Star Strike [Menceless Suspect]

So I decided to make a team for the new meta. Latias's Ban had invalidated most of my teams - I had a LOTias on every team that didn't have a ScarfTias. After reading the forums a bit, I found the existence of the Menceless Suspect. Looked good, because I was tired of putting a Scizor or ScarfTias on every team (which, when the latter was not banned, prevented me from using my typical MVP LOTias).

I usually make Balanced Clear-The-Path teams. I decided to center a team around Starmie.

Afterwards, I seen that Spikes seemed to help with many of the OHKO's, so I added Skarmory.

To abuse the spikestacking, I needed a U-Turner. And who's a better U-Turner then a Adamant ScarfGon (freed from the need to fight Mence)?

Then, I needed a lead. A anti-lead Machamp + a Stealth-Rocker Celebi looked good

Looking through the team, I realized I needed a Lucario Counter and a Spin Blocker. Scarf Rotom-H looks like a nice choice.

(Playtesting...) I realized I had a Rotom Weakness. To fix it, I changed my lead into a Jirachi with Stealth Rock, and swapped Celebi with Lanturn

So Here's the Team :

The Lead

Jirachi (Jirachi) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 80 HP/252 Atk/176 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Trick
- U-turn

Description:
My lead. Very little to explain - A ScarfRachi does what a ScarfRachi does - wins the lead wars and sets up rocks.

Problems:
Easily beat by leads not named Azelf/Aerodactyl. Often fails to set up rocks, and Jirachi's a bad Pok`emon mid-game.

The SuperStar

Starmie (Starmie) @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Description:
My MVP. Once Faster Pok'emon are dead and the more defensive Pok'emon have taken Spikes damage, Starmie comes and OHKOs them all. Recover allows it to survive longer if Toxic Spikes is up, and the other 3 inflict tons of damage to foes alongside LO.

Problems:
Easily Revenge Killed, taking 33% from RESISTED hits. Also, if I don't have Spikes, I only OHKO very weak Pok`emon.

The Shuffler

Flygon (Flygon) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Description:
Having Spikes and Rocks, I need a Pok'emon that can abuse them. This U-Turner high-speed Pokemon can certainly do that.

Problems:
Flygon NEVER Deals enough damage. NEVER. Even with an SE Attack. And Stone Miss, in the worst conditions.

The Revenge Killer

Rotom (Rotom-h) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick

Description:
My team's main Revenge Killer and Spin Blocker. Having enough speed to outspeed most +1 Pok'emon in Menceless, and enough attack to inflict nice amounts of damage, it makes for a very good Pok`emon.

Problems:
While it does deal a nice amount of damage, it can't OHKO most Pok`emon. Tyranitar is a pest and, like Lanturn, the lack of Recovery hurts.

The Spiker

Skarmory (Skarmory) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Spikes
- Whirlwind

Description:
With Starmie having less then perfect SpA, I needed a way to reduce enemy health levels. And Spikes seem just A+ for this purpose. I use the Sp. Def set for a enhanced Spikes-setting window.

Problems:
Not Much. Except for not surviving +6 Thunderbolts, Skarmory does exactly what you expect it to do. Comes in, sets up spikes.

The Glue

Lanturn (Lanturn) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 52 HP/252 SAtk/148 SDef
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Charge Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam

Description:
Probably the most bulky member of my team (Skarmory dosen't count). It gives me a way to deal with Pok`emon like Rotom and Jolteon. Also, with Charge Beam, it can make some good Mini-Sweeps.

Problems:
Lack of Recovery means it's durability is rather limited.

Post-Posting History (all times UTC):
Code:
 - 13/06/10 12:36
     * Swapped Shadow Ball on Rotom with Will-O-Wisp.

SlottedPig

sem feio
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
How is Flygon not doing enough damage? Flygon is ace; switch in on something like a Scarftran and scare the fuck out of it. "Will I Quake or will I U-Turn?"

On another note, I suggest replacing Shadow Ball on Rotom with Will-O-Wisp; you seem to have troubles with Tyranitar.

You forgot to list the EV's on Starmie.

If you want flygon to hit harder, you could make it a Jolly CB Flygon, or replace it with a SpD Scizor.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Adamant ; 160 Hp / 176 Atk / 24 Spe / 148 SpD
Bullet Punch
U-Turn
Pursuit
Superpower

Rotom needs more bulk to be useful after it tricks its scarf, so I would change the EV spread to

Rotom-A @ Choice Scarf
Timid ; 252 Hp / 64 SpA (Or Def) / 192 Spe
Shadowball
Overheat
Trick
Thunderbolt / Will-o-Wisp

Skarmory is fine, although you could run 108 Speed on Skarm so you can Whirlwind before 16speed Gyara roars you out.

aim

pokeaimMD
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
One thing I want to say is that lanturn is the perfect starmie counter and can 2HKO most of the threats in ou bearing bliss. so yeah nice with that! and second, I would suggest switching your skarmory to taunt skarmory - Impish 252 hp 76 def 184 speed with shed shell. This way you can outspeed other skarms and stop them from setting up also. I would suggest running taunt spikes roost and whirlwind.. hope I helped :D..also nice team 8)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)