Status
Not open for further replies.

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
OM Mashup Tour Image.jpg

approved by The Immortal Nerd
art by Bummer

This will be a best of 1 STAAABmons tour.
Replays are encouraged but non-mandatory.
Rules and banlist* for this metagame are laid out both below and in the OM Mashups thread here. Feel free to join in the discussion!
Pokemon can use almost any ability and any move of their typing.

Clauses:
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same National Pokédex number on a team.
  • 2 Ability Clause: A player cannot have more than two Pokemon with the same Ability on a team.
  • OHKO Clause: A Pokemon may not have the moves Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, or Sheer Cold in its moveset.
  • Evasion Clause: A Pokemon may not have either Double Team or Minimize in its moveset.
  • Sleep Clause: If a player has already put a Pokemon on his/her opponent's side to sleep and it is still sleeping, another one can't be put to sleep.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Players cannot intentionally prevent an opponent from being able to end the game without forfeiting.
  • Dynamax Clause: Players cannot use the mechanic known as Dynamaxing.
Banlist:
Pokemon: Eternatus, Keldeo, Kyurem-Black, Kyurem-White, Lunala, Marshadow, Mewtwo, Necrozma-Dusk-Mane, Necrozma-Dawn-Wings, Reshiram, Shedinja, Silvally, Solgaleo, Terrakion, Zacian, Zamazenta, Zekrom
Abilities: Arena Trap, Comatose, Contrary, Fluffy, Fur Coat, Gorilla Tactics, Huge Power, Ice Scales, Illusion, Imposter, Innards Out, Intrepid Sword, Libero, Moody, Neutralizing Gas, Parental Bond, Protean, Pure Power, Shadow Tag, Simple, Stakeout, Speed Boost, Water Bubble, Wonder Guard
Moves:
RESTRICTED: Acupressure, Belly Drum, Bolt Beak, Double Iron Bash, Fishious Rend, Shell Smash, Shift Gear, Spore, V-Create
BANNED: Baton Pass
Items: King's Rock, Razor Fang
*The banned moves, abilities, and Pokemon don't necessarily match up with what is banned in STABmons and Almost Any Ability. Check out the banlist to be sure you're not trying to bring something illegal, missing an opportunity, or failing to prepare for a dangerous threat.

Battles should be played on the side server trashchannel, hosted by We Wuz Nidokangz . Playing in Custom Game or Balanced Hackmons on the main server allows both unnecessary freedoms, and in the case of BH, some unnecessary restrictions.

Signups close one week from today, Sunday March 15th at 11:59 PM EST.
Rounds will last one week and will end at the same time, Sundays at 11:59 PM EST.
Scheduling should be done in public and according to the Smogon Tournament Scheduling Guidelines.
All Smogon tournament rules and guidelines apply.

Type "In" to join.

FAQ:
Q: Why is this best of one? Can't it be best of three?
A: If you both agree you can play best of three (or more if you feel like it). Make sure to agree on this in PUBLIC (for instance, on one of your walls when you schedule).

Q: I'm having trouble with trashchannel. Is there any other way I can play?
A: If trashchannel gives you problems, you may play in a tour in a groupchat on the main server using the tour code from the Mashup Megathread, also found here. Full instructions are here if you need them.

Q: I've never played this metagame before, so I don't really know what I'm doing. Should I join anyway?
A: ABSOLUTELY! This metagame is a ton of fun, and we just banned two huge threats so nobody really knows what they're doing. Try not to get too hung up on winning or losing, it's all about the experience :blobthumbsup:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)