Rejected - Inactive Stasis state for inactive ladder top 500 accounts

Hello, I couldn't find this suggestion in this forum so I assume it's not been made before, but I might be wrong, feel free to let me know if it is the case.

So, this is a suggestion which would mostly affect the top 500 of ladders of metagames with a lower player base such as some other metas and older gens. In some of these metas, while browsing through the leaderboard, you will often bump into this :
stasisreasoning.PNG

And it sometimes goes on up to 4/5th of the top 500 for some older gens. Looking at these accounts, some seem to have been inactive for a long time, having their gxe not being displayed anymore. A part of them could even consist of accounts made for ladder tournaments/suspect tests that happened a while ago and could not ever be used again. These accounts are, to me, taking the place of active accounts, making the top 500 less representative of the current state of the ladder.
All things considered, my suggestion is to put these inactive accounts in a stasis state. It means the following :
-The account is removed of the top 500 if it has been inactive in a metagame for a certain period of time.
-The account keeps its elo and gxe in the said metagame. It is still displayed when doing /rank.
-The account will reintegrate the top 500 as soon as it completes another ladder game in the said metagame.

I'm pretty sure implementing this would help some ladders to be in a cleaner, more representative state of the time being, though it would likely not affect all of the showdown ladders : current gen OU for example has a big enough player base not to have this problem, while on the other hand some less-played metas have their top 500 going below the limit of ladder decay and would probably not be able to fill a top 500 while only taking into consideration the non-inactive accounts. But I do think there are ladders out there which would highly beneficiate from it.

Thanks for reading, and I hope my idea will catch your interest !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)