SS OU Starlight, Starbright - Armageddonsspike( partial credits to airfare and Steez Ibanez)

Heyo! Its me, Armageddonsspike/Armage. Today I'm sharing a team which has worked EXTREMELY well post Urshifu Ban. I prepared this as soon as the suspect test was announced and I have gotten very consistent results.

While I'm here I wanted to talk about this team and the state of the meta. Due to the unsurprising ban of Urshifu which is relatively new, this team may have to be adjusted as the meta develops. Cinderace, Magearna, and Spectrier all seem like contenders for future suspects and bans, so the team may not be in commission for too long. Just letting you guys/girls know this so you don't run around with teams that might not work.

THE TEAM MEMBERS.

Cinder.jpg

Cinderace

Rush Hour (Cinderace) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Libero
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pyro Ball
- High Jump Kick
- Gunk Shot
- U-turn​

Cinderace is a fantastic pivot which is really good at keeping pressure and killing with its strong stabs and great speed tier. Pyro ball is standard, Uturn is standard. Gunk shot is for Tapu fini and the birds as poison chance for things like Moltres and Zapdos really help wear down the opposing teams defensive mons when combined with repeated rocks and uturns. High Jump kick is for annoying Heatrans and is just a really powerful stab move. This pivot works really well with the next member who can pressure bulky waters such as pex and slowbro without getting affected by rocky helmet.

Kyurem.jpg

Kyurem

Glacial (Kyurem) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Freeze-Dry
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Draco Meteor
Kyurem is a super strong breaker which allows for the rest of the team to take advantage of the lack of walls. The amount of mons this baby can break is astounding. Freeze Dry alone makes this mon scary due to ice stab being very excellent right now and bulky waters being prominent in the meta. Freeze Dry is going to be the most spammable move simply due to lack of consistent resists. Earth power is for Heatran and Magearna, Draco Meteor is just a nuke, and ice beam is for things which take freeze dries moderately well. This mon is a MONSTER and should pretty much kill at least 2 mons. However, it is slower than the 300 speed tier which a lot of mons hit and cant really take too much chip paired with rocks. The team overall is centered around being able to break using Kyurem and chipping with Cinderace to get a kill with Dragapult and Ace once everything is broken.

RACHI.jpg

JIRACHI

Starbaby (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 180 SpD / 76 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Body Slam
- Wish
- U-turn​

Jirachi is a great Spdef tank which soaks up hits from things like Kyurem, Magearna, and Tapu Lele. Being the primary Magearna answer on this team it handles both sets really well, getting a 4kho on Max Speed and Spattk Magearna with Iron head, and getting a worse 8kho on max def Magearna. However you beat most variants and if they are Iron defense Magearna, they don't do much to you anyways. You win by flinching. Wish support is great with a slower uturn and its great defensive typing. This mon does not like other fast pivots which can hit hard on its defensive side.

HIPPO.jpg

Hippowdon

Shroud (Hippowdon) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 244 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic​

Hippowdon is a good rocker who punishes pivoting form most notably Cinderace. Cinderace in general is a problem for a lot of teams simply due to its accessibility of uturn and fantastic stabs. With rocky helmet and toxic, it can punish pivot switch ins with toxic and rocks. It punishes uturners for hitting it and has a strong enough stab paired with recovery. Overall its a solid mon. I wish we had something better than this to deal with pivots from Cinderace and rocks but this is the best answer with recovery. 8 speed is for Melmetals trying to creep 130 with 131.

Mandi.png

Mandibuzz

Boomer (Mandibuzz) (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 140 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn​

Mandibuzz is a decent defogger who is meant to be a spectrier soft check. Uturn is for a harder slow pivot on a spectrier into Dragapult. 60 Defense is for Cinderace 3khos and 56 speed is to hit 210. It Deals with Rillaboom and Dragapult fairly well and Cinderace can sort of be stopped by it. Roost is roost, recovery is always nice. Nothing really to comment about with this mon.

Pult.jpg

Dragapult

Phanta (Dragapult) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Shadow Ball
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn​

Dragapult is fantastic speed control and hits hard with Shadow ball and draco meteor. Hex is nice for mons that have been poisoned by hippo. This is one of the dual synergies with mandi. If a Spectrier comes and subs and willo wisps your Mandibuzz, you can uturn into Dragapult and beat it/force it out safely. This takes advantage of slow pivots really nicely because it has the ability to provide momentum and hit hard with ghost stab which not many mons can resist. Overall a solid mon to round out the team.

The team pokepaste
https://pokepast.es/f748f44ef649ca9e

I do welcome criticism unlike a lot of people.... so do post anything you notice in the comments below and I will try and explain my choices for them. I may make changes based on your suggestions so its always appreciated! Have fun with the team, stay safe, and have a cool day! :D

Stat Spread for Jirachi was made by Airfare.
Overall team rounding was adjusted by Steez Ibanez.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)