SM UU SMASH!

Sooooo... looking at these other RMT's and you'll never catch me putting in that much effort on this forum, on this game -- or in anything else I do in my life time; not now, not ever. Fuck. That. With that said, I do respect and admire the dedication though. Without further ado though, here's the six that I had the most fun playing and building, complete with explanations and all that good shit people seem to enjoy.

4r Da Squaw

1545683827395.png
@ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Heal Bell
- Toxic

Everyone knows what this thing does; dummy fat special wall that has access to SR and Cleric options in Heal Bell and Wish. I needed a Heal Beller and honestly... it's not really UU stall if it doesn't have Blissey, let's be serious here. Mon's dummy consistent, and for very good reason.

1545683934933.png
1545683973919.png
@ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic / Haze

Another stall staple here, excels at eating boosted physical hits thanks to unaware or whatnot. Like Blissey, it's dumb consistent. This is pretty barebones and all, kind of like Blissey and Alo will be but it's self explanatory to most.

1545683878618.png
1545683909120.png
@ Altarianite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 Spe
Impish Nature
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Defog
- Roost​

My funcitoning defogger and Crawdaunt switch-in (throw Zera in there too); M-Altaria has a lot to offer on stall thanks to its amazing typing and honestly in hindsight, I wish I had made this the win condition for the team along with making Lati Z Defog of some sort. Anyways with EQ I can reliably hit SR Emp, so I rolled with that over Flamethrower, didn't get much use out of it because I didn't really play many Emps on ladder.

1545684061248.png
1545683858139.png
@ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Rock Blast
- Protect

My rocker, flying resist, and means of beating Sub CM Chandelure. Stakataka (Nihilego too) is underrated on stall, because it compresses many of the things you'd want to check off in one... literal wall, it keeps rocks up versus a pretty popular defogger in Heattom, and it can scout shit with Protect. I never really got the chance to optimize the EV spread or anything but Max/Max doesn't disappoint, and I wasn't about to play around in the calc to find a fitting mixture.

1545683873732.png
1545684095113.png
@ Psychium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stored Power
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Refresh

Here's the wincon and means of checking many things, more specifically the tier's notorious plotters in Lucario and Infernape, but it can check a slew of things from Suicune to blowing thru opposing fat. I had a ton of fun with this mon, and I honestly see why our S ranks are where they're at. They fit on any playstyle that you need them to, and fulfill many roles throughout the tier given what the team necessitates. Z mainly because I wanted a way to scout Knocks in case I find myself in one of those Pursuit 50/50s, to kind of take the guessing out of it, as well as having a nuke for Luke or Nape at neutral, in case I just needed them gone.

1545684119292.png
@ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Def / 216 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Knock Off
- Protect
- Wish

Alomomola is just really good. One of my earlier stalls was an interesting idea with double bird and DD Refresh M-Alt but I found out really quick that Wish was a necessity on stall, especially so since I was using other mons that required the support. Alo doesn't only Wish, it also chips down massive threats that like clicking U-Turn, as well as Knocking Off somethin's item which is money. Very common sensical pick in many regards, but it thrives at its role similar to how Blissey or Quag thrive at their given roles.​

[click for nudes]

Find a Topic (Final Words)
I've had a lot of fun playing and building over the past couple of weeks, and expanding my thought process in my return. Team's incredibly fun, I did find NP plus Krook Support to be pretty annoying though. It's what you'd expect from a UU stall team but with a twist, maybe for better or worse; I don't see myself building fat without a wincon anytime soon, or at least for laddering purposes. It's been fun returning so far, and I look forward to 2019 and what it has to offer. I feel like a quick shoutout is due for the people who been rockin' with me, you know who you are, old and new alike. I appreciate the support and I never intend to disappoint, I think it's nigh time to get this money and finish what I started back in late 2017.​

Last edited:

Jaajgko

I will disband the soccer club
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I don't really have much to say about this team besides that you should run Haze on Altaria since you rely on Latias to deal with cm mons which can be trapped easily since you have a mono-psychic set.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)