes.
  • If you want your requested Pokemon or core to have specific sets, you're allowed to mention it.
  • After sign ups close, I'll use the same PM each user sent with their request in order to let them know the Pokemon or core that was assigned to them.
  • Once you're done building, post the team you made on the thread and share the gift! (Try to add a small description to make your gift even better!)
  • You don't have to wait until building deadline to share your gift, share it whenever you feel comfortable with it!

Recommendations:
  • Don't be afraid to join just because you feel like your teambuilding skills aren't on par. I'm down to help everyone who feels this way (or even if you're just having a hard time finishing a team. It happens to everyone sometimes!)
  • I encourage you to build and test with other members of the SS ZU community as Christmas is a festive in which families/communities spend time together.
  • You're allowed to change requests until the sign up deadline, but avoid doing it if possible, as it could lead the host into making mistakes.

Have fun and happy building!

:delibird: Signups and Submissions :delibird:

This year we hit a total of 24 Secret Santa signups!! A bit less than last year (czim :( ) but I am glad too see some of you participate again and some others that are totally new. Today and in the next few days you will receive your instructions for teambuilding :) remember that you can look for help in other ZUers (such as me). It is also important to remind you that you need to post the teams before teh deadline 25th of December and, with this, everyone participating will have the team ready for Xmas :blobuwu:

It is also important to highlight that, to make your gift even better, don't forget to add a small description with the team when posting it in this thread, explain a bit of your teambuilding process or which threats certain teammates cover. Side jokes and amazing pictures are welcome too :D

For those who have not yet submitted their requests, please get them to me as soon as possible to make teambuilding easier for your beloved Secret Santas!!

:rolycoly:
:rolycoly:

On a more serious note, users who fail to post a team without a valid reason will be precluded from participating in the next year Secret Santa. This rule was implemented in PU some years ago in order to have a clear turnover rate :) but I am pretty sure all of you will accomplish the deadline!

Thank you and please enjoy these videos to get you in the festive spirit.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)