Starmie (Ubers) [QC 2/3] MM2 has this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starmie will be smashed by Psytrike easy. You miss out the OHKO for max HP Ghost Arceus, in exchange for outrunning base 102+ threats, which is still fairly important. The problem is Kabutops outruns quite a lot of threats in rain and gets a lot more chances to spam attacks.

Hitting Groudon hard is a good thing though, and I guess you beat Rayquaza one-on-one which is good. Other than powerful Hydro Pumps on the switch, getting Starmie in is almost impossible. Kabutops can use Swords Dance on the predicted switch and OHKO Ghost Arceus. Giratina-O still takes loads of damage close to OHKO after rocks. Starmie can OHKO Ghost Arceus on the switch, but Kabutops outruns Ghost Arceus which is huge. The Rock-typing gives Kabutops a lot more use.

The only semi-important thing you mons you outspeed with Timid are Latios/Latias. It sucks to underspeed but at least you still outspeed the very important Palkia and you get that OHKO on Ghostceus which is way bigger. (but I guess he can AC timid or something)

Js, Kabutops loses to resttalk Tina-o. Again, these comparisons just makes it clear that they aren't the same thing. Under Rain tops has that sexy speed whereas Starmie doesn't have to have the weather in it's favor to Spin if there isn't a ghostceus still around and the increased damage output Starmie has (it's Palkia level) allows it to make up for the fewer free turns it gets by taking kills/spinning right there.

Lol, Starmie's defenses are crap, Psystrike still smack you for massive damage and you can't check Mewtwo, you are simply fodder. I rather use Slowbro seriously, at least it gets Regenerator, and you can never spin with a defensive set, because Giratina-O rips you, Giratina sits on you, Ghost Arceus eats you, although rain-boosted Hydro Pump can deal some respectable damage.

lol says the guy with that ghosty analysis smh. but yeah I'll write it later on this week or next weekend

Edit: I'm a filthy liar and will write this up during my christmas break which is at the end of this week.

Last edited:
is it too late to reject this

Edit: QC REJECTED 2/3. Playtested this several times, including vs shrang and Darkness Passenger, and it's simply outclassed by Kabutops. It loses to Arceus-Ghost 1-1 (can only beat it if Ghostceus switches into a Hydro Pump) and Kabutops can beat that on the switch as well. Even if Starmie manages to lure in and kill a ghost, it is easy to revenge kill/force out with a scarfer before it can spin. It also greatly misses Natural Cure, as Paralysis and Toxic Spikes messes it up. It's a really bad Pokemon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)