Other Metagames [stabmons] coffee

hey, it's unfixable. i'm quite sad right now, and i just want to write my emotions away. so i figured, why not make an rmt? i'll go over everything you'd expect in a rmt, so i hope you enjoy the reading. i sure enjoyed the writing. :heart:

also all of the nicknames are bayonetta references ya

hey so basically, this team is a hyper offense teams that focuses on pivoting in and out, wearing things down with the two powerful wallbreakers in hoopa-u / mega diancie, using garchomp as a backbone of sorts, and then cleaning games with gyarados. it's a pretty simple framework i'd say. scarf memento hoopa-u rocks and is a great partner for gyarados. hating electric-types, i added three pokemon that threaten them. mega diancie is great because gyarados takes on scizor for it, and it can deflect rocks that the team doesn't like. rotom-h is an awesome pivot, provides a thundurus / kyurem-b check, and is overall a nice pokemon. garchomp is sort of not used, but i love this thing. very threatening, + rotom-h takes on the annoying skarmory if it so pleases. cobalion is just kind of a filler. i wanted to add a steel-type, and heatran shared conflicting type with rotom-h, and cobalion is really the only other option that fit this team, so here it is. plus it has volt switch, which rocks! love this thing. shoutout Mambo

jeanne (Gyarados) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Dragon Ascent

the love of my life, gyarados. typically carrying a defensive set, i've taken on a more offensive approach. this set thrives in the current metagame due to scizor's prevalence and how gyarados threatens it out quite well. this set is a dragon dance variant, and really is surprising, which is surprising in itself. waterfall and dragon ascent smack literally everything. +1 dragon ascent is ridiculous off of 125 attack and STAB. the complimentary coverage of this set is so fantastic ahh! and gyarados completes the synergy on this team, which i'd like to say is quite good overall. kinda struggles versus other scarf pokemon, and not running defensive gyarados is sad, but i like this set quite a bit and i highly suggest using it. oh also, intimidate > moxie since it provides more set up opportunities late game, especially with memento. so easy to set up against -3 landorus-t lol.

rodin (Hoopa-Unbound) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magician
Jolly Nature
- Memento
- Drain Punch
- Hyperspace Fury
- Gunk Shot

threatening scarf mon of course! since i really need the scarf, and this thing is awesome, i chose to use it. the typical moveset is perfect coverage, so i didn't see a reason to change it. but what makes this so awesome is memento, which lets gyarados come in and set up against things it really shouldn't lol. also, hoopa-u is a great way to wear down the opposing pokemon that would otherwise stop gyarados, like thundurus, landorus-t, and bulky mons like ferrothorn. hoopa-u can break them down slowly but gradually thanks to its powerful attacks overall. literally just clicking hyperspace fury can win some games, but otherwise you click memento in a panic. love this pokemon!

gomorrah (Diancie-Mega) @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Protect
- Power Gem
- Earth Power
- Moonblast

mega diancie is an awesome pokemon in the current metagame, even with scizor being so common. it places so much pressure on the opponent, it pseudo-checks mega lopunny thanks to protect, and it's overall freaking awesome. power gem > diamond storm to hit scizor switch ins, which i believe does more but i didn't calc so maybe i'll change it but i kinda like having that tiny extra bulk. it's useful and it's actually more noticeable than i originally thought it would be. having a fairy-type is crucial, and mega diancie just rocks it. this is also a great lead if i'm scared of the opponents team, and beats that dastardly mega sableye, so it's kind of a rocking pick. the synergy it has with my entire team is amazing, so i think it has a perfect slot on my team.

cereza (Rotom-Heat) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Blue Flare

ahh a fun set in choice specs rotom-h. it's actually crazy powerful, outspeeds and checks mega scizor, and grabs momentum like it's no tomorrow. plus, trick crippling things like heatran is funny as hell. i could see thunderbolt being switched out, since i admittedly click it once in like twenty games, but other than that i think the set rocks. blue flare hits like a truck, and it's overall a pretty easy-to-spam move. seriously though, this thing is essential to my teams success. soft-checking mega scizor, kyurem-b, and thundurus is too invaluable to pass up. plus it hardwalls landorus-t lacking stone edge, which is like all of them, so that's awesome too. seriously, rotom-h is a great pokemon in this metagame!

enzo (Garchomp) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Precipice Blades

garchomp here provides the rocks for the team, applies immense pressure on opponents, and is overall a nice "bulky" fall back. swords dance is so unexpected, but not a lot likes switching into +2 precipice blades, so that's pretty cool. plus, with swords dance, you keep the pressure up to prevent your rocks from being rapid spinned. the only sets in this metagame are tankchomp and dd, but i wanted to take on a new approach, and i'm very happy with the turnout. catches many opponents off guard, and it fits this team by never losing momentum or pressure in nearly all circumstances. except... against... skarmory. ugh i hate that thing. maybe fblast > dragon claw, but i feel like that's too much neutral coverage to give up.

loptr (Cobalion) @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- King's Shield
- Volt Switch
- Secret Sword
- Doom Desire

okay my last pokemon! cobalion keeps up momentum, which is crucial to this team, is nice with king's shield, and really unexpected in general. it is so powerful with doom desire, and that alongside hoopa-u, should it pivot into it, is just devastating for the opposing team. this set overall is so unexpected, and i love it. no one really uses cobalion, and i do see why, but i see its potential. also, i'm thinking of running taunt somewhere on here because it sounds like a neat option, but i don't know what to run it over?! or if i should maybe run aura sphere / focus blast > secret sword. i like the consistency, and slamming down heatran. what do you guys think?

that's really all i have to say! very short and sweet rmt that i liked. uh shoutout to m00ns Reverb Dell Eevee General i guess, i don't really feel up to doing a lot of shoutouts. but those users are the cutest, so i *guess* they can have a mention. feel free to take this team. here's an importable.

not sure how to close this... so... uh... miguel will win a grammy one day. good night now. coffee

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny
Hey man, really cool and fresh team, just a few things though,

1. I am a little shaky about offensive gyara being a good scizor check, also except diancie you dont have hazard removal, so again on that front since gyara doesn't have roost, so it is pretty easy to wear down, specially by bulky mega-scizors. So, since most of the scizors don't have bullet punch anymore, hp fire would work pretty well on diancie(though a little risky).

2.Again not to be rude or something my mega lop set has a field day with you, it has lovely kiss/swords dance/HJK/Espeed. It could set up with lovely kiss against a lot of stuff(if diancie's gone) but even with it
252 Atk Mega Lopunny High Jump Kick vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Diancie: 204-240 (84.6 - 99.5%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252 Atk Mega Lopunny Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Gyarados: 246-289 (74.3 - 87.3%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
And after that all you have is prediction with cob.

On the offensive front this team is awesome, But on the defensive one, its a little shaky. But I can see how you rotate your opponent's mons with HO pressure
Anyways GOOD luck :o)

hi darksylvion thank you for giving my team a look, i really appreciate the rate!

1.) i don't like hidden power fire simply because it means mega diancie loses the possibility of ever speed tie'ing with latios, gengar, and opposing mega diancie. the 30 speed ivs really kills it for me, otherwise i would definitely run it. choice band scizor is common, and does run bullet punch fwiw, so i can't discount that. gyarados can switch into the bullet punch with ease, and use it to set up with relative ease. i'm not really sure if there's anything to be done about this. the team deals with mega scizor by pivoting a lot, and abusing the rough skin on garchomp in last resort. by not letting it ever set up, which i will try my best to by pivoting in and out, it's all good. just really be sure you keep garchomp, rotom-h, and mega diancie relatively okay in terms of health because they can all take on a +1 scizor and threaten in return. considering running endure > swords dance on garchomp honestly, but i like the dance! D:

2.) mega lopunny is a bitch for hyper offense teams. mega diancie forces mindgames because high jump kick on a protect = bad news for mega lopunny. overall, yeah, it's a huge threat. there's not much i can do for it. garchomp could be changed to tankchomp i guess but i don't like that because it feels like i'm losing a bit of offensive presence and i need as much as i can get. cobalion also forces mindgames. it's really a 50/50 with this thing. however, it's being suspected right now so it all depends on the outcome of that really. i can't really change anything to fix that D:

thank you for the rate n_n

EV

Banned deucer.
Hi unfix! ( ` . ` )

Cool team. Offensive Gyara is a beast and one of your stars so I won't change it to defensive even though I luff defensive. I will offer one major suggestion, however.

Magnezone @ Life Orb
Ability: Magnet Pull
Modest Nature
- King's Shield
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Fire
- Doom Desire / Flash Cannon

Cobalion was filler (your words) so I think Magnezone utilizes the spot better. You still get Volt Switch initiative and a much more powerful Doom Desire plus King's Shield. But with Magnet Pull and HP Fire you can remove Ferrothorn, a mon that gives this team a lot of grief even tho you carry Rotom-H (which hates coming in on SR / Leech Seed repeatedly). Ferrothorn can set hazards fairly easily due to its ability to scare Mega Diancie, your only form of hazard control. Mag is also a nice Scizor check because it can come in on Shift Gear and King's Shield scout for Superpower.

A minor suggestion:

Memento -> Parting Shot on Hoopa-U. Parting Shot gives you some more momentum without sacrificing Hoopa while still giving your team setup opportunities with the -1/-1 drops.

I think that's it! You do have to play carefully around Mega Lop, but if you get in on it with Mega Diancie you can rebound Lovely Kiss, or if it Swords Dances, you can Protect scout for HJK the next turn. Once it knows you have Protect it will be more conservative with HJK however, so try not to reveal it until you're facing Lop.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
After playing this team last night, the apparent issue in terms of changing mons is that you have absolutely no counterplay to specs keldeo. Hoopa-U is the only thing that can even revenge it, and only Cobalion even has a chance of HITTING it if Hoopa is dead. Specs Keldeo is a serious threat in the current metagame, and you can't work around it. I can't tell you how to fix this issue because I didn't make your team, but this is probably this team's biggest issue, considering I could've 6-0'd this team with specs keldeo, a hoopa-u counter, and nothing else.

Beyond this, you straight up lose to a number of threats such as SG Bisharp with Low Kick and the like; and no that doesn't mean SG is broken. The fact that you rely on offensive gyarados to check physical attackers means you just lose to a number of sweepers in the metagame. If Hoopa doesn't outspeed it and its strong enough, or has sucker punch (hi ttar), you get 6-0'd unless you play absolutely perfectly. Stabmons isn't a meta where you can rely on one mon to blanket check things unless its Diggersby, which is banned, so this team's inability to check common threats is its demise.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)