SS OU Stall Caseira da casa / Blissey + Umbreon Core Anti-Sweeper Stall (I guess?) without Unaware - Vagner com V TOP 8 SS OU Ladder PEAK

Vorulito

formerly PedroGreg
is a Tiering Contributor
1200px-242Blissey.png1200px-197Umbreon.pngMew.png1200px-445Garchomp.png641-therian.png748Toxapex.png

Stall Caseira da casa

UMBREON STALL.png

Hello friends! I'm here again, this time bringing a kind of team that I don't have much control of, STALL
Well basically i really like working with defensive cores when i'm building my balanceds, and because of that i know of some very interesting synergies between some walls, but always keeping the balance between absorbing damage and giving my damage, after all i would be building one balanced.

So the challenge here that I set myself would be to bring something that was neither a balenced nor a BO, I decided that I needed to get out of my comfort zone so much to learn to play with new things so much to have possible suggestions here.
as I said, I know how to build with some defensive cores, and because of that I decided to start building my stall with a specific core that seems to be very interesting.

Introduction

This team had its initial purpose of being built with the core Blissey + Umbreon, the reason for this choice is that I noticed that there is a huge potential to nullify potential sweepers, for example, Blissey being practically immortal on the defensive special side has ease in hold pretty much everything that comes from that side even when the sweeper in question is already buffed.

a good example of this is Volcarona,
Volcarona is proving to be one of the most dangerous sweepers in the current metagame, but if the blissey carries toxic it's just a matter of time before Volcarona dies and nothing can be done vs her, only after the 3 quiver dance, just maybe volcarona can be a threat, considering he has not yet taken toxic.

Now on the other side we have Umbreon, which is one of my favorite pokemons of this gen, it has a similar function as blissey in nullifying potential sweepers, but in this case on the physical side, thanks to foul play.

A good example of this is against Dragonite, +2 252 Atk Dragonite Dual Wingbeat (2 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Umbreon: 182-216 (46.1 - 54.8%) -- approx. 3.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

as you can see Umbreon is not intimidated even after the second dragon dance, and in return this happens:

+2 252 Atk Umbreon Foul Play vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 165-195 (51 - 60.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 252 Atk Umbreon Foul Play vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Dragonite: 331-391 (102.4 - 121%) -- guaranteed OHKO
(Without multiscale)

Clearly this will not apply to all meta sweepers, there are some that still find it easy to deal with them, from what little I know about Stall I know that one of the biggest threats for this type of team is Taunt CM Tapu Fini for example
so given the introduction of the core in question that i decided to build on it i will explain the teambuilnd process through the team development.

1200px-242Blissey.png1200px-197Umbreon.png

Team Development
With this initial core I noticed something worrying right away, weakness to fighter, a simple close combat of urshifu would already destroy him, and also Tapu Fini with CM and taunt, as I mentioned earlier, because Umbreon could do nothing against her but give free setup of CM and with the help of draining kiss she could end up becoming a threat even to Blissey after many CM.

It was then that I decided to put Mew on the team, specifically mew with taunt to fix these two problems at once.
Mew besides being incredibly bulky acts very well as a kind of emergency exit for these types of threats that end up getting out of control and destroying stalls, it is extremely difficult for them to be able to do anything against mew and if they end up losing 1 vs 1 the mew can end up punishing other mons that get in your face, (I'll make this more specific at the end of my RMT, as this time I'll explain the Moveset and EV spread I've chosen for my mons)

Mew.png

As we're already halfway through the team and we still don't have any way to put hazards it was more than time to place a Stealth Rock user.
Well, it was already clear to me that it would be Garchomp, as he besides being able to lure other Stealth Rock users like Swampert and Landorus-T has another essential function inside a stall, which is to be able to hold Heatran.
As someone who loves to spam Heatran I know he has the potential to destroy Stall if they don't have very specific answers for him.
So Garchomp was actually a good choice here, it allows me to put Stealth Rock and still punish Heatran, even more so with their set that has incredible support thanks to Umbreon.

1200px-445Garchomp.png

The next Pokémon chosen was one that I think makes an excellent core with practically all teams, which is Tornadus-T
There's not much secret here, its function is to Defog and take pressure off Hazards when necessary and Knock Off to remove items while pivoting with excellence, but despite the basics there is a function that I found to be essential, which is the of having an answer against kartana, which I during my training with Stall discovered to be a gigantic threat for them, after a Swords Dance Kartana becomes too dangerous a threat, because their attack is insane, even the set with CB ends up being destructive if the specific pieces of your stall are being weakened throughout the game.
So I found out that Tornadus, besides doing everything I mentioned, can be an emergency option to deal with Kartana, even if it means taking him out of the field after an SD.

641-therian.png

To finish I put a very common piece in most Stalls, which is Toxapex.
It fits perfectly here, as it has the function of absorbing ice type blows of which my team has two weaknesses and no resistance and still being able to deal with Weavile which ends up having a similar function as Kartana After 1 SD.
Toxapex is very versatile inside a stall, while he can press with toxic Spikes he can "reset" the game with haze stopping some threats that not even Blissey Umbreon and Mew can handle.
In general, although I'm inexperienced with Stall, I find it very difficult to make one without a toxapex inside it because I can simply do everything while having one of the best skills in the game.
748Toxapex.png

Movesets/EV Spread/Itens/ETC...

Blissey
Blissey (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic
- Teleport​

Simple set, which I'm most comfortable playing with, has the purpose of absorbing special damage with ease and pivoting with teleport, allowing you to end up not being so passive and vulnerable after performing your role.

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell​

Is the Cleric of the team, a stall needs to heal from any Toxics, Burns, Paralyzes, Freezes throughout the game, Protect + Wish with the help of Leftovers is a great help, not only for the performance of this function but for Umbreon to be Extremely hard to kill overall, although Toxic Spikes/Spikes do exist I don't consider a good replacement HDB>Leftovers

Garchomp @ Leftovers
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Rest
- Stealth Rock​
EV spreadspecially designed to be 1 point faster than timid Heatran.
with the help of Heal bell you can rest with peace of mind in most situations and continue raging with toxic/Rough Skinn and not lose your Steal Rock user anytime soon, as without Rest he has no efficient way to regenerate.
Regarding the item I considered that leftovers would be a better option in the long run, as it ends up being more difficult to kill Garchomp, although Rocky Helmet+Rough Skinn is tempting.

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Night Shade
- Soft-Boiled
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt​

Of investment in speed to pass Adamant Bisharp and give WOW if you think this exchange is necessary and also to Outspeed Defensives Landorus-T to prevent from placing Stealth Rock.
The set is mainly to counter CM users as you absorb damage and deal fixed damage to them with Night Shade or anything else.

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 Spe
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Defog​
168 Speed to outspeed Gengar and Kartana.
Heat Wave comes in as an option to hit steel-type pokemons, especially ferrothron, as it can easily place spikes/Leech Seed and make your life hell. Also a good choice for Corviknight/Skarmory/Scizor

Toxapex @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes​

Maybe the set and the EV spread that made me more confused, but I believe that apart from the item everything is in agreement.
Max Def/HP to be able to haze Bisharp and Weavile, and any other threats during the game that it is possible to have even more this option to "reset" the sweeper Scald>Knock Off for possible Burns especially for these threats.
Toxic Spikes for pressure and nothing to comment on recover.

Threats

As the title suggests and even though I have built it so that this isn't necessary, I don't have any Unaware user, my stall believe that I actually have answers to deal with most common pokemons in the metagame, but I'm not sure what I'll have. of facing and if my team will be prepared for them, for example (replay unfortunately I haven't saved) a fight I was completely destroyed by a Blaziken after 1 SD, since I can't ignore the double attack.
Garchomp and Excadrill are common meta resets and after 1 SD if my walls are even slightly weakened they will no longer be able to handle them
In general a team with many Sweepers can be a crucial factor to destroy this team in my view, since to stop a sweeper there is always a big stress on any team, you basically even if you have the key answer for it, you need to stop everything. what are you doing/trying to do to neutralize her.

Considerations

This was actually a challenge that I set out to do, which was to bring something new around here and get out of my comfort zone, so maybe what I proposed during my team building process is completely bad in the eyes of those who understand of this style, but I don't ever bring here what I don't even believe is good, because in fact I got good results with this team, I'm open to any kind of tips and suggestions for exchanges.

Some replays:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1368972618-8pll2qurvhbcmg5ha4oevrdeyqros94pw Importance of Hazard Stack

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1368985817-35iux6qdunfg9uon9f76i9vfyu2fg5spw VS Hail

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1369248590-k0ae2u0m5lzv7trb5j4cqosocbiu43epw VS Hail 2x

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1369040913 VS Trick Room

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1369293211 VS Soul Wind

Last edited:
I normally would consider Umbreon very niche, however, with the recent use case of Mew and other wall options for offensive threats I'm really enjoying this team; especially with both Mew and Umbreon being capable of filling specialized roles in teams. I also enjoy the use of unique synergies in this team, it's certainly stall based but it has less of a passive component to it which allows fits a very esoteric niche above other forms of play involved in the currently shifting meta. Particularly I have been finding players experimenting with play not centered around the OU metagame's current glue, Landorus-Therian, and it seems to have varying results but it looks entertaining!

:monke:
I'm sorry I love the Smogoff emojis

Vorulito

formerly PedroGreg
is a Tiering Contributor
I normally would consider Umbreon very niche, however, with the recent use case of Mew and other wall options for offensive threats I'm really enjoying this team; especially with both Mew and Umbreon being capable of filling specialized roles in teams. I also enjoy the use of unique synergies in this team, it's certainly stall based but it has less of a passive component to it which allows fits a very esoteric niche above other forms of play involved in the currently shifting meta. Particularly I have been finding players experimenting with play not centered around the OU metagame's current glue, Landorus-Therian, and it seems to have varying results but it looks entertaining!

:monke:
I'm sorry I love the Smogoff emojis
thanks for the feedback, the mons i used are common defensive core parts i use in balanceds, i even had already posted a team here with umbreon previously XD
and I agree that the meta is constantly changing, I appreciate the potential this game allows to always bring new sets and ways to play, whenever I put a team here I try to bring something unusual that plays a specific role well.

Vorulito

formerly PedroGreg
is a Tiering Contributor
My first reply here, oh well.

It's nice to see how stall is being used a bit more. Some people thinks that there's not a good moment for stall, what's your opinion?
Only two things to say:
My first thought upon seeing the team was that they had several fairy-type weaknesses, and that the Tapu Koko + Kyurem combo could be one of their biggest threats. Did you have big problems with fairy-types in general?
The other thing I wanted to know, out of curiosity, was if you consider that it was very difficult to play with a stall team with the large number of powerful wallbreakers and swepers that exist in the metagame today.
I'm a very bad player, but i think that your team it's very solid and i want to see how evolve, if it does.

Congratz and have a nice day. :)
thanks for the feedback, and yes, you're right, especially in the tapu koko issue, my stall suffers a bit, since my eletric immunnity is knocked out by Fairy, and rest is nullified by eletric terrain.
but volt switch/u-turn has always actually been a good way to press stall in general.
About Kyurem you are also right because as I said during this RMT Toxapex came in here especially to absorb ice-type blows, but kyurem dodges that. Kyurem can be walled by Blissey at the same time he gets a pp war if he is sub/roost, but on this occasion he is easily walled by Mew and especially Umbreon too, thanks to protect.
Overall there are a lot of strong sweepers in the current metagame, but an interesting thing I noticed is that as you can see my stall is just created to play against most of them, note that a sweeper can easily destroy any unprepared team, the which honestly is not that difficult to happen.
In general I think Stall is a very strong type of team, but like all other types it has its weaknesses.

scorbunnys

Don't dream your life, but live your dream. #Bunny
Umbreon's rly cool pls do a Sylv one on the future :pleading_face: so we can complete the eevee gang and ur team has a p good synergy, I like it. Going to try it at some point def

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)